love maze

By falleninterludes

when jisoo's family company is going bankrupt, her father made a deal with a business partner and set her up... More

one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven

two

6.3K 303 134
By falleninterludes

"Your fiancé ran away." 

Hearing those words, I didn't know how to react. A part of me was happy, so happy that I won't be married to someone I'm not even acquainted with. Though a part of me felt guilty; guilty that I'm feeling happy because of the news. My fiance running away meant that dad's deal with Mr. Kim won't happen and that our company's in trouble once again. 

"Are you sure about that? Maybe the kid's just out there partying." Mom said

Dad squeezed his eye shut and massaged his sinus, stressed by what's happening, "He's been missing for 2 days already." 

Despite mom and dad panicking, Jin leaned to my side and whispered, "Looks like someone's afraid to be tied to you." I stepped on his foot, making him howl in pain. Our parents looked at us because of him but Jin quickly straightened his posture and mustered a smile, "You could just find another friend of yours, dad. Someone who has a son that won't run away from this girl." 

I pinched his leg under the table, all while smiling at my parents. "That's if you find another friend willing to help you." I faced Jin with an annoyed look on my face, "You just won't shut up, will you?" Even hurt, Jin still managed to laugh at me; I can now commend how good of an actor he is.

"Little sis, I'm not afraid of you." he smirked at me as I finally let go of his leg. 

"Jisoo, Jin, finish your food and go to your rooms." Mom instructed, wiping her face with a napkin since she's done with her food. 

"I'll meet you to my office, Dara." Dad didn't even finish his food and went to his office.

The following days in school weren't as boring as my past years studying here. But the reason why I don't find it boring was because students, led by Niana and her friends, started bullying me more than ever. 

"Why are you still here? Can you still even afford the tuition?" asked Candice, one of Niana's friends. 

"Is that all you can say?" I deadpanned, not really in the mood to talk to them. 

Chaeyoung nudged my arm and said, "Soo, let's go."  We started to walk away when someone pulled my hair, causing me to step backwards. "Oh, you did not just do that!" Chaeng chuckled nervously, looking sideways at me. I closed my eyes shut, calming myself, without looking behind me to even see who pulled my hair.

I won't let them get into me.

When I finally calmed down, I said, "Come on, Chaeng."

"Wait just a minute, you freak! I'm not done talking about how poor your family is going to be!" I heard Niana's yell as someone pulled my hair again.

Chaeyoung gasped and I finally looked back to glare at Niana, "You are so dead." I pulled Niana's hair with all the force I can give while she also pulled my hair, her minions yelling something I couldn't understand because of the adrenaline rushing through me. 

"Jisoo, let go!" Chaeyoung said, pulling me away from Niana, "Professor Minzy is coming." When I let go, Chaeyoung fixed my hair, "Breathe, cuz. Breathe." 

I was panting, but my anger isn't subsiding anytime soon. "If you've got nothing good to say, just shut that big mouth of yours."

"What's going on here?" Professor Minzy said when she reached us, "Why is your hair a mess, Ms. Lim? 

"That peasant started it!" Niana pointed at me," She pulled my hair. I just defended myself! "

Chaeyoung stepped in between us to face the professor, "Professor, Niana started it. She called my cousin a freak and dragged our family down." 

"Is that true, Niana?" Niana didn't budge, the professor giving her a look of disappointment." I'll let this go this time. Go to your classes! "

I looked at Chaeyoung in annoyance, almost expecting that to happen. When we got inside our room, Chaeyoung finally let out her anger. 

"What the hell was that? " 

"Niana's family is a sponsor of this University. Of course, professors are afraid to do something to the sponsor's one and only daughter." 

"That's unfair!" she hissed.

"I know, Chaeng. But don't worry, I won't let them bully me while I'm here." 

The first semester passed and the bullying just continued, without my parents nor Jin knowing about it.

My family didn't celebrate my Christmas break with me happily; with Jin only visiting the house on Christmas day and my parents still problematic about the company. 

On my birthday, January 3rd, I celebrated it with mom, Chaeyoung, Lola, and the other people helping us at home. Though it was mostly Chaeng and I having a sleepover in my room.

Imagine how more boring my life can be. 

