Far From Home

By BucketofFeralRats

First person perspective from multiple characters in the old fashioned Homestuck style of story telling. Kark... More

Let's Get This Bread
Working Hard, or Hardly Working?
Fishy Friends?

And So It Begins?

40 2 0
By BucketofFeralRats

Your name is KARKAT VANTAS. You live in the ANDROMEDA GALAXY in a solar system with a very UNUSUALLY BRIGHT STAR. Because of this, your species, called TROLLS, is almost purely NOCTURNAL, except for a few who are called RAINBOW DRINKERS for the main fact that they DRINK TROLL BLOOD. The rainbow part of it coming from the fact that TROLL BLOOD HAS MANY COLOURS. In fact, your WHOLE SOCIETY is built of a HEMOSPECTRUM from the blood. Its VERY STRICT and AGGRESSIVE with the social order that has been in order for AS LONG AS YOUR SPECIES CAN REMEMBER. You sometimes wonder how this all got started, mostly because your species has A LOT OF QUIRKS. The fact that two trolls can not reproduce solely on their own sometimes MAKES YOU WONDER how your species evolved like this, as it's NOT VERY GOOD if a catastrophe were to happen. You have no idea if any of that is COMMON KNOWLEDGE, because you, like many trolls, DO NOT GO TO SCHOOL. Except that you CANNOT GO TO SCHOOL, as if anyone found out your blood colour, YOU WOULD DIE. You don't like to think about that though, because it's ALWAYS ON YOUR MIND, like the many PROBLEMS with your Society. Such as the fact that the QUEEN is the rarest type of blood, and LIVES THE LONGEST. And yes, it is ALWAYS A QUEEN. All men born of that blood are CULLED, like MUTANT TROLLS. Luckily mutants have no real obvious differences. Although the mutation can change MANY MORE THINGS other than the blood colour. You are ESPECIALLY SENSITIVE IN ALMOST EVERY WAY. Your INABILITY TO EXPRESS YOUR EMOTIONS in a HEALTHY WAY usually ends up in UNRELENTING ANGER that you take out in every possible way. You can admit that it's PROBABLY NOT THE BEST, but you just DONT CARE.

You find you get SIDE TRACKED VERY EASILY, and like to go on LONG RANTS that sound VERY ANGRY for the pure fact that you LIKE TO TALK LIKE THIS, IN ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME. Though your quirk is VERY TRUE TO YOUR VOICE, which is why you use it. The other reason is because QUIRKS are VERY IMPORTANT AND PERSONAL in your culture. MIMICKING QUIRKS is VERY OFFENSIVE and you SHOULD NOT DO IT unless you are VERY CLOSE.

You can admit Trolls are QUITE INTERESTING, mostly because you are sadly UNEDUCATED on almost EVERYTHING. From your THICK GREY SKIN to your oddly CANDY CORN COLOURED HORNS, you find that many other ALIEN SPECIES documented on the OPEN INTERNET don't look quite like yours close enough for comfort. Though HORNS may differ on trolls, that and the blood spectrum are some of the only huge differences. Not even the EYES are different. They are all orange, and specialize in SEEING IN THE DARK. That is why only RAINBOW DRINKERS can go out into the BLINDING SUN, and your WHOLE SOCIETY is built around the cover of night.

Today is YOUR BIRTHDAY, and suppose to be a very HAPPY DAY. You are the YOUNGEST of your friends, even though you all are about the SAME AGE. Trolls count time in SWEEPS, that are MUCH LARGER than human Years because of the planets ORBIT around the HUGE BRIGHT STAR. You are up EXTRA EARLY because one of your friends RUDELY AWOKE YOU.

USUALLY he NEVER WAKES YOU UP, but now that you are up you figure you should PROBABLY CHECK IT OUT. You use a chat client called TROLLIUM to talk to all your friends on. Your friend has told you his name is THETTA NUMUXI, and as far as you know, none of your other friends should know him. You yourself barely know him, yet HE KNOWS YOU. It's rather weird and YOU DONT LIKE IT SO MUCH. Although you are SOMEWHAT GRATEFUL because he has SAVED YOUR ASS COUNTLESS TIMES. You are a little surprised your friend SOLLUX CAPTOR doesn't know your odd acquaintance, as they both seem to have a nack for CODING, although that's where the similarities seem to stop for the most part. Mostly because your weird friend THETTA seems to be RUSSIAN. Or the closest thing to it. For that reason alone you DONT QUITE TRUST HIM, though you admit that that's PROBABLY STEREOTYPING and NOT NICE. Again, you DONT CARE. You find your Russian pal to be A BIT TOO ENERGETIC for your tastes, because he goes on LONG PASSIONATE RAMBLES in SOMEWHAT COHERENT ENGLISH about topics you DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND. You feel like you may be his ONLY REAL FRIEND, although you still know nearly NOTHING ABOUT HIM. It's QUITE JARRING if you're honest. He feels a little bit ALIEN compared to your other friends, yet a little familiar.

