THE SECOND HEROINE || extraor...

By LCVERYU

Oh Ara wakes up two weeks after the car accident that killed her parents. She continues to live her life with... More

THE SECOND HEROINE
prologue: voices
1: no memories
2: first day
4: self-aware
5: jinmichae
6: explanations
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 1>
7: the manhwa world
8: eun danoh
9: the black hole in the middle of the air
10: explanations, again.
11: getting friendly
12: it's time for you to know
13: crown princess hyun seol
<OST PLAYLIST PT. 2>
14: what an eventful day
15: when realization hits you so hard
16: wait... what just happened?
17: our little moments, our new memories
18: the promises that are close to my heart
19: Danoh goes crazy and here I am falling for her fiancee
20: before Eun Danoh, there was Hyun Seol
21: the two girls with illnesses
< TAG! YOU'RE IT! >
22: a change of stage
23: the black knights
24: an old friend
25: the hyun reunion
26: the weird stage
27: finding haru
28. haru is here
29. your eyes tell
30. dohwa is aware
31. the little boy
32. the comfort in silence
33. a change of mind
34. the stage, version b
🌼NOT AN UPDATE! BUT PLS READ!🌼
🌼 PLEASE READ !! 🌼
35: let's hang out!
36: this looks really familiar
37: before summer break
38: some things never change

3: lee dohwa

6.1K 196 60
By LCVERYU

3: lee dohwa (featuring baek kyung and oh namju; the old, bickering couple)

I watched as Eun Danoh looked at the guy and gave the soccer ball a back kick.

My eyes went wide at her unexpected action. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or go up to her and say that she was being rude, but before I could decide on what I should do, Eun Danoh had already walked away.

"Well, that was something..." I muttered under my breath as I looked for the soccer ball.

I found it near a tree and walked over to pick it up. After I picked up the soccer ball, I turned around and saw the male student who called out to Eun Danoh standing two feet away from me in shock. I felt even more unsure of what to do in this kind of situation. Why is he staring at me like that? Is there something on my face? Or my school uniform-

"I-is that y-you?" He spoke up while shakily pointing at me. "Oh Ara?!"

I suddenly felt embarrassed. Having no memories due to that car accident is making me feel so many emotions in every way possible. Can I just take a break for a minute, please?

"Um, hi..." I replied back after I bowed, still unsure of what to say. "Um, it is me... Oh Ara..."

The young male student took a step towards me and under the green tree's shade, I saw his name tag. Lee Dohwa. My heart started to beat rapidly when I remember hearing his name from Namju back in the hospital a few days ago.

"And this here is, Lee Dohwa," Namju continues on after explaining to me on who Baek Kyung was. "He's one of the musical prodigies in our school and a part of A3. But the only thing you must remember is that you've been best friends since you were kids."

"So, I'm childhood BFFs with this guy?" I asked, just making sure. Namju nods his head with a proud smile. "That's right, Ara."

"Is there anything else I need to know about him?" 

Namju chuckles. "Yes, actually, there is one more thing."

I looked at him suspiciously. "And that is?"

"...You've had a huge crush on him since you were 5."

"Lee Dohwa, right?" I called out as I tried to calm my darn heart.

The male student smiles in relief. "You remember me?" He asked, hoping.

I sadly smiled at him. "Sorry, no, I don't."

"Oh." Dohwa looks at his shoes for a few seconds, making me feel bad. Then I added in, "But Namju told me a few things about you that could help me jog up to my memories of you."

Lee Dohwa, who looks to be a gentle and kind guy, looks back at me with a smile on his face. That made me feel even better than before. Then he spoke up, "School will be starting in a few minutes. How about you give me back the soccer ball?" He points at the soccer ball that I'm still carrying. "Then I'll show you to your classroom... Ara."

