the diary; nick mara

By urmynovember

in which a girl is mistaken for innocent, but a boy reads her diary and discovers otherwise. asterisk (*) in... More

characters
prologue *
one
two
three*
four
five *
six
seven
eight *
nine
ten *
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen *
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one *
twenty two
epilogue
thank you :)
smut book

eleven

8.7K 178 131
By urmynovember

A/N: shes so cute IMAGINE nicholas w her whew my bi ass wouldn't even know where to look

nick sat in his car in front of sage's house, waiting for her to come out.

the two were going ice-skating and he was really excited for his first real date with her. the date was simple. there was no huge surprise or cheesy speech but the boy was trying, and sage could appreciate that.

he wasn't a hopeless romantic, and although he's always been kind to girls, he's never been the relationship type.

of course he'd been in them before, but none of them seemed to make him feel the way sage did. none of them made it feel like his throat was closing up and his mind was blanking. this girl was poison in the best way possible.

his lips curled up into an animated grin when she stepped out of her front door, waving shyly at him.

her parents followed suit, coming out of the door to wave to him, but he thought he should get out and say hello to them. after all, he does spend a lot of his time here now, eating their food and drinking their water.

they didn't mind it though. because nick had changed their daughter in ways she couldn't even see herself. she was having friends over and she was leaving the house more, and they never worried because they knew she was in good hands with him.

he stepped out of the car, walking up to the door and greeting her parents.

he did the 'bro handshake' with her father and gave her mom a hug. after that, he instinctively put a hand on the small of sage's back, publicly confirming what her parents already knew.

if they thought they were hiding it before, they definitely weren't now.

her parents had already noticed the hickeys on sage's neck, and her dad had words for her about it, but after a long week of her mother explaining that she was growing up and she was still maintaining her grades and she wouldn't end up pregnant, he reluctantly kept his words to himself.

she jumped a little, because he usually keeps his distance with other people around.

"you look beautiful." he whispered to her, making her blush, and mumble "thank you." quietly.

she wore a gray turtleneck with a red t-shirt over it. she had on black jeans and her white air forces.

"well we won't keep you for too long." her mother spoke, making her father nod.

"yes have fun kiddos." her dad said, before training his eyes on sage, seriously. "but not too much fun, sage." he scolded and she laughed it off. "i know, dad."

"bye!" nick said to both parents, before scurrying to the car to open her door.

she stepped into the car, taking a seat and reaching up to poke his nose before letting him close the door.

he got in the car, buckling up and leaning over to kiss her, but just on the cheek, taking into consideration that her parents were still watching.

she giggled, turning to him and admiring his beautifully sculpted features.

"how are you?" she asked, watching as he used both hands to pull out of the driveway, then placed his hand on it's home on her thighs that he loved so much.

he internally screamed as she intertwined her fingers with his, their now entangled fingers resting on her left thigh.

"sage, you know i hate small talk." he chuckled at her nervousness, and she sighed.

he could read her like a book. she tried not to be so transparent when around him but he knew her. and there was no changing that.

she was nervous, incredibly nervous, and he thought it was so precious that he still had this affect on her.

"are you excited for our date?" she put the emphasis on date, gushing over the occasion.

he was excited. he was ready to face his feelings head on, despite being terrified of them. he wanted more than just sex and confusion from sage and he always had, and if he could control it, he would be with her forever.

"of course, can't wait to smoke you in ice skating." he tried to play it cool, and she playfully scoffed.

"pshh, whatever, nick. I will kick your ass on ice." she said, looking over at him again.

he focused on the road, noticing her in his peripheral.

frank ocean played quietly in the background, much to sage's liking, because she'd convinced nick that he didn't need trap music all the time. she was expanding his horizons in music and she was quite proud of it, because the boy was an entirely different level of stubborn.

he looked over at her. "what?" he asked curiously, making her snap her gaze away. "nothing." she lowered her gaze and focused on their intertwined hands.