Through all your muddling about how strange your foreign friend is, you forgot you had to look at what he wanted you for, or what was so important he had to wake you up this early. You get sidetracked again by the thought of how early it is and look out one of your windows. The JUST SETTING SUN lit up the BLEAK and SAD landscape of your planet, which you agree that you SORTA WISH WAS A LOT NICER. And it WOULD BE, if it weren't for all the SOCIAL OPPRESSION OF THE LOWER CLASSES. Almost everyone can agree it's happening, but NO ONE HAS DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT. EVERYTHING is really fucked up, but it's ALWAYS BEEN THIS WAY. So much so that the troll empire PRACTICALLY OWNS THE WHOLE GALAXY. Which now that you think about it, today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY for the empire. Today is suppose to be the day the queen should be revealing something that should let people travel to other galaxies. This is VERY CONCERNING to you, though your Russian buddy has told you NOT TO WORRY. Again, now that you think about it, you are now VERY WORRIED.

You have a GRUB TOP that you use around your HIVE for TROLLIUM that your BEASTLY GUARDIAN called a LUSUS gave you for your last WRIGGLING DAY. You seem to have FALLEN ASLEEP in a PILE OF WASHED CLOTHES AND BLANKETS with your grubtop on you, and QUITE A FEW FREW FRIENDS have tried to contact you, but it's QUITE OBVIOUS that Thetta was trying to contact to the most recent. Mostly from the EMPTY ERRORS ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN that only have an "OKAY" button. You have downloaded a NASTY VIRUS on your computer that let your friend Jack your computer. Lucky for you, he didn't seem to want cause harm.

You close all the errors to take a look at what he was trying to send you. Names on Trollium go by the first letter and the capital letter, making your friends handle from catatonicExplosion to CE on your screen. You don't bother to remember what your name on there is, but you know the letters are CG.

CE: Karkat
CE: Kaaaaarkat
CE: сука! Каркат!
CE: Wake up (((((((
CE: no really plz wake up it very important.
CE: I know you sleeby but you need wake up, so uh. Go ahead and wakey wakey.
CE: Okay I no wait, I wake you up. Hold on. Not like you have choice.

That's when he seemed to make your computer explode with noise to wake you up. You aren't very happy about that, but he never does it before the sun is up, he knows how your eyes are extra sensitive to light.

CG: THE FUCK DO YOU WANT? YOU WOKE ME UP AT AN UNGODLY FUCKING HOUR, WHAT POSSIBLY COULD BE **THIS FUCKING IMPORTANT** THAT YOU HAD TO WAKE ME UP?
CE: Да, I am sorry I wake you up so early but I really need to today. So good news bad news!
CG: OH GREAT. GIVE ME THE GOOD NEWS FIRST I SUPPOSE.
CE: You get meet me today! Yaaaaay!
CG: BAD NEWS..?
CE: Well That is the bad news as well. You get meet me today. Today the day. I no expect it come so early, but it need be today.
CG: WAIT WHAT- WHY THE FUCK TODAY? WHAT THE FUCK TODAY? YOUVE BEEN REALLY SECRETIVE ABOUT THIS WHOLE FUCKING THING!
CE: Да, Да- извините, sorry. I tell you I tell you what I can. I tell you much more later but I only tell you little bit. I no expecting reveal to be so soon, it throw plans off guard.
CG: WAIT- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING? THETTA YOU STUPID RUSSIAN FUCKER WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING YOU ASSHAT?
CE: I no able to tell just yet! I sorry! I need you wake friends up if you want avoid most of blood shed. I no want you get hurt ((((
CG: YOU TELL ME NOT TO PANIC BUT TELL ME THIS SHIT, I AM PANICKING.
CE: Неееет!!!! Нет! Nooo! No panic I got this under control! Sh sh. Ш. Please just try get everyone in one place no suspicious! No want panic.
CG: WE ARE GONNA PANIC ANYWAYS, ARENT WE?
CE: .... ееех.. Да, probably, yes.
CG: I REGRET NOT THROWING THIS OUT SOMETIMES.

And with that you find it's best to stop trolling him and move on. He probably has things he has to do, knowing him he probably hyper-fixated on trying to wake you up. You suppose you and him are the same in that fact, how you fixate on things so easily. He does go on very long rambles that rival the length of your raves and rants, so you suppose that's why you can get along pretty well, you can both hold up a conversation with each other easily while going off on each other about various things. You actually feel SLIGHTLY SAFER talking to him about most things then your friends, this is due to the fact NO ONE ELSE KNOWS HIM. Thetta has told you before that he sort of knows your friends from the times he spies on you, which he ADMITS HE DOES OFTEN. You would find it VERY UNNERVING if he wasn't so careful with KEEPING YOU OKAY. You have NO IDEA WHY he does this, but he does, and you put up with it. Mainly because you rather it him then any of your friends. That probably says A LOT about you now that you think about it, but you just DONT CARE.

