When Sophomores Collide (Boyx...

Autorstwa euwangabrielll

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, holding my penguin printed handkerchief. M... Więcej

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Day Jitters
Chapter 2: Embarrassment
Chapter 3: Music
Chapter 5: Dreaming of You
Chapter 6: Invitation
Chapter 7: Bestfriend
Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy
Chapter 9: Camping in the Wild
Chapter 10: Gummies
Chapter 11: Troublemaker
Chapter 12: The Offer
Chapter 13: Snapped
Chapter 14: The Committee
Chapter 15: The Preparation
Chapter 16: Birthday Boy
Chapter 17: A Morning at the Fierro's
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Homecoming Escapade
Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty
Chapter 21: Luxurious Party
Chapter 22: Shopping Spree
Chapter 23: Revelation
Chapter 24: Confrontation
Chapter 25: Forgive and Forget?
Chapter 26: The Beginning
Chapter 27: Rubies and Hand Fans
Chapter 28: The Truth
Chapter 29: Sabotage
Chapter 30: Family Feud
Chapter 31: Name, Cleared
Chapter 32: Happy Valentine's
Chapter 33: Frozen
Chapter 34: Friendship Over?
Chapter 35: The Presentation
Chapter 36: Eliminated
Chapter 37: The Council
Chapter 38: Disastrous Outrage
Chapter 39: Happy Birthday?
Chapter 40: Camping Mischief
Chapter 41: The Betrayal
Chapter 42: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 43: Three Words for You
Chapter 44: To Catch a Traitor
Chapter 45: The Traitorous Princess
Chapter 46: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 47: The Rage of the Storm
Chapter 48: Playing with Fire
Chapter 49: The Villainous Queen
Chapter 50: Happily Ever After
Epilogue
this book sucks lol

Chapter 4: Acquaintances

8.2K 319 145
Autorstwa euwangabrielll

Chapter 4: Acquaintances

Theo

"Theo?"

I swiveled my head around to the source of the sound.

"Can we... talk?" Hunter said with a sheepish smile as he slowly walked down the stairs. I felt my face heat up as he got closer to me. He sat down beside me and I had to look away so he wouldn't notice my tomato looking ass face. 

I gave an insouciant shrug. "Sure." Hunter seemed to notice my uneasiness.

"You seem uncomfortable." He said.

"I'm sorry, I just don't really like talking with strangers, really." I slightly turned my head towards him but continued looking down at my feet.

"Understandable, but we've had an interaction, right? Which leaves us... acquaintances." He explained with a faint smile. 

"I suppose..." 

"By the way. I'm really sorry about what happened there. What Reign did was inexcusable." He said with a frown. More like bitchy. And also, how could I refuse that kind of face?

I frowned as well. "It's fine. I mean it's just my drawing... and my clothes and my phone." My voice was harder than normal. I was still bitter honestly.

"I'm really sorry. If you want, I could buy you a new one?" He said so casually.

My eyes widened. "No! It's fine. Don't bother. As long as it doesn't happen again. That's all." 

He smiled. "I'll make sure of that." His smile was so contagious that I had to smile too. 

We stayed silent, the sound of water flowing and the sun shining down on it was perfect. The room also had a really big window that looked out the city, the busy part of the town. I could imagine the sun setting. It would be beautiful. And with the right person with you. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" 

I swiveled my head around again. "Hmm?"

He fixed his hair that was already perfect. "You look like you have something important in your mind. Hopefully you're still not thinking about what happened earlier." 

Why would he want to know what I was thinking?

"Oh no. I was just thinking about this room. Appreciating the beauty if I would say so." I explained. 

"So you're in fond of nature too?" He asked.

I let out a little smile. "Nature and beautiful views, imagine sitting here and looking out the window and admiring the sunset!" Enthusiasm sparked my voice.

He smiled at me back. 

I can't believe I'm actually talking to Hunter, and he's smiling at me. He's actually putting effort to smile, for me

"We seem to have a lot in common. You draw right? I saw your drawing back there. I was actually impressed, I just hoped I saw it at a different circumstances." He said. I nodded with an acknowledging smile. "I'd love to see some of your creations." He added

"And I'd love to show you." 

