HIATUS! Enigma | Detective Co...

By FUJI_SEN

She was an Enigma and she knew it. Senki had many names and titles, many talents and faults, yet she has too... More

NOTE
Warnings and Legends
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story!
Chapter 3: Gas Fees
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5: A brush with the Black Organization
Chapter 6: Brief return of the Great Detective
Chapter 8: Really not my day
Chapter 9: P n A
Chapter 10: Chocolates
Chapter 11: Valentine's
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14 : Full Moon Night
Chapter 15 : Buttocks Mark
Chapter 16 :
Chapter 17 : Black Impact!
Chapter 18 : Beanie
Chapter 19: Hondou Eisuke
Chapter 20 : Kir
Chapter 21 : Raiha Pass
Chapter 22 : Okiya Subaru
Chapter 23 : Yurie Shiratori
Chapter 24 : Memories
Chapter 25 : The fairy from the past
Chapter 26 : Only Human
Chapter 27 : Brewing of a storm.
Chapter 28: The Party
Updated Question!
New Description!
Chapter 29 : Wounded
Chapter 30 : Revelation
NOTICE

Chapter 7: Arcade Mania

723 28 1
By FUJI_SEN

Outfit of the Day:

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*
Episode 226:
The Battle Game Trap
(Part 1)
Episode 227:
The Battle Game Trap
(Part 2)
*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

"I know a place Sonoko likes wouldn't be to bad" Ran said. We were currently in an arcade called Game on Game. I tagged along since Conan begged me saying how he'll get bored or they'll get into some sort of problem.

"Well atleast Floof is with Haibara" I shrugged looking at the picture with Conan as a Hobo I think. I grinned as I got a copy. Conan glared at me as I stuck my tongue out.

"Right right? This place is far from school so not many people know about this place" Sonoko said. "Look! We can take a wedding photo" Ran said as we turned to a white booth.

"No way. that wasn't there yesterday." Sonoko said. Ran took a peek and said "Its so cute! We should take one together.". Sonoko quickly pulled her out "W-w-wait a second! We can take pictures seperately as well and with different looks."

"Sonoko.. I get it Sonoko... you want to give a photo to kyougoku-san, dont you?" Ran said with a knowing look. Sonoko blushed. I shrugged and went into the booth, I rather take a picture than be in a boy talk.

I smiled for the camera. As I got out I took the photo. Damn I look cute! I got a few copies and a digital copy in my phone. I put the photos in my jacket's pockets.

{Credits to rightful artist or Ownee}

I arrived back to see they were still talking about Boys, this time though it was Araide-san. "But its sad, araide-sensei has been busy since he quit as the basketball coach and joined the drama club" Sonoko said.

"And without Shinichi-kun, Sensei is the mosy popular person in school!" She added. "Oh Sonoko thats right. The new teacher Jodie is popular too" Ran said and continued but I didnt listen.

I froze. 'Why is Jodie here? As an English Teacher? No she has other plans.. they must have tracked the Black Organization here.. then that means... He might come' I paled. I looked down to see Conan tugged at my Pants. 'I cant. I cant see him yet, Im not ready! I dont want him to find me.. how long has it been..?'

"I have to go hom-" before I could continue I heard her voice "Hey, Come on!". Ran and Sonoko turned, I slowly turned and my eyes widened as I saw her.

She was playing a shooting game, just like what we used to do.

"Come on Sen-chan!" She called. "Lets play this game next!" pointing at a shooting game. I nodded, we walked towards and inserted our coins. "Lets make a bet" I added smirking. "Oh~ What kind of bet? Sounds fun" she said as she tapped ready. "The one with the lower points treat the other to ice cream?" I suggested. "Deal."

3...

2...

1...

Go!

We grabbed the gun and started shooting. People crowded over us. I didn't pay attention, As the game ended we tied. "Well still up for ice cream?" I asked. "Of course" she answered blowing the toy gun like it was actually smoking.

