The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 39

26.5K 970 65
By readergirl4343

After spending some time in the day room, chatting with Hadley and FaceTiming with my sisters who were constantly reminding me that they were missing me greatly, I headed back to my room.

Isla had been baking a batch of brownies, with Elizabeth's help of course, when I had called them.
Lizzy said Michaela, Ruby and Abbey had stopped by with a gift to give me that was in the mail currently, but they wouldn't budge on telling me what it was.

It was after dinner, and that would mean I had to be getting ready for bed.

I had been assigned a new room, as far from my old one as possible and with a whole new layout. Including a bathroom that continently looked totally different.

All my things from my old room had been moved across while we were all busy during the day.

A guard was stationed outside my room, specifically right outside my door, probably from Thomas's orders.

The guard watched me as I came over to him, to get to my door, and I think he was on high alert.
"Goodnight sir." I say as I pass and he gives me a nod in recognition.

As I unlock my door with my pin and push it open I breath in slowly. I look over to the guard briefly, who is eyeing me probably to make sure I don't go into shock again, before I turn and calmly shuffle into my room.

I start by locking the door after me, checking the balcony door is securely closed as well.
I go into the closet and change into my nightwear so I'm comfortable.

I crawl into bed, wrapping myself up tightly in the covers, and will myself to sleep.

✿✿✿

The hooded figure is back, but in the bathroom this time. I can't see him, but I know he's there, the feeling of his presence making my skin crawl.
Rough breathing slows from beyond the door and all of a sudden a knife plunges through the wall, appearing smeared in blood in front of me.

I'm standing by the door again, my heart racing and feet glued to the carpet. Holes jab over and over through from the bathroom until I can see more of the hooded figure than of any of the remaining door.
The figure slowly paces towards me, loud dragging feet and the breathing heavy in my ears.

I wanted to scream, to wake up from this nightmare, but I was stuck in darkness that felt real.

Until the figure lunged forward, jabbing the knife right into the heart of my chest.

Blood oozed from myself as I good down at my chest and the figure just repeated, Kill Yourself then cutting into more of my skin, Go to Hell.

✿✿✿

I scream, throwing myself up out my covers with my heart beating at over one hundred kilometres an hour.

I'm so startled I roll off the bed, having been close to the edge as I slept. Knowing me I was probably thrashing all over the place last night.

I groan as I fumble around on the floor, my feet caught on my blanket.

The door to my room is flung open, the guard outside wide eyed and on alert with his gun raised. I scream even louder this time at the intrusion.

I wrap my hands around myself, only now realising my attire now I'm not wrapped in sheets. A pair of underwear and a bralette are the only things I've got on.

The guard looks at me then immediately looks away, clearly not expecting to see me flailing half naked on the floor. He just thought I was in danger.

I yank the blanket up and over myself for some modesty.

The guard quickly lowers his gun and attaches it back against his belt. When I eventually meet his gaze his eyes are darting to anywhere else but me and his cheeks holds a little flush.

The guard clears his throat, standing straight, "I'm sorry Miss, I thought you were in danger. Is everything alright?"

I nod my head, now the only thing visible to him that pokes out of the blanket.
"I'm fine Officer, just a bad dream." I mumble and he nods silently.

He nods affirmatively.

"I'll be on my post outside if you need anything." The dark haired guard said professionally, before leaving the room and closing my door again behind him.

✿✿✿

From today, we had 2 days until the winter festival, and today I would start working on the cake that I would make, per Prince Thomas's request.
I also agreed to make some cupcakes, so I would be busy baking the next few days in the lead up to the event.

In my room I still avoid the bathroom, only getting what I needed from the closet. If I needed to use the toilet I went down the hall, and for showers I'd been given permission to use the rooms of the previous selected girls. I'd chosen to use one of the rooms that had a different layout to mine and the bathroom didn't look the same.

I change into a white, pink and purple flower covered day dress with some black strapped heels, with only a small elevation.
Riley had visited briefly and helped me prepare myself for the day and curled my hair before tying them in two, low pigtails.

I grabbed my phone, a few recipes and Pinterest inspiration pics saved to help me with my cake baking.
I quickly left my room, ensuring it was locked so nothing bad could happen again.

Then I see him, not even two steps away from the door. It's the guard, brown eyes and dark brown, short hair.
I know he sees me, I can feel his gaze burning into me as I move pass him to the corridor.

As I pass I sneak a peak his way and see the flash of the silver pin hitting the light on his jacket. Officer Helton.

I duck my head and quickly continue to the elevator.
I hurriedly move and am relieved once I'm alone behind closed doors.

Arriving to the kitchen I greet some of the kitchen staff who are preparing today's breakfast or other things for the winter festival.

I have my own bench again, set off to one side so not to disturb the other cooks who are milling around.

My Aunty, Cassandra, owns a sweets bakery back in Australia and my cousins loves having me over to bake with her. We make everything from doughnuts to cakes, cupcakes and a wide variety of slices.

I even remember when I was with my cousins, Will and Allie, who are twins and were 2 at the time, sprinting around the bakery with little 3 year old me as Cassandra tried to calm us down.

This kitchen is simple, and has labels on every tub so it's easy to locate things. I fetch my ingredients and pull up the recipe on my phone, preheating the oven before I begin.

As I whip together the wet and dry ingredients I begin to add hints of blue food colouring to give it a pale tint of colour. I combine all the ingredients and fold them into each other.