Out off all your friends, you would say you are the closest to GAMZEE MAKARA, a PURPLE BLOOD JUGGALO that you are MOIRAILS with. Basically you are REALLY GOOD FRIENDS who CARE A LOT about each other. Its called a QUADRANT and they are very important to your society, although they can be A LITTLE COMPLICATED. Your friend Thetta has a RUDIMENTARY understanding of them, unlike most trolls who know them PRETTY WELL. Though he and your friend Gamzee probably relate in that sense, but Gamzee ISNT SCHOOLED unlike Thetta, who is JUST REALLY WEIRD. Gamzee would be able to get schooling VERY EASY if he ACTUALLY WANTED IT, but instead he spends his day doing GOD KNOWS WHAT and eating SOPOR PIES. Trolls ARE NOT suppose to eat sopor, it does weird things to the brain, which your kind calls a THINK PAN. Admittedly you agree with Thetta when he said that Think Pan makes him think of an ACTUAL PAN at first. You are sure there has to be a better word for THINK PAN, but you don't know what word that could possibly be.

You realize you got REALLY SIDETRACKED again, that happens A LOT. You have a lot of thoughts to think, and so little time to think them, yet too much time as well. It's VERY COMPLICATED, like MANY THINGS, all of which you rather NOT GET INTO RIGHT NOW. If you did you could be spacing out for a FEW HOURS, and you're suppose to be WAKING YOUR FRIENDS UP. Your buddy Gamzee should be awake, as he RARELY SEEMS TO SLEEP. You have NO IDEA how he can stand any light like that to WILLINGLY BE AWAKE. But you have to admit, it's QUITE HELPFUL at times, especially right now. You click on his Trollium, which is terminallyCapricious, or TC for short and start TROLLING HIM.

CG: HEY FUCKASS, ARE YOU AWAKE? I ASSUME YOU ARE BECAUSE WHEN THE FUCK ARENT YOU?
TC: hEy BrO :o)
TC: yEaH, iM aWaKe. WhAt ThE mOtHeRfUcK iS uP bEsTfRiEnD :o)?

You are already BOILING WITH ANGER. You HATE how he types. It's REALLY ANNOYING. But you DONT SAY MUCH, or try to, because you at least TRY TO BE NICE.

CG: NOTHING MUCH, IM JUST MAKING SURE YOU ARE.
TC: yOu SuRe BrO :o0?
CG: YES I AM VERY SURE, GAMZEE.
TC: hAvE yOu BeEn HaViNg TrOuBlE sLeEpInG aGaIn?
CG: NO, IM FINE I TOLD YOU THAT. I JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS AWAKE.
TC: oKaY KaRbRo, If YoU SaY sO.

You are VERY GLAD that that's over. You find yourself thinking about how normal it is to use the same word twice in a row in a sentence even though it looks and sounds a LITTLE WRONG. Scratch that, VERY WRONG. The language is VERY WEIRD you can agree. You sometimes wish you knew what Thetta was saying in his language, because his seems A LOT SIMPLER in that sense. Then again, you CANNOT SPEAK IT or UNDERSTAND IT so maybe it could be MORE COMPLEX than you first thought, you DONT KNOW, and sorta DONT CARE. You are sure that at least ONE of your friends should be able to learn Thetta's language, just NOT YOU.

You got SIDETRACKED YET AGAIN, and missed that your friend SOLLUX CAPTOR, or TA on Trollium has messaged you. You don't know what's up with him half the time, because he's VERY MOODY. You think he said something once about BEING BIPOLAR, but you aren't QUITE SURE what that TOTALLY MEANS, but you do know you ARENT SURPRISED. You would wonder why he's up so early, but knowing him you bet that he STAYED UP ALL DAY in a TROLL MONSTER FUELED MANIC EPISODE. What he could have been doing is BEYOND YOU, but you assume it was CODING or GAMING. Perhaps both?

TA: kk why the fuck are you awake 2o early?
TA: dont an2wer that actually, ii don't need two know, doe2nt matter.
CG: I COULD ASK YOU THE SAME FUCKING THING, SOL.
TA: oh hu2h. check thii2 out dude, iit2 iimportant
CG: SO IMPORTANT YOU STAYED UP ALL DAY I BET? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN DO THAT.
TA: well fiir2t off my eye2 arent 2en2iitiive liike your2. 2econd, ii cover all my wiindow2 2o ii don't go fuckiing bliind. you 2hould try iit 2ometiime kk, not liike there2 much two fuckiing 2ee our there now ii2 there?
CG: NO, NO THERE FUCKING ISNT, YOURE RIGHT.
TA: exactly.
CG: SO WHATS SO FUCKING IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAD TO NEARLY KILL YOURSELF BY DRINKING THAT FIZZY FUCKING ENERGY GARBAGE?
TA: 2hut up, ii liike how iit ta2te2.
CG: LIKE NUCLEAR WASTE?
TA: yeah 2ure let2 go wiith that.
TA: anyway2 you need two 2hut up and lii2ten two me, iit2 iimportant.
CG: DONT STRAIN YOURSELF TOO HARD AND GET FUCKING BLOOD PUSHER TREMORS OR SOMETHING.
TA: ii 2aiid 2hut the fuck up
CG: OKAY FINE, SHUTTING THE FUCK UP.

You find Sollux to be QUITE HARD TO TALK TO at times with how BITCHY he can be. Whatever he needs to tell you is PROBABLY IMPORTANT. In his eyes at least, because he seems to HATE TALKING.

TA: okay 2o a2 you know ii wa2 up all day bc ii ju2t couldnt 2leep. long 2tory 2hort ii thiink there2 a rea2on the whole thiing wa2 moved two twoday. iit2 ju2t a coiinciidence that iit2 your wriiggliing day But ii thiink 2omethiing ii2 gonna happen twoday.
CG: WHAT GIVES YOU THAT IDEA?
TA: well ii could go on for a whiile but ii thiink iit2 paiilfully clear what the fuck ii2 up. and ii thiink you know.
CG: HEY, YOURE THROWING SOME STRONG FUCKING ACCUSATIONS AT ME CAPTOR, THE FUCK IS YOUR DEAL?
TA: dont "what2 your deal" me vanta2, you are well aware of thii2 whole thiing iim pretty 2ure of iit. you refu2ed help on your grubtop when you got that horriible fuckiing viiru2, ii know you diidnt take care of iit yoru2elf, you tra2h every computer you try two code on or fiix.
CG: OKAY, WOW, THATS FUCKING RUDE. LIKE YOU HAVENT TRASHED COMPUTERS BEFORE?
TA: my computer ii2 bee2. no ii have not tra2hed iit ii take very good care of iit and the bee2 thank you very much, you on the other hand are a dii2a2ter.
CG: SAYS FUCKING YOU??? HAVE YOU LOOKED IN A MIRROR LATELY?
TA: what2 a miirror?
CG: OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ASSHOLE.
TA: lol

You sadly do not know everything that's going on like he accused you, but you DO KNOW that something BIG is suppose to happen. You figure it's best to just tell him that, but as subtle as you can, which isn't that subtle...

CG: LOOK, ALL I KNOW IS THAT TODAY SOMETHING BIG IS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN. I DONT KNOW WHAT.
TA: well then what2 your part iin all of thii2? you 2ome 2ort of 2py?
CG: OH FUCK NO, NO NO NO. IM NOT A FUCKING SPY, I WOULD BE TERRIBLE.
TA: ii agree, you would be fuckiing terriible at iit. but really, what the fuck ii2 up wiith your computer, why the fuck diid you reject help, iit2 obviiou2ly 2tiill u2able.
CG: YES, I CAN STILL USE IT QUITE EASILY. I DOWNLOADED SOMETHING THAT LET SOMEONE JACK MY COMPUTER ON ACCIDENT, BUT THEY TURNED OUT TO BE NICE.
TA: how the fuck diid that happen, who are they? tho2e are the la2t kiind of people you wanna friiend. how fuckiing deep are you iin thii2 2hiit???
CG: CALM THE FUCK DOWN, IM FINE. HES NOT REALLY FROM AROUND THESE PARTS, HES MY FRIEND NOW AND HES ACTUALLY NICE, I TOLD YOU.
TA: iim am calm what gave you the iidea ii wa2nt? iim ju2t a liittle concerned about you bc iive been around darker part2 of the web and you meet 2ome fucked up people.
CG: CLEARLY, I MET YOU.
TA: oh 2hut the fuck up.
TA: what ha2 thii2 dude been gettiing you two do.
CG: LITERALLY NOTHING, WE ARE JUST FRIENDS, YOU DONT NEED TO FUCKING WORRY!! LISTEN, IF IT MAKES YOU FUCKING CALM THE FUCK DOWN, HE SAYS HIS NAME IS THETTA AND HE SPEAKS ANOTHER LANGUAGE. HE WOKE ME UP AND TOLD ME I HAD TO MAKE SURE ALL OF YOU WERE AWAKE AS WELL, HES BEEN KEEPING ME AS IN THE DARK AS HE CAN, THATS HOW HE IS. ITS WEIRD AS FUCK BUT HES SAVED MY ASS A FEW TIMES SO I KEEP HIM AROUND. I THINK IM HIS ONLY FRIEND ANYWAYS, AND HE STILL HAS CONTROL OF MY COMPUTER SO ITS KIND OF HARD TO GET RID OF HIM NOW. JUST FUCKING TRUST ME ON THIS, OKAY?

Your friend doesn't reply right away, so you find your eyes wandering away from the screen. The sun has fully set now, so your friends should be waking up soon. That's a good sign, because you don't know how fast you're supposed to wake everyone up. You assume it doesn't matter, but you can't help feel that it does.

