Competing for the Dominant

By Sara_Bryan_

Quinn has a problem. He's got a crush on Daniel Knight, the Head Dominant of The Muse Den. After almost two m... More

Prologue
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Two

15.6K 609 52
By Sara_Bryan_

Quinn

Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness. Footsteps slowly creaked on every step of the stairs. The bedroom door handle turned slowly. I struggled but the fingers held me tighter. The door opened and there stood the cruel smile I was used to. The one I saw every night. The door shut with a slam and I tried moving away again, but this time the cruel smile had me in a tight grip and there was never any escaping him.

"Quinn!" I shot up with my heart coming out of my chest. I looked around at the lockers and then at Owen and Zade. They were both giving me weird looks and I shrugged it off.

Owen unbuttoned his shirt slightly and sat down next to me, "You okay, Quinn? You were making noises,"

"Were you having dream sex?" Zade winked at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Dream sex? Not as good as real sex, unless it's with a crush," Ken said, not bothering to look up from his clipboard.

Zade's eyes went wide and his mouth dropped.

"No,"

"Oh, yes. Yes, of course!"

I stood up and ran to him, but he shouted, "You have a crush!" before I could reach him.

"No, I don't,"

"Yes, you do! It totally makes sense with how you've been acting recently. Who is it? You have to tell us,"

I shook my head, "Not telling you because I don't have a crush on anyone," I slid past Zade and Owen and waited for Ken to tell me my job for the night.

"Quinn, you're behind the bar until the third shift and then you'll be floating,"

"Got it, thanks!" I moved out to the main room and grabbed my tip pouch. Master Knight was sitting on one of the stools and I could feel my face start to burn as I made my way to him.

"Can I get you anything, Master Knight?" He jumped slightly and turned. His eyes looked bloodshot and there were deep bags under his eyes.

"Oh, Quinn. You scared me a little. Uh, no. I'm okay. I was just thinking. Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yeah, I suppose,"

"Well, I'll let you guys get ready then," Daniel hit the bar counter lightly and walked off towards his office. I watched as he left and sighed. That couldn't have been more awkward.

"Damn him for being so hot,"

"He may be hot, but no one has been able to get a contract with him or anything," Ryan leaned against the counter and I faced him, confused.

"Really? Why?"

"No one really knows other than the last sub he wanted to be in a contract with left before he could. He's been a little distant since and we've all tried to ignore it, but it's not a great thing when the owner of a club like this doesn't seem interested in the lifestyle,"

I frowned, feeling bad for Master Knight. I wonder why the other sub left and why Master Knight took it so hard.

"Gossiping again, Ryan?" Ken asked, though his tone was on edge.

Ryan rolled his eyes, "Are you still mad?"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask me when you've apologized," Ken hissed.

"And why am I going to apologize? It wasn't my fault!"

As they continued bickering, I moved away to where Zade and Owen were standing. They both had trays so I assumed they would be working as floating bartenders tonight. I hated that job. I was fine until I had to go to the V.I.P. section and then all hell broke loose usually. I've spilled more drinks than I care to admit. For some reason, having them all stare at me as I walked up the steps did not help my self-confidence.

"Don't tell me they're arguing again," Zade muttered, making a face. I nodded and he groaned.

"What are they even arguing about anymore? They've been together on and off for months now,"

"They're arguing this time over the fact that Ryan didn't remember their two month anniversary because he thought it wasn't for another week and Ken got angry at him because of it. They're both wrong. Their two month anniversary was four days before Ken even thought it was,"

"And have you told them that?" Owen asked.

"Twice, but neither seemed to care so I stopped it. But you, my little naive friend, can go right ahead and tell them again. See what happens,"

Owen pouted slightly and said something along the lines of "I'm not that naive," but he was so naive, he was the mayor. Although he may not be naive in the club we work in, especially after what he went through, he still managed to see good in everybody and believed every situation could work out eventually.

Both Zade and I were old enough and had lived on the streets long enough to know how wrong Owen was, but we tried not to ruin that for him. Besides, Owen not being naive wouldn't be near as fun. Making fun of his cute demeanor was my and Zade's favorite past time.

"Owen!" A voice echoed in the empty club and Owen squeaked. Zade and I laughed as Owen ran forward and collided with his Master and boyfriend. Whenever Owen had to work, Master Cale showed up early so they could enjoy each other's company before work started.

When I started working here, Owen and Master Cale were on a mandatory separation because Master Cale had broken one of the club's rules by not telling Owen something about their contract. I wasn't completely aware of the full story, but Zade had filled me in enough to where I understood why Owen is so jittery around Doms and why he stayed behind the bar more often than not.

In fact, I think this is one of the few nights where he was a floating bartender. I had my share of bad experiences, but at least they were with strangers for the most part. I couldn't imagine going through was Owen did. Especially at twenty-two.

"Is it bad I'd rather listen to the screaming match over watching them get all lovey-dovey?"

I must have zoned out because when I looked back at the two, Master Cale had Owen pressed against the V.I.P. railing and was kissing him roughly with his hands wandering underneath the sheer crop top Owen was wearing.

