Star Light

By GeekyChick0223

When Europa Gilbert gets the call that Jenna Sommers, her maternal aunt, had died from Sheriff Forbes, she ru... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome Home
Chapter Two: Settling In
Chapter Three: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter Four: Self Defense Class Works
Chapter Five: Gloria's Bar
Chapter Six: Suicide Is Not Easy
Chapter Seven: The Jig is Up
Chapter Eight: Cheeky Little Hybrid
Chapter Nine: Story Time, McDonald's
Chapter Ten: Forced Fear
Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Love Story
Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play
Chapter Thirteen: Adulting to do
Chapter Fourteen: Europa Has Moved and Changed Her Name to Tiffany
Chapter Fifteen: Conspiring in the Classroom
Chapter Sixteen: Girls Night Out
Chapter Seventeen: Story Time, Originals
Chapter Eighteen: Reasoning Out of Compulsion
Chapter Nineteen: Witchy Shock Therapy
Chapter Twenty: Bye Bekah
Chapter Twenty-One: Here's Jeremy!
Chapter Twenty-Two: He's Terrifying Because I Trust Him
Chapter Twenty-Three: Psychopaths, the Lot of You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Like I'm Gonna Lose You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tiffany's
Chapter Twenty-Six: Magical Brain Condition
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Plotting Against a Psychopath
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Romance Revenge
Chapter Thirty: Jealousy and Mother of the Year
Thirty-One: Too Far
Thirty-Two: Taken
Thirty-Three: Unlikely Alliance
Thirty-Four: Rescue
Thirty-Five: The Sheriff's Office
Thirty-Six: Two Ricks'
Thirty-Seven: Vulnerability
Thirty-Eight: Plot Under Plot Under Plot
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dream or Reality?
Chapter Forty: Wanted, Dead or Alive
Chapter Forty-Two: Transition
Chapter Forty-Three: Fenrir
Chapter Forty-Four: Goodnight, Saigon
Sequel

Chapter Forty-One: M.I.A

17.9K 667 118
By GeekyChick0223

Elena looked at herself in her mirror, inside there was a turmoil of emotions warring. She knew that what she had tried to do to Klaus and the originals was wrong. It wasn't like she didn't know that Europa at the very least cared about the originals, if the plan would have succeeded, Elena would have hurt her own sister. 

Both Stefan and Damon had tried to assure Elena that she did what was best for everyone but as the doppelganger thought more about it, she wasn't so certain. 

To make matters worse, when the girl tried to call her big sister, she got no response. She didn't even get a call denied, it just rang until the tone. Elena had tried again and again to get a hold of Europa to no avail. When a knock came at the door, the younger Gilbert knew it wouldn't be Europa but still raced to answer it with hopes that maybe it was her sister. 

Elena couldn't control the drop in her smile that happened when she saw Stefan instead of her big sister. "Not excited to see me?" Asked the vampire, trying to not feel offended. 

"No, it's not that, its just I've been calling Europa and she hasn't answered. I'm just worried. I feel like something bad has happened." Explained Elena to her date. 

Stefan nodded and smiled at the girl, "No worries. I understand." 

Putting on a smile, Elena looked at Stefan and decided to move on, "Wow, you look very dapper." She said with a playful smile. 

Recognizing her desire to change the subject, Stefan nodded and looked at her, "You look um- very beautiful. Here, I got something for you."

As Stefan pinned a white rose to her dress, Elena smiled softly at him, almost seeing the old Stefan. "Thank you."

"So, given our dangerous dance karma, sure you're up for this?" Asked Stefan as he referred back to the last few dances that ended in catastrophe. 

Shrugging, Elena nodded, "Getting out of bed is dangerous these days. But we have to live our lives."

Nodding, Stefan's lips twitched up into a slight smile, "Hmm. Who gave you that horrible advice?"

"Some guy I used to date said it once or twice." Teased Elena.

"Right." 

Clearing her throat, Elena grabbed Stefan's arm and gestured to the car, "Shall we?" 

The vampire nodded gratefully and smiled, "Please." 

After waiting half an hour with no Europa, Klaus called her and informed the girl that he hoped she was at the dance before leaving. Yet when he got there, he found no Europa. The Hybrid cut into Caroline's dance and questioned her on the matter but found out quickly that the troublesome human hadn't been seen by Caroline either. 

Leaving the party, Klaus got on his phone and dialed the one other person who had a hope of knowing where Europa was, Rebekah. "Rebekah, call me back immediately! I only came to this ridiculous dance because you begged me to and now neither you nor Europa are anywhere to be found." He hisses into the phone. Hanging up Klaus growls and looks around.

He could not believe he got stood up by Europa Gilbert. 

Then his eyes catch sight of a salt line and he stops immediately. "What is this?" He wonders out loud.

"Your mother is back," Stefan said from behind him. 

Klaus allowed Stefan to lead him to Alaric's classroom, hoping to see Europa there and that a major crisis just showed up that kept her from answering her phone. Instead, he found himself trapped in a room with Bonnie, Jeremy, Stefan, Damon, and the boy Bonnie fancies named Jamie. 

Jamie looks at Bonnie in concern then over to the group, "She does this all the time, right?"

Klaus ignored the stupid question and stared at Bonnie angrily, "What's taking so long?! All boundary spells have a loophole." As he growled, he remembered Europa telling him to be patient when he did the same thing with Gloria and it made him more anxious. 

Matt walked back into the room just as Klaus was beginning to get in his head, "People are walking right out of the dance, past the barrier."

Jeremy nodded and looked over at Matt, "Matt and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves. We just gotta find out where she is."

"It's suicide, Jeremy.

Klaus growled angrily and rushed at Jamie. The witch wasn't working fast enough. "Suicide would be disappointing me! Now work your magic, witch, or I'll start killing people you fancy

"Let him go!" He heard Bonnie cry. Klaus just tightened his hold. After all, the only person who could get him to let this man go was not there at the moment. 

Looking over at her as he strangled Jamie, Klaus shook his head. "Not until you get us out of here."

"Ah, don't be stupid, Klaus. Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us. The only reason she's helping us right now is to save Caroline and Tyler. You start killing the people she cares about, she'll tell us all to go to hell." For a moment, everyone was uncertain as to if Klaus would actually let him go. 

As time went on, Jeremy spoke up, "If you killed him, we both know Europa wouldn't forgive you." 

Huffing, Klaus released the man and stepped back. 

Then he turned and went to Jeremy, gesturing him to follow out of the classroom. Warily, Jeremy followed with Matt hot on his heels. "If you end up going, then while you're out there I want you to ask my mother where Europa is. She's been missing for a few hours and I haven't been able to get a hold of her."

Klaus saw the shock on Jeremy's face, who didn't realize that Klaus and his big sister were that close until just now before nodding. "Got it." 

Elena watched in horror as Alaric drank her blood to complete Esther's spell. He would become like the Original vampires, with all of their powers. He would become Esther's next vampire hunter, worse than even Mikael was. 

Elena watched as he finished it and set the bowl down. "Is it finished?" Alaric asked Esther. 

Shaking her head, Esther walked up to him with the indestructible white oak stake. The Stake was already stained with blood and it made Elena sick to wonder whose blood was on it. "Not just yet."

Then Esther stabbed Alaric with the stake and killed him, Elena watched as his body collapsed on the floor. "No!"

Elena stared at Alaric in shock as she pulled him to her lap, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. All she wanted now was Europa, she wanted her big sister to hug her and tell her that everything was alright. But she wasn't there and nothing was alright. Angrily, Elena ripped the stake from his chest and set it on the floor. 

"He'll wake soon. When he does he may for a time be his old self. If so you can say your goodbyes before his transition is complete." Esther said calmly to Elena. 

Glancing at the woman, Elena shook her head. "You said you wanted to undo the evil that you created, but this," Elena gestured to Alaric's body, "This is just as evil!"

"Alaric will never be what my children became. I have granted him enough power to complete his task. Then when the time is right, he will die." Stated Esther, as though that made everything okay. 

Shaking her head, Elena looked at her in confusion, "How, if he's immortal?"

Esther chose her words carefully and shook her head, "All you need to know is that when this is over we will have rid the earth of vampires once and for all."

Elena thought back to her sister's words from before. There was more on the line than just one vampire, if Esther succeeded, then an entire species would be wiped out. A genocide. "Yeah, but you'll be killing the good along with the bad, you're no better than Klaus!"

"Am I not? I desire a world where you and your loved ones will not suffer at the hands of vampires like your Aunt Jenna did." 

Angrily, Elena looked at the woman, "Don't you dare use Jenna as an excuse for what you've done."

Quickly, Esther backtracked and looked at Elena, trying to not anger the girl more. "You may draw comfort knowing that your aunt is not in the place that I was. She doesn't know the torment of The Other Side. Though made a vampire, she remained pure. She knows peace. Which is all any of us can hope for."

A twig snapped outside, ending the conversation. Esther walked out carefully, unsure as to what was happening. As soon as she cleared the Crypt, she was met with a crossbow and a rifle pointed right at her. "Don't move!" Matt ordered gruffly. 

"Where's Elena and Europa?" 

At the sound of her brother's voice, Elena ran out of the mausoleum, "Jeremy!" 

Seeing one of his sisters, Jeremy focused on Esther, "Let her go. Tell me where Europa is."

Cocking her head, Esther didn't answer. Instead, she just looked at Jeremy and Matt in boredom, "How foolish of you, to risk your lives in defense of those who will kill you. But if that is your choice." Esther raised her arms and froze the two boys, then slowly started to shift the aim of Matt's weapon. 

Seeing this, Jeremy felt his heart jump, "Matt! Matt drop your gun!"

Frantically, Matt spoke, his lips being the only part of his body that he had control over, "I can't! I'm not controlling it!"

Elena looked at Esther fearfully, "Esther stop it!"

Before she could do anything, Esther was dead. She was stabbed by the very person she created to fix her mistake with the same weapon that she made to ensure he could. "Oh my god. Where's my ring? Tell me what happened." 

As he ran back to his house, Klaus couldn't help but worry over where Europa was. Sure, she could have been angry with him, but to not speak to anyone all day? That was unusual. Klaus sighed as he sped past the different tombstones and crypts in the dark cemetery. 

An unexpected log tripped the hybrid, sending him flying into the nearest tombstone. Growling, Klaus looked over to see the lump that tripped him. The moonlight caught its brown hair and the jacket was familiar. Carefully, Klaus moved towards the lump and rolled it over. 

Bile rose in his mouth as he stared into the dead eyes of Europa Gilbert. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 576 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...
231K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
222K 5.7K 34
She was the only one that took his side without fault. Gave him the attention he felt his siblings denied him. It made him the only Original who coul...
12.4K 419 23
Klaus Mikaelson is saved by the person he least expected.... His father. Mikael. So, all the Mikaelsons get the unexpected happy endings they all des...