This mix is the bottom and second tiers of my cake, which will end up having 3 layers of varying sizes. After finishing my mix, putting it into 2 different pans and sliding it into the oven I move on to making my second batch of cake mixture.

3 cakes tiers and 2 batches of cupcakes later in done with the baking. All the decorating I will complete tomorrow.
Once everything is cooled completely I go to store them away.
I spray the cake tiers with a water syrup mixture to keep them moist, before wrapping them all in plastic wrap.

I scrawl Isabelle across the top of the wrap on the cake layers in fine black market to label them so they don't get lost and place them in the freezer.

With the cupcakes I place them all into a large Tupperware container and leave them on one side of the bench with a label stuck on.

As I leave the kitchens I smell the scent of potato and leek soup coming from a pot one of the cooks stirs.
I wave as I pass some of the other chefs and they all give me friendly smiles in return.

Outside the kitchen it opens out into a hallway, that leads all different directions, but I head for the day room.
As I entered I didn't see anyone, and went to turn around and look for the other girls when a familiar voice called out.

"Isabelle, down here." Harriet said.

I looked to see, past all the tables and chairs, that in one corner Harriet was in a huddle with the other selected girls.
Olive, Hadley, Yasmin, Lola, Harriet, Natasha and Daisy all sat in a circle on the carpet, a group of letters and packages scattered in the middle.

Harriet and Natasha moves to make a space in between them so I could fit in. I moved over to them and sat down, crossing my legs and leaning over to see what all this was about.

"You're just in time, we were opening all the mail that was delivered from our families." Daisy said as she and Lola pulled handfuls of letters and began sorting through them.

"This ones for you." Daisy handed one to Harriet and my friend tore into the envelope, eagerly reading over the writing.

Lola tapped me on the shoulder, "This is for you Isabelle." She handed me a letter with my name on the front.

The address was scribbled in Isla's handwriting and the border was lined with pink sparkle pen.
I quickly peel open the seal and find a folded piece of lined paper. I open it up and see it's separated into four different sections of handwriting.

Isabelle
I hope your well and safe. We haven't heard a lot lately. You did excellent with your violin playing at your event for the royals, I'm glad it was on TV. Makes you seem so perfect for being a princess.
I hope your nice to the royals and are getting along with the prince. At least you weren't sent home with the first lot. Your sisters are missing you.
- Mum

Mums message was short and straight to the point. She said my sisters missed me, not her, but she was never one to deal with feelings. I missed my mother, her homemade meals on weekends and her talks that set me straight again.

Isabelle
Miss you sweetheart, hope your doing well. You look so beautiful on the TV and I'm so proud of you. We all miss you greatly, even your mother. I know I want you home but it would mean it didn't work out, which I wouldn't want.
Enjoy your time and know I'm here if you need anything at all.
- Lots of love, Dad

I missed my dad, a lot. I wanted to hug him, be safe in his arms once more.

Bella
I miss you sooooo much. I wish you could come home. It's not fair, you get to be in a castle with a prince in pretty dresses. I wish I could be a princess too.
Bailey missed you, I can tell because he barks and sits by the door, waiting for you to come home.
Prince Thomas looks nice on TV, is he nice in real life? I hope so. And Princess Charlotte is so pretty too, I wish I could meet her.
- Love you so much, Isla

Isla was so sweet and cute. I missed my dog too, and I felt bad he was missing me. I wanted Isla to be a princess too, I wish she could experience my lifestyle too.

Izzy
First I want to say I miss you, so does everyone really, but so much it's painful. Sometimes I find myself wanting to go to your room to just talk, but remember you're not there.
But I know your happy over there, or at least I hope so, so I wouldn't want you to feel bad.
The royals seem nice, more lively with the guests.
You look so beautiful and I'm proud to be your sister, you're so lucky.
In other news, you know Noah right? From my uni? He asked me out 2 weeks ago and we have started dating. He's super nice, you'd like him.
Mums been a little stressed, she's used to having you here to help out. You really do so much for the family, there's something missing when your gone.
How's the prince going? Have you kissed? The last time the interviews were on you hadn't but that was a while ago.
Have you made many friends? Some of the other girls look nice, and I saw you chatting to some when the other royals visited.
I hope you're doing well and you're safe and feel happy with what your doing.
- Can't wait to see you, from your big sister who loves you dearly, Elizabeth

Elizabeth was the best sister I could ask for. I felt myself tearing up and as I looked around I saw a few of the other girls were crying too. Daisy was fully in tears as she sniffled, reading over her letter.

Lola gave out a few more letters and small packages to give people, and she grabbed the largest package.

"Hey, Izzy, this ones for you as well."

I grabbed it from her and saw it said,

Michaela, Ruby, Abbey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.5K 23
Ranked #12 in girlxgirl |03/23/20| Ranked #6 in Updates |08/20/20| Ranked #2 in kingsandqueens |3/20/22| Trapped inside castle walls, heiress Aless...
2.4K 59 21
The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite, and Prince Ethan Noah Schreave's time to make his decision is running out. His choice must be both...
24.6K 884 29
In a small little Kingdom, known as Rustenwood, there lived a royal family. Due to unfortunate circumstances, they only have one heir to the thrown...
The Selected By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

281K 11.9K 26
[COMPLETED] The royal palace was holding a competition choosing the most beautiful girls in the whole kingdom to compete. Their prize? Simple, they g...