Didn't Mean to Fall in Love

By AthenasAngel

Nicole Davidson is practically perfect. Unfortunately, her parents cannot see this and the pressure they put... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 11

56.6K 867 130
By AthenasAngel

After Kristen left I headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. While I was taking out some left over pizza I noticed the phone light was signaling a voicemail had been left. I pressed the button;

"Jake, Nicki... Is anyone home?" i heard my mom's voice asking. "Okay, well just so you two know, you're father and I had to go on a trip to the east coast - work crisis, we will be back in a couple days, money is in the drawer, call if you need anything." there was a pause and I was about to turn off the recording when I heard, "Oh and Jake, make sure your sister doesn't get into any trouble." my mom added. I smashed my finger on the off button. Really mom? Like really? She knew I would hear that! Jeez! I ignored it and angrily started chomping down on cold pizza. Three slices later I was back upstairs doing homework. 

What a fun life I know. Ugh I so don't care what the molecular structure of a carbon atom is! I decide to go downstairs and watch TV. The second I plop down on the couch with the remote I hear the garage door open. I wait for Jake to walk in - he's not alone. 

"I'll be right up." I hear him tell someone. I heard a gross girlish giggle and light footsteps up the stairs. Jake walked into the family room.

"Who's this one?" I asked with a knowing look. 

"Michelle." Jake said without a second thought. He grabbed a slice of pizza and sat next to me dropping his phone on the couch as well.

"Don't you have some - hmm - business to attend to?" I asked, leaning back on the couch.

"Ahh she can wait." he said.

"I don't get it Jake. You don't want me to have a boyfriend but you can have a million girlfriends." I said to him.

"If anything, you're exactly how Matt used to be." I continued, waiting for his reaction.

"That's the problem! Your boyfriend is too much like me." he paused, "No one just changes." He said, getting up from the couch without another look and disappearing up the stairs. Matt's not a player! He can't be. Ugh whatever!

Ten minutes later I was still watching TV but then some disturbing noises started to come from upstairs. Groans. Moans. Holy crap I didn't listen for any more before I grabbed my phone and ran out the door. Before, when Jake used to have his 'play dates' I would drive on over to Kristen's house. But now I don't have a car. But I do have Matt. 

Seconds later I reached Matt's. I rang the doorbell.

"Hey neighbor." Matt said when he opened the door. Oh he was too cute. His black hair was even more messed up because he had just come back from practice and his green eyes seemed tired but still happy.

"Hey." I said.

"What brings you over to this neck of the woods?" Matt asked.

"Jake and his friend are filling up the house with unpleasant sounds." I said with disgust. 

"Ahh say no more." Matt laughed, pulling me through the door.

"Nicole!" I heard people yell in unision from the next room. I followed Matt into the family room where I met blonde-haired blue-eyed Sam smiling at me with Carter's black haired-brown eyes contrast right next to him.

"Hey guys. What are ya up to?" I asked.

"TV - join the party." Carter said patting down the spot next to him. I started walking to sit down when I pulled back by Matt and landed on top of him on another couch.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." he said referring to the dramatic way at which I ended up on him. I grinned. 

"But while we're here -" Matt said, pulling my face down to his and kissing me.

"Oh get a room." Sam said as he threw a pillow at us. I laughed and rolled off of Matt as he threw the pillow at Sam's head. We all sat there watching TV when the bell rang. Matt got up to go get it. Sam, Carter and I sat there listening intently like any normal person would when the bell rings and you don't know who it is. 

Matt opened the door. Silence.

"Um." I heard Matt's voice. I glanced at Sam. He shook his head is if to say he didn't know what was going on any more than I did.

"Is Nicole here?" i heard Jake's voice. Oh God. This is awkward. Really awkward. And I'm not even part of the conversation yet. Seconds later Jake walks into the room followed by a very uncomfortable Matt. I stood up and walked towards Jake.

"What's up?" I asked quietly - aware that the entire room was extremely tense.

"I think you took my phone." Jake said quietly, holding out my own phone. I took the iPhone out of my pocket and turned on the screen. It was a Manchester United banner. Damn - I must have taken Jake's phone on accident. I handed him his phone and he gave me mine. He glanced momentarily at Sam and Carter. He nodded at me and then turned and left. I followed him out, leaving the boys in the family room - still stunned. 

"Sorry about that," I said holding up my phone.

"No," he paused. "it's okay." He shook his head. Anyway, I'm going to a party so I'll be home late. I nodded. 

"Bye Jake," I said as he walked out the front door.

"Later Nicki." he said.

I walked back into the family room silently.

"Well that was awkward." Carter broke the silence. I laughed and so did Matt and Sam. Good, everything back to normal - or normaler than before. If that's a word. Sam got up and went to the fridge. He came back with a six-pack of beer. He took one and put the rest on the table. Matt grabbed for one and so did Carter. 

'Here." Carter said handing me a bottle. I reached for it -

"She's not allowed." Matt said shoving the bottle back into Carter's hand.

"Do you see parents?" Carter asked rehtorically.

"I mean by me you dumbass." Matt rolled his eyes at Carter. Carter didn't push the matter further. I just sighed. Can't say I can blame him - my last encounter with alcohol didn't end well. I leaned against Matt's shoulder and we watched a football game. 

"Ugh can't we change this?" i begged.

"Hah no." Sam said. Matt grinned.

"Longhorns are playing - Sam would die if he missed a game." Matt explained. I rolled my eyes.

"You boys and your sports." I sighed. 

Suddenly Sam and Carter jump up in excitement.

"Go go go!" Sam yells at the TV. I see a guy in orange running down the field.

"Gooooo!" Sam yells again. 

"Yes!" he exclaims, throwing his hands in the air. His hand knocked into the beer bottle in Carter's hand and just my luck, it all landed on me!

