Waves || Christian Yu

By blu_fics

A story for my lovely brown girls 🌻 Inspired by Normani's "Waves" "Text me when you need me." More

01: Excuse me...
02: Anytime, Anywhere.
03: Blueberry
04: 20 Questions
05: +Ian?!
06: Blunders & Lightning
07: Breakfast
08:
09: FaceTiMe
10: Hey
11: 진짜? Really?
12: Miss Y(o)u
V-Day Side Story
13: Bambi
14: My Ky
15: Ona
16: Riight
17: Thank You
18: Coffee
19: Roo
20: Bow Your Heads
21: Deal
22: Ringing
23: Locked
24: Walls
25: Blurry
26: Numb
27: Harmless
28: Do Not Respond
30: Run
31: Ky
32: Guilt Stained
33: Ortegas Rotas / Crumble
34: Wake Up Love

29: Whiskey Blue

1.3K 71 19
By blu_fics

🚫Do NOT Respond🚫:
Let me know when you leave.

Ni'Kya stared at her phone, heart jumping with each new number change, signaling another minute passing by...

...another minute closer to having to find a way to keep Adam away from his apartment for Christi—Him to find...

...find what exactly?

4:20

Ten minutes until it was time to clock out. Her thumb twitched as it hovered over her screen, wondering if she should reply.

But what would she even say?

She jumped out of her thoughts from a knock on top of her cubicle desk. Adam's smile was so bright, it was sickening. Why was he hovering around when he was literally going to see her in a few hou—

"So...Did you decide where to go yet?"

Oh yeah, she had forgot to even say where they were going, "Ummm... how about Gold Room?"

Adam's face scrunched up with confusion. "On a Friday?

"Tongue & Groove?" His face remained unchanged, it actually looked like it twisted more.

His reluctance didn't go without good reason. They had to go out and stay out and either of those places would send someone off the deep end on a packed night, raring to go home.

She could only think of one other place, busy enough for a good environment, but chill enough to make people want to stay. And she wanted to avoid it like the plague for specific reasons...

"...how about... Whiskey Blue?"

He raised his brows as his eyes shifted, as if contemplating the idea. "I don't think I've been there... sure."

Of course.

"Still at 7 right?" He questioned as Ky nodded in response, "Great. I'll pick you up then."

Perfect. If he has to take her home, she could definitely alert Christi—Him about when to leave if need be.

"Yeah, sure." She meekly smiled, fixing over at the time on her computer.

4:30.

"Well, looks like it's time to head out." Ni'Kya quickly grabbed her bag from the file cabinet, giving Adam one last smile before heading to the elevator. Her stomach was churning.

Why was she suddenly nervous?

The walk to her car seemed to take longer than usual, her feet feeling sluggish and weighted.

Once she was home, she showered, for some odd reason, having flashbacks of her routine from when He would be here...

Enjoying the warm water together, drying off and supposedly getting ready for a night in or deciding to go out on a rare occasion, but 9 out of 10 times wound up tangled in her shee—

Stop it.

This is not what tonight is about. This is just to help him...

...but was she even helping him? Why did she want to know if he was telling the truth or not? When it came down to it, he was still with another woman.

But she had to know why.

It's kept her up at night, what haunted her in the few times she could actually sleep.

Why'd he do it? And if this was to provide either of them with answers, then so be it.

-🌻-

"Remind me how you know to pick a lock?" Christian was staring down at Scott in amazement as Adam's door popped open, ushering him in.

"Just be glad you brought me with you. How were you even planning to get in?" Christian pokes his tongue at his cheek, avoiding eye contact, "You know what, just go find what you need." Scott quickly shut the door, hoping no one noticed them.

Adam's place was eerily clean, almost as if it was the show apartment that the front office used for potential tenants.

They poked around out front, carefully making sure not to move things too much.

Nothing.

They made their way down the hall to his bedroom, which seemed a bit more lived in. They looked in his closet, drawers and under the bed, "what exactly are we searching for?" Scott said, finding a pair of black lace undies neatly tucked under his bed.

"Anything that seems suspect."

He nodded and responded with a simple mmmm as he returned back into the hall, noticing the second room with its door closed.

He made his way over, opening it slowly.

An office. His eyes graze over the room until it lands on a laptop on a desk at his side.

Bingo.

He opens it up, just to reveal a lock screen.

Of course.

What could the password be?...He thinks to himself. It's not like he knew anything about Adam in the first place.... til he got a twisted idea, "Aye Rome, what's Ky's birthday?"

"March 30."

"Year too."

"1990. Why?"

Please be wrong.

Please be wrong.

Please be— shit.

"That sick fucker." He mumbled to himself, "Hey Rome, come in here!"

Christian rushed in, giving Scott a confused look til he notices the glow on his face, his eyes shifting down to the laptop, "How'd you—"

Scott gives him a sympathetic look as he steps away, giving up his space. Christian reluctantly compelled himself to take the seat in front of the glowing screen.

It seemed normal at first, his desktop seemed clear besides a few folders off to the side, design programs located in the tool bar at the bottom, but just one icon stood out on the desktop itself. It was the only program among the folders and the name seemed unfamiliar.

He glanced over at Scott before deciding to click it, starting it up, "What the fuck is this?" He mumbled as a box popped up with the spinning icon.

Things seemed minimal enough. One side of the screen was black while the other held just one unnamed folder.

He clicked the drop arrow to reveal a series of sub folders, all with dates and times. He opened one, and I had what looked like, call logs?

"What is that?" Scott leaned over his shoulder, trying to make sense of the jibberish, "Call ended 2:01:15 on Feb. 2, 2019. What? Why is there a list of ended call and face times?"