"You have to admit they look good together," I said, forcing my attention elsewhere so I didn't get a hard-on watching them.

"I admit nothing. I still think Cale doesn't deserve him,"

"That's because you used to be Cale's fuck buddy,"

"That has nothing to do with it. Cale doesn't deserve Owen because of the way he treated Owen. You heard the story. I'm still in shock that Cale wasn't immediately dismissed. I think someone vouched for him to stay and just receive a punishment,"

"Well, wouldn't you rather have that than have your friend be upset because he can't see who he wants to?"

Zade scowled slightly, "I hate it when you make sense." He checked his watch and sighed, "It's opening time. Remember to smile and look fabulous," he whistled Owen over and they stood at the ready for Doms and subs to call them over.

Lorraine shuffled from the girl's dressing room quickly and was breathing heavily. I raised my eyebrows at her and she blushed slightly.

Her Dominant, Master Matthew strode out from the back a few minutes later and I put two and two together. Should have guessed with the way those two go at it.

"So, did you have fun? Hope Annie wasn't in there. You probably would have frightened the poor girl,"

"I—It's not like that Quinn. I can't say anything, but Master and I have found out some good news,"

"Excuse me! Can I some service please," I told Lorraine to wait and moved over to the Dom.

"Sorry about that. What can I get you?"

"Can I have a Sprite and a Corona?"

"Sure. Do you want the Sprite from a can or bottle?"

"Can I just get it in a cup? Sylvia won't have it otherwise. Damn brat,"

"Of course, Sir. Give me one minute," I pulled out the Corona and pulled the lid off, passing it to the Dom. I grabbed a can of Sprite and poured it into the cup with a straw. I was aware of how Sylvia operated. She was a full-on brat who needed a full-time brat tamer and if she didn't get her way, it didn't end well for anyone.

The Dom left and I moved onto a few others who had shown up. I was kept busy for the next hour or so when Ken came up to me and told me I could take an early break. I wasn't going to question it, so I took my tip bag off and placed it in the proper cubby. I had already made decent tips and most of those were probably because I liked to flip my hair around.

Annie was sitting patiently at her Mistress's feet when she caught my eye and waved at me from the V.I.P. section. She told me to wait for a second and turned to her Mistress. A few seconds later and she was bounding down the stairs, her blonde curls bouncing behind her.

"You look like you've been working hard," she commented, noticing my sweat and I nodded.

"Yeah, just a little bit. You mind braiding my hair?"

"I thought you'd never ask. Come on, I'll need a brush and a hair tie,"

I loved it when Annie braided my hair. She was always so calm and smooth with it. Plus, it was her favorite time to talk and gossip.

"So have you heard what's up with Lorraine? I know something's different and I can't place what it is. She won't say anything either. It's driving me nuts,"

"I don't know anything. She's been sworn to secrecy. All I know is her and Master Matthew have an announcement to make,"

"You don't think they're getting a divorce or separating, do you?"

"Nah. They love each other too much and Lorraine looked excited. Maybe he surprised her with a second honeymoon. Especially considering how well their first one went,"

"Lovely sarcasm. You're getting better,"

I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes, letting Annie braid my hair with ease.

Master Knight was standing there, smiling and talking though I wasn't sure what he was saying. It was difficult to hear him. He came forward and pulled my hair back tightly. I groaned slightly and then there was a sharp pain in my head.

I opened my eyes and Annie was giving me a disturbed look.

"What?"

"Could you not make sex noises while I'm braiding your hair? Or doze off for that matter. You started to pitch forward and I only had time to grab your hair. You moaned and I had to flick you,"

My face warmed slightly in embarrassment, "Sorry, Annie,"

"So, who were you dozing off about? Better be someone good,"

Rather than tell her so she can gossip to Zade and so Zade can say, "I knew it!" I lied and told her it was nothing.

Being the snoop that she is, she was silent as she finished braiding my hair. She sat down and stared at me, making me feel slightly uncomfortable.

"Zade was right. You do have a crush. But I respect your wishes for not telling us. Fair warning though, we will find out and when we do, you will be asked a billion questions,"

"Thanks for understanding, Annie,"

She giggled and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I know what it's like to have a closed-off personality. Before Mistress Samantha, I didn't want to know anybody and I didn't want anybody to know me. You can see by my attire, I still have those feelings, but when I'm here, I don't mind being a little out there. It's fun and I'll respect your privacy until you decide to come out of your little shell," she kissed my cheek and headed out. She turned one last time and said, "By the way. I know who your crush is, but I won't say anything to anyone,"

She closed the door and I stumbled to catch her. How could she know? By the time I reached the door and flung it open, she was gone. Damn that girl.

I spent the rest of my break eating a protein bar and puzzling through all my memories that would have given Annie a clue as to how she knew who it was. Thus far I hadn't figured it out. I brushed my teeth and prepared to head out to the bar.

I opened the door and a groan came from the other side. I peeked around and cursed silently. Master Knight was standing there with his eyes closed and he was taking a deep breath. Well shit, I was in trouble.