The second semester started and Niana still couldn't get over the fact that my family's going broke any time soon. She kept on bullying me verbally so I didn't mind the constant bullying. Not until after a week. 

Chaeyoung and I were heading back to our classroom from the comfort room when Jin sent me a message. 

I gave him a short reply, and I'm not going to send him back a selfie in the middle of this corridor. Chaeng and I arrived at our room as we heard our blockmates laughing inside. 

"What's going on?" Chaeyoung asked, causing our blockmates to look at us.

One boy was holding my bag though, and what made me boil in anger was he was holding it outside the window. 

Walking towards him, he quickly let go of my bag and said, "Oops?". Chaeyoung ran towards him and pushed him away from the window. I followed her and looked down. All my things were floating in the school's pond just beside the building. 

I made my way outside the room to collect my things, not waiting for my cousin if she'll follow me. And as I was collecting my stuff from the pond, I heard someone scream my name. I looked back to see my brother, running towards me with a look of horror in his face. 

"Why are you here?" I asked him but he just pushed me aside before a flower pot landed in between us. "What the hell?" 

I looked up and saw a glimpse of a girl running away from the edge of the rooftop.

Niana.

"Are you alright?" my older brother asked me, checking my face for any bruises or something. "And why are you getting your things from a pond?" 

"These people did it!" Chaeyoung yelled from the third floor, holding the sleeves of the boys beside her

"Let's go home." Jin said, "Tell me all about this there." 

He helped me get my things before I texted Chaeng that I'm going home, to which she replied that she'll get revenge on the boys for me. I smiled as I imagined Chaeng throwing our blockamate's things to the pond as well; that's the kind of revenge I think my cousin would do. 

Jin didn't talk to me until we arrived home, where Lola and the other housemaids were confused as to why I went home early again. "Why didn't you tell me about the bullying you're experiencing in that school?!" he asked me

"Because it's not a big deal. Besides, I can handle them." I replied, hands crossed over my chest. 

"You can handle them?! Your stuff were thrown in a freaking pond! And if I didn't think of visiting you, you would've had a concussion!" he said it so fast, I'd think he was rapping. 

The maids were now looking at us, but mostly at Jin, who looked really furious, I can almost see smoke coming out of his ears. 

"I just thought I can handle them until the end of the school year." I said softly, admitting that he was right; I really would've been in the hospital right now if he didn't interfere a while ago. 

"I'm telling mom and dad about this. You should finish the year in a new school." 

I raised my head to look at him, "But Chaeyoung-" 

"She'll follow you if she wants to." he cut me off, holding his phone. 

"What are you doing?" 

"I'm calling my friend. He knows another university you can attend to." He looked at me dismissively. 

At least, the bullying will stop, right? 

After dinner, Jin told mom and dad about my situation in school and his plan to make me go to his university back then. To our surprise, dad exclaimed, a wide smile plastered on his face. 

"What great timing! Dad said," I was planning on making you transfer to that university anyway."

" What?! " Jin and I said simultaneously. 

" Well, since we don't have any money to pay for your tuition fee for the rest of your education, I already called Jin's past university if I can transfer you. State Universities are free, right? " dad asked mom

" Yes, dear."

"Good." Dad looked at me, "And your fiancé's studying there too." 

"Fiancé?" I exclaimed, "You found the boy who ran away?" 

Dad grimaced at the sudden mention of his failed deal with Mr. Kim, "No, this is a new one. I already met the boy, he really suits you,", beaming like his plan was the most successful one he thought of. 

Jin ane I looked at each other, thinking the same thing. 

Our parents have gone mad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 448 31
Multiship Vsoo-main ship Jirose Yoonie Liskook fairies and evils are enemies. To finally end war king of fairies and king of evils are having contra...
156K 6.1K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...
SAM By πŸ¦‰

Fanfiction

77.2K 2.2K 35
Lalisa Manoban, the royal maknae of the girl group, Blackpink. And Jeon Jungkook, the golden maknae of the boy group, BTS. Lisa's dream was far from...
141K 8.6K 57
HE was a multi billionaire and business mogul who was cheated by his fiancΓ©e and wanted to take revenge on her. SHE a middle-class girl who is a norm...