We walked out the store. "How are y-"

I shook my head out of those memories. Suddenly before I could hide, Ran and Sonoko called "Jodie-Sensei?", "Ah Mouri-san, Suzuki-san" She called as I ducked behind them.

"Huh? Sensei?"
"Hey, aren't those Teitan Uniforms?"
"She's a high school teacher?"
"No way!"

"No no no no, you've got the wrong person" Jodie said. "Ey Senki-chan why are you hiding?" before I could answer Ran pulled me, as I stumble we met eye contact. Her eyes widened just like I did before.

I smiled weakly, avoiding eye contact. "Two-faced?" she said in English. I flinched, Conan seemed suspicious as his eyes narrowed.

"Lets have a seat" I said awkwardly. And So we did and I just blanked out. 'I need to get out of here fast, and maybe die in a hole'

I just followed quietly as Ran played a game for a bit. Suddenly a hand was on my shoulder. I turned to see Jodie giving me a small smile. "Let's play like the old days" she said pointing with her thumb on a racing game. "You make us sound old" I lightly joked.

We sat next to each other and inserted a token. The game start. Jodie started slow but me, I hit the gas and drove fast. In seconds I was in first place as Jodie in 2nd. "Wow! You two are amazing!" Sonoko said. Ran seemed to turn to watch a game.

As I finished the game still first with Jodie of course Second could hear a booming mechanic voice "Draw!". The crowd seemed to complain.

"Hey whats up with him?"

I heard small footsteps it was Conan's. He ran up to the arrogant man from before, his eyes seemed to widen. I stood up from my seat and took a closer look.

"Ran call the police, no need for an ambulace, this guy is already dead" I announced. "Everybody remain calm and dont even think about setting near the exit before police arrives. Do so and we will regard you as a suspect" I said loudly. Everyone who tried to left stop.

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

"Eh? Someone died battling in a game?" Megure-keibu repeated perplexed. "Is that true?" Hakurou appeared asking. "Yes" Ran answered. "We were all watching the fight as it happened on this big screen" Sonoko piped up.

"Right when he was about to win he stopped moving" Ran explained. "Such a waste he also ended up at a dra-" I frozed as I grinned. I solve one mystery now for the rest. 'Where is the murder weapon?' I asked looking around.

"and after checking the body, you discovered he was dead?" He asked. "The victim is Bitou Kengo-san, Age 21" Takagi informed. "Unemployed and has a bad reputation in this game center" Hakurou added. "I see so he yas enemies here" Megure-keibu concluded.

"Ah Mouri-san do you know him?" Jodie asked. I looked around the arcade. "Yes, hes my Dad's old partner" Ran answered, "This is my Highschool's English teacher Jodie-sensei" She introduced.

I chuckled 'Jodie a sensei..pfft'

"English teacher?" Megure-keibu asked. "Yes. My name is Jodie Saintemillion. Its nice to meet you" She greeted. "My name is Juuzou Megure. I am Japanese Poriceman" He said.

"Porice?" She repeated as she moved her finger saying he said it wrong. "Its not poriceman its policeman" Jodie corrected. "Poriceman?"

"no no no no no Its policeman, ok?" She corrected again. "Inspector.." Takagi called out. Megure-keibu snapped out of it as he coughed saying "Anyways, the problem is how he died playing a game"

"The witnesses said that no one entered the game center or got near the victim during the match" Hakurou said turning to the audience who nodded. "Bitou-san couldn't have ate anything during the game, so suicide is ruled out" Takagi said.

"But why is he wearing stuff like this just to play a game?" Megure-keibu asked. The employee from before who I forgot explained "Its a virtual reality game. When hit by the opponent, the player feels pain in the impacted area"

"The player feels pain?" The inspector asked. "Yeah, when your hit by the opponent you'll feel pain. This causes the players arms and legs to move. Making the fight seem real"

"Could it be? He died from the pain" Megure-keibu seemed to realized. "Thats just not possible. Even though it's pain, its still only a mild vibration" A man said. 'Who's that?' I shrugged.

