THE SECOND HEROINE || extraor...

By LCVERYU

Oh Ara wakes up two weeks after the car accident that killed her parents. She continues to live her life with... More

THE SECOND HEROINE
prologue: voices
1: no memories
2: first day
3: lee dohwa
4: self-aware
5: jinmichae
6: explanations
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 1>
7: the manhwa world
8: eun danoh
9: the black hole in the middle of the air
10: explanations, again.
12: it's time for you to know
13: crown princess hyun seol
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 2>
14: what an eventful day
15: when realization hits you so hard
16: wait... what just happened?
17: our little moments, our new memories
18: the promises that are close to my heart
19: Danoh goes crazy and here I am falling for her fiancee
20: before Eun Danoh, there was Hyun Seol
21: the two girls with illnesses
< TAG! YOU'RE IT! >
22: a change of stage
23: the black knights
24: an old friend
25: the hyun reunion
26: the weird stage
27: finding haru
28. haru is here
29. your eyes tell
30. dohwa is aware
31. the little boy
32. the comfort in silence
33. a change of mind
34. the stage, version b
🌼NOT AN UPDATE! BUT PLS READ!🌼
🌼 PLEASE READ !! 🌼
35: let's hang out!
36: this looks really familiar
37: before summer break
38: some things never change

11: getting friendly

3.6K 142 33
By LCVERYU

It's been about 10 minutes since I saw the vision and here I am walking around the school's campus, the comic book in my hand. "Just what exactly did I see?" I whispered to myself as I tried to recall the vision.

"You will be the Crown Princess, don't worry, Seol," a familiar voice spoke up.

I sighed while shaking my head. "It's not like that, Danoh. I'm just... What about the Second Prince? What would he say when he finds out that I'm in the Queen Selection Process?"

Danoh was wearing those traditional clothing from back in the old days like the ones that Ms. Seo showed during her Korean History Class, and the short girl had mentioned something about Seol becoming the Crown Princess... Wait.

Who is Seol? And who was the Second Prince? What would be so wrong if he found out that Seol was part of that Selection thing?

I groaned in irritation and looked at the comic book in my hands. Then I opened it to the new page that was just drawn earlier by the Writer. It was a scene between Eun Danoh and Baek Kyung. The tall guy had told his fiancee that he doesn't want to marry a woman who is sick and wishes that she'd leave him alone. I glared at Kyung's manhwa version and muttered under my breath, "Why do you act so cold towards Danoh? Why can't you just tell her the truth of how you truly feel?"

Then I closed the comic book after reading Kyung and Danoh's recent stage. I wasn't sure why I suddenly felt so negative after reading it. Is it because I find Kyung annoying and cold-hearted towards Danoh or is it because Danoh has a heart condition and it somehow pains Kyung? Or... is there another reason for my negative feelings?

"Ugh... Why even bother, Ara? It is none of your busin-"

"So, you're still talking to yourself?

I turned around and saw Baek Kyung with one of his earphones in his ear. I raised my left eyebrow at him and asked, "What do you want, cold-hearted guy?"

"Cold-hearted guy? What? Is that a new nickname for me?"

"No, it's not new. It's been used a lot of times ever since we woke up in this comic book."

Kyung looks at me in confusion. "Woke up in this comic book? Are you and Dohwa reading a new one in the library? If so, then don't talk to me about it."

I glared at him and scoffed, "As if I'd share anything with you."

"Whatever," Kyung said and started to walk away.

Then out of nowhere the comic book disappeared out of my hands, making me frown. "Now, what should I do?" I asked myself as I looked around the area. 

Dohwa is busy learning that new song on his violin. I have no idea where Namju and Juda are at. I haven't seen Danoh since she walked out of the cafeteria, and Jimmichae could still be chasing after her. Gosh, the Writer needs to give me some new people to hang out with.

Then I looked over at Kyung, who is walking to the back of the school. "Should I, or should I not?"

"You know what, Writer. Who gives a damn!" I exclaimed out loud as I started to run to catch up to Baek Kyung.

"Why are you following me?" The black-haired guy asked as we entered the tennis court.

"I'm bored," I answered back as I watched Kyung take his tennis racket out of his sport bag.

Then Kyung looks at me and says, "Here. If you've got nothing to do, then practice with me."

"Wait, what now?"

"You heard me."

"But I have asthma, idiot."

"And? You chased after me a few minutes ago. Your lungs are not in pain are they?"

I sighed. "Touche. But technically, asthma doesn't work like that-" "Shut up and position yourself over there," Kyung cuts in while handing me his tennis racket.

I glared at him and grabbed his darn tennis racket. Then I walked to the other side of the court and stood in the left box. I watched as Kyung took another tennis racket from his sports bag and walked to the left box on his side. "Now, remember when we were in middle school?" Kyung spoke up.

"Dude... Are you trying to mock me right now?" I asked while gripping onto the tennis racket, my knuckles turning a little white.