"you're just really amazing, nick." she said about a minute later, catching him off guard.

he turned back to the road, trying to hide the smile on his face. "thank you, baby." he said smoothly, making her melt. she loved the cute names.

he'd never planned to use cute pet names because he thought they were cheesy and cliche, but when he saw her eyes light up the first time he called her baby, he knew he'd be using them for as long as he could hold on to her.

she turned up the music, leaning against the window and fiddling with his fingers.

and he felt a warmth in his body; one that seemed to never go away when he was around her. she was such a beautiful person.

sage hadn't had any hardships in her life. of course no one's life is perfect, but she had both of her parents who loved each other very much, she lived in a nice house and she was very gifted academically, socially, and artistically. she was beautiful and she knew it.

with that being said, none of this stopped her from being the most humble, sweet, and understanding person anyone could ever meet.

she was rich. it didn't stop her from understanding that nick wasn't. she had an amazing family dynamic. that didn't stop her from understanding nick's dysfunctional one. she had never struggled with anxiety or depression. and that was the last thing she saw in nick. she never thought about the boy's anxiousness in certain situations, because he was so much more than any of those things.

"we're here." he said, pulling his hand from her's softly and unbuckling his seat belt.

"we need to fuck in this car." she joked, making him quirk an eyebrow. "oh you're getting adventurous, huh?"

"yes, daddy." she whispered seductively in his ear, opening her door and running into the building.

he smiled to himself, shaking his head, and heading into the building to catch up with her.

he still had trouble wrapping his head around how he was the lucky boy to occupy her mind the way he did; how he was the first and only person to kiss and touch her. he knew her like the back of his hand, and it was incredibly dangerous and beautiful all in one.

she jumped slightly when he wrapped his arms around her from behind, resting a chin on her shoulder.

he didn't like the way the boy at the ice skate rental booth was looking at her, but he figured that he'd do the same if she walked into his work place, so he wanted to subtlety let the boy know that she wasn't available or interested.

sage loved how touchy nick was being in public lately, so she just melted into his hold.

after getting their skates and putting them on, they were ready for the ice.

they skated for a while, laughing together and trash talking.

"race you!" sage shouted, catching nick off guard as she sped ahead of him. she was actually really good at ice skating, but he was just the tiniest bit better, as he'd spent the first decade of his life in jersey, and he dabbled in hockey as a kid.

he raced after her, just barely catching up before they made one full lap, and grabbing onto her waist. the warmth of his body was comforting in contrast to the bitter cold from the ice.

they both fell, him landing on top of her, making them both laugh to tears.

"get off of me! you're so heavy, nick!" she wheezed out, but it only seemed to make the situation worse as he started rolling around on top of her.

"what? what was that?" he screamed, continuing to lay on her.

"nick it's cold! i'm gonna beat your ass!" she threatened, shivering under him

he finally decided to get up, because her shirt was now soaked with cold water, making him regret his decision to make her lay there for such a long time.

"shit. i'm sorry, sage." he apologized, feeling like he'd ruined their date.

"it's fine, nick." she giggled, leaving the ice and returning to the tile floors on the outside of the rink.

"no really. i don't even know what i was thinking- i should've-" she cut him off, by cupping his cheek and looking up at him. "hey, look at me." she made him look into her eyes, and he was searching for any type of malice. "it's okay, babe. it's just water."

he gave a small smile after hearing her call him the pet name. she'd never done it before. he used her tactic and pouted, hoping that she'd want to kiss it away, which she did, and he smiled right into it. her soft, cherry flavored lips pressed against his in such a sensual way, making all of his troubles melt away.

and if he wasn't sure before, he was sure as hell now that he was indeed in love with sage.

he wanted to say it. he wanted to shout it. but he wasn't ready to be hurt. he wasn't ready to let another person know his admiration and love for them, just for the person to leave.

she looked at him. she could tell he was thinking.

"what's going on in here?" she asked, pointing to his head before running her fingers through his hair.

