WHEN IT RAINS

By btsamyx

"Jungkook, I swear, if you ask me another stupid question about the future, I will-" __ The universe works in... More

WHEN IT RAINS
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XIX
XX

XVIII

66 5 1
By btsamyx

I hate her.

Despite her grunge attitude, the lack of joy that shines on her face and the dark tones of her daily makeup, she was sweet. At least when it was convenient.

But most of all, Lee was bitter. Her feline eyes constantly carried a look of disgust with her chin tilted up pompously.

A combination of sweet and bitter, she was; like wine. Perhaps that is why Jungkook likes her.

She was beautiful, and I cannot compete.

Lucy kept her balanced-- well-- to some extent because she still barked back with a harsh remark at almost anything I said. I could see the exhaustion weighing on Lucy's shoulder's when I barked back before it became a constant bickering.

It wasn't my fault Lucy decided we should go shopping for Halloween costumes... together since we had all failed to buy a costume for tonight's Halloween party.

Luckily, I survived the past three hours searching for the perfect, 'sluttiest'  Halloween costume. I wasn't going to lie and say that I didn't like the idea of dressing a little scandalous on Halloween. Because, truth be told, an image of Jungkook checking me out made me want to dress a little differently.

The three of us raced inside the boys' apartment because they had kindly allowed us to use the extra guest room as our changing station.

Squished between Lucy and Lee, I barely caught Jungkook's eyes as we moved together to the stairs.

His eyes lit up, his stoic facial features softening as he glowed with a smile the second our eyes met.

It was straight out of a movie the way his eyes followed mine up the stairs until the wall blocked our eye contact. The glowing smirk on his lips was enough to get me giddy.

I guess, in the spur of the moment, the three of us put aside our differences and squealed the second we locked ourselves in the guest room. Noticing our silliness, we composed ourselves, moving to different corners of the room to get started on our makeup.

Not knowing what to do with my hair, I simply curled it and decided my makeup would be enough to glam-up the whole look. Thankfully, Lucy helped me placing the gems on my eyes and repeatedly applied highlight to the tops of my cheeks for a very glowy look.

We were just about done, helping each other zip up zippers, and adjusting the accessories. Johnny's continuous knocks on the door and obsessive 'are you ready yet' had us in a bit of a rush.

We were just thirty minutes over our planned departure time, but it wasn't a big deal.

This next part really took a lot out of me. I felt silly walking down the stairs behind Lee and Lucy, feeling like a teenager walking down the stairs in a prom dress as Johnny, Jae and Jungkook kept their eyes on us as we descended.

Jungkook's mouth was pressed into a fine line, jaw clenched while his eyes gazed at me like a descending angel. Quite literally. My Halloween costume was an angel— it was the best I could do being that I bought my costume the day of Halloween.

I didn't let Lee's strut past Jungkook go unnoticed, especially considering the way he completely ignored her to rush to me.

"Wow," he smirked. His fingertips brushed the velvet material of my top, skimming over my bare waist until his hands stopped over my hips, his grip tightening as he pulled me close to him. His chest was exposed, the buttons of his blouse were undone to reveal the carvings of his pecs.

Wow.

He chuckled when the white fur of the hem of my tube top tickled his chest. "You look good," He growled, devilish smile making my stomach flutter. He fit his costume quite well.

"Thanks, I—"

"Let's go!" Lee's shouted before bumping into me. Whatever her plan was, it backfired because Jungkook's grip on my hips only tightened as I was shoved into his chest.

Jungkook let out a soft scoff, snaking his hand to my lower back as he guided me with the rest of the others.

Lee's swift turn towards us put a victorious smile on my lips, wishing she kept staring so she could see the way Jungkook leaned into my ear and whispered, "Angel, you're heavenly."

*

Maybe, maybe there was nothing special about what I felt for Jungkook. Maybe it was his charm, the boyish smile that made an appearance around me, and the black leather hugging his skin. Or perhaps, perhaps it was me trying to deny the racing of my heart, the heat crawling to my cheeks and the electric shock through my veins when I was with him, or even the thought of him.

Whatever it was, Jimin had illuminated a new thought. A scary thought.

I watch Jungkook as he dances in electric colors, sweat dripping down the sides of his neck. And everything is slow from the way he moves his lips, almost kissing the mic, to the way his hand runs up the stand and I image it's my body he is running his hand over. He bites his lips the second his eyes meet mine, and oh god, I'm possessed by him.

He loves the attention, the cries of pretty girls from the crowd, so why does he stare at me like that? Like I'm the only one in the room and he's about to attack.

It makes me weak from the way my heart swells and swoons with every passing second his eyes are on me.

It's not long before his act is over, and he walks down from the stage ahead of the others. They clear a path for him, calling his name, cheering for him, adoring him.

Before I can process it, he's in front of me and his sensual touch shocks me back to reality.

Jungkook glistens under the neon lights, skin deliciously wet on muscular build. His large, romantic eyes land on mine as he speaks.

"Dance with me," His lips move and I can only nod, letting him guide me to the crowd of people.

Oh god, what am I doing?

I can't dance!

Jungkook adores the music and the loud noise of the crowd that surrounds us.

My heart beats against my chest when our bodies are pressed against each other without a single spec of space. My breath is loud in my ears, the music is merely background noise when Jungkook's waist moves smoothly like waves of an ocean. His cologne is poison, intoxicating my veins and I want more.

"May," the gentleness of his voice soothes my tenseness, and his hand travels to my lower back, guiding the movement of my hips to match his. "Relax and follow my lead."

The song never dies, and I find safety in his arms when I begin to melt into fluid movement with my body. My hands find their place around Jungkook's nape while the other is steady on his shoulder. And we keep dancing, both captivated in our eyes.

His jaw is so sharp, face falling in and out of the dark as the lights move and change colors. And his lips are so inviting, glistening with his saliva from sweeping his tongue across the supple skin. His hands are so pleasing on me, never letting me slip away from delirium that is being under his spell.

Whatever the hell this feeling is, it's scary. It's so fast, but I want to welcome it.

"What are you doing to me, angel?" he's breath is shaky against the shell of my ear.

*

"What are you doing?" I laugh, losing my balance as Jungkook goofily walks into the room with my makeup bag in his hands above his head like he were carrying Simba.

He suddenly drops his hands, with a boyish smile on his lips as he struts toward me. "Nothing," he brushes it off, offering me a giggle when he places the bag on the bathroom counter and hides behind me.

Our eyes meet in the mirror, and our smiles both beam with joy at the same time like our hearts were touched by some powerful source.

"How long will this take?" He suddenly asks after a few moments, sitting on the bathroom counter as I pull out makeup removal wipes from the bag.

I smile, stroking the wipe on my face. "Not long, but you can go to sleep if you want."

It was about three in the morning now, and the others had claimed we left the party 'early' to come back home. Perhaps Jungkook would have stayed with the others if he hadn't noticed how tired I was, but it came out of him when he said he was coming home if I wanted to join him.

Jungkook's face was in a grimace, staring at the way I pulled out the fake lashes from my eyelids. "Doesn't that hurt?"

I laugh, shaking my head as I disposed of the lashes. "No."

He watched as I did the other eye, grimace over his features like he was in pain.

"Jungkook," I smile after disposing the lashes in the trash. "It really doesn't hurt," I poke his stomach.

In a matter of seconds, he's trapped me between his legs, large hands cupping my cheeks as he tilts me head back so I'm staring up at him.

"Well, you don't need them anyway," his voice is tiny, childish almost as he leans in. My eyes instinctively close when his face is only inches away, and it allows for him to place a peck on my eyelids before he pulls away. "You're beautiful just the way you are."

I can't fight the feeling of adrenaline pumping through my veins, and the feeling in my chest growing as each breath seems not enough to fill my lungs. Could he feel my heart, the way it's beating so hard in my chest and ears with what he just did?

Time was standing still, and when I came back to my senses, Jungkook's teasing smile on his lips told me I had been staring at him for too long, drowning in my emotions.

Was the feeling not mutual? Am I overreacting, because he seems totally fine with what he did. Like it was nothing.

"Nice one, Jungkook. Like I haven't heard that one on the radio," I mask my emotions with a playful eye roll, escaping from his lock on me.

When he exists the bathroom, I finally catch my breath, chest heaving like I've been suffocating for so long.

"Do you work tomorrow?" He asks from his bedroom.

"Not until seven," I reply, splashing water on my face. "Why?"

I expect to hear his voice in the distant, but as I dry my face with a small towel, his voice startled me as it's directly beside me.

"So we can have breakfast together."

"Yeah," I breath out, meeting his eyes as I lower the towel. "S-sounds nice."

