Love Being By Your Side - A S...

By Nightskullfire

ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏғ ᴡᴀᴡᴀɴᴀᴋᴡᴀ ʜɪɢʜ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪɴᴛᴇɴsɪғɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀ... More

Chapter 1: First day back pt.1
Chapter 3: A failed assignment pt.1
Chapter 4: A failed assignment pt.2
Chapter 5: Two-column proofs
Chapter 6: On each other's mind
Chapter 7: Is this a date?
Chapter 8: Passing with flying colors
Chapter 9: Projects
Chapter 10: A suprise visit? pt.1
Chapter 11: A Surprise visit? pt.2
Chapter 12: Knowing his thoughts?
Chapter 13: Our project pt.1
Chapter 14: Our project pt.2
Chapter 15: A rainy winter day
Chapter 16: Gifts
Chapter 17: An accident
Chapter 18: Will she say yes?
Chapter 19: Forgive me
Chapter 20: A Walk home
Chapter 21: The future ahead of us(finale)

Chapter 2: First day back pt.2

644 18 44
By Nightskullfire

Courtney's POV

After my first two classes, I headed to lunch. We haven't been doing anything important yet.

We've just been getting syllabuses about what we're going to learn, and the the supplies we'll need. Nothing too important.

I got my lunch and sat down. I examined it and then ended up throwing it away. Trash as usual.

Seriously, the chef here really needs to learn how to cook. I would've packed a lunch, but Chris banned us from bringing lunches.( Don't know how he did that) Probably wants us to eat that trash. Which I refuse to eat.

Since I can copy my moms signature, I decided to just start signing the syllabuses I got myself.

"Hey Courtney." Scott waved, sitting down next to me with his lunch.

"Hi Scott." I responded." Are you seriously going to eat... that?" I pointed at the plate of powdered gruel.

"Eh. I did last year."

"Ew." I cringed.

"What. The lunch isn't that bad. Especially this. This is delicious."

"Honestly with the junk they serve they should just let us starve. It would be more humane."

"Eh. Suit yourself."

"How do you even eat that powered gruel?"

"It's the sawdust that makes it so tasty."

"If I knew you liked that trash, I would've gave you my share. I don't even know why I even bother going in the lunch line."

Eh, at least I'm not sitting here alone.

"So... how were your classes?" I asked Scott.

"Eh, kinda boring. We didn't do anything. And we're not gonna do anything in gym for the first whole week."

"I guess that's nice."

After I signed the two syllabuses that I had, I continued to read my book from earlier. Everytime I glanced up from my book, I noticed Scott giving me this.... stare.

Like a sneaky grin type of look. I kinda just ignored it until the bell ranged. I picked up my book and walked off.

I think Scott has the same next period as me, but after that creepy staring problem I didn't really feel comfortable walking to class with him.

+

I managed to get to my next class before the late bell. Not that it matters, since it's the first day.

I sat down and stared off into space as the class filled up with students.

Scott's POV

The day continued to go by. We didn't really do anything. All we did is just syllabuses, rules, and small introductions.

After my 6th period ended I headed to my 7th period. It was the same room as our advisory, so it didn't take me long at all to find it again.

When I walked in, there was an argument between Courtney and that guy with the mohawk in the back of the room.

"You sat there on purpose! You clearly saw me coming over to sit here and you purposely sat there. I was sitting there earlier and you purposely sat there." Courtney glared.

"Listen Princess, We don't have assign seats yet. Go sit somewhere else."

"Duncan! You are such an ogre." Courtney crossed her arms.

"Eh, I've been called worst." He leaned back in his chair.

"Ugh!" Courtney stormed off and flopped down in a different spot.

I walked in and sat down next to Courtney.

"You alright?" I asked.

"I'm fine." She crossed her arms.

"Alright class. I'm Mr. Riggs and I'm gonna be your Agriculture Science teacher."

Courtney's POV

After Mr.Riggs went over his strict procedures on uniforms, jackets, ties, talking, and his burning hate for phones he gave us a syllabus for his class.

I sat there, stills annoyed about my seat. Since it's the first day, the teacher let us have the rest of the day off.

I decided to start on my English Homework. Yeah, I know. Homework already. It's only three questions.

I turned around and looked at Duncan leaning back in his chair. He noticed and smirked and I turned back around and growled.

I then noticed Scott smirking at me.

"What?..... What?"

"You're pretty when you're mad." Scott smirked, crossing his arms.

"Barf." Heather said from behind us.

"Um... I'm not sure how I should take that." I said, still uncertain how to take that comment.

Hm... that might explain the creepy stare from earlier...

Smelly, pit stainy, and creepy. What guy tells a girl she's pretty when they've just met?

After I finished my Homework and packed up and waited patiently for the bell to ring. When it did, I quickly got up and left out the class.

I walked outside, spotted my moms car, got in and heavily sighed.

"Had a rough day?" My mom asked.

"Just a rough 7th period." I sighed.

My mom started up the car and we drove away from the school.

+

After I got home, I made myself something to eat. I haven't eaten since 6 in the morning. After eating I decided to get my mom to sign the rest of the syllabuses that I received.

Scott's POV

After I finished walking home, I got changed out of my uniform. I had to deal with my chores before I could relax.

It didn't take me too long to finish some of them. I was just doing another sweep around the house.

I couldn't get that bossy classmate out of my head.

I hope I didn't stink. I quickly sniffed my pits. Okay, maybe I did stink a little but maybe she didn't noticed.

Courtney's POV

I was on the phone with Bridgette ranting to Bridgette about my day.

"So who is this Scott guy?" Bridgette asked.

"Ugh! Where do I begin? Okay first of all, he isn't capable of bringing a pencil to school. Who on earth doesn't bring a pencil to school? Should've prepared the day before. Second, he smells like he just came out of a pig pin. Third , he constantly keeps giving me this creepy smile! I wish he'd stop smiling at me!"

"Well. That's not the worst. Look on the bright side, at least he isn't calling you princess." Bridgette told me.

"Ugh! Then there's Duncan. I don't even want to get started on him. At least I only have advisory and one class with him. Speaking of which, remember how my advisory is 207?"

"Yeah."

"Well my 7th period happens to take place in that room too and Duncan knew I sat there earlier and then purposely sat there just to get on my nerves. Ugh! He's lucky I didn't kick him right in the-"

"Okay! You seem to really be in a bad mood. You're first day was that bad, huh?"

"Ugh! Yes! Ugh, I better go get another led pencil. I have to replace the one I gave to the smelly pig."

"Okay. I'm gonna give you some time to cool off."

"Alright. I'll talk to you later." I hung up.

Scott's POV

After getting my mom to sign my syllabuses, I layed down on my bed. I was thinking about that girl in my class.

Speaking of which, I better put my pencils in my bag before I forget. I don't need her yelling at me for making the same mistake two times in a row.

I added my pencils in my bag. I layed back down on my bed. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow.

I don't usually enjoy school nor do I ever look forward to it. But this year is different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 74 49
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲�...
414K 4.6K 112
STOP READING THIS started sometime in 2019 ended april 2021 just old, cringey & unrevised one-shots i wrote at 3am PLEASE READ MY SCENARIOS OR SHORTS...
1K 127 19
❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪'𝘮 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩...
365 18 5
𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤! 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 * "𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕." 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏...