Chapter Nineteen: Witchy Shock Therapy

"So, what now? I mean, how do you deal with this?" Elena asked, rubbing her face in confusion. 

Both Rick and she looked at me for an answer. "Why are you looking at me?" 

"You're the genius Europa," My sister kindly reminded me in a nice, smart ass tone.

That title gets thrown in my face too often, I swear. "Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I have all the answers. I just got over my whole Klaus is my one true love thing today, and that's because he hurt Rebekah." 

"You were still on that? Why didn't you tell me?" Elena asked, sounding offended.

"When was I going to tell you? When we were kidnapping Stefan? Or was I supposed to bring it up when you all were dealing with the ghost problem? We haven't exactly had time between work, school, and undead problems." I pointed out, pouring myself a drink. 

Then I glanced at Rick, "Do you know anything? You're basically an encyclopedia for all things supernatural." 

"Am not!" Rick said in defiance, stealing my drink before I could drink it. 

My eyes narrowed at him in faux confusion, "I'm pretty sure it's one of your defining traits." 

Looking at me, Rick paused for a second. "What are the others?" 

"The drunk history teacher," I told him with a bright grin. 

"Good to know that I have more defining features than the drunk history teacher," Rick muttered, sipping the bourbon that was meant for me. "And as for the overcoming compulsion, I have no clue." 

An idea came to me, one I had half a mind to bury before it reached fruition. "Do you think Bonnie could try erasing the compulsion from my mind?" I asked slowly. 

Both Elena and Rick stared at me in shocked, abject horror. "Even if she could, and that is a big if, it would hurt like a bitch and there is no guarantee you would live," Rick complained. 

"But she might be able to," I said, holding onto the if part of that statement. "I can't just put your lives in danger because I overheard a conversation and blabbed to Klaus without knowing. If there was a way, like shock therapy or something, then it would be better than waiting with bated breath." 

Startled, choking sounds came from Elena and Rick,  "You should get some sleep before you have us hijack the power grid and fry your brain, we can't do anything until tomorrow anyway." Elena said, shaking her head at my entirely plausible suggestion of shock therapy. 

"Yeah, you're right," I said, finishing my drink and taking Alaric's empty glass. "But if Bonnie doesn't pan out," 

"No more talk about Shock Therapy!" Rick whisper shouted so he didn't wake up Jeremy. 

Raising my arms, I walked away, "Alright, alright. No need to get all in a huff now." 

The next day, Bonnie sat in our living room as she stared at me with an overwhelmed look on her face. "You were under compulsion by Klaus and want me to what?" 

"I want you to look in the grimoires and see if there is any way to reboot my mind, this time compulsion free. If you don't mind." I reiterated to her with a smile. 

The witch stared at me in shock. "Europa, this isn't like a computer where you turn it off and then back on again, this is your brain! I could make brain damage you or something." At Elena's pleading look, Bonnie checked her spell books but came up with nothing. 

Rick looked over at me worriedly, "You have that scheming look on your face, what are you thinking?" 

"Nothing. It might not even work, I want to ask someone something before I try it. You guys go to the Boarding House, I'll be here. Make sure that you don't tell me anything if you are planning something. I have to go to work anyways." I told them distractedly. 

"Great, that calms me down so much," Rick muttered under his breath. 

I grinned up at him, "I know. Now shoo! I have planning to do, taking over the world and such." 

Once they were gone, I dialed the only other Original I knew outside of Klaus. "Rebekah, I have a question for you." 

"What is it?" My friend asked slowly. 

"I know that Klaus has compelled me to spy on Elena and report back but I have a feeling that is going to prove bad for you too, am I right?" 

There was a pause as Rebekah considered her options. "Yes." She finally answered in defeat. 

"Great, so, question time. If I die, then come back to life, would the compulsion end?" 

"What?" Exclaimed Rebekah in shock, I could almost see her eyes bulging out of her head now. 

"We really don't have time, yes or no Bekah," I said hurriedly. 

There was stuttering over the phone as Rebekah went through a thousand years worth of memories to try and find the answer. "Yes, it should work, I think, but how are you going to pull this off?" 

"Oh, I'm not, I'm going to go to a doctor and see if they will," I told her with a bright grin as I gathered my bags. 

"And what if they won't?" 

"Then I'm going to go to someone of the supernatural variety." I said with a grin, grabbing my keys, "I've got to go, under no circumstances are you to tell anyone about what I'm doing, got it?" Rebekah stayed silent on the other end, "Rebekah, give me your word." 

"Fine! I'll stay quiet about your suicide run." She huffed. "Just so you know, if you die, I'll kill you myself." 

"Fantastic," I said before hanging up on her and starting my car. Now, so long as Klaus doesn't call me today, I should be set. Scrolling through my contacts, I found an old friend from New Orleans that owed me a favor. 

"Hey, Sophie, you want to help me with something?" 

"With what would the genius Europa Gilbert need help with?" My old friend asked over the phone. 

I shrugged, "Something I would need a witch for, you down?" 

"Woah, I'm going to need more information than that. What's going on?" She asked me in concern over the phone. 

I shrugged. "One of two things, I either need a way to break compulsion of an Original Vampire," 

Immediately deciding against the first option, Sophie moved onto the second. "Or?"

"Or I need you to kill me and bring me back to life again." 

Sophie paused, hating the second option more than the first. "Option A it is. I'll need power though, a lot of it. Any place with a lot of death or magic presence would work perfectly." 

This stumped me, I wasn't a witch so most of their sacred grounds were lost on me. "Where would we find that?" I asked in confusion. 

"Meet me in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I'll have a few friends with me to channel. We'll get rid of that compulsion for you in no time." 

"Thanks, Deveraux, it means a lot." 

"No problem, Gilbert."