New To This

By Silkwritings

Sequel to Daya It's the summer before junior year for Daya and senior for Ziyah. Updates Wednesday's and Fri... More

Intro
Prologue
My Little Pony
Summer clothes
Peebo Percuso
Devondre
Honey Fried Chicken and Popcorn
Eggs
Jesus Walks
Therapy
Baby This Baby That
Nice Ass
Vomit
Dramatic Exit
Sing to me
Sleep Problems
Siblings
Registration
Cold turkey
Advice
Balachoni
Me from Japan
Hoya
Bute
Questionnaire regarding Third Book
The Redheads
Station wagon Sleepover
Over Seasoned
Oh Really
Snitch
Hot Chips
Loyalty
Skater Boy
Daddy
Al Pacino Drink
Dog Poop
Roll up
Jesus Walks Pt. 2
Smoke Up
Ain't no Mountain High
Tough Times
Stomach pains
A Quick Drive
7 years too Late
In love with you
The Accident
Open House
Black Balls
Janelle's Story
Call Mona
The Concert (last chapter.)
Why I haven't updated
Bonus after In Love With You

Word

1.6K 164 10
By Silkwritings

A little after Daya left Vicki's

Third person

Vicki and Jada sit with their legs wide open against the back of Vicki's couch. Vicki's head unbeknownst to her is propped on Jada's shoulder who doesn't care because her head is cocked upwards as she stares at the ceiling. Both of their minds are in a whole other place and their eyes are on the verge of turning red.

After a moment of pure silence excluding the sounds outside Vicki's loft, Jada while still being on another far away planet comes back to life, but keeps her eyes on the ceiling. "Vicki?" she says her voice barely audible. Vicki slowly rises from Jada's side and moves some curls out of her face. Usually her long thick curls were tight and slick, but today they looked like some white girl had taken her brush and had a good old time.

"Yes Jada," Vicki says in the same low tone as Jada.

"What happened? Why does my tongue feel weird?" With these words Jada touched her tongue and scrunched her brows as to her it felt like a cloud or slime.

The pair might of been right next to each other, but Vicki really didn't hear Jada's words, and just the sound of her weak voice. "My head hurts," she says sounding like a child whining to their parents.

"Same girl," Jada says. Not knowing if she actually said the words she wanted to Jada repeats. "Same girl."

Making Vicki's head produce a terrible pain her phone rings. It's just right next to her sitting on the floor where she put it last, but it takes her and not much help from Jada 5 minutes to find it. Lucky for her and whoever is calling her she catches them right when they call her again. Vicki doesn't know exactly who she's calling as she doesn't bother taking a close look at the contact, and just puts her phone to her ear.

"Hello?" she says. As if they couldn't get any closer Jada leans in now on Vicki's shoulder as their hot breath hits each one of their faces.

Vicki and Jada's friend from school Sarah's voice booms into the phone even though she's talking in her normal inside voice. Sarah was one of the wild girls in high school always smoking, partying, and getting her and other people into trouble. For them high school ended a few months ago, but Sarah still hasn't stopped her ways. "Vicki I'm so sorry girl I messed up," Sarah says before even saying a hello or how are you.

Vicki scratches the top of her head. "For what?" She slowly is getting her ability to listen and respond to questions back after it was gone for a long while.

Sarah on the other end lets out a sigh glad that Vicki has no idea what she's talking about. Still she feels the need to set the record straight. "Wait you have no idea what happened?"

Vicki shakes her head making it hurt a little more. "No tell me, did you give us a sickness? Is that why the room is spinning, but not spinning."

Sarah lays back on her bed in which at the moment she is sharing with some random guy she picked up and a had a good time with on the streets of Melrose. "I gave you guys something, but it wasn't a sickness," she says.

Vicki and Jada exchange looks before the sound of Sarah hanging up makes her ears ring. "Oh shit I remember what happened now Jada," Vicki says.

Jada looks at her blankly. "Word?" She on the other hand had no recollection of anything that happened over the last hours. All that flashes through her mind are images of Daya complaining about something and her and Vicki soothing her pain while being by the refrigerator.

Vicki nods, "Word," she confirms.

Some hours ago...

Vicki sits on her couch just seconds after her mother left texting Vince. He was telling her about how his mom couldn't get out of bed, and Vicki being the good and soothing girlfriend she was was comforting him. The texts didn't last long as Vince had to get ready for training even though he would rather spend a whole hour talking to Vicki. After saying I love you which they just started telling each other Vicki went into her room and looked through her large closet where she tried to decide what she would wear for the day. She didn't have much to do today which would soon change considering she's about to start college.

Just as she made the decision that she wanted to wear her magenta fitted dress her door bell rang and she ran to the door. She wasn't expecting anyone, but she had a feeling it was probably her neighbor just checking up on her upon her mom's request. Boy was she wrong as she opened the door to reveal Jada who had been spending a lot of time with her family since graduation.

"Ay girl!" Jada shouted and they both wrapped their arms around each other. Vicki was about to invite Jada in to her second home, but the sight of long black hair and the shortest shorts stopped her. This could only be the one and only Sarah who Vicki didn't even know was friends with Jada. Vicki liked Sarah, but she was someone you could only take in small doses.

"Hey girl!" Sarah said. She waltzed into Vicki's loft with her handbag around her wrist and gave Vicki a half hug before taking a seat on Vicki's couch besides Jada. The girls talked for a bit, and of course Jada spilled some gossip about her family members which Vicki low key missed and laughed at some of her tidbits.

