๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ ๐ž๐ญ | jam...

By siriuslyparkr

James Potter x reader How do you act when your bestfriend chooses someone else over you and can't handle the... More

disclaimer
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13

1

7.8K 178 408
By siriuslyparkr

They were best friends. Since the day they met, they were best friends.

They were eleven, nervous and had just gotten on the train for Hogwarts. Y/n was lost and knew absolutely no one. She was a muggle-born and her parents didn't know anything about magic, and until a few weeks back, she didn't either. She tried to read as many books as possible to understand this hidden world, but she was still scared.

James was a pureblood. Though that never meant anything. Blood status wasn't really a thing for him, he knew about it but didn't care. She read a lot about the issue and felt overwhelmed about her identity. She should probably just not talk about it. At all. To anyone. Right? And the best way to do that was to not talk. At all. To anyone. And the best way to do THAT was to stay away. From everyone. And so she sat alone. Not that she really had any other option.

She had gotten to the train station early and there was practically no one there yet. People started coming in and that's when it all started. A young boy with big glasses and messy hair opened the door and simply sat in front of her after putting his things away.

"Oh. Umm, can I, uhh...Sit??" The unnamed boy said.

"I mean you're already... Sitting... "

"I'm James by the way, and one day I'll be the best quidditch player in the world."

"I'm Y/n, and I think you're a big dreamer, little guy!"

"Is that a bad thing?" He says taunting her.

The door bursts open for a second time.

"HI! I'M SIRIUS AND I HAVE NO FRIENDS!"

"Ummm... Ok? Is it a wizard thing to introduce yourself with a random fact or have I just stumbled on the two weirdest people ever? Not that I wouldn't know, because I was raised a wizard... For sure..."

And that's when they became best friends.

Five years later and they were still as close.

Y/n was waiting for James for their weekly "study dates" which don't really include studying but rather arm wrestle fights, some chess, planning the next prank, or literally anything. Anything other than what they were actually supposed to be doing. But for the first time in all those years, James simply didn't show up.

Study dates have been cancelled before on a few rare occasions, but it was always discussed previously. She waited for two hours before going back to the Gryffindor common room. Y/n wasn't exactly mad, she just didn't understand why he'd do that. He'd never done something like that before and he knew how important these were. It must have been something horribly important or he would have told her like he always did. It wasn't.

Upon entering the common room, Y/n immediately spotted James and Lily on the couch in front of the fire. They had a bunch of textbooks in front of them and seemed to be studying for the next potion's exam.

Now she was mad.

He couldn't study with her because he found another study partner, and that was so messed up. He could go study with anyone else at any other time, but not during THEIR time. It's like he just replaced her. He couldn't have just forgotten, they had been doing this for 73 Fridays, he knew exactly what he was doing.

"Hi, study partner!" She said, purposely scaring him with the fakest smile she could put on.

"Oh... Heeyyyyyy... Yyyyyyy/nnnnn... Study partneeeer..." James answers, adding finger guns for an effect of - you just caught me.

"Yeah! Exactly! It's me! Y/n! Your study partner!"

"We were just... Uhhh..."

"Studying. We were just studying, Y/n." Evans said.

"Oh my! Thank you, Lily! I didn't know I was not only stupid but also blind!"

"Sorry..." Lily mumbled underneath her breath.

"I'm sure you are."

"Y/n you don't need to be rude to her like that."

"Thank you, James, for informing me! I thought it was my duty as an official meanie, but you have opened my eyes, and I'm so grateful! Never gonna make a rude comment to a pretty girl again."

"Why are you so mad anyway?" The redhead added.

"WhY aRe yOU so mAd aNyWAy?!??" Y/n copied her in a, not so flattering, way. "I don't know Lily flower, maybe because for the past 5 years James and I, as in me, Y/n L/n, his best friend, met every single Friday for "studying" and he just stood me up for the first time ever and the only apparent reason was to replace me with someone else? That's my guess. But I don't know, I don't know, maybe I'm just too emotional because I'm on my period. That's another option. What do you guys think?"

"I think you may be overreacting..." James mumbled.

"That was a rhetorical question sweetheart. That means you don't usually answer, but yeah... I probably am overreacting, Jamie. I probably am."

She turned around and he knew he messed up.

For anyone else, that would have been overreacting, but for these two, this was a big deal, and James knew it. So he quickly finished with Lily and went right over to her dorm to apologize. He countered the gender blocking spell and knocked on her door to the rhythm of "Help!" from the Beatles.

"No one's there!"

"Y/n.."

"I don't know who that is!"

"I'm sorry"

"..."

"I really am."

"What for?"

"For betraying our precious friendship?"

"Good answer."

"Can you forgive me?"

"I'll think about it..."

"Ok, then. I'll wait."

And he did. He waited for 2 hours outside her door. Until she finally opened her door.

Sliding against the wall and sitting on the floor beside him, she broke the silence.

"So... How does it feel?"

"What does what feel?"

"Waiting two hours without knowing if they'll ever come."

"I knew you'd come." He took her by the shoulders and looked her right in the eyes. "Have you thought about it?"

"A little bit..."

"Aaaaaaand???"

"I forgive you..." She smirks up at him and he hugs her as hard as he can.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sORRy! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRRRYYYYY!"

"Ok! Ok! That's enough! Let me breathe, dumbass!"

And things went back to normal. They really did. Until they didn't. And he forgot the next Friday's meeting. Y/n didn't even confront him this time. She just went to bed early.

They usually sat side by side in the dining hall, but that morning, she sat beside Remus.

"Ok, why are you here?"

"Wha- I didn't even have time to fully sit down and you're already questioning me?? Can't a girl sit in a different place, besides a different friend, for ONE morning??"

"No. Moony's right. There's something wrong with you,"

"There's NOTHING WRONG WITH ME SIRIUS!!!"

James sits down at his regular place at that exact moment.

"Merlin's beard, Y/n why are you screaming?"

"FUCK YOU!! NO I'M NOT!! YOUR EARS ARE JUST TOO SENSITIVE!!"

"What did you do, James?" Peter questioned him with a mouth full of chicken.

"I didn't do anything!"

"Ok, then why is she sitting beside Moony?"

"YEAH! WHY IS SHE SITTING BESIDES ME??!?" Remus screamed in confusion.

"Oh... I hadn't really noticed... Maybe she just wants to be beside Remus. It's just places, it's not a big deal."

Sirius seemed angry at him for not even trying to understand, but he calmly said, "If it's not a big deal then why did she just leave?"

"YEAH! WHY DID SHE JUST LEAVE?!??!" Remus repeated just as confused as before.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Rem?" James said, somewhat trying to distract them from the actual problem

"This situation makes me extremely uncomfortable..." The werewolf boy answered while whipping off his sweat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
955K 36.1K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
906K 41.5K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
431K 17.5K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...