I passed the soccer ball to him and he caught it effortlessly. Then he threw it down and kicked it with his right foot. I watched in awe as the soccer ball flew from where we're at back to the soccer field where the rest of the players waited. They thanked Dohwa and continued to play a new round. Then I looked back at him and teased, "Were you trying to impress me?"

Dohwa chuckles and cheekily answers, "Well, you're not really the type to play any kind of sport, aside from chess, due to your asthma, but I try to."

Wait... Asthma? What asthma? Do I actually have that?  If so... Then how come after running away from Baek Kyung, I wasn't out of breath or not feeling well??

"So, here is your classroom," Dohwa says after showing me the way to the school building and to Class 2-6. "My classroom is right beside it. If you have questions... Well, about anything, just come by and ask."

I smiled at Dohwa and looked inside the window. There I see my new classmates and my cousin, who is busy staring at something in his hands. I looked away and faced Dohwa once again. "Thanks for showing me around, Dohwa," I spoke up with a small bow. 

Dohwa smiles at me and out of nowhere pats the top of my head. "Don't forget to visit, okay?

I blushed at his actions and nodded. Then Dohwa bids his goodbye and walks to his classroom. After seeing him walk inside the other room, I sighed and muttered under my breath, "Didn't know that I'd like someone who is that nice and... warm. Very good, Ara! You've got a good taste in men."

"Are you talking to yourself now?" A familiar voice spoke up from behind me.

I jumped in surprise and turned around just in time to see Baek Kyung, who was looking at me weirdly.

Ugh! It's the cold-hearted guy again! Why show up now, Baek Kyung? I was just having a good first day so far!

"Look, I'm sorry for bumping into you earlier, okay? It's not like I meant for it to happen!" I exclaimed while folding my arms in front of me.

The black-haired boy looks at me up and down and smirks. "So, is it true that you don't have any memories after the car accident?"

Well, I wasn't expecting that question from him...

"Yes... It's true," I answered as I glared at him. Then I added in, "Aren't you Namju's friend? Didn't my cousin already tell you? Just like how he told Dohwa?"

Kyung raises his left eyebrow again and chuckles. Then he takes a step towards me and leans down to my height. "Yah! I'm not just Namju's friend." His breath tickles my nose, making me take a step back. "Dude, did you brush your teeth today?" I asked, scrunching my nose upwards and back.

"Aish! Even without your memories, you still act like that," He mutters to himself as he looks away and secretly tries to smell his breath. I giggled at his actions and teasingly asked, "And you were saying?"

Kyung looks back at me and rolls his eyes. "Nothing. Just forget it," he retorts and pushes me to the side, but not too harshly for me to fall backward. Then he opens the back door of the classroom and walks inside.

I shook my head at him and sighed, "Well, that went... well..." Then I followed right after him and stopped in my tracks when I saw Namju holding a pink keychain in his hands.

I walked over to his desk and spoke up, "Pink suits you, cuz."

My cousin quickly hides the pink keychain into his pocket and looks at me with a flustered look. "Y-yah! Where have you been?" He asked, changing the topic, making me laugh.

"I met Baek Kyung," I answered while eyeing the tall guy who is seatmates with Namju. "And I also met Lee Dohwa."

Namju relaxes a bit and looks to his left where Kyung is minding his own business. Then he looks back at me and smiles. "Did he give you a hard time?" He whispers, making sure that Kyung won't hear him, but obviously he failed.

"I can hear you, Namju." Baek Kyung's voice sends shivers down mine and my cousin's spine like we've committed a crime or something.

Then the two started to bicker at each other, making me smile to myself. "I'll be taking my seat then," I whispered while walking to an empty chair in front of Namju's desk. I pulled the chair back and sat down quietly. Then-

사작!

published: 12 - 31 - 19

edited: 12 - 31 - 19

==============================================

     a/n: 

          HAPPY NEW YEAR EVE'S, EVERYOOOONE!! <3

==============================================

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

129K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1M 55.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
307K 28.7K 67
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
657K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.