"And you are?" Hakurou asked narrowing his eyes. "I'm the one that was fighting against him in the game before he died. This shouldn't make me a murder suspect. I was the one who lost" He said.

"You didnt lose, it was a draw" I said grinning like an Idiot. "I only got a few hits in at him" He said as he used his two fingers to pull out gum and push it back into his mouth. I crunched my nose in disgust. "I even lost while chewing my special gum" he added.

"Is that true?" Megure-keibu asked. "Yes he was losing the entire match" Ran answered. "We still dont know how he died, right?" Megure-keibu asked.

"Poisoned" I answered as I nudged to Conan. "Look, he looks like died due to suffocation but there are no marks on his neck." Conan said. "But Conan he didnt die due to the game and he didnt drank or ate anything while playing the game" Megure-keibu commented.

"Easy. It was injected to him" I answered. "Wouldn't he have been angry with whoever had done that?" Megure-keibu laughed. I sighed and said "But Inspector, your forgetting something. This is a game center. Its quiet right now because the games are off, but usually its very loud in here. And not to mention his hands and feet are bound to the chair Usually its very dark in here so the games can be seen properly."

"I see, the victim wouldn't be able to yell for help even if he was attacked" Megure-keibu considered. "And if everyone was looking at the screen. He could have been poisoned" Takagi said. "Alright. Order an Autopsy immedietly and find the cause of death." Megure-keibu ordered.

"First find the suspects" Megure-keibu said. "But how are we going to find suspects with so many people here?" Takagi asked. "I know everyone that was near the victim" Conan said and pointed the people out.

"That young store employee, that tall man and with the five of us that's seven people. Right Jodie-sensei?" Conan asked. "Oh, yes but we werent the only ones to see everything. That did as well" She turned to the surveillance camera on the ceiling.

"The security camera?"
"Was that Camera recording at the time?" Hakurou asked. "Yes" the employee answered. "Then can we take you seven to watch the tape?" Megure-keibu asked us the suspects. "Sure.. Come on this way" The employee said leading the way as we followed.

I stopped my steps as I listened. Somethings scratching the floor but what. The sound stop as someone bumped into me. I turned to see the tall man from before. "Im sorry" I said quickly. He ignored me and continued.. and so did something else.

Nothing much happened but heres the summary.

The Employee is called Dejima. Me and Jodie-sense were ruled out since we were driving the game during the suspected murder. Another suspect was found too, the old man playing mahjong. All three male suspects has a motive. The Old man had been insulted or taunted by the victim. The one with the weird chewing gum habit is that the victim is the boyfriend of his sister. The employee lose to the victim and his title as Beikas Best gamer was taken.

"Inspector we found traces of poison in the victim's blood" an officer appeared. "what?" Megure-keibu asked. "The poison was Tetrodotoxin. It entered through the right arm."

"Tetrodotoxin, TTX for short. Even just half of a miligram to one miligram can prove fatal. If ingested, the fugu fish's poison works its way through the bloodstream slowlt, giving the victim a chance to survive. But if its directly injected, it means instant death. The End" Jodie said as everyone stared at her. "Thats what I know if you have a detective maniac like Sen-ki-chan~" She sang as she put an arm around my shoulders.

"Let's go back and look for clues at the scene." Megure-keibu said. Takagi and Hakurou went out first. "Is everybody ok with that?" Megure-keibu asked. "right.."

As everybody started to move I heard it again. And by the looks of it so did Conan. This is gonna he easy, sorry Conan. First to understand first to Solve.

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

"Alright we need everyone to submit themselves to-"

"No need Megure-keibu" I said. "Eh? Dont tell me you already solve it" He said amazed or was it shock.

"Let's rule out the possible suspects. The victim was injected from the right side." I said. "So The old man isn't responsible" I answered leaning on the Race car game booth's chair. "Although Dejima-san talked to him before the battle. He didn't kill him because Shimizu-san spoke with the victim afterwards"

"And since me and Jodie were against each other and we were out of arm's reach from him, were out" I explained. "Then the only remaining one.." Hakurou trailed off looking at Shimizu-san the tall guy.