Kyung furrows his eyebrows in confusion. Then he cringed and said, "Right, your memories are not yet back... Then, uh, just listen and watch me."

The tall guy walked over to my side of the court and stood in front of me. Then he taught me how to hold the tennis racket properly and how to swing it. It was kind of like badminton, but there are some foul moves that shouldn't be used. After another minute of doing a recap, Kyung grabbed a tennis ball from the side and went back to where he was positioned himself. Then he asked me, "Are you ready?"

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm ready!"

"YOU JUST LOST!" I shouted in surprise after swinging the tennis racket on time, hitting the tennis ball. The small, yellow ball shot past the side of Kyung's right leg, hitting the ground before he could hit it back. "YOU JUST LOST TO A GIRL!"

Then I stopped shouting when I saw Kyung's face. He had no expression. It was scary. Then I walked over towards him with his tennis racket in my hand. He had turned around, his back facing me. I thought he was going to at least yell at me like he does at Danoh, but he didn't. Instead, when I had called out to him, he turned around with a small smile on his face.

"Congratulations, Asthma Girl," he spoke up, surprising me. "You finally beat me at tennis."

"Um, you're not angry?" I asked, confusion laced in my tone and face.

Kyung chuckles, making my eyes go wide. "No, I'm not angry. Just a little surprised and disappointed in myself, but I'm glad that... Well, you got to do something sporty without your inhaler."

I smiled back and handed Kyung his tennis racket. "Thanks, I guess... You know what, Kyung?"

"What is it, Ara?"

"You're not too bad."

Kyung playfully rolled his eyes at me. "Gee, thanks."

I laughed at him and then I stopped. "Really, I mean it, Kyung... And you should smile more often."

"You should hang out with me more often then," Baek Kyung said right after.

I smirked at his words. "Are you not going to take that back, Mr. Baek?"

Kyung chuckles again. "No, I'm not going to take that back, Ms. Oh."

Then suddenly I felt something wet drop on top of my nose and just as I was about to look up, I heard a rumble of thunder from above. I jumped forwards, almost bumping into Kyung's chest.

"Come on," Kyung spoke up as he took a step back. "We should get inside before it starts to rain."

Then he takes his tennis racket back and places both of the rackets inside of his sports bag. After zipping it close, he looked back at me and asked, "Do you think I could borrow your notes in Science?"

"Well, that was random," I said while laughing. "Sure, just remind me later when we-"

I stopped mid-sentence when the rain started to pour down from the clouds. Then Kyung grabs my right hand and pulls me forward. We both started to run under the rain, back to the school's main entrance. We were already soaking wet when we reached the snack bar and the soccer field. Then just as we were about to make it to the front doors of Seulli, I heard the pages being flipped and I quickly held onto Kyung's hand before-

사작!

"It's Namju and Ara!"

"The Oh Cousins are here!"

My cousin and I walked out of a hallway and into the main hall of Seulli. I looked down at my school uniform and saw that it's all dried up. Then I looked outside the open doors of the main entrance and saw that it was sunny outside. I sighed in irritation and wished that the Writer wouldn't be so mean. I was walking a few feet behind Namju since he was walking a little bit faster than usual. Stage me sees Danoh and Saemi a few feet away and wonders what Saemi is up to after seeing Namju. Then I saw Danoh pushing Saemi forward towards my cousin and on cue Namju took a step to the side, making me catch the girl before she fell flat on her face. I helped her up and smiled at her. Then I walked away and stood beside Namju.

Stage me isn't friends with Saemi, but since the other girl has had a crush on Namju since kindergarten, Stage me wanted to be a little bit nicer to her even if she's annoyed by Barbie's wanna-be.

"I'll give you a chance," Namju spoke up, facing Danoh. "A chance to thank me."

I looked at Danoh and back at my cousin through my side-view. Then I saw that he wasn't exactly looking at her but at someone else. I looked around the area and saw Juda. That's when I instantly knew that we're all in another scene for the main lovers. I noticed how Danoh couldn't speak up since she isn't in control of herself.

"What?" Namju scoffs, making Stage me annoyed. "I can't hear you."

Then out of nowhere, Saemi comes back while saying, "Namju, I'm truly thankful! I'm thankful for your existence."

Then she continued one even after my cousin started to walk away. "You know how I feel right? Right, Namju? You do know right?"

And why is Stage me not following Namju?

"He probably does," Saemi says to her best friend, who still looks shocked at what has happened. "Danoh, I won't give up."

Stage me shook her head and just when I thought the stage would end, I had quietly walked to Juda. 

"You know, my cousin isn't that horrible," I told her, well Stage me did.

Then she looks at me and nervously nods her head. "I've gotta go. See you later, Juda~!" I exclaimed before walking off.

사작!

And the stage ended.

"I need to talk to Jimmichae."

published: 2 - 24 - 20

edited: -

words: 1787

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 19.8K 73
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
353K 17.2K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
713K 43.5K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC