True Colors of the World - So...

By animatedgamer

Sam and Colby start getting feelings for each other but refuse to tell each other. Not all the locations may... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 19

101 4 0
By animatedgamer

Colby's pov:

   We had just drove into the airport and my dread grew as we got closer and closer. Sam had ended up falling asleep on my shoulder during the drive over here and I really didn't want to wake him up, he looked so peaceful; but it wasn't really my choice. 

   "Is he passed out?" Elton walked over and asked after he finally parked the RV. I slowly nodded and he started silently laughing. He looked at Corey and waved him over, all the while I was so confused. 

   "On the count of three, everyone start clapping, ok?" Elton whispered and Corey laughed a bit. I smiled and nodded along. 

   "Okay ready? 1... 2... 3!" Elton whispered. On the last count, we all started clapping and I felt Sam lift his head. All of a sudden he began to clap his hands with us, his eyes still closed. Everyone burst out laughing and Sam finally opened his eyes and laughed along with us. 

   "Well good morning sunshine! Time to get off this god forsaken RV and onto the plane home!"  Elton screamed while moving to grab his bags. Sam stretched next to me and I couldn't help but stare. How did I end up with someone like him? He's so perfect, and I'm just, not. 

   "See something you like cutie?" Sam said while looking at me and smirking slightly. 

   "Absolutely." I said as I wrapped my arms around his midsection and squeezing him tight. Sam giggled and wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed the top of my head while giggling. 

   "I love you cutie, so so much" Sam whispered to me. I smiled and nuzzled into his neck, lightly kissing his neck. 

   "I love you too loser, now lets go get our stuff and get out of here!" I said, pushing him a bit to scooch him out of the small seat. He laughed and put his hands up in surrender. I stood up and stretched a bit before going to grab my bag and follow everyone out of the cramped RV. It's weird. I really didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to stay either. There was so many bad memories that happened in this place, but I know the second we get home, so many more bad things will happen. I took a big breath and stepped out of the RV. 

   "Everyone have everything? Chargers, headphones, wallets, anything left in there?" Elton asked. Corey gasped a bit and dropped his bag and ran back inside. A few minutes later he ran back out with a twenty dollar bill. 

   "I forgot  hid this from you so I didn't have to pay for dinner!" Corey laughed. We all laughed a bit and finally closed up the RV. We started to head inside of the airport and my nerves started to get to me. We went through security, Corey getting stopped because he forgot to take the chain off of his jeans. Eventually we sat down and waited for our plane to get called. 

   "Hey, I'm going to go grab something quick to eat, do you want to come with me and grab something too?" Sam asked me. 

   "Sure! I might just get a coffee though, I don't want to have to get up on the plane ride." I said, while in reality I was really nervous about eating. I didn't want to get any bigger than I already am. Sam stood up and reached his hand out for me to take; I grabbed his hand and stood up next to him. 

   "Hey Elton, Corey, Colby and I are running to grab something to drink! Do you guys want anything?" Sam asked, I thought he wanted something to eat though..

   "Ooh yeah, could you get me a Redbull, or if they don't have that then just a black coffee!" Elton replied, Sam just nodded and looked at Corey seeing if he wanted anything. 

   "I'll just have a water so I can actually fall asleep on the flight, thank you!" Corey said, not looking away from his phone. 

   "Okay, we'll be right back!" Sam said, walking away and pulling me with him. I caught up slightly and squeezed his hand a bit. He looked down at me and smiled at bit, squeezing my hand back. 

   "I thought you said you wanted something to eat, how come you only asked for drinks?" I finally asked, feeling a bit awkward, I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable with my stupid questions. 

   "Well, you said you weren't eating, so I don't want to be rude!" Sam said, smiling a bright smile at the end of his sentence, making me blush slightly. I feel bad though, if that's how he choses to be, then he would never eat all because of me.. 

   "Sam, if you're hungry, then get something to eat! I'm just usually not hungry." I said, getting quieter as I went on. He stopped dead in his tracks, not letting go of my hand. I stopped as well and looked up at him. He looked shocked and I had no clue why. 

   "Colby. You have barely eaten anything on this trip. You have to be at least a little hungry." He said, slowly moving his hands to my shoulders. I just shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my feet. 

   "I try not to eat too much. It helps me stay smaller... I know I need to lose quite a bit more weight.." I said quietly, I didn't think he heard me, that is until I felt him squeeze my shoulders and lower his head into the crook of my neck. I could feel his soft breath on my neck. I slowly wrapped my arms around him, thinking that's all he wanted, but I was wrong. I felt his shoulders shake as he lightly cried into my shoulder, I didn't know what to say or do, other than just hug him tighter and hope I was helping in some way. 

   "Colby... Why do you do that to yourself.? Your body is perfect, there isn't an ounce of fat on you! You are amazing in every way possible! There is nothing about you that I don't love!" He whispered, getting slightly louder after every sentence. He moved his hands around my waist and squeezed the back of my shirt as his tears soaked the shoulder of my shirt. I silently started to cry as well, but I didn't want to make it obvious with my head buried in his chest. He gave me one last squeeze and slowly lifted his head. I kept my head down, I didn't want to see that look of disappointment in his eyes. I heard him huff slightly and felt him move one of his hands. Soon enough his hand was under my chin and he lifted my head to look straight into his shiny blue eyes. 

   "Colby, You're gorgeous, I don't care how much you weigh or how you look, as long as you're you, I'll always love you. Now please for the love of god, at least get something small to eat, for me?" Sam pleaded, pulling a sad smile on his tear stained face. 

