Dark Despair (Book 2: Togethe...

由 queennightfurious

"We're training everyone to ride dragons." Drago is back and has allied with Grimmel. Sky is the alpha, she i... 更多

Trigger Warnings
Prologue
Denial
Forgiveness
The First Rescue
The Rescues
Alive
Reveals
Preparing for War
Setting sail
The Hidden World
War Cry
Love on the Battlefield
Grimmel and Drago
Worth it?
Aftermath of War
Fish makes us Understand
Dreamchaser
Soulmates
Toothless's Welcome
Memories
Defenders
Dragon Lady
Snoggletog
A/N #1
Delta
Magnar
Trillium
Captive
A/N #2
Too close
The Mist Disperses
A/N #3
Chieftess
A/N #4
My life is CURSED
So close
Hiccup's Alive
And... He's back
Lessons and Setbacks
Seeing you again
Character guide

Saving Mist

87 1 9
由 queennightfurious

???'s POV

The minute I saw Mist get struck by that arrow I started seeing a village full of people and dragons living together as one.

And somehow I knew exactly which way to go.

Eclipse had dived to catch Mist and was now evening out. I saw Eclipse crying and I didn't hear her say anything until I caught up.

"There's still hope." Eclipse said when she met my gaze.

"I know where to go."

"Where?"

"It's an island. I can't remember its name. But I do remember it being a dragon sanctuary. Where people and dragons live in harmony."

"How is that possible?"

"I don't know. But I visited often. My to-be-mate lives there."

"Are you sure it's good?"

"Yes."

"And you know the way?"

"Yes."

"Then why are we wasting time let's go!"

I sped up and flew North.

Eclipse and I took turns holding Mist. Luckily it seemed that this place was only an hour's flight away.

"There!" I shouted when I saw the place I had remembered.

"You sure? It doesn't look very populated."

"It looks..."

"Abandoned."

"Okay, maybe someone is here. Let's land in the middle of the town and ask for help."

"Good idea. If this doesn't work though... I don't think Mist will survive."

I looked at Mist and realized that she was right, this is Mist's last hope.

We landed and Eclipse seemed exhausted. Probably from carrying Mist.

I let out the loudest roar possible, in hopes that someone from here would hear it and come to Mist's aid.

I waited a few minutes and was about to roar again when I heard running footsteps to the left of me.

There was a gasp and I saw a boy somewhat younger than me walk forward.

"Can you help our friend?" I asked.

"What happened to her?" The boy asked pointing to Mist.

"She was hit by an arrow," I said and pointed to the arrow wound.

"You don't need to gesture. I can understand you. But, come. I believe the healer's hut may still have some supplies left over." Eclipse pushed Mist onto my back and I had to spread my wings a bit to keep her from falling off.

"So what is your name?" Eclipse asked.

"Hey! Why are you so much more polite to him than you were to me when we first met?"

"I've already explained that, Mr. Butt-head."

"Well, explain again, Ms. Full-of-herself."

"No."

"Are you two mates or something?"

"Ewwww! No!" Eclipse and I said.

"Eclipse here is in love with Mist and they only admitted it when Mist got shot by an arrow. Even though three days before I told them that they were in love with each other. Kind of reminds me of how I was with Astrid. I miss her so much."

"Astrid? What happened to her? Was she your mate?"

"No. She is my mate-to-be. I can't remember the specifics of what happened, but I do know that I nearly drowned. Haven't seen her for four years. I do remember that she lived here. What happened to it?"

"Oh. Well, we abandoned it. Well, my village did. We're dragon people and we wanted to stay with our scaly friends so now we live in the Hidden World. I only came back because I needed to get something. By the way, my name is Rowan." A Snifflehunch showed up, "And this is Forestflame. I never caught your name." He pointed at me.

"I don't have one. At least, not one that I remember."

"What do you mean, you don't have a name?"

"I like to call him Mr. Nameless. Or Mr. Grumpy. Or my new favourite Mr. Hoplessly-in-love." Eclipse supplied.

Rowan laughed, "Please don't call me any of those. Four years of it gets annoying. You can call me Mr. Night Fury."

"Okay, then Mr. Night Fury and Eclipse we're going to have to fly the rest of the way."

"Eclipse, you get to carry Mist."

"Fine."

We took off and landed probably ten seconds later in a hut that was very high up.

"Okay, so I'm not a professional or anything. But, I think she'll be fine. I mean it looks like the arrow hit something somewhat major and is bleeding out quickly, but I think with my limited knowledge I can fix it."