TA: okay, fiine, ii tru2t you. ii don't tru2t hiim, but ii tru2t you.
CG: THATS ALL I FUCKING ASK FOR.
TA: yeah cool. 2o do you know anythiing el2e? you 2ure he doe2nt tell you thiing2?
CG: YES, IM SURE. THE ONLY OTHER THING I KNOW IS THAT HE SAID IM GOING TO GET TO MEET HIM TODAY.
TA: really?
CG: YEAH, I KNOW. ILL KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR SO I WILL KNOW HIM WHEN I SEE HIM. HE SHARES YOUR BLOOD COLOUR AND HAS WEIRDLY SHAPED HORNS BECAUSE HE SAYS HE NEEDS TO CONSTANTLY BREAK THEM OFF AND GROW THEM OUT PROPERLY OR ELSE IT CAN CAUSE HIM PROBLEMS. I DIDNT THINK TROLL HORNS GROW BACK THOUGH?
TA: they don't. or they aren't 2uppo2e two. are you 2ure he2 a troll?
CG: YES I AM VERY SURE. HES A LITTLE WEIRD, BUT HE IS FOR SURE A TROLL.
TA: ii2 HE a 2py?
CG: WHY THE FUCK WOULD I KNOW?
TA: iidk you two 2ound clo2e
CG: NOT REALLY? I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE DUDE.
TA: oh okay 2o he2 that kiind of guy, okay.
TA: well anyway2, iif he 2ay2 we all need two be awake you better go do iit, who know2 how much tiime we have left.
CG: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?
TA: ii gue22 we wiill ju2t have two waiit and 2ee.
CG: OKAY IM GONNA STOP TALKING TO YOU NOW, HAVE FUN CHUGGING RADIOACTIVE FUCKING WASTE AS A DRINK TO STAY AWAKE
TA: already ahead of you

You are RELIEVED that thats over, you weren't sure when he would stop. You don't like talking for TOO LONG. Not in the mornings at least. Though now that you know two friends are up, you aren't sure how to wake the rest up.

Sound coming from outside your hive catches your attention, though mainly because there's no other sound other than your breathing, and that, the sound of the night life starting up. Soon it should be getting pretty loud, especially today. The showing of- whatever it was that's suppose to take us to the next level of space travel was being shown here, in your city. You can admit that a bit too perfect to be just a coincidence. It feels like you may end up going to see the showing. You feel like everyone is going to be there. That's why Thetta must want your friends up as well, whatever is going on, he's not just going to save your ass, he's bringing all your friends along too. You start to wonder if he's going to come along as well. What's he going to do if he stays behind- where are they even going? What's going on? You have a bad feeling about today. A REALLY BAD feeling.

Your bad feelings are overshadowed when your friend NEPETA LEIJON, or AC starts trolling you.

AC: :33< happy wriggling day karkitty!

You DO NOT LIKE HER THAT MUCH. You prefer NOT TO TALK TO HER AT ALL, but you put up with her you suppose.

CG: THANKS. I SEE YOURE UP EARLY.
AC: :33< I've been working on something fur you! I woke up early to finish it!

That's A LOT OF YOUR FRIENDS already up early. That's weird. Today is a VERY WEIRD DAY. It barely feels like a special day, EVEN THOUGH ITS SUPPOSE TO BE. You assume you feel weird because you WOKE UP WAY TOO EARLY. Maybe you're just tired?

CG: OH, YOU DIDNT NEED TO DO THAT, BUT THANK YOU.
AC: :33< of course I had to! Are you going to the showing too? I can give it to you there! Equius is going to be there too!
CG: REALLY? HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE ARE COMING?
AC: :33< I'm not sure!

You aren't sure if you want to show up. That's A LOT of Trolls all in one place, and your friends will be there too. If you're going to go, you need to "pretty yourself up" first, you don't like people seeing your blood colour. So much so that you avoid using almost ANY COLOUR in your wardrobe. Most of your attire is adorned with the grey symbol of THE SIGNLESS, although he is a TABOO TOPIC in society for being a MUTANT TROLL who spoke out agains the VERY CORRUPT SYSTEM. You're lucky in the fact that most of his history has been covered up by the alternian government in an attempt to control the masses into submission, or else wearing this would PROBABLY GET YOU KILLED. Then again, a lot of things will PROBABLY GET YOU KILLED. The most popular way being CULLING. You REALLY DONT LIKE THINKING ABOUT IT. You are going to STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. You do so by noting someone else messaged you.

CE: Да, you will be go. You go to showing, you get friends to showing. I be there.

You admit that you get QUITE ANNOYED with his lack of grammar, but he DOESNT CARE, and gets QUITE ANGRY when you try to correct him too much. So you simply DONT.

CG: UH, OKAY? ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
CE: Нет, you learn in due time. Just get to showing. No worry, I be there so you safe.
CG: WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO WORRY ABOUT. WHOS OUT TO GET ME?
CE: НЕТ! No one out get you! Shhh. I tell you it fine. Even if someone looking for you, which no one is, I trained very well! You no need worry, you worry more about death from me then anything else when around me. I more likely to kill you than anything else.
CG: OH YEAH THAT MAKES ME FEEL SAFE.
CE: it will )))))
CG: I HATE HOW OMINOUS YOU CAN FUCKING BE.

You stop trolling him and turn your attention back to Nepeta. She seemed to have went off about how she could get everyone else to come along because she knew most of them were already considering it, but didn't decide yet. Typical, really.

CG: YES, IM COMING, THIS SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING I WANT TO WITNESS. AND YEAH, WHY THE FUCK NOT BRING EVERYONE ELSE ALONG? THIS ISNT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY DAY.
AC: :33< really? purrfect! no going back on your word this time, karkitty!
CG: YEAH YEAH, WHATEVER.