   "I'll try.. but I can't guarantee it'll stay down, or at least not a lot.." I said in a hushed voice. Sam slightly laughed and put his forehead against mine, softly closing his eyes. I laughed a little and leaned forward to catch his lips in a quick kiss. 

   "C'mon, let's go get their drinks first and then we can run to the little chipotle in here and get something small ok? Just for starters." He said, slightly backing up and wiping the small tears left dripping on his face, I did the same and slowly nodded. He looked at me and held his hand out for me to take which I did almost immediately. We quickly walked to the small store and bought a water bottle and two Redbull's for Corey and Elton. Once we had those, we trudged over to the small Chipotle in the airports food area and got something to eat. Sam had gotten a huge steak burrito and I had gotten a chicken salad, that I already know I won't be able to finish. We quickly started walking back to where Corey and Elton were waiting. We got back to see Elton passed out and Corey still looking at his phone. We walked up to them and I held the water bottle out to Corey which he kindly took out of my hand and mouthed a 'thank you' to me as to not wake sleeping beauty. I gently placed Elton's drinks on top of his bag and walked back to my seat in between Corey and Sam.

   Sam leaned over to me and whispered into my ear "Are you eating now or waiting to get on the plane?" I thought it over a bit, If I eat it now, then I have to eat in front of Corey too, but I already know I'll be too anxious on the plane to even move, so that is a big no. 

   "I'll try to eat now, but I can't promise I'll eat too much." I whispered back to him. Sam just nodded and took his food out first before handing me mine with the plastic form they gave us. I opened the small container and took one small bite just to start and see if my stomach will allow me to actually keep something down. Nothing seemed to be going wrong, so I kept eating as much as I could. Within about twenty minutes, Sam's food was gone, and mine was a little over half way gone, but Corey kept stealing huge bites of mine. When I tried to take my next small bite, I got slightly nauseous and had to stop, I don't want to be sick right now. I poked Sam's shoulder and waited for him to look at me before showing him the salad. He smiled and nodded slightly to tell me I could stop if I couldn't eat anymore. I didn't want to waste food though..

   "Corey, do you want the rest of this? I don't want to eat too much before the flight. " I said, holding it out for him to take. 

   "Yeah, but are you sure you don't want anymore?" Corey questioned, I just nodded as he took it out of his hands and started eating. I sighed and leaned my head on Sam's shoulder. He leaned over slightly and kissed the top of my head before resting his on top of mine. Not even five minutes later, they called for our flight over the intercom. We all stood up and looked at the still sleeping Elton. Corey sighed and gently shook Elton awake and told him to get his stuff together. Elton stretched and stood up, grabbing his stuff, and shoving the two Redbull cans into his pockets. He smiled at me in thanks for the drinks and I immediately smiled back. We started to make our way to the boarding area and my nerves started to grow. I quickly grabbed Sam's hand and squeezed it in a death grip, Sam just laughed and pulled me towards him so I was snuggled into his side with his arm around my shoulders. I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck as we kept walking. We got up to the boarding lady and gave her our tickets before getting onto the plane. My hands started to lightly shake as we took our seats. Sam and I had a row to ourselves and Elton and Corey had the one in front of us. Sam had taken the window seat, just so I wouldn't get even more scared than I already was. We had finally taken our seats and I tried to relax as much as I could. 

   "You ok baby? You're shaking" Sam said, holding onto my trembling hand. 

   "Maybe, I really don't like planes so I'm sorry if I cling to you like a little kid." I said laughing a little bit. Sam giggled quietly and pulled me closer than I already was, gently playing with my hair to calm me down as much as he could. After a few minutes of the flight attendees saying what they needed to, the flight started to take off. I closed my eyes and leaned into Sam as much as I could at that moment. We started to hit some turbulence and I started trembling more than I already was. Sam lifted the small arm rest that separated us and pulled me down so my head was resting on his lap. I clung to the fabric of his pants as much as I could while he continued to play wit my hair to calm my nerves. Eventually the turbulence ended, but I stayed put. Sam leaned down and gave the side of my face a few kisses before kissing my lips. 

   "Are you ok now beautiful?" He asked while resting his hand on my waist. I just slowly nodded my head and snuggled into his lap  further than I already was. I yawned and rubbed my eyes slightly, getting comfortable up against Sam, him wrapping his arms around me to make sure I felt safe. He kissed the top of my head before getting comfortable himself. 

    "See ya when we land sleepyhead." He yawned out, slowly closing his eyes as he started to drift to sleep. I smiled and leaned back to give him a quick kiss before laying back down against him and drifting into a somewhat peaceful sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! I am so sorry that it took so long for this chapter to come out! I had to go and get a new computer because my old one finally died on me. But some cool things happened while I was gone! I got accepted into an awesome college, had my last winter concert with my high schools chorus, and made some awesome new friends! I promise I'll try to have the nest few chapters out soon! It should be a lot easier for me now! I hope everyone had a nice holiday! <3  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 1.4K 21
Sam and Colby have always been best friends; inseparable since nine-years-old. What happens when one of them develops feelings for the other? How wi...
213K 5.6K 33
Sam and Colby are youtubers. In pursuing this line of work, who knows how the line between reality and fiction will be blurred? COMPLETED! keeping it...
1.3K 39 11
solby enemies to lovers ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ told in lowercase sorry babes ๐Ÿ˜— uhm a general overview: colby hates sam and they are put next to eachother on the pla...
33.8K 1.2K 20
This is a story of how Sam and Colby, friends since childhood, face the struggles of school and how their life changes throughout. One falls in a fal...