"The one that hated the victim. Shimizu-san" I said and everyone turned to the man.

"You're the one!"

"What are you talking about girl?" He chuckled nervous hidden in his voice. "Didn't everyone see me lose the battle? How could I have killed him despite that?" He asked. "You didnt have to, Stop with the act while you still can."

"What?" He asked aggravated.

"Ran, Officer... lets see ah how about Hakurou" I called. "Come here. I want you to be my Test subjects" They came closer as I whispered the plan.

ೋ❀ೋ═ 3rd Person's POV ═ೋ❀ೋ

Whispers were heard. Ran and Hakurou nodded as they took a seat at the game booths. The screen was dark and the big screen light up.

"What's this? the police are taking orders from a lady?" Shimizu mocked. "If Im just a lady then there's nothing to be afraid off.. right?" Senki asked walking closer with a Ghost's smile on my face.

*Ding Ding

"The game has started. Lets watch" Senki announced turning quickly.

The gane started the male avatar started trashing the woman avatar. Everybody was amazed yet displeased. "Isn't that guy being rough with that girl?" An audience asked. "Isn't he an officer?" Another inquired.

Megure-keibu whispered to the officer "Hey, Hakurou-san take it easy". With the final hit the victor was chosen. Everybody gasped as K.O appeared. "That was merciless."

"Hakurou-san, I know your competitive but..you were playing to hard this time" Megure-keibu said he raised the helmet, showing that the officer was blindfolded.

"Not let me explain before people badmouth the police. Officer Hakurou choose the Female Avatar and lost to Ms. Mouri-san who choose the male Character" She loudly stated. "Its a mind trick" Hakurou said standing up as he and Ran shook hands.

"Exactly. A natural impression. Everyone expected Ran to be a female avatar and Hakurou-san to choose a male avatar. But infact its the opposite. We thought Bitou-san choose Beika Caesar and that Shimizu-san choose Haido Lucas. And just like now it was actually.. the opposite" I explained. "Since this game doesnt have a hit-point gauge. Its hard to tell who is playing which avatar. So if the players are switched no one would notice." She added smirking.

"Then you mean Bitou-san's was changed?" Megure-keibu asked. "Yeah,after being attacked by Shimizu-san and his needle. He either died or fainted. Tetrodotoxin is known to cause instant paralysis. Even if he didnt faint. He wouldnt be able to move" She added again.

"But wait, if he were poisoned before the fight wouldn't the crowd notice?" Megure-keibu asked. "No, I dont think so. When I was playing the game, I didnt actually use any strenght and let the machine move my body" Hakurou commented. "The game chair's chest guard kept my body in place."

"Bingo~ that was the trick Shimizu-san made. Before the battle you went over to Bitou-san and pricked him under his arm. While Bitou-san was feeling the effects, the game was starting.. A battle where the victim would be Lucas. After doing this you ran over to your game and picked Bitou-san character Beika Caesar before pressing O.K." Senki deduced.

"This way the crowd would thinm that you were the one being beaten by the victim. The reason he didnt deliver the final blow is because if he K.O. we'd see on their screens differently. For example if he made that mistake, on his screen it'd show Win and on Bitou-san it'd show lose and the Audience would have notice."

"What about the weapon?" He asked mocking Senki.

"I was waiting for you to ask. Check Mate" She said the atmosphere changed for Shimizu. It was heavy and he felt a heavy pressure above him. Looking at Senki she was smiling yet a shadowed form above her mouth.

Suddenly as the words left her mouth the atmosphere slowly changed "The weapon is walking all around us" She said. She turned to Dejima who seemed to fliched, "Dejima-san do me a favor and look at the soles of you shoes" She kindly asked. He raised his left and nothing and his right where a gum wrap was seen.

"Right, Shimizu-san kindly placed the needle in a cigarette. Kept it there with gum and made it stick to thhe gum wrapper." She sang. Hakurou peeled it off with a bit look of disgust. "He then placed it on the floor. It didn't matter to him who stepped on it really" She shrugged.

