Loving You

By coffeeshopsoundtrax

Carter Miller, is a freshman at UNC. Attempting to run away from her small town in New Hampshire with her bes... More

Warnings & Being Respectful
Dedication
Playlist
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER: THE PROPOSAL
BONUS CHAPTER II: Engagement Party
BOOK II OF YOU & BASKETBALL SERIES

5

58.6K 1.2K 339
By coffeeshopsoundtrax

This is definitely not right.

I tilt my head at the math problem in front of me as though it will help me figure it out. Why is math even a thing? I'm not kidding when I tell you looking at this to me, it looks like a foreign language. In all honesty, the guy beside me looks more confused than I do and that's a hard task to accomplish.

So, maybe I'm not dumb.

"Carter Miller?"

My eyes widen at the sound of my name coming from my professors mouth.

Oh fuck.

I don't even know what she just said let alone how to answer a question that I didn't listen to. I don't even know what equation we are on right now.

"Uh," I mumble glancing at the guy next to me. He gives me a lost look. Everyone else is avoiding all eye contact with the woman and I don't even know howI became her victim.

"What is the standard deviation?" she asks me as if I know what that is. As if I was listening to anything she was saying. I'm going to be honest, I can't even see the board from back here.

I'm screwed.

"14?" I throw the number out there.

She gives me a look telling me that my answer is nowhere near being right. Not even looking at the slide next to the professor is helping me out right now. It's just a random graph.

"Jeremy Gregor?" The guy next to me practically breaks his neck to look at the teacher. I chuckle at him shaking my head. A sigh leaves my professors lips. "Can anyone tell me what the standard deviation is?"

Everyone gives her the same blank stares that Jeremy and I gave her. Although Jeremy looks like he could not careless if he answered her question or not. Our professor continues on with her standard deviation lecture. She is practically going around in circles with all this talk.

I glance down at Jeremy Gregors backpack and my eyes widen. Oh this must be some sick joke. Basketball players seem to have come out of hiding because they are all I see now. First, I find out Asher Fletcher is in my class. Then, the class after that another random basketball player popped up and now here. Another stupid basketball player. It's like the universe is testing me with all these hot basketball players

The universe is taunting me.

Majority of basketball players are hot but I do not want to be called a jersey chaser. That is not something I would ever want to become especially as a freshman. My phone buzzes on my thigh making me jump. Jeremy casts me a look of amusement but I ignore him.

Lace: Baseball house tonight! 11

C: I'm in!

Rae: Always in! I have cheer but it ends at 10.

I resist the urge to get up and leave. Today is Thursday, also known as the best day to go out. No matter where me and the girls are going we always have a good time. Especially on Thursdays.

Lace: BIGGGGGG chance we are seeing Braden and Michael tonight ;)

My stomach does a flip for Lacey. I still have yet to meet these two basketball players but let me tell you by the pictures, they are fine.

"That's it for today, I will see you all next time. And I want all of you to know what standard deviation is by next Tuesday."

I look up with a sigh of relief shutting my notebook with one hand. I slide it into my backpack as Jeremy lets out a breath.

"Fuck this class," he says as I put my backpack onto my shoulders. I nod my head at him in agreement.

"Amen to that," I say laughing a little. He smiles at me and I notice how cute the kid is. His pearly whites and his brown hair. Cutie.

"I would ask you if we can study but I didn't catch your name?" he asks me. That was smooth. I release a laugh.

"It's Carter," I say smiling up at him. Wow, he's hot up close. His short brown hair and muscles that can be seen through his shirt is always a plus but him and his girlfriend are the cutest. I could literally never do that.

He nods his head in understanding, "So, that studying?"

"Yeah I would definitely be down to do that," I say nodding my head at him. We exchange our snaps and phone numbers switching our phones in the process.

"I'll see you around, Carter," he says with a smile. I smile back as he walks down the steps. I do a quick little dance because I really was in need of a study partner. I exit out of the lecture hall. I really hope he didn't turn around and see me do that because that would be extremely awkward.

I step outside into the warm air excited to get back to my dorm to take a nap before we go out. The girls and I usually take naps in our beds with Lacey on our futon. Rae leaves during dinner time for practice and comes back while we are pregaming.

I honestly have no idea who is going out tonight but I have a feeling it'll just be Rae, Lacey, and I. Tori doesn't like getting up any earlier than she has to and Julie doesn't go out on Thursday's. Q will most likely be at his frat for tonight or going to the bars.

I head back to more dorm and swipe into it. I wave hello to my RA sitting on duty as I walk up the stairs to my room. I unlock my door and look to see if anyone is in Rae and Julie's room. The door is closed so I let it go and make my way into my room. I throw my backpack on ground and flip the light switch on. Tori is also gone meaning I have the whole place to myself.

I change into a pair of sleep shorts and a tee shirt. I climb into my bed and flip the tv onto Netflix. I click on Grey's Anatomy and curl up into ku comforter. I close my eyes contently. The annoying sound of my ringtone makes me groan.

I feel around on my bed for it and grab it. I pick it up without looking at the caller ID, "Hello?"

"Can you come let me in? I have some urgent tea to spill," Lacey squeals over the phone. I slightly pull the phone away from my ear and wince. Lacey White is always the girl who has the drama or anything really. Boys, gossip, everything and I love her to death.

I sigh sitting up in my bed and hopping down from it, "Yes, I am coming."

She replies a quick 'thanks' before hanging up the phone. I groan sliding my feet into flip flops to make my way downstairs. I make my way downstairs and push open the door. Lacey's blonde hair shines in the sun and she looks put together, per usual. Her school makeup on and a cute pink plaid skirt and a white crop top paired with Air Force 1s. I seriously don't know how the girl has time to look that put together going to college classes.

But respect her for it.