Oof, that sounded wrong. 

Once again, we fell silent along with the room, except for the flowing water and the faint rustling of the leaves. 

"Theo." He called out. I turned my head to him, he had a more serious expression now. "Is it okay with you if we become friends?" He had a very hopeful expression. 

Wow, he suddenly wants to be friends? That doesn't make sense, not literally. I was very confused as to why he would want to become friends with me after all these years. Is it that he only discovered about my existence and already wants to be friends? Am I overthinking and he just really wants to befriend everyone? Or he's messing with me? But he isn't the type of guy who would do that. He's really nice and sweet and everything! Now I'm overthinking, having trust issues is tough, especially when socializing. 

A hand suddenly rested on my shoulder which pulled me out of my thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked, his brows furrowed a little. I'm very tempted to kiss him right now, I better stop myself. 

My eyes widen from the contact of our bodies. "Um. Yes. I'm alright. I was just... thinking." I excused. 

"Well what do you say?" He waited patiently, pressing his lips together. "It's alright if you refuse, It really would be weird if I suddenly just wanted to be friends to you." His voice got a little lower. 

Exactly?

I puffed my cheeks, something I do when I'm stuck or in need of deciding. "Can I at least know... why?" I know I'm questioning a really good opportunity.

He suddenly smiled. "I-I don't know. There's just something... that-- you know what. I really don't know. I just don't want to be left as acquaintances with you... I-I mean with anyone! If we had talked, it means we're meant to be friends or something like that..." Right, none of what he said made sense but I noticed the stuttering. 

He wants to specifically befriend me, I know. What I don't know is why? 

I squinted my eyes, trying to make sense of this messy situation. I just chose to play along of whatever he's planning. 

I plastered on a smile. "I accept." 

His expression suddenly shifted from very serious to an enthusiastic one in like, a second. I don't even know it was possible to do that. 

"Really?" He smiled. "Now that that's done, we could start with an introduction. I'm Hunter Fierro. I'm sixteen years-old, and I was born on September 3. Nice to meet you!"

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Wondering of what I should say, I started fumbling but eventually found my voice. "Um. I'm Theodore Willshire. I'm sixteen years-old, and I was born on October 13... Was that a proper introduction?" 

He nodded then suddenly extended a hand to me, I stared at it for a few moments before taking it. His hands were impossibly smooth. He shook it with a charming smile which tend to melt me every time. I wasn't able to do anything but smile back. 

"You should smile more, you look better. Not that you didn't look good not smiling... but smiling's always better." He said which got me blushing again. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I rarely even blush and I always knew what to say. 

Is this how he charm girls?

"Thank you. U-um, you too." He smiled again, if he keeps doing that, I don't know what I'd do.

He checked the time on his watch and his smile dropped slightly. "Ah, I have to go. It was nice talking to you, Theo." He stood up and I nodded.

"You too." I muttered quietly but he definitely heard it, judging by his smile.

Wow

Just a few days ago, I was expecting of another year of failure and daydreaming of Hunter. And now, look at me. I think this was the best thing that happened to me these past few years, of course except for my improvement and attitude shift. I stayed sitting for a few moments, just thinking of what just happened. 

I eventually had thought of better things to do, so I stood up and left the room.

I came back to our tree and saw all of my friends there. They haven't noticed me come closer until Cielo pointed it out. They all swiveled their heads around, concern etched on their faces.

"What happened?" Cielo himself asked. 

I started to unbutton my denim jacket. Revealing my worse-than-before coffee encrusted shirt. "Tada! A new design." I said with an enthusiasm I didn't know where the hell I got.

"Obviously that's someone else's doing." Cielo pointed out.

"We got here earlier, Reign with a half empty cup of coffee, your drawing in ruins and Hunter." Mika said, her brows furrowed. "Wait... did Reign do this?" She asked, I nodded with a roll of my eyes. 

"I swear to god. This bitch--" I elbowed Athena to stop her from saying her curse. 

"Hunter promised me it wouldn't happen again anyway."

They suddenly all turned towards me. A confused look on their faces. "Since when did you and Hunter promise shit to each other?" Cielo asked.

"Does he like you?" Mika added

"Did he show you his abs? How many?" Wei asked.