I don't know how Matt didn't get soaked and this is what annoyed me the most. Matt started to laugh. Carter and Sam stared at me stunned, waiting for me to flip out at them. 

"Ohmygod I'm so sorry!" Carter said.

"Sorry - sorry - sorry," Sam repeated.

"It's okay, honestly." I insisted.

"Sorry!" they repeated repeatedly.

"It's okay!" I exclaimed. "No harm done." I punched Matt.

"Stop laughing." I said. He tried to shake it off but couldn't.

"Come on," he said pulling me upstairs, sitll laughing. Once we reached his room he reached into his closet and pulled out a sweatshirt. Of course it had a soccer logo on it. I pulled off my sticky wet shirt, aware that Matt was staring at me, and put on the sweatshirt. I then took off my soaking jean shorts and exchanged them for the sweat pants I was given. I was wearing a thong so lucky for me the sweatshirt was so big that it covered my butt. I looked down at myself.

"I look like a bag lady." I said.

"You look hot." Matt replied, taking  a step closer to me. And then another step - and another. Until we were just inches apart. He put his fingers under my chin and lifted my face up to meet his. His lips brushed my gently, and then he went in for a deeper kiss. It got heated. He was still kissing me - his tongue making it's way around in my mouth and he lifted the sweatshirt up but then stopped half way. 

He shook his head and pulled away from me - but we were still close.

"I don't want to push you." he said quietly and started to turn away. I grabbed his waist and pulled him back so his face was just inches from mine.

"Stop acting like I'm so breakable." I said. He glanced at me cautiously but then pushed me back onto his bed. 

"When I said get a room, I didn't mean while we are still in the house!" I heard a voice yell from downstairs. Matt lifted his head up and smiled. His black hair was extremely disheveled - it was so hot.

"Another time then." he said, looking at me intently. I nodded. He got off me and pulled my up off the bed - together we walked down the stairs. Another couple of hours of watching football and I decided it was time to go.

Alright guys, it's been fun - except for the boring game and the spilling beer on me part." I added, glaring at Sam and Carter. They gave me innocent grins. Matt laughed and got up with me.

"I'll walk you home." he said.

"What a gentleman." I replied.

"Later Nicki!" Sam and Carter called as Matt and I left the room hand in hand. Too soon we reached my door.

"Goodnight Nicki." Matt said as his perfect green eyes dove into me.

"Night Matt." i smiled back. He gave me a quick peck and I went inside. I walked in the house with a smile on my face. All the lights were off except for the one in the kitchen. I walked in to see Jake eating a bowl of cereal.

"I thought you were going to a party." I said taking the spoon from him and scooping it into the bowl.

"Left early - it was boring." he said simply. He looked at my outfit.

"Please tell me you are wearing his clothes because you fell into a pool and not some other reason." Jake said, stressing the disgust in his voice when he said 'his clothes.'

"You're one to talk - how was Michelle." I raised my eyebrows at him. Jake looked at me alarmed because I hadn't immediately shot down the idea of Matt and I having sex.

"Oh stop it - we didn't do anything, my clothes just got messed up." I said. Jake rolled his eyes as he took the spoon back and walked passed me towards the couch.

"Why do you smell like beer?" he said spinning around.

"Jeez, I got it poured on me, calm down, will ya?" i said. Jake ignored this.

"I swear between you and Matt I'll never be a real teenager." I said. I don't know if Jake didn't hear that statement or just chose to ignore it.

Jake went into the family and I followed behind him. 

"What do you want?" he asked, when he noticed me following him.

"You're cereal." I joked, as I sat on the couch beside him.

"Sooo..." I started.

"Why do I feel like this conversation is going to get weird?" Jake asked.

"Cuz it is." I answered with a sweet smile. Jake groaned.

"So who do you like?" I asked.

"Oh my God is this like one of those sleepovers where we do each others' nails and play truth or dare?" Jake asked with sarcastic excitement. I gave him a death glare and he shut up. There was silence.

"So who is it?" I asked with more enthusiasm.

"What makes you think I like anyone?" Jake asked.

"You don't?" I asked, this thought hadn't occurred to me.

"Have you seen me with the same girl more than once?" Jake asked.

"No." I said.

"You didn't need to answer that but whatever that's my point - I don't like anyone." Jake said.

"Now let me eat in peace." he said.

"No! Everyone likes someone, so just tell me so I can leave you alone." I insisted.

"Jeez! How bout this, the second I 'decide' I like someone, I'll come running to tell you before anyone else." he said sarcastically. Damn sarcasm is beginning to be a pattern with this boy. He saw that I wasn't satisfied with this answer.

"Is there something you would like to add to the conversation?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me. I studied him, considering whether or not to tell him about Kristen. It would be too weird. So I didn't. I shook my head and got up.

"I'm going to go finish homework." I said walking towards the stairs.

"She's like a sister to me." Jake suddenly said as I was walking away. I turned to him. His face was serious - and sorry. He was talking about Kristen.

"I know." I said sadly. As I continued up the stairs I heard Jake turn on the TV. 

************

THANKS AGAIN for reading!!! Please comment and vote!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 133 8
*Cover by the uber-talented Pixie Stormcrow!* (covers.pstormcrow.com) All bad decisions are born out of one key moment. A moment, thoughtless or not...
471K 11.7K 40
Sarah has a new teacher, Mr Hills. Her ex gym trainer. The one she used to crush on, two years prior. He's a conceited jerk, and that's what trigge...
3.4K 63 26
Reese Jones falls for someone she least expected she'd ever fall in love with: her teacher. She knew it was forbidden, but she took a chance anyway...
113 68 34
Penelope Henderson, party girl, dark and twisty, just trying to graduate with her criminal psychology degree, fresh out of a toxic relationship and f...