The Mute Mrs. Billionaire

By denive26

Second book in Billionaire Series #TheMuteMrs.Billionaire Emma Campbell the only heir of Campbell &Co. An acc... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

CHAPTER 10

82K 2.2K 287
By denive26

Asher's POV:

I went to her room and saw that she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up so I decided to talk to her later.

I asked Mary to go back to her work and I will stay there with Emma.

I sat there thinking about where did the things went wrong because according to her she thought I knew she is mute but in reality I didn't know so there must be a common point where the miscommunication happened.

At the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been either of our fathers.

So I decided to confront them both. But I decided to go with my father first because it will be a mess at the end if her father doesn't know.

I called my father and asked him if he could meet me in my home. At first he asked for me and Emma to come to their place when I said him she was not feeling well he immediately agreed to come here.

After sometime Emma woke up and we had our lunch.

I decided to know what happened before talking to her about it.

In the afternoon when she went back to sleep Mary came in the room to inform me that my father came.

I asked her to stay with Emma and went down to greet him.

"Hey dad" I said going to him.

"How are you Asher? What happened to Emma?" he asked with concern evident in his eyes.

"I am good. She just got some fever due to cold weather" I said to him and he nodded.

"Come on dad let us go to my study" I said to him and he agreed.

After going inside the study we took our seats on the couch.

At the same time a maid brought refreshments for my father and me.

After she left my dad asked "So why did you ask me to come here so suddenly?"

"Dad I will come straight to the point so did you know Emma is mute?" I asked him in seriousness.

He gave out a sigh and said "I know. I thought you will come the next day bragging into our house due to it. I am wondered it took you this long to ask"

"So you knew?" I said accusingly.

"Yeah" he said with no remorse at all.

"Why didn't you say me anything when you knew about it? Do even know what happened?" I shouted the last part not able to control.

"It's for your own good son" he said with a smile.

"What? How is it my own good?" I asked him as if he lost his mind.

"Think about it son. Would you have accepted this proposal if you knew she was mute at first? Would you have even tried to get to know her?" he asked challengingly.

I let out a sigh knowing very well I would have never accepted this marriage knowing she was mute.

"See that's the reason. I know she is good for you son or else why would I bring the proposal in the first place?" he asked and I nodded.

"See son though my business is important you are more important so I would never do anything which isn't good for you" he said looking at me.

"But I treated her wrong dad. I didn't knew and I treated her wrong all along" I said holding my head in defeat.

He put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Whatever you did I am sure she will understand. So don't worry" he said and added "Do you regret marrying her?"

"No" I said immediately and I saw him smiling by my response.

"So I guess you know what to do now to make things right" he said standing up.

"Yeah I guess" I said and added "I think I like her dad" while going into the living room.

"I know son I can see it in your eyes" he said and added "So now I will be going. You should go back to your wife and make amends I guess"

I laughed for the words he chose to say and he joined me.

"Later Asher" he said near the door.

"Bye dad" I said and he left.

I made my way to her room and saw that she was sitting there on the bed looking at the notepad I left on her bedside table.

Emma's POV"

I was looking at the notepad on the bedside table. Thinking about how it wasn't there today morning but now it is here.

I heard someone clearing their throat and looked up to see Asher standing beside my bed.

He took his place from before and sat in front of me.

"So what are you thinking?" he asked looking at the notepad and immediately the pain from before kicked in on how I can't reply to him and how he is always expecting a reply from me.

My eyes started getting tear up when I felt him holding my hand. I looked up from my lap and saw him handing me my notepad.

I looked between him and the notepad for five minutes and didn't know I was crying till I felt his hands on my cheeks wiping my tears.

"I know Emma" he said in a low voice. I couldn't hold myself back and hugged him crying.

"Shh don't cry Emma its fine" he said rubbing my back.

I couldn't control myself and cried everything out while he held me the whole time saying soothing words in my ear.

At some point he made me sit on his lap while I held him and cried in his chest.

After I sobered up I looked up to see him and at the same time he looked down.

"Are you fine now?" he asked putting a hair strand behind my ear while looking into my eyes.

I nodded in response.

"I am sorry I should have known about this" he said looking at me apologetically.

I nodded a NO.

"I understand if you don't want my apology after what I said and behaved with you" he said removing his arms around me.

I franticly nodded at me meant no and searched for my notepad.

I guess he understood what I was searching for and handed me my notepad.

"It is okay. It is my fault. I am sorry" I wrote on it and showed him.

"No Emma it is not your fault. Actually it is not both of us fault" he said looking at me.

"What do you mean?" I wrote again.

"It was my dad Emma. He didn't say me about this. But I know he did what is best for us" he said.

I nodded to say I understood.

"How did you know?" I wrote again.

"I came across the notepad in my study and figured it out. You left it there on that day" he said.

I nodded remembering now that I dropped it when I fell on the chair.

"So how did it happen? From birth?" he asked and I gave a nod which meant no.

"An Accident" I wrote in the notepad.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked looking at me to make sure I was comfortable about it.

"I don't remember anything" I wrote in the notepad.

"It's okay" he said and added "Past shall be forgotten we have a lot of future a head"

When he mentioned we I looked at him shocked.

"Why are you looking like that?" he asked when he saw my shocked face.

"You said we" I wrote.

"What's wrong in it? Don't you want us to be together in the future?" he asked with a low voice at the end.

"But how? I am mute and I don't want to be a burden" I wrote and didn't look at him.

He made me look at him and said "What is so wrong about it? Maybe I would have thought differently before part of the reason my dad didn't say me from the start but now I don't think it as a problem at all" he said looking at me.

"I want to be with you Emma" he said looking in my eyes.

Those were the words I always wanted to hear him say from the time we got married.

The feeling of someone other than my family and friends wanting to be with me.

At that moment I knew I like him.

His thumb slowly traced my lip and I saw him looking at it.

May I?" he asked now looking in my eyes.

My lips quivered under his touch and I closed my eyes.

I felt his lips touch mine and then slowly he started kissing me. I didn't know what to do so I followed what he was doing and slowly it turned from slow kiss to a passionate kiss which left us both breathless at the end.

He put his forehead on mine and we sat there in that feel for few minutes.

"This is the best kiss I ever had" he said with a bright smile.

It was the first time I saw his smile and it is the best smile in the world.

After some time he asked suddenly "Would you like to sleep with me?"

I opened my mouth in shock and blushed at the meaning his sentence held.

"I guess it came out wrong. I meant to ask would you like to move into my room?" he again said realising what his previous question meant.

"If you don't want to I can understand" he said when I sat there seeing him.

I took my notepad and wrote "I would love to".

When he saw what I wrote he has that bright smile on his face again.

"Okay come on" he said taking me in his arms and stood up.

I tried to protest when he said "I like to carry you around and it isn't the first time"

I guess he carried me when I fainted yesterday so it isn't his first time as he said.

We went into his room and I was already sleepy to check his room.

He placed me on his bed and went in his closet and came out in his boxers.

I sat up suddenly and closed my eyes turning the other side.

I heard his laughter and turned around to check if he wore his dress and met with his boxer look again so I turned back.

"I sleep like this so get used to it" he said still laughing by my reaction and I felt him get on the other side of the bed.

I slowly removed my eyes and saw him under the quilt and turned his side.

"Come on Emma. Sleep" he said and I got under the covers very well knowing he is almost naked.

I felt him grab my waist pulling me to him and his bare chest on my back.

"Good night" he said kissing my ear and I closed my eyes immediately sleep consuming me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 17.6K 62
When Athena and Tobias' family arranged for the two to get married, nothing but hell broke loose. They knew nothing about one another, except they bo...
220K 8.5K 50
This book did not come out as planned, there are many errors but read at your own risk. If you do read make sure to like, comment, and follow. Thank...
99.8K 3K 33
He's a millionaire. He can never deny his father. Her happiness is her family. She can do anything for her family. But when she's forced to support h...
283K 10.1K 47
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐚" Book two of She Belongs to the King. Antheia and Adam's relationship couldn't be any more of...