My eyes widened. "No! We didn't promise shit, he doesn't like me. And he most certainly did not show me his abs!" My voice got quieter and quieter to prevent embarrassment. "Although I would've wanted that. But it didn't happen!"

"That sucks. I would've been happy to see his abs." Wei crossed her arms and frowned.

"Hands off, those are only for me!" I said with so much attitude.

She laughed a little, tucking strands of brown hair on her ear. "Fine, fine. I'll settle with Luke."

I turned towards her. "Oh wow." That's the only words that were only able to leave my mouth when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to find Masha's face, her brows furrowed. "Hi!" I greeted in shock, kind of not expecting her presence.

"Theo. I saw what happened earlier. With Reign and all." She sat down beside me. "Please let me--"

I interrupted her with a wave of a hand. "It's fine Masha. It wasn't any one's fault."

"Um, excuse your blind ass, Theo. It was Reign's fault for Christ sake." Athena shouted but not enough for other people to hear.

"I believe it was the cups fault. It was so dumb it tripped. Happy?" I said with a raised brow and a thumbs up.

"Please let me know if she does something like this again? Inform me or Hunter, or even Luke." Masha said with a faint smile and a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you Masha. But that won't be necessary. I think Hunter will tell her off." I smiled reassuringly.

"Just in case." She extended a hand and I took it. Then she suddenly pulled me into a hug. "I feel like we're best friends already!" She squealed.

I saw Mika and Wei look up with an 'eh?' look. These bitches.

We pulled back and untangled ourselves from each other. "I've got to go, Theo. See you tomorrow!" She waved goodbye and left our little meeting. Then our focus suddenly went on two figures arguing... Yup we're seeing it right. Hunter and Reign.

I looked at all of my friends and raised a brow. "See?"

...

"I'm really sorry honey. I'll repay you next time." My mom's stressed voice on the other line said.

"It's okay mom. Just don't tire yourself out. I'm fine here." I reassured.

"I'm really sorry. Are you sure you're fine?"

"Yes mom, I'm sure. Now you can go back to your work. I love you."

I heard my mother sigh over the line. "I love you too." She hung up.

So if you don't understand what's happening. Basically, my mom can't get me home with her car now. She has work and I stayed up late with my friends and Theodosia's with her friends. Why does lady luck have to be like this? I don't even think I can still take the bus. Can I call uber? I don't know what to do. And I can't walk, not because it's far. It's because it's not the nicest road to walk. My mom doesn't suggest it. But that doesn't mean I couldn't do it. 

I brought out my umbrella and my keys for the destination. Keys are a really great defense for bitches that wants your organs. Just tuck them between your fingers and BAM! Wolverine looking ass defense. I started my walk. Probably a good twenty meters when a voice called out my name.

I turned towards it and saw a car. A good looking red car. I don't know what brand it was but it was so freaking cool. "Theo!" The man's voice called again.

"Hunter?" I called out. I was indeed correct. He nodded in recognition. "Um. What's up... dude?" I tried to act cool but grimaced in embarrassment upon hearing myself.

Hunter laughed in a friendly tone. But then he remembered what he called me for. "Isn't this road dangerous? Why are you walking?" He asked.

I smiled sheepishly at him. "I really don't have a choice."

He frowned and ran a hand through his raven black hair. "You could ride with me. I got plenty of space here."

My eyes widened. "N-no!"

"Please. Let me. I need to repay you for what Reign did."

"Hunter. I already told you it's fine."

"Well let me do it as a friend." He looks at me with that puppy doe eyes.

I frowned "Are you sure?"

"Yes" His frown still not dropping.

I furrowed my brows. This is a chance to spend time with my crush and he's the one initiating it. "Okay fine."

He smiled at me, his teeth pearl white. He opened the door. "Hop in."

Is this what's riding a roller coaster is like?!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

15M 459K 32
"We can't do this." I whisper as our lips re-connect, a tingling fire surging through my body as his hands ravage unexplored lands; my innocence di...
247K 12.2K 35
(bxb) After a year of surviving an all boys boarding school, William Brown thought he had finally navigated the ups and downs that the rich, private...
2.3M 41.3K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...