Christian shrugged and shook his head "I don—"

"Click another one."

He backed out, and scrolled down a bit, clicking on another random folder....

It looked like....

pictures....

....of texts.

"Baby, please...Ky...Ky stop ignoring me....Go to sleep and leave me alone— these are.... THESE ARE OUR TEXTS! HOW DOES HE—"

"H-her birthday was his password...." Christian turned to Scott, his face red with anger and twisted with disgust, "I'm sorry, man."

"He's been stalking us? HER?! Since whe—"

He recalled the other folders on Adams desk top. One named MK stood out to him. It sat off to itself, not near the other folders or even the program.

MK...

He had to stop himself from tossing the laptop across the room as he scrolled. "What the fuck?" Scott made out barely above a whisper.

MK....My Ky.

Pictures dating back to before they even knew the other existed, "That's her apartment. HOW'D HE GET INSIDE HER APARTMENT." There were so many.

Outside of her window.

At work.

...the two of them.

Together.

This was insane. He's crazy.

"I gotta get Ky away from him."

Christian pushes away from the desk, frantically heading towards the front door. Scott quickly closed everything, trying to not show any traces of them being there. "Whoa, Rome wait. Hold up!"

He was moving without thinking. Get her away from him was the only thing on his mind. "ROME!" Scott snatches Christian by his shoulder. He had managed to hawk him down before he got in the car.

"Think logically. I know you're upset. I am too, but this guy is dangerous. You can't just bust in there and snatch Ky away in public like that. It could go bad, real fast."

"But—"

"You have to calmly, warn her. Say something that you know would make her get up and talk to you. I know there's no way I can stop you from going there right now, but she needs to get away from him without him seeing you."

And so.... here we are. Scott in the parking lot, Adam at the table, and Christian trying to remind himself that he needed to get Ky away from him, but his body was reacting on its own, as was her's.

She was angry with herself, how weak she was at him just being in front of her made her lose a sense of logic and want to be wrapped in his embrace.

He pulled her back, gaining control of himself, and her as well, "As much as I would like to, I need to get you out of here."

"What? What happened, did you find something?"

He looked towards the door, keeping track of the time, wondering if Adam was starting to get suspicious of how long she'd been gone, "Hey, look at me. What's wrong?"

It turned his head back, his worried eyes made her nervous, "Just let me handle it. But I need to get you out of here fir—"

"If whatever it is, is as bad as you make it sound. Me leaving with you now would only make it worse. He drove us here. He's gonna have to take me home."

Christian swallowed hard, he hated the idea of her being with him for even more than a second...

...but she was right.

"Ian...." she caressed the side of his face, feeling her own heart spike as she tried to calm his nerves. She couldn't understand why she wasn't upset with him. She thought the first thing she would do when she saw him would be to slap him and tear him a new one.

But—

"Please.. be careful. We have to go back and save what we found, please let me know when he leaves your place."

She nodded, missing the warmth of his cheek as he slipped away to the door, returning moments later, pulling her to him for one last kiss, too quick for her to register, but enough to still her mind.

She calmly walked back to her table, grabbing her stomach when Adam came into view. She sat down, twisting her face into a knot and wincing, "Hey, you okay?"

He leaned forward, carefully touching her shoulder. She could see Christian look back at the two of them before exiting, "Yeah, my stomach's just a bit upset. I'll be fine."

"Ky, if you're not feeling well, I can take you home."

"No it's fine. Don't worry about it."

"Ky, seriously. You don't look like it's fine. We've been out for a few hours and it's almost midnight. If you need to go home, i'll be more than happy to take you."

She winced, giving him a weak smile, "You sure?"

"Of course. Come on." He held his hand out, gently grabbing hers to help her lift from her seat. He didn't let go until she sat in the passenger seat, him closing the door.

He pulled out, asking her once more how she was feeling, saying she should lay back and rest her eyes for the short drive.

He walked her to her door, despite her saying she could make it on her own. He said his goodbyes, hoping she feels better, she waves him off watching him go down the stairs as she pulled out her phone.

Ky💙💍:
He just left.

She turned to close the door, but it stuck. She yanked it, but it wouldn't budge. She looks down, seeing the tip of a foot blocking the door from is frame.

She tried to force it closed as a hand appeared, trying to push it open. She leaned in with all her weight, feet slipping against the tile.

It wasn't enough.

Her feet gave way, making her hit her head against the force of the opposing door and the floor. A loud buzzing filled her ears as her vision blurred.

The floor under her rattled, and the back of her head felt warm, the field of view disintegrating to black. The figures squats down, she can only see their feet as she tried to lift her head.

She couldn't move.

🚫Do NOT Respond🚫:
Okay. We're heading out.
I'll see you soon, if that's okay.

———💙🌻🖤———
ᗩᑌTO' OT:
Hey lovelies! So as you can probably tell, we've come full circle to the first chapter! This also means that Waves is coming to a close soon.

Also, don't forget about the One Shot request book!
You can either comment here or there, send a DM or post it to my board.
Either way works. I'll let you know if your submission is approved.

Stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 54 26
Missing you comes in waves. Tonight I'm drowning. Meet Rose. A 17 year old girl with sharp blue eyes and Dark brown hair. She falls in love but has...
157K 6.5K 28
Just read and enjoy.
1.5K 77 21
Sometimes things happen to us that we can't control. Sometimes we fight back. Sometimes it doesn't work and the consequences are more than we barga...
5K 209 16
They say two broken people can't heal each other. But who says we can't try? I promise to love you unconditionally As long as you promise to always...