He started cleaning up her wound with what little supplies were left and they were old at that. Then put on this sticky thing, "Of course! Sap! That will stop the bleeding." (Do not actually try this to stop bleeding! I have no idea if it'll work cause I hate biology it's just so gross. SAVE THE FROGS! NO MORE FROG DISSECTION! Sorry for my rant.)

"Sap? Oh... yeah that makes sense." Said, Eclipse.

"There! I think she'll be good. Just let her rest while it heals."

Eclipse immediately curled up against Mist.

"I'm going to go look around."

Eclipse just let out a muffled sound.

I left the two females alone with an amused shake of my head.

Rowan followed me out.

"Tell me about Astrid." He asked as soon as we'd entered the woods.

I thought about his question before answering, "She is the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on."

"Person?" I nodded.

"She is human while I am a dragon. It doesn't make sense yet it does. I feel as if we were made for each other. She has beautiful blonde hair and ocean blue eyes. She is violent and strong and kind." I admired my drawing of her.

"I know her. She is looking for her fiancé, Hiccup with her friend Heather."

I was about to answer when I heard Eclipse squeal, "MIST!!!!"

"I got to go!"

"I'll come with you."

I took off while he called for Forestflame.

I found Eclipse attacking Mist with licks. Mist was just lying there with a small smile on her face.

"Awwww!!! You two are adorable!"

They froze.

"Just going to say, called it!"

"Wow! Real mature." Eclipse said sarcastically, "What are you 20?"

"Thanks, but I'm 24. So, back on topic. Are you two mates yet or are you not?"

"Are we?" Mist asked Eclipse.

"Do you want to be?"

"Yes." Mist said breathlessly and she got up.

The healer's hut was quiet big surprisingly so they started doing the Fury mating dance and lets just say they are far better than Toothless. (If you haven't seen HTTYD 3 you won't get it.)

Rowan showed up finally, "Oh! She's awake!"

"It was just dragon root. Made her drop out of the sky." I responded.

"Wait! She's supposed to be resting!"

"Shhhhh!!!!! I'm not letting you make her rest. Not now at least."

"He's right, now be quiet."

The two finished their dance and nuzzled each other.

"What just happened?"

There were broad smiles on all of the dragons' faces, which quickly turned to shock when Rowan asked his question.

I slowly asked, "Have you never seen a mating dance before?"

"A mating dance? Never. Wait... Oh! That makes more sense!"

The Next Day

"Bye! Safe travels."

"Bye!!!!" We called back. We were leaving to continue our search, but somehow I felt as if I'd reached the end without knowing it.

Rowan's POV

I watched the Furies fly off into the distance. For some reason, I felt as if my soul had been repaired.

And the male Fury looked familiar, too. But I still couldn't put a finger on where I'd seen him before.

I unconsciously pulled out the locket Hiccup made me. The tracker class symbol engraved on the one side. The strike symbol on the other side.

I opened it and looked at the beautifully drawn pictures. I stared at the picture of the Delta, Hiccup and I. Then I looked closer at Hiccup, focusing solely on him in his dragon form.

Then it clicked.

"He's alive." It was barely a whisper.

"What?"

"Hiccup." For the first time in four years, I had talked to him. And the irony is that I didn't realize it.

"Not you, too."

"No. You don't understand. W-we were just talking to him. His to-be-mate is Astrid. He didn't ask what a fiancé was. He nearly drowned. And he looks exactly and I mean exactly like his drawing."

"We'll go find him, then. I am a tracker class dragon after all."

"Let's go. They already have a head start."

We took off after my brother.

A/N

Ha! I'm completely evil! They nearly ran into Astrid and Heather. Then they ran into Rowan and didn't even know it. 

But, we must see how things play out. Hiccup still doesn't know who he is and I'm going to keep using ??? for his POV. 

And now Eclipse and Mist are mates. I actually had that planned from the start and started dropping hints then forgot to keep dropping hints so now it feels rushed. But, oh well!

And FYI:

Eclipse = 23 years old, Mist = 24 years old, Hiccup = 24 years old.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

297K 7.3K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...
67.6K 1K 19
Part 1: Hiccup runs away with Toothless when Gobber announces that he will be killing the Monstrous Nightmare. Three years later, he flys back to Ber...
4.2K 83 16
It's been three years since Stoick's passing and Drago's defeat. Life for the Berkians has been nothing but good thanks to the Dragon Riders and Chie...
360K 7.2K 24
Hiccup was always considered the weakling of the village, he was bullied, pushed around and beaten up by all the other teens, even his cousin and the...