Ghost Stories (A Sanscest Sto...

By carelesscreativity

Nightmare, go to school, they said. Nightmare, it will be FUN, they said. What a load of crap. Nightmare isn... More

A Little Fall of Rain
A New Challenger
A Bad Joke
A Cold Knight
A Small Talk
A Shining Soul
A Way Out
A Personal Hell
A Crazy Sight
A Death Wish
A Good Morning
A Warm Welcome
A New Family
A Cautious Start
A Careless Whisper
A Friendly Visitor
(AUTHOR'S NOTE)
A Fellow Brother
A Bit of Mercy
A Hidden Look
A Little Mistake
A Stranger Scene
A Certain Intensity
A Dose of Anxiety
A Perfect Picture
A Painful Truth
A Tiny Heart
A Sad Tale
A True Friend
A Vague Question
A Slim Chance
A Heated Blast
A Lovely Duet
A Careful Move
A Lingering Touch
A Sense of Victory
A Strange Face
A Poor Plan
A Serious Turn
A Mini Mixup
A Bodily Regret
A Dangerous Mood
A Shimmering Still
A Slow Sunrise
A Love Spark
A Typical Morning
A Normal School
A Digital Deal
A Hated Idea
A Lesser Thrill
A Family Issue
A Hot Flash
A Speck of Ice
A Colorful Reveal
A Somber Intruder
A Tasteless Temperature
A Naïve Conduit
A Tested Connection
A Familial Gathering
A Spiteful Envy
A Tilted Crown
A Beast Released
A Lurking Low
A Courtesy Call
A Garbled Message
A Crisis Code
A Sixth Contender
A Scarlet Scorn
A Future Murder
A Road Not Taken
A Stone Soldier
A Recent Kill
A Horrible Creature
A Bitter Breeze
A Data Exchange
A Black Dreamcatcher
A Deadly Disconnect
A Heartless Art
A Missing Link
A Tender Toll
A Blood Contract
A Silly Flower
A Fragmented Flock
A Silver Scratch
A Steady Bump
A Tired Dragon
A Pulse Of Joy
A Glorious Arrival
A White Night

A Soft Light

5.4K 277 328
By carelesscreativity

Cross sighed. These were more annoying than he'd first thought. He had magic restraints on him. Six, to be exact. Three on each arm. He felt sort of drained. Luckily, he'd already formed one of his bright red knives beforehand and stored it away for later. "Is the muzzle truly necessary?" He asked Sans, who was leading him up to the building. Sans blinked and turned to look back at him.

"Buddy, you tried to bite me." Sans reminded him. Cross sighed. Chara had tried to bite him. He was led into the school. He stared around as Sans disappeared into one of the rooms at the very end of the first floor hallway. After a moment, he came out with a goat monster. She seemed nice enough.

"Hello! My name is Miss Toriel! May I ask what your name is?" The goat greeted him cheerfully. Cross wasn't interested in her. He could sense Nightmare in that room she'd come out of.

"My name is Cross. It is a pleasure to meet you." He said politely. The goat seemed taken back and glanced at Sans.

"He's polite?" She asked, seeming startled. Sans shrugged, saying he was just as surprised.

"Picked him up this morning. Went on a rampage in the town. Tried to bite me too." Sans informed Toriel, who glanced at Cross in surprise. Cross shrugged. Toriel sighed and rubbed her head.

"Okay... well. I suppose I can take you to meet your classmates. It's almost lunchtime." She bid goodbye to Sans, who nodded to both of them before disappearing. She led Cross into the classroom. He entered the room and everyone lit up.

"THERE he is!" Killer exclaimed, grinning as he sat with his feet propped up on the desk. Dust blinked and glanced up at him, twitching before giving a nod. There was another presence around Dust. Cross would investigate it later. He could sense another presence attached to Horror as well, who seemed to be tucking something away into his bloody bag with a grin.

Cross turned his attention to the window, where Nightmare stared at him. Cross blinked. Nightmare looked amazing, illuminated by the light. Nightmare scoffed at him. "They put a muzzle on you?" He asked, tipping his head. Cross blinked before nodding. These restraints were keeping Chara in, which Cross knew would be an issue as soon as he took them off.

Toriel seemed surprised as she stared around. "So I take it you all already know each other??" She asked, her hands clasped in front of her. Cross nodded and moved to take a seat next to Nightmare. Nightmare's tentacle twitched, but other than that, he gave no real reaction. The bell rang, startling Dust, who impaled the speaker with a purple bone. It fizzled and went out.

"Oh... shit..." He said, calming down instantly as he stared up at it. Killer burst out laughing and Horror soon joined him, quietly giggling. Toriel's hands has tightened, smoke rising from them. She took a deep breath.

"I'm going to go fetch your meals for lunch now." She stated. Her kind voice had a barely controlled undertone. Cross felt an amused smile tug at his mouth. The teacher left the room, shutting and locking the door. Cross blinked and turned to Nightmare.

"Can you take the knife out from my belt?" He asked politely. Nightmare raised a brow before one of his tentacles slipped under Cross' coat. Cross let out a soft breath and Nightmare's face lit up as he pulled out the bright red knife.

"Why did you need me to do it? Why couldn't you?" He demanded. Cross gave him only a grin in response and Nightmare growled, seeming annoyed now. Cross hummed and began to get to work on slowly slicing off each restraint.