So it's settled. Whatever happens today, if you die, at least you die with your friends. You can't tell if you rather die first or they do, but honestly you really rather NO ONE dies. Your train of thought breaks as Sollux Trolls you again.

TA: okay 2o what the fuck ii2 he planniing. ii know you never wiilliingly come out two 2ee u2 thii2 ea2iily, even liike a day liike thii2.
CG: I TOLD YOU ALREADY, I DONT FUCKING KNOW!!! I RATHER NOT FUCKING GO, BUT THETTA WANTS ME TO. HE DOESNT DO A GOOD JOB NOT MAKING ME NERVOUS ABOUT IT, BUT HE SAYS HE WILL BE THERE. ANY TIME HES SENT ME SOMEWHERE HE HAS NEVER BEEN THERE HIMSELF, HE SAID IT WOULD BE TOO DANGEROUS.
TA: ii don't have a good feeliing about thii2. at all.
CG: ME EITHER, BUT I TRUST HIM SO FAR.
TA: 2o far?
CG: YEAH. GOD KNOWS WHAT HES UP TO, BUT HE SEEMS FRIENDLY. ITS THE FIRST TIME WE WILL SEE EACH OTHER AND HES MAKING ME BRING ALL OF YOU AS WELL, SO I SEE NO REASON TO BE AFRAID REALLY. PLUS IF I DIE, I DIE WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO ABOUT IT? HE SAID HIMSELF, WHEN IM AROUND HIM THE BIGGEST THREAT TO ME IS HIM MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE.
TA: wow you really have no fear rn do you kk? alriight ii gue22 ii can be okay wiith thii2. iill come two ju2t iin ca2e anythiing bad happen2.
CG: UH HUH, OKAY, SURE. WHATEVER YOU SAY.
TA: ii can 2en2e your want two make fun of my lii2p and iif you do ii wiill kiill you. don't you dare.
CG: CHILL, I DONT WANNA DIE THAT BADLY TODAY
TA: twoday.
CG: LISTEN, I JUST WANT TO AVOID TALKING TO EVERYONE ELSE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I GET THERE. IM NOT IN THE MOOD. I ASSUME YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY TAKING CARE OF GETTING EVERYONE TO COME. AND BY YOU GUYS I MEAN YOU AND NEP.
TA: yeah we are. you go get ready bc ii know you take forever.
CG: OH SHUT UP, YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO CAREFUL WITH GETTING READY.
TA: you 2ound liike you're getting ready for a date every tiime you leave the hou2e
CG: I HAVE TO LOOK DECENT FOR MYSELF.
TA: well at lea2t you have 2ome 2tandard2
CG: UNLIKE YOU
TA: liie2. bla2tphamy. ii can't beliieve iim beiing attacked liike thii2.
CG: HAH.

You close your computer and move it beside you and groan as you force yourself up from your comfy little nest. Walking up to a window, you take some time to appreciate how better things look under the moonlight. Though it helps that the city lights make things more colourful. Your view of the city from your current window is obscured by the hives of two others. Everyone tends to keep to themselves around here, especially you. Though you do live in a high-density area of lowbloods, from Reds to Yellows they are mostly packed in this small area of city. Mostly the lower lower class ones. You find the class system very confusing and not right. Despite the fact that you're probably surrounded by trolls sort of like you, you dare not take any chances of that sort. It's bad enough you have one friend for every colour in the hemospectrum, not including Thetta because you don't count him as really part of the group, seeing as you- and now Sollux- are the only people that know about him. But soon you guess everyone will know him. Now that you think about that, the unevenness of your friends now bugs you. You aren't fond of it, but you can't do anything about it.

A neon sign catches your eye from the fairly narrow strip you can see past the houses. There's lots of signs like that in this area. Although the buildings may look bleak themselves, the signs are often lit up brightly. It hurts your eyes sometimes, because the colours used are the colours usually associated with the high and mid bloods. It can look really nice, but you find it's more of a reminder that you're stuck in a place that wants to kill you for who you are. There's bright reds too, though that colour is associated with the empire. You find that quite ironic. Speaking of empire, now that you're on the subject, it's getting ready for a big reveal for this supposed object that will take us to new heights, outside of the galaxy. Trolls practically own this one, so the only next logical step is out there. They weren't suppose to be revealing it so soon, but it came a few weeks early. You start to space out as you think about all this. Thetta was pretty stressed, you could tell because his rants were shorter and made even less sense at times. You assume it's stress, it makes sense if it were that. You are dying to know what Thetta is planning. You can't wait to know- and once you see him you can know. Which reminds you, you should be getting ready, NOT staring out your damn window. Lucky for you, you have a pile of clothes right there to choose from.

Getting dressed was never hard for you, as all your clothes are basically the same. A dark shirt no one sees, a big grey sweater, pants, all that fun stuff and you're ready to go. Maybe after you brush your hair a little- you also should brush your teeth, shouldn't you? What about something to eat? You just woke up, and if you're gonna die, you rather die on a full stomach. You realize it's been a few hours and you still haven't left yet, but any last minute things shouldn't be important. You hope.