As the conversation died down a smirk came across Sarah's face. A smirk that was a preview to trouble and one Vicki had seen many times before. "What's up with you?" Vicki asked looking Sarah up and down from her silky hair to her brown sandals. Vicki wished she could've at least changed out of her sweats before Sarah came. She wouldn't tell anyone, but she thought Sarah was one of the prettiest and best dressed girls at school. Most people at Marina High school thought this too as Sarah spent a lot of time choosing her outfits next to partying and being her crazy herself. Today she was dressed in a black off the shoulder top and a denim skirt she got from goodwill.

"Nothing I just thought we should have some fun," Sarah said.

Vicki gave her a knowing look. "Isn't that what you're always thinking?"

Jada let out a little laugh. "Yea girl you ain't gotta prove you know how to have fun we already know that." A memory of Sarah in freshmen year stealing bottles of beer from the corner store flashed through Jada's mind making a smile come across her face as she thought of Vicki's face when she took a sip from the beer.

Sarah nodded a few times. "Ok you guys are right, but there's nothing wrong with a little or a lot of fun." Vicki and Jada's eyes were fixated on Sarah as she looked into her glossed bag and began digging through the many items that were in there. After picking up a lip gloss, an empty gum packet, and other random items Sarah found exactly what she was looking for.

She picked up a medium sized plastic baggy that had 3 chocolate brownies that looked like they were from the Ralph's bakery. These of course weren't your sugary sweets that you brought in on your birthday in elementary school , and Vicki and Jada definitely knew this.

"Ooh girl you're on one if you think we're doing edibles," Jada said speaking Vicki's mind.

Sarah's smirk remained and she shook the baggy a little. "I'm not on one but I'm about to be." Sarah looked from Vicki and Jada's hesitant faces and she bit down on her bottom lip. "Come on guys what's the harm, Jada didn't you tell me you were tired of being sober anyway." At that Vicki shot Jada look which she dodged. Jada was tired of being sober, and as her grandma began to lay off on her she thought about weed which was the only drug she did, and she craved that mind altering stuff. Too bad Vicki was on her ass and made sure no drugs entered her system which seems a bit aggressive, but she was just trying to look out for her friend.

"I am tired of being sober, but I know edibles are a whole other story," Jada stated a bit unsure of herself.

"Come on they're not that strong." Sarah's eyes focused on Vicki. "And Vicki just because Vince doesn't smoke doesn't mean you can't let a little stress go once and a while." At that moment all of Vicki's attention went towards Sarah as she mentioned her boyfriend's name. It was true Vince didn't smoke and frowned on those who did explaining why he wouldn't be too happy if he knew she was talking to Sarah who to him was straight trouble and only a girl to steal a glance at when she wore slips as t shirts.

Vicki's whole face scrunched up and a bit of anger came over her. "I don't do drugs, because I don't want to drugs it has nothing to do with Vince." She said these words in a matter of fact manner although she wasn't quite sure of herself , and as she thought about it more she realized she didn't bother with drugs because of Vince. She did and didn't do a lot of things because of Vince, but she loved him dearly and Vince could say the same thing about her.

"Fine you guys are no fun," Sarah said about to put the baggy back in her handbag.

Suddenly something changed in Vicki and out of nowhere she blurted out, "Fuck it, I want one." Jada looked at Vicki with a mixture of confusion and excitement.

Sarah's smirk turned into a big smile at her success in persuading Vicki and Jada. "That's what I'm talking about." She finally opened the baggy and took a sniff as if she was smelling something utterly magnificent, and not some weed brownies. She gave Vicki and Jada a brownie, and took a nibble of her own. As she barely ate a fourth of the brownie being a pro at edibles she looked over at Vicki and Jada checking on them and her mouth flew open. The brownies she gave them were gone and they were both sitting there chewing.

"What's wrong?" Vicki asked swallowing the last bits of the brownie. She saw the worry in Sarah's eyes making her a tad worried.

Sarah tried to hide her look of astonishment and on the inside she dammed herself for not telling them to only nibble. Especially since she didn't get these edibles from a legal dispensary, and instead obtained them from her sketchy friend Derek who had lavender hair and the best party goodies.

"Nothing," Sarah said forcing a smile.

In a matter of minutes Vicki and Jada were spaced and Vicki's loft was spinning to them. Sarah on the other hand was only a tad high and laughing too loudly at how paranoid and out of this world her so called friends were. Vicki had brushed her hair countless times and Jada found amusement in shaking her weave and seeing the bright orange color fly about. As Vicki and Jada were admiring the ceiling a friend called Sarah to pick her up and after saying goodbye multiple times to Vicki and Jada she was out of the door.

"Daya's coming," Vicki said looking at Vince's message that she didn't respond to.

Back to Present times

"So we had brownies?" Jada asks as they were still in the same place.

"Yea," Vicki says.

"And we gave Daya advice."

"Yup."

"Do you think it was good?"

Vicki smiles. "Of course we told her to tell Chase to get that boy to stop groping her."

"Word?"

"Word."

Jada's face scrunches up. "Shouldn't Daya tell her dread head, and not Chase who she liked last year"

Vicki turns to Jada. "Daya liked Chase?"

"Yup."

"I think it might've been bad advice."

"Word?"

"Word."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 1 7
In high school days
85.5K 7.8K 41
The "Twice My Age" sequel!
499 71 49
When things go south in your life, well... it's time actually go South. Beatrice leaves her boyfriend while they're on a break and heads to a small t...
Seasons By sunah

Teen Fiction

15.5K 269 49
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...