He's silent, face stoic but his eyes gleam as usual. "Here," he hands me a worn out tee, existing the bathroom without much else.

I quickly change out of my clothes after brushing my teeth, and pull Jungkook's shirt over my naked body, but I was still hesitant to exist his bathroom because of my exposed legs.

Putting on my imgainary big girl pants, I tip-toed out the bathroom all the way to his bed in a rush.

Jungkook laughed as I slid under the duvet as quickly as possible, hardly giving him enough time to stare at my bare legs. It didn't matter though, because he glued himself to me. His arms snaked around my waist, his head resting on my chest and he lets out a content sigh when he's comfortable.

My body fell into a state of relaxation under his touch while my mind was still trying to process it all. The feeling never left, but it was magnified when he touched me. The feeling of security and adoration with the gesture of being in his arms, this feeling made time stop.

It's euphoric.

So, I don't let fear rob me of this moment. I delve into it, stroking his hair as his hands travel down to my thigh and he caresses my skin.

We fall alseep in the innocence of our embrace under the fluorescent glow of purple lights that decorate his room.

*

There was beauty in the fear I felt for my emotions toward Jungkook.

There was an adrenaline racing through my veins, like an electric shock, when I woke up in Jungkook's arms and his eyes were studying my reddened cheeks.

The sun's glow was golden on his skin, and the light was captured in his fluffy hair, creating a crown of gold over his head. His hand traced my cheek, caressing my cheek so delicately like I was untouchable.

Our bodies were warm under the duvet, pressed against each other like there was no space on his king sized bed, but there was plenty.

"Good morning," my voice was groggy (definitely not attractive), but it put a smile on Jungkook's lips, waking me up from a deep sleep without nightmares.

Our eyes meet, and it's beautiful when our smiles grow and a dimple kisses Jungkook's cheek.

'I want to live this again,' is what I think. To relive this beautiful scene not exactly, but to relive the magic stirring in my heart.

"Let's go make breakfast," He pulls me out of bed, and I'm excitedly following him to the restroom.

We do everything in unison, finding the smallest things funny as we share small giggles here and there. But I don't take anything for granted, because I'm happy. He's happy. We are happy... together.

Making breakfast together seemed like a little moment. But this little moment was a piece to a puzzle. It was like magic the way I smiled when Jungkook assisted me in the kitchen.

"I'll make myself useful by playing good music," Jungkook says, sitting on the counter as I flip pancakes.

"You can wash the dishes," I tease, making his smile grow.

I set the plates on the counter, placing a stack of pancakes on each plate and I look back at the deliciously looking food and smile at my creation.

It had been a while since I took the time to make a proper breakfast, or meal.

"The food is ready— Jungkook!" I squeal when Jungkook's arm snakes around my waist and his hand holding mine in a position of ballroom dancing.

Jungkook remains silent, but the smile on his lips is louder than words as we slowly sway in each other's arms.

A smile paints my face, falling into the rhythm of the slow dance. His hand is pressed against my lower while his other hand holds mine in his. My arm is snaked around his neck, stroking the back of his head soothingly.

The song is low, but it's perfect when Jungkook begins to sing along to the words.

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars. Hearing guitars like someone in love," he sang in a lower register, voice smooth and clear. It swelled with power gracefully, and his heart was in his eyes as he looked at me with an unfaltering gaze that touched my soul.

And it was a movie. The way we moved in slow motion, falling into the rhythm of the song like dancing stars as Jungkook sang to me like a promise.

It's an explosion of colors that shines over the world, heightened emotions tickles my skin that touches and it sinks to my bones.

His eyes make me blush and smile, giggling coyly. Jungkook leans in, his forehead resting on mine with the biggest smile on his lips.

"Feeling like someone in love," his nose grazes mine, and I share a laugh. "Like someone in love."

He makes it so easy to fall in love.

*

hey 〰 🤚🏻

double update 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.7K 18
The story continues as plans to get your mind off the past go way more wrong, but hey.. it's just a simple flight back to your perfectly normal life...
5.1K 693 31
what would you do if you get so deep in a dream that the moment you wake up the next day, you're in another universe, in the same body, in the same b...
325 28 9
"y/n princess will you wait for me." what happens when you try to find your love in time.And he is trying to get back to you.will this be an adventure
6.2K 370 49
You promised yourself you would leave the past behind, so why did you still hesitate, keeping people at arms length? What do you find when an entirel...