"Holy shit, dude," she says walking in front of me with a purpose. I furrow my eyebrows at her and fall into step with her.

"What's happening? Also did you forget your keycard again?"

Lacey turns around, "Yes and I will tell you as soon as we get up the stairs."

I raise my eyebrows at her but follow her up our stairs and towards my dorm room. We walk back into my dorm room and head into mine and Tori's side. I jump onto my bed while Lacey takes spot on the futon. Grey's Anatomy still plays on the tv lowly reminding me of the nap I am missing out on.

"Okay, so explain to me what's happening," I ask her kicking my shoes off. Lacey claps her hands excitedly. I hope up onto my bed.

"Remember Michael Burke and Braden Williams, well they were both texting me. And I think they are coming to baseball tonight," she says repeating the text she sent earlier. "But my problem is that I think Braden is bringing a girl so I'm bringing Michael."

"Wait. Wait. Do you think that's a good idea, Lace? Ya know with them being teammates," I explain to her. She frowns picking at a string hanging off of the futon.

"I mean yeah but Braden is talking to other girls," she defends herself. I nod my head in agreement with her.

"No yeah, I totally get you not wanting to be the only one loyal. So talk to other guys just maybe not the teammate," I reason with her. She nods her head thinking through the option I gave her. I am all for talking to as many guys as you want. Guys do it so why can't girls.

"Ugh Braden followed me on Instagram after we met in my Econ class and he DMed me for my snap, he was the one to reach out first. I have no idea how Michael Burke got my snap though. Probably from Braden right?" Lacey asks all in one breath. I laugh shaking my head at her and leaning my back against the wall.

"Slow down, Lacey. What's your logic here?" I ask her. My brain can't comprehend me talking to one guy let alone two. More power to her but I'm going to need a diagram of this so I don't fuck up the names

"Braden reached out first. So, I stick with Braden and I can still be friends with Michael." Lacey falls back against the futon. She looks up at me with her baby blue eyes, "Right?"

"Right. I think you should do what you think is best but at the same time sleeping with both of them does sound like a recipe for disaster," I offer up. Lacey glares at me grabbing of the pillows behind her. She launches it at me. The smack of the pillow against my face and the fuzz in my mouth makes me groan in annoyance.

"Whatever, it's not like they don't pass around girls like candy. What's her face is always oogling over the new one of the week," Lacey comments. I toss the pillow back at her. She places it back behind her head sighing. I pick the fuzz out of my mouth and sigh.

"Who?" I ask her confused.

"Kristen Davidson?" Lacey responds staring up at the ceiling. My eyes widen, this name again? So is she like a regular? Or just for Asher. I'm just all around confused.

"The girl with Asher?"

Lacey laughs looking over at me, "Oh she's not with Asher. According to the President of my sorority he's just using her for sex and she's also psycho from what I heard. Threatening people and shit."

"She sounds like a joy of a human being," I say picking away at my comforter. I don't like that notion about Asher Fletcher at all. Using her for sex? Really? What a dick. Even if she is supposedly psycho.

"Wait how do you know her?" Lacey asks me with furrowed eyebrows. I stare at her pursing my lips together.

Nice job, Carter.

"Um you know gossip travels," I say waving a hand in front of my face. Lacey sits up on the futon with a jaw dropped.

"Not about her it doesn't. Did you stalk Asher? This is amazing!" Lacey shrieks standing up on the couch. I hush her shaking my head furiously. What is with these people? First Q now Lacey. What is this dude like God? Everyone's acting like he's my fucking soulmate.

I've spoken maybe a total of ten words to him.

He is attractive and his tattoos are very hot and his fluffy hair and his muscles but no, I do not need Asher Fletcher and his whatever drama near me. People know me very well enough all thanks to Q's frat and a very large bottle of tequila. Paired with karaoke and me falling off of a stage and Barstool. Plus, the fact that everyone just seems to be in my business, I have enough to deal with. 

"You talked to him," Lacey says bringing me out of my thoughts. I raise my eyebrows at her. How did she know what happened at my COMM class? "In the dinning hall?"

Oh, right.

"Yeah, why?" I ask nonchalantly. I didn't tell anyone about the conversation because it was just that. A conversation in class. We will probably never speak to each other again so the fuck is the point?

"You seem confused," Lacey states.

"Aren't I always?" I question her. She rolls her eyes at me laying back down on her makeshift bed. I lay down on my own bed and face Derek and Meredith.

"Look, all I'm saying is it's not solid. So," Lacey's words trail off. I glare at her over the side of the bed but her eyes are closed. I sigh closing my own eyes.

"We talked."

"Who talked?"

"Me and Asher."

"Yeah I know in the-"

"No after that. In class," I confess rolling onto my back. A shriek from below me is heard and then a weight over my body. My eyes snap open and I wheeze.

"And said what!" Lacey shrieks again. I shove her off of me and she lays next to me eagerly awaiting. So, I tell her every not juicy detail about the encounter. Lacey is more excited than I am about the whole thing.

"It was literally nothing," I tell her rolling onto my side. "Now it's nap time."

Lacey sighs getting off of my bed again and going onto her own space. I let my eyes close again ready for the best nap of a lifetime.

"I'm just saying once again, Kristen Davidson and Asher Fletcher are not solid."

"Lacey!"

"Sorry. I'll shut up but just think about it," Lacey says. I close my eyes again and instead of thinking about what outfit I should wear tonight. I'm think about a basketball player.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.5K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
98.6K 1.3K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
122K 3.5K 45
Summer Sanders is going through it. The pressures of school are mounting, and her home life is completely falling apart. Feeling bored and lonely on...
33.7K 981 44
Charlotte Ruiz was once a shy girl who had a small crush on Tom when they were kids. As the years go by Charlotte's crush was soon forgotten. Thomas...