"that you're probably freezing." he lied, gesturing down to her drenched shirt.

she nodded, her teeth chattering.

he frowned, pulling his jacket off of his body and giving it to her. she didn't argue with him, because he had a hoodie on anyway, so she took it and wrapped herself up in it, giving a satisfied sigh at the scent.

"i love the way you smell, baby." she beamed. and there it was again. the pet name for him. he said thank you, kissing her rosy cheeks.

"let's get off the tile before i bust my ass." he said, making her giggle but agree nonetheless.

they returned their skates but not without her scolding him for paying for her, and headed to the car.

"what do you wanna eat?" he turned on his choice of 90's r&b. "um, anything." she said.

"chic-fil-a?"

"no."

"pizza hut?"

"no."

"In-n-out?"

"no."

he sighed. "sage i'm about to not feed you at all, so pick something."

"okay. are you okay with chipotle?"

"yeah, good idea." he smiled, turning up the radio and driving to the nearest chipotle.

"do you wanna eat inside? what if people see us?" she questioned and he shrugged. "who cares?"

she smirked, getting out of the car as he followed suit.

after lots of arguing, nick ended up paying for both of their food, and they sat at the small table and ate.

"thank you, nick. for today." sage said, taking a drink of her topo chico, which he cringed at.

"no problem, ma." he gave her the most precious smile and she looked away, not knowing how to deal with it.

"no. i mean it."

"i know, baby. i mean it too. it's nothing."

her heartbeat sped up as she contemplated her next sentence.

she went through so many variations of what she should say and how she should word it before "what are we?" came out like word vomit.

"shit." she closed her eyes, hoping she'd just disappear. it seemed that she hadn't when she hear his mocking chuckle.

"i'm sorry." she opened her eyes.

"why are you apologi-"

"i didn't mean to ask that." she interrupted. "didn't you?" he smirked, and she took a few seconds to collect her thoughts before finally speaking.

"i just- i'm new to this, nick. so i- i'm not really sure what to do with all of these new feelings and-"

"so there are feelings?"

"what?" she stare blankly at him, not realizing what she'd just done.

"you said there's new feelings. you have feelings for me?"

she had never admitted it out loud. she didn't talk to anyone about her and nick, because no one knew about them but her parents.

"yeah, i mean, i like you. like more than a friend." she let out a shaky breath, knowing that there was no hiding from it now.

"well. i like you too, sage. a lot. and that's a start, right?" he asked, wanting her to know that there was no pressure, and there was no rush.

he could see that she was overwhelmed by the foreign feelings that he triggered, and he wanted to let her figure them out on her own pace.

"yeah, nick. it's a start."

she took another bite from her bowl and looked up at him.

he chuckled at the sour cream on her cheek, bringing hid thumb up to wipe it away, and putting it up to her lips as a joke.

when she licked it off of his thumb, sucking slightly, he retracted his hand, shocked.

"i underestimate how much of a freak you are, sage." he said, making her shrug.

"you love it." she said.

"indeed i do." he spoke, taking a bite of his burrito.

and while the two happily talked and ate, they didn't know that there was a storm coming. they didn't know that both of their feelings would bring hell to their entire friend group.

they didn't know that austin had walked into the chipotle and saw them, before walking right back out and deciding on taco bell.

he didn't tell anyone. nick was his best friend and it wasn't in his character to tell anyone about the two. he didn't even bother to tell nick that he knew.

none of them knew, but oh, how i wish they would never have to.

A/N: so they admitted that they like each other but still no love, huh?

comments, questions???

pls vote and thank u for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698 42 21
"She's like my little sister"
581K 16.7K 51
IN WHICH EX LOVERS RECONNECT AND REMINISCE OVER THE LOVE THEY SHARED IN HIGH SCHOOL. BOOK ONE. PLOT BY BABYBAZZI © COVER BY 38BLADEZ ©
48.5K 1.1K 30
You have decided that you have had enough with Atlanta and all the drama within it. You decide for your own good that you would move out to L.A. Prio...