Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{15}

3.5K 124 36
By Pandalion23

"I'll meet you at the Entrance Exam, yeah?" Izuku asked as he shouldered his bag, ready to run home to get prepared for the hero exam that was starting in a few hours. You could see the nervous shudder that went through him, despite the training he had endured, he technically didn't have the power of One for All yet, not until it fully processed into his system. But, despite it, you believed in him, he'd ace this exam because he wanted it more than anything.

You smiled at him, excited. "Yeah! Of course," you then gave him a determined look, pumping your fist up. "We're gonna do great! This is our chance to get into U.A., let's give it our all!"

Izuku was silent for a moment, admiring your attitude of this nerve-wracking situation before swallowing down his fears and grinning widely, "Yeah!" You both grinned, chuckling at one another before it was time for him to go.

"I'll meet you, Zuku!" You waved him off as he began jogging home.

"I'll see you there, (y/n)-chan!"

You watched him disappear around the corner, relaxing slightly as you then turned around to face your father as you could hear the sand crunching beneath his feet. He stops just behind you as you look up to meet his gaze, "This is the day," you said, breathing a small, pleased breath.

After everything. After all the training you had endured, the time you spent sculpting your quirk to fight, the pain that had spread through you for years...it was all for this day. This Exam.

"I'm going to U.A.," it was a statement, not a sentence of awe or disbelief. You'd get into U.A., the best damn hero course in the country, which was of course the hardest as well. But, you didn't train for nothing. You were ready. Your back straightened, you let out a breath, you looked at your father straight in the eye. "I know you don't want me to take the Exam," you breathed.

He shook his head. "It's not that. You've already proven yourself, (y/n)," he objected, making you raise a confused brow. "You're technically already a Pro, I should've been upset, after that stunt you had pulled a few months back," your eye's widened at his words, before you shrunk back sheepishly.

A few months ago, before fully moving back to Mustafa, you had been with Sorahiko, Gran Torino, for the weekend. He had taken you on a short patrol, it was more of a bonding experience for the two of you, although he had taken you on a dozen patrols before now. On your way back, you both had been caught in a rather violent tangle with a few thieves on their way from a convenience store robbery. It was inevitable that the two of you would split up, the robbers had little control or their quirks, putting citizens at risk.

You had saved nearly a dozen people, a burning building had nearly collapsed on top of you in the process. Gran Torino had taken care of the villains while you had gotten them to safety, instructing you to head back home before the police came to the scene. Little did you know, the news reporters hadn't been far, capturing a rather blurry video of the rescue, which you caught on the news a few days later. You had assumed your father hadn't seen it, obviously that wasn't the case.

"Oh...you know about that?" You questioned, cringing at your words as you practically confessed.

He gave you a look. "I raised you, (y/n)," he put his hand on the to of your head, giving it a rough pat. "No one knows your power as well as I do. How could you think that you could keep it from your old man, hm?"

You pouted before sighing, guiltily. "I'm sorry, I know. It's just...I-i actually don't have an excuse," you chuckled faintly, as if your father pulls his hand away, letting you straighten. "I know I shouldnt've, but I couldn't do nothing. Besides Uncle Hiko was right there, if I was in trouble I wouldn't have even known with him fighting beside me."

Your father wasn't swayed very much as he still gave you a stern look. "It's not that you went out on your own, although it does bother me," he shivered to himself, thinking of what could've happened. "But, that you didn't tell me. (Y/n), I know your power, what it can do and what it does to you, I just want to make sure you're safe." He assured you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

But, you looked away, frowning deeply. "You can't be worried about me all the time, ya know," you said. "My quirk has always had a drawback, the accident just made it worse but I can control it now. I can take the pain, just like I will when I become a Pro," you look up at your father. "I understand how you feel dad, I do, and I'm sorry for making you feel this way, but this is what I have to deal with." You give him a small, reassuring smile.

His gaze softens and he sighs deeply. "I guess this is why you're going to U.A. isn't it?" He asked no one in particular besides groaning as he looked at you.

You hummed a humorous note. "I'd hope so."

He then gives in. "Just no more secret hero work, or just tell me first and I'll be there." He strokes your hair from your forehead down to your neck. "Now, go ace that exam. You'll be a hell of a Pro, kid."

A wide smile came to your face, before you nodded excitedly. "Thanks dad!" You beamed before picking up your bag from the steps nd beginning to rush up them. Already halfway, you paused, before whipping around and giving your father a thumbs up, "Someday, I'll be able to fight beside you, as a pro! When I get my license, I'm gonna be right there with you, we'll travel the world, saving people, won't we?"