"I—I'm sorry, Master Knight,"

"It's fine, Quinn. Just go,"

"Yeah, but I hit you and—"

"Fucking hell, Quinn. Just go do your fucking job!"

I was frozen for a second. I hadn't expected him to yell like that. I muttered another sorry and kept to the wall as I skirted around him.

Zade was standing by the tip bag cubbies with a shocked face, "The hell was that about? I haven't heard him use that tone in forever,"

"I—I don't know. I opened the locker room door and accidentally hit him. I tried apologizing, but he blew up. Didn't think I hit him that hard,"

"He's probably just stressed. Don't let him get to you,"

"There was still no reason to lose his temper over something like that. I did try to apologize and it's not like I did it on purpose. Course I wouldn't try to intentionally hurt him either. Besides, no matter what he's going through, he shouldn't take it out on his staff,"

"You're babbling, Quinn. Are you blushing? You are! You're flustered! Oh, fuck me! You're kidding?"

"Whatever you're thinking Zade, it's not correct,"

"I can't believe I never realized it before! My little Kuma! You like Master Knight. That's who your crush is!"

I pushed past him and wrapped my tip bag around my waist, "Don't call me that. I haven't used that nickname in years and to answer your statement, no. I don't like Master Knight. He's my boss,"

He followed me around for the rest of his break trying to get the truth out of me but I refused to spill. No one was going to know. I was going to get over the stupid crush and enjoy my life without having to deal with other people.

I ignored Zade as best as I could while he asked a hundred questions until Ken finally yelled at him to get back to doing his job and then it was Owen's turn to pester me. Thankfully, he didn't pester me. In fact, he spent his entire break silently eating and writing in a notebook.

When I had a second, I sat down next to him and tried to see what he was writing, but he held it out of my view.

When I asked him about it, he was very hushed about it. Wouldn't even tell me what it was about other than it was important and confidential information. I let him go after that, knowing that if Owen didn't want to share, no amount of pressure could get him to talk.

Finally, the most dreaded part of my night came up and I grabbed Zade's tray and started walking around to take orders or drop off drinks.

As I headed towards the V.I.P. section, I noticed Master Knight in deep conversation with Master Matthew, who had recently been promoted to a V.I.P. member.

"Can I get you anything, Master Matthew? Master Knight?"

"I'll have a water, please," I turned to Master Knight, but he didn't say anything. He didn't even look at me. I sighed and moved to another group.

"Any drink requests, Mistress Samantha? Master Cale? Master Ken?"

"Unless it's a tall glass of Owen, I'm good. He didn't want to visit me on his break. Said he wanted to work on something special,"

"Oh yeah, I saw that. He wouldn't tell me anything about it though,"

"I'll have a glass of Rosé, please," Mistress Sam curled a finger around a piece of Annie's hair, "Anything for you?"

"No, Mistress. Thank you for asking,"

Master Ken shook his head, barely focusing on anything but Ryan down below. He was scowling.

I figured out why when I got back to the bar. Ryan was talking, and flirting, with one of the newer Doms.

"Hey, Owen! Are you good to take the bar while I go on break?" Ryan asked as I opened the bottle of Rosé. Owen nodded and I watched as Ryan pulled the Dom towards the back of the club. Oh, this was going to be interesting.

I made my way back to the V.I.P. area just in time to move out of the way of Ken's wrath. I handed Mistress Sam the glass of Rosé and Master Matthew the glass of water.

Down on the floor below, Ken and Ryan were at it again, arguing and yelling. I stopped for a second and watched.

"Don't you have a job to do?" I jumped and the tray I was holding fell back to the first floor. At least it was empty this time. I glared at Daniel's retreating form. I was slowly becoming more irritated at him. Even if he was my boss, there was no reason to be harsh. If he kept up his attitude, I was going to get over my crush faster than I thought.

I despise being sick. I can never get anything done and I feel miserable. No writing has gotten done in two weeks and I'm driving myself crazy.

Good news is I am finally starting to feel better, so maybe I'll get a chapter or two done.

So, unfortunately, because I haven't done any writing, the next chapter will have to wait two weeks instead of one like I had planned. You can blame my mother who got me sick. I hate the flu.

Anyway, I hope y'all like this chapter and I promise that more exciting things are about to happen within the next few chapters! I'm very excited. Now, if only I could write them.

Also, for anyone interested, the nickname Zade calls Quinn, Kuma, means bear.

I hope y'all have a great week or two and I'll see you in two weeks with another chapter and hopefully more good news

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 16.3K 9
** A/N-If you have read Book 1, Submissive part 1 & 2. Then you will enjoy this story. Book 3, Submissive 3 & 4 will follow soon.** Gabriel loved Win...
623K 30.7K 30
[Book 1] Josh's life turned on its head when he met Gerald, a handsome man from the bar. The instant they met, something clicked. Despite all odds, J...
2M 65.2K 71
After a sexy and exhilarating night with a new slave to his dungeon, the master Sadist Sykes is dead set on courting the young man who'd enchanted hi...
1.1M 32.9K 51
When good meets really, really, really bad. ****** Daniel Harper is down on his luck as he struggles to pay for his sophomore year at NYU. Desperate...