"He most likely placed it on the floor earlier when he said he picked up his lighter." Hakurou added. "I see, if we can find Shimizu-san fingerprints then we have our evidence" Megure-keibu said.

"Your reasonning has impressed me but you see that Tobacco and Gum are different from mine" Shimizu-san said. "Is that true?" Megure-keibu asked. "Yeah, someone must be trying to set me up" he said. "You can test for my fingerprints but you wont find anything" He mockingly added.

"I see. It's that all you have to say for your defense?" Senki asked and chuckled. Giving a close eyed smile she uttered two words,

"How Weak"

"You likely took the cigarette and gum from an ash tray. The only reason you chewed gum was in case if they found the method. Smart thinking but with me here, its guaranteed you'll lose.He wouldnt leave fingerprints sadly since he most likely held it between his fingers. And to remove it from the box he'd just have to give it a little squeeze. But what about the coin?" She asked.

Shimizu frozed. "Dejima-san sorry to bother but could you open the coin box?" she asked nicely. Dejima nodded and pulled out his key as he started to unlock the coin box. "There should be three 100- yen coins now. Since you removed the coins from Bitou-san's machine earlier.Please check the amout of coins" She softly added.

Dejima nodded. He pulled the box "Its true. She's right" he exclaimed pulling the box that indeed had only three coins. "Seems that way" Megure-keibu said. "There should be one coin from Bitou-san, And another from when Hakurou-san played and last the third, used for the killer's trick" Senki said.

"So, Shimizu-san I know the third coin has your fingerprints on it. What now?" Senki asked. "But how will we know for sure?" Megure-keibu inquired. "It has to be. Shimizu-san didnt know the coins were collected earlier. Since he didn't have a chance to wear gloves his fingerprints are on that coin. Without gloves he couldn't cover his fingerprints."

"My fingerprints are there" he confessed "because I tightly gripped that 100-yen coin... As that was my last game"

"Last game?"

"Yes, I was saying Goodbye to games and that guy.Its for my sister who's going blind... " Shimizu said. "She's going blind?" Takagi asked.

"Do you know why she's going blind?Its due to the lack of Vitamin A. Its hard to believe, to pay off that guy's huge amount of gambling debts. She worked for an entire month and hardly ate. Even after that guy joined a gang. She still didnt leave him."

"So you wanted to play the Victim in one last game?" Megure-keibu asked. "That guy said if I beat him at that gane he would leave my sister alone.. I tried my best to beat him as Haido Kucas but I couldnt beat him" Shimizu confessed.

"So that's why.." Megure-keibu trailed off. "Yeah. But now I regret doing it. Because now that Beika Caesar is gone... I'll never have a chance to beat him."

ೋ❀❀ೋ═══ • ═══ೋ❀❀ೋ

"Oh that was impressive once again Sen-ki~" Jodie sang as the group walked off in the night. "You were really cool" Ran said. "You were like Kate Martin" Jodie added.

"Bye Sensei we have to go" Ran waved as Senki was about to follow them, Jodie put a hand on her shoulder and said "Lets meet up again, its been awhile"

"Sure.." She weakly smiled as she dashed off again, catching up to Conan and the others. Suddenly not noticing two pairs of her picture in a bride fell from her pockets in different directions.

One grabbed by Jodie and the other grabbed by Hakurou.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 3.2K 40
[OFFICIALLY DISCONTINUED AS OF AUGUST 4TH, 2017.] x + x "I promised to be by your side, even if you want me to go." She is no one - and she must be...
91.5K 2.5K 17
Omaga I love Assassination Classroom! Karma is bae~♡♡ You are a 15 year old youtuber, you love computers and your speciality is hacking. You...
10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
13.6K 390 14
♧︎☘︎︎The Mafia Leader & The Detective☘︎︎♧︎|OumaSai| ♧︎☘︎︎~~~~~~~~☘︎︎♧︎ D.I.C.E Mafia, a place of family built up by runaways, the misfits, the outcas...