Toshinori smirked, prideful of his daughter. "You bet, kid!"

You couldn't keep your happiness at bay in the slightest, now sprinting down the road, heading for home to quickly get changed, you had an exam to ace.

You just got off the phone with Shouto as you left your room, flipping your hair out of the back of your sweater. He was still wondering why you were taking the exam, with your abilities being on par with his. He was recommended so he decided not to, but it was only because of his father and you knew he'd rather not see his son doing an exam crowded with the common. Of course, you told him to wish you luck and you'd call him later, the both of you talking all through the sunrise.

The phone rang again just as you put on your coat, you turned as you zipped it up due to the cold weather bound to be outside. You took your hair tie from the counter and took your phone and turned the knob of the door. "Hello--," you cut yourself off just as you came face to face with Shouto in front of you. He had a phone in hand, letting it fall to is waist as he ended the call. "Shouto!" You gasped in surprise.

He raised a brow at you. "You asked me to walk you to U.A. right?" He tested.

You were alittle lost before you gasped and remembered. "Oh! Yeah! Sorry, I almost forgot! You could've just told me while we were talking, ya know!" You laughed at your forgetfulness making the boy shake his head while you locked the door.

"I'll buy you breakfast, to make up for it." He offered, you began to object but he was having none of it, like usual and offered his arm to you.

You eagerly took it, looping your hand around his arm. "Fine, but next time, I'll make you you're favorite, Soba noddles!"

As you both walked towards the stairs, you noticed how his steps faltered before proceeding, his head whipped towards you. "Cold?"

You giggled. "Just how you like 'em."

Izuku ran through the large, dark blue gate of U.A. panting heavily. "Just in time!" He breathed in relief.

He was practically shaking, finally viewing the hero school that he's been practically dreaming all his life of going to. He was finally taking his first steps into the life of a hero. Peering up at the windows that reflected the blue skies, he wondered about the days previous happenings.

He had finally completed the grueling 10 month training that had been assigned to him by All Might, succeeding in cleaning up the horrendous mess of the beach across town. He felt stronger, from all his training, no doubt about that, but he didn't feet any actual difference after eating that hair from All Might.

He then paused covering his mouth as he could still feel the memory of the hair going down his throat, I was so worried about being late for the exam, I didn't have have a chance to test out my new power...I may have swallowed the hair but I don't feel like anything great has happened to me yet. He may have said that last part out loud but he couldn't help but wonder if it worked.

"Stupid Deku," he could hear the familiar voice behind him, he whipped around to see Bakugo walking over to him.

"Kacchan," Izuku greeted.

"Get out of my way, now, before i set you on fire," Bakugo warned, with a glare.

That seemed to knock Izuku out of his peaceful stupor having not encountered Katsuki's brash nature in a while. "Ah! Oh, hey, good mornin'!" He stuttered out, his limbs flailing desperately to ward off any warning explosions from Katsuki.

But, instead, Katsuki stopped a foot away from the terrified boy, glaring down at him before turning his head to look behind him. "Hurry it up, wench, we don't have all day!" He frowned, huffing a small breath.

"We're not late ya know," came a gentle voice, chuckling softly.

Izuku looks behind Kacchan, his eyes widening as he caught sight of you, jogging over, your blondish white hair flowing behind you and the pink highlights illuminated by the sun light. A dazzling smile on your face, you were radiant as always, his face heating up at the sight of you. A goofy smile climbing onto his lips before it faded slightly as he found that your hand was holding another.

Katsuki seemed to notice too, his nostrils flaring, although he seemed to already be aware of the situation.

Behind you,you were dragging a boy about their age along with you, a stoic expression on his face and a burn scar over his right eye. His hair dual colors of white and red.

Both boys turned fully to greet you, "(y/n)-chan!" Izuku greeted happily.

You smiled widely before lunging towards him and glomping him straight away, embracing the boy. "Zuku!" You squealed, "You made it, are you ready? It's so nerve-wracking!" You held your cheek as you shook from side to side with an excited smile on your face.

Meanwhile, Shouto glanced from your reunion with Izuku towards Bakugo who glared straight through to his soul, but he wasn't fazed. Staring right back at him which only infuriated the male further, he sneered at him but Shouto remained stoic, giving him an annoyed expression before ignoring his altogether.

Just as Bakugo was ready to charge over and start a war, you placed a hand on his chest, frowning at him as he looked down at you. "Katsuki," you warned him. He huffed at you, breathing out a harsh breath from his nose.

"Who the fuck is this guy?" He sneered back at Shouto.