Saying goodbye to your lusus, you FINALLY leave the hive, only to realize you forgot your grubtop. Seeing as all your friends will be there with you, you say it's safe to say to won't be needing it. You decide to just keep on walking, you want to get there early so you can meet up with Thetta, you're eager to find out more now that he wants to meet you face to face.

You find that all your walks you take, you don't quite remember them. You assume it's because your part of the city is almost dream-like. You figure that HAS to be on purpose, no way it couldn't be. Make it look nice, and you keep the oppressed masses at bay- or something stupid like that. It pretty much works on you, right? It does look really nice when you look at it a certain way, and ignore everything, but isn't that how everything works? You just blur the picture a little and it looks pretty. It's like someone with glasses taking them off and looking at street lights. You can't see them as well, but somehow it just looks BETTER. Perhaps that's just the nature of things you suppose, no reason to really ponder it that much, it just simply is.

When you come back down to alternia from your thoughts, you find you don't actually know where you are... It appears to be a dense shopping district, the streets and sidewalks were busy with all sorts of life. A lot of the traffic was going northbound, so you can only assume that's where the showing is. You now regret not asking where it was, as you never really payed attention to that, not really thinking you would need too. But here you are now, lost and surrounded by strangers. Luckily for you, you are very sure that all the traffic going northwards is going to the showing. After all, only the high bloods, rich trolls, and the highly educated can drive, and the rest either walk or take public transport. You prefer to walk, as you hate being trapped in small spaces. It terrifies you and makes you feel paranoid as hell, and you don't need that right now, that's the last thing you need.

Your suspicions were right, the traffic lead you right to the showing, which was inside a huge colosseum. It looked a little intimidating- scratch that, VERY intimidating. Trolls never were good with NICE LOOKING buildings, only STRUDY, CREEPY, and DARK ones. You DONT LIKE IT. BUT you do like that you think you spotted Thetta. He was the only one who looked like he was enjoying taking all of this in. He also looked lost- and he wasn't wearing something you would commonly see... and now that you're getting closer, you can see that his appearance is a little different too. His ears aren't that common among trolls, you know that. Big and floppy- you think your friend TAVROS May have ears like those, but you aren't sure, you've only heard from Gamzee what he looked like. You're sure Tavros is just as nice as Gamzee has told you, he seems nice enough in text, even though he's A BIT OF A PUSH OVER. Unlike Thetta, who you are walking towards still.

You take some more time to quickly take in what your odd friend looks like. His figure was pretty obscured because of the huge poncho he wore, but that didn't stop you from knowing it was him. He had two sets of horns, both curling towards the back of his head. When you thought about it, it sort of reminded you of a picture of an atom for some reason. Though his horns seemed to touch when they curled in, seemingly they grew that way, and not nicely because all four points were still pointing at the back of his skull. You now know why he says he has issues with his horns, you cannot imagine all the struggles those suckers might give him, especially while sleeping. When you get close enough to him where he notices you, you notice something that you think might be a tail, but you aren't sure, because if he does have one, he's hiding it right now. As far as you know, Trolls do not have tails. He smiles widely when he sees you, almost as if he as seen you before, and is just really happy to see you once more. There's not many people lingering outside, as the crowd was slowly thinning as you two walked towards each other.

"КАРКАТ!"
You hear him shout excitedly at you as he calmly rushes up to you and gives you a big, quick hug before grabbing your face and greeting you a little too personally for your tastes by giving a kiss on each cheek. You never did like how friendly and open he was, and now this is worse. You push Thetta away with a hiss and rub your cheeks, glaring at him. He was quite tall, and that goofy smile of his didn't even fade when you got angry at him.

"DONT FUCKING DO THAT- THATS TOO FUCKING CLOSE- BACK THE FUCK OFF A LITTLE."

"Да, sorry my friend! I get little too excite to see you!"
He laughs sheepishly and rubs his hands, looking around with a little bit of nervousness to his face.
"It really nice see you, but I afraid we need move quickly. Come come, I explain all in due time."
He took your arm and slid it down to your hand as he lead you inside of the building, letting go once he knew you were following.

"IM GETTING REAL ANNOYED NOW..."

"I know, I KNOW, but I really mean when I say I no able tell, you know."

"YOUR GRAMMAR KEEPS GETTING WORSE, YOU SEEM STRESSED"

"Да, да, shhh.. follow."
He puts a finger to your mouth for a second before leading you through the lobby, leading you down to some of the better seats, seats they shouldn't be near. You really do not like any of this, it feels weird. It looked fancy for troll standards, certainly somewhere you wouldn't normally go. Trolls that passed you both down the hallway gave you dirty looks, but you tried to ignore it. After all, you're with him right now, and he said the biggest threat to you was him.

You came to the area with the seats, which seemed to be one of the top floors with seats near the ledge. He stopped and pointed to a small group sitting by the first seats. You could tell from their horns that it's your friends. You must have taken longer than you thought. Much longer.
"There, you friends over there. I no join you right now, but you know me when you see me."