He was careful and kept his hand steady. Nightmare was watching, Cross could tell. Cross carefully sliced through all three restraints on one arm and held it out to Nightmare. Nightmare blinked before he sighed, seeming to understand.

Nightmare reached out and tugged off each restraint with his bony fingers, setting them down on the desk. Cross switched hands. He had to be careful. He wasn't as gifted with his right hand. He began to cut quietly.

He managed a smooth cut, though he tore his sleeve somewhat. He placed the knife down and tugged off the restraints himself. They clattered to the ground and Cross sighed as he felt magic course through his body once more.

He blinked as Chara reappeared. They seemed tense, whipping their head around. They snarled at the restraints. Cross understood. He dissipated the knife and turned to Nightmare with a grin. Nightmare scowled at him and turned away.

——————————

Blue pushed open the door and blinked. Oh! When he'd offered to help Miss Toriel carry things, he'd forgotten she took care of one of the most dangerous classes. Toriel stopped.  "How did you ALREADY get your restraints off, Cross??" She asked, seeming in disbelief. Blue peered around her to see six magic restraints on the desk in front of him. The new guy wore black and white and had a muzzle. He shrugged nonchalantly.

Blue handed out trays to people and stopped when he came up to Dust. "Hi, Dust!" He said cheerfully. The other blinked at him blankly. Blue felt a twinge of unease. The other's eye was glowing much brighter than it had before. Blue's smile faltered a little. "You... remember me, right?" He asked.

Dust didn't answer again, but blinked a few times, seeming to struggle to place him before blinking. "Ah." The other nodded. Blue felt a rush of relief. Why had he been so worried about that?! He blinked as Dust reached up and took the tray before giving a soft smirk. "Thanks, Blueberry." For some reason, the way he said Blue's nickname made his face heat up and Blue immediately gulped, becoming flustered as he nodded.

"Y-Yeah! No problem!" Blue had to get himself out of this. "Bye!" He disappeared out the door and they all stared after him.

————————————

Toriel unlocked both Cross and Horror from their muzzles. Horror began to scarf down and watched as Lust stared after the small blue skeleton with a huge smile, drifting in front of the door. Oh, he is so adorable! Lust gushed, squealing. Horror blinked, becoming momentarily distracted. He really liked seeing Lust smile like that. He blinked before snapping back and scarfing into his food again.

Lust soon drifted back over after Horror was done and stared at him with a soft look of amusement. You are quite a messy eater. Lust said, giggling. Horror shrugged.

——————————

Nightmare watched Cross out of the corner of his eye as he ate. The other seemed confused by the styrofoam tray. He tapped at it. The lunch was grilled cheese and chocolate milk. Cross didn't seem to realize it until he read the carton and his eyes lit up.

He immediately tore open the top of the carton and began to drink quietly. Nightmare had to restrain his laughter. Cross seemed disappointed as he finished. Nightmare sighed and took his own chocolate milk in one tentacle before handing out to Cross and placing it on his tray. The other lit up again and glanced over at Nightmare uncertainly. Nightmare sighed and nodded, rolling his eye.

He returned to eating on his own. He was much more hungry than he was thirsty, so giving away his carton of milk didn't bother him. He jumped as he felt a hand on his tentacle again. Cross gently stroked the tentacle next to him as he drank. Nightmare sighed, a slight glow on his face. He didn't understand the other's infatuation with his tentacles.

He flicked it and blinked as Cross jumped, seeming actually startled. Nightmare snorted and broke out in quiet laughter. Cross blinked, a slight purple lighting up his cheeks. "That scared me!" He exclaimed, not seeming to believe it himself.

———————————

Killer sighed as he ate, spinning one of his knives. Oh gross, Cross and Nightmare were flirting. He made an exaggerated gagging noise and Dust snorted next to him. Nightmare shot him a glare, while Cross seemed amused. Killer held the grilled cheese in his jaws and materialized another knife. He had had an idea.

He began to juggle the knives, catching each one by either the handle or the flat of the blade, before tossing it back up again. He'd done this millions of times. Never cut himself once. He even seemed to catch the attention of Horror, who looked up with part of a rare steak bleeding down his chin.

He blinked and tipped his head as Killer continued. Finally, he stopped and leaned back. He continued eating, impaling both knives in the desk while he wasn't using them. He blinked, nearly choking as the door opened and Toriel came in. "Ah, Miss Toriel! You missed my trick!" He said, grinning.

Toriel stared at him, unamused as she held her own lunch. She took one look at him, one look at the knives impaled in the desk, then disappeared right back out the door without another word. Killer scoffed. "Did she think my trick would be baa-aaad?" He bleated and Dust choked a bit, snickering. Killer grinned to himself proudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 14 9
Life is pretty easy in Pallet Town, but when Cross turns 18 he finally embarks on a journey in the world of Pokémon, but it might not be so easy as h...
15.7K 550 28
HAHA FNAF! Ahem Greetings my fellow shippers. Many weeks ago I proposed the idea of a FNAF Undertale multiship. So I made one myself. I just recent...
54.1K 1.9K 14
(I do not own UnderTale. That belongs to the brilliant Toby Fox! I also don't own any of the Sans except for their children, I just own this story an...
13.7K 537 22
What if the bad Sanses were in a gang? What if the good sanses were in their rival gang? What if they were each other's soulmates? Explore how the ba...