You shook your head at him, "Guys, this is Shouto Todoroki," you walked over, wrapping your hand around the boys arm to which both boys stiffened and Shouto relaxed physically. "We've known each other for as long as I can remember, he's going to U.A. too!"

Bakugo still wasn't convinced, although you weren't trying to convince him of anything. Bakugo stepped forwards, glaring directly at the boy, Shouto did the same, you grumbled beneath your breath. You shook your head at the two still glaring at one another, "Knock it off, you two," you sighed exasperated, pushing on Shouto's chest lightly while glaring at Katsuki.

Katsuki looks at you before taking your wrist from Shouto and yanking you forwards, "Come on, wench, we're late."

"Kacchan, you shouldn't handle (y/n)-chan like that!" Izuku warned Katsuki, waving his arm's around.

Shouto, although stepped forwards, "Don't touch her," his voice was low and lethal, almost an uncontrollable growl of anger, making Bakugo turn, whipping around with you in his grip.

"Say that to my face, ya bastard!"

You looked between both boys, worried that something would start, you cursed yourself, you knew now that letting them meet like this was a very bad idea. Katsuki balled up a fist, his palm already smoking with violent sparks.

You quickly went between the two, "Stop it, you two, now," you hissed as you scolded the boys, glancing between them. "You're both unbelievable," you fumed, huffing out a heated breath before stomping past the both of them. "You can at least pretend to be civil!"

Izuku looks on after you, wondering what he could've done to prevent you from being upset, he looks back at the two boys staring after you. Obviously seemingly disappointed in themselves for getting you upset but unable to do anything now but walk away.

"To be honest," Shouto began as he turned around to walk off. "I expected more." He delivers, walking past the U.A. gates to head back home.

Katsuki seethed at him, holding himself back barely from blowing him apart. "And I didn't expect shit from you!"

"Just stay away from (y/n)," Shouto said simply, his voice cold.

Katsuki only proceeded to fume. "I'll kill you! Get back here so I can rip you apart!" How dare he demand something from him! You didn't belong this bastard! He began to stomp forwards, following after the boy walking away, ready to fight him to the death.

Izuku quickly stepped in front of him, waving his hands around. "Wait, Kacchan! Stop, you're gonna be late!"

That seemed to snap him out of it but he shoved Izuku out of the way before heatedly making his way towards the entrance, muttering to himself angrily. Izuku breathed a small sigh of relief having succeeded without getting pummeled.

He deflated slightly realizing that he should've been able to prevent you from being upset, maybe if he had said something something could've resolved. But, then again, it was Kacchan he was talking about as well, he couldn't have spoken up, things would've undoubtedly gotten worse.

But, at least now, he could take these next steps to gaining that resolve to fight for you, to defend you when he could. Finally he was progressing into the stage of a hero. He just needed to take these next few steps. He took one, then another...

His left foot caught behind his right ankle, his confidence diminishing and a frozen blank grin on his face...Or I'll just die.

But before his face could connect with the concrete below him, he was suspended in midair, hanging in the air, his body elevated and tipped at an angle. He made a confused, before horrified, noise as he tried to move his legs to walk once more only to find he was actually floating.

There was a tiny laugh. "Are you ok?"

He froze up, looking to the side, a girl, with short brown hair and a kind smile had a hand on his back. She put a hand to his chest to right him so he was standing on his feet. "I stopped you with my quirk," she put her hands together with a close eyed smile. "Sorry I didn't ask first, but I figured you wouldn't mind me catching you," she said.

Izuku couldn't say much of anything, staring at her. So, she kept talking. "I saw you earlier, with that pretty girl with the white hair! Isn't this all so crazy, coming to U.A.!" She looked up, smiling to herself.

Izuku stuttered, "Uh, y-yeah!" Wait, that's not what he meant to say.

She then began to wave him goodbye as she turned to go into the building. "Well, I'll see you inside!" She said before smiling once again and turning to follow the crowd of teens like them into U.A. to take the exam.

Izuku stood there for a while before letting out a long breath. He was already embarrassing himself but wow he was actually here and someone thought you and him were an item.

This day is so unreal!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 1.1K 23
You awaken one day with virtually no memories. The only thing guiding you is some strange system that likes to dictate your every move, and for some...
71.3K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
1.4K 7 10
I'm Izumi Midoriya you may remember me from my first life when I wasn't a hero...It seems as though God had other plans for me which brings us here...
1.1M 49.4K 55
Todoroki, Bakugou, and Midoriya are now pro heroes. They have finally reached their dream. Despite their drastically different personalities, the thr...