"WAIT- WHAT! YOU CANT JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THAT!!!!"
You were almost offended by that, very offended! Thetta pats your face with his hands and smiles at you calmly.

"Каркат, Каркот... Shh- it okay, I be back. Today VERY important! Very important. I need you to listen to me, okay? If this all work you know everything."

"WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN IF?"
You do NOT feel calm. This is NOT OKAY.

Through all this, Sollux seemed to hear you. Not that it's hard, because you are VERY LOUD and have a VERY RECOGNIZABLE VOICE. He saw you talking with this STRANGER, and knew exactly who it was. You didn't realize he was HEADING THIS WAY until it was too late. Thetta opened his mouth to talk, but looked above you, and then you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"who the fuck are you? you that Thetta guy kk told me about?"
He frowned at Thetta and had a snear on his face. Thetta just gave him a smile and a friendly little wave.

"Да! I am! I hope we get acquainted soon, but I need go now! Рока!"
And with that, he scampered off. Sollux took his hand off you and watched him run off before looking down at you. This is the first time you saw him in person, as you don't leave the house very often, but he's just as you expected. Tall and lanky, and in baggy clothes that make him look a little bigger than he is.

"ii don't liike hiim."

"YOU DONT LIKE MANY PEOPLE, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HIM!"

"do you?"

"MORE THAN FUCKING YOU!"
You huff and he rolls his head before gently putting a hand on your shoulder and pulling you towards where the others were for a second so you would follow, you do.

"whatever. ii ju2t hope you know what you're doiing."

"BARELY."

"that2 why ii 2aiid hope. ii know you're cluele22."

When you both sat down, the lights dimmed, and the loud chatter slowed to a hush. In the middle of the colosseum there was something VERY large under a tarp. You are so distracted about what you realized that you didn't hear your friends trying to whisper hello.
Under the tarp was a ship. A ship that can take a small crew of people to the next galaxy over. And Thetta is going after that ship, and he is making you and your friends get on that ship. You are terrified.

A spotlight comes on with a click, shining down on the Queen herself. You cannot he possibly more scared anymore, this day has just gotten A LOT WORSE. Your heart drops and your chest aches, this is the worst day of your life. Everyone is fixated on her as she struts around the tarp, talking about how this is the ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND and will be FOR A VERY LONG TIME. They all stared in awe with baited breaths, waiting for her to reveal what it looks like, and what it is. Although you already know what it is, and you are right. As she rips the tarp off with her MIND POWERS that are the MOST POWERFUL OF ALL OTHER TROLLS, a spotlight is shone on the now big, shiny interstellar ship that is going to go into the cosmos, far away from any other trolls. And you are going to be on that ship, you can already tell.

All the lights flicker off as a deafening explosion is heard, followed by some crumbling of the colosseum. The sky roared with the sound of screaming and more explosions. Trolls panicked and rushed to get out, everyone pushing each other over as they panicked. Your first reaction wasn't to look for a way out, but to stay put and look for Thetta. It seems like Sollux was the same way, as you were the only two who didn't run away right away. Sollux spotted him and pointed him out to you with a shocked expression, one almost filled with absolute fear. He was booking it to the ship after THROWING THE RULER THROUGH A WALL. You notice now that he DOES IN FACT HAVE A TAIL. Your friends gather around in awe as they catch glimpse of what you both were starting at. As he reached the ship there was another explosion that shook the whole building, making the railing crumble before you. You step back, waiting for instructions by him. None come. The Queen is up and getting ready to kick his ass and he doesn't even bring attention to you. The building isn't even close to empty yet, you can hear nothing but screaming and it's hurting your head. Sollux tightly grabs your arm as Thetta slaps something into the outside of the ship that seemed to turn it on, fleeing instantly as a huge chunk of building was thrown at him. What seemed to be trolls more like Thetta dressed in what you assume are military grade garbs came busting in, helping your Russian friend with the deadly threat that was out to murder him. You can barely make out the fight that ensued as the ship starts to take off with no one in it.

"okay we are all gonna have two jump ontwo that 2hiip-"
Sollux kept his eyes on the ship as it made maneuvers to come around where you are, a door open. He holds your arm tightly and takes someone else's hand randomly, everyone else hesitantly linking hands before making a run for it and jumping into the ship as it passed by quickly. Luckily everyone made it safely inside before the door shut and sealed itself, shooting off into the sky, and off to another galaxy, all of you trapped inside with no idea what's going on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40 0 10
[HumanStuck] Eridan has crossed the line. His attitude isn't acceptable anymore, and he understands it when each of his friends blocks him on the net...
78.2K 2.8K 30
Solkat Karkat Vantas just moved into a new town along with his brother Kankri and Porrim. He has this internet friend he likes to open up with but he...
13.9K 503 21
{Humanstuck} Gamzee is on the verge of being thrown into a mental asylum. To stop that from happening, he opts to have a caretaker instead. Tavros, a...
2.6K 93 12
Your name is Gamzee Makara, you get into fights, like to play childish pranks on your moirail Karkat and sometimes, every so often, you like to kill...