The Bad Girl's Good Side

Af straw_berry_xxx

Sequel to "The Good Girl's Bad Side" ....... .. After being shot and waking up after a coma, Hailey Matthews... Mere

Description
Chapter 1: You're not here
Chapter 2: Ready to enter the ring
Chapter 3: And I him.
Chapter 4: Anything you ask
Chapter 5: I drove him away.
Chapter 6: But TV could've distracted me enough
Chapter 7: No, there isn't a problem, right?
Chapter 8: You're a dumb dumb.
Chapter 9: Me Before You
Chapter 10: Coincidence much?
Chapter 11: "I wasn't talking about Luther."
Chapter 12: What have I gotten myself into?
Chapter 13: This Is It
Chapter 14: Reconciled You And Tristan
Chapter 15:"Nice threat, sweetheart."
Chapter 16: "Not Yet Prepared To See You."
Chapter 17:Why did I come?
Chapter 19: I never agreed to this
Chapter 20: That's Strange
Chapter 21: Shiznit!
Chapter 22: "Let's get this over and done with."
Chapter 23: Kill Me Now
Chapter 24: The Pit I'm Digging For Myself.
Chapter 25: Stupid Blabber Mouth
Chapter 26: "I Really Don't Have A Choice, Do I?"
Chapter 27: "Because He's Bad For You."
Chapter 28: "Put Me Down You Dumb Ferret!"
Chapter 29: Something Horrible Has Happened
Chapter 30: "Who's this?"
Chapter 31: I Said Not To Be Late.
Chapter 32: I am confused.
Chapter 33: "Goodluck then."
Chapter 34: Henry
Chapter 35: You have to fight
Chapter 36: This guy is killing me!
Chapter 37: I want us to try again
Chapter 38: I don't support this!
Chapter 39: What the hell?!
Announcement

Chapter 18: Gosh, I hate you

22.4K 838 459
Af straw_berry_xxx

Chapter 18:
Gosh, I hate you

"So you're the famous Hailey Matthews," Rude Guy Colton takes a seat next to me on the beach sand without even asking me for permission.

Does he know that I'm in no mood for company?!

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes and stare at the beach view before me.

I've been staring at the beach for the last thirty minutes, replaying Tristan's face when he'd said he doesn't want to love me anymore. I isolated myself from the rest of the group just to that I can have reality sink in that Tristan and I are over for good.

Can't say it doesn't hurt.

What's ironic is that I had prepared myself to move on with my life without him; to enjoy college here in California without seeing his face, without thinking about him, or what he's doing, if he misses me, and if he has moved on. I prepared myself to finally have a new start, reshape my life into something I'll be proud of and be thankful for having.

But Tristan's handsome face, incredible presence, and his stupid ability to attract me to him ruined everything. Worst part is that we are currently in the same state, and we're probably, most likely, to attend the same freakin' college.

"Dude, are you there?" Colton snaps his fingers in front of my face to catch my attention and I resist the temptation to bite off his annoying fingers.

"What?!" I snap at him. "Could you just leave me alone?" At this point, I don't care if I'm being rude or not.

"Woah, chill dude," he holds out his hands in defense. "I'm just trying to keep you company after seeing how lonely you are sitting by yourself." He seems unaffected by my outburst, in fact, I can spot a tiny smirk trying to show itself on his stupid face.

"I'm not lonely," I roll my eyes again. "I just need time to myself. There's a difference." I place my elbows on my propped up knees.

"Sure," he chuckles, releasing a cute smile. "Whatever floats your boat, loner."

"I'm starting to hate you," I glare at him. "And I mean it."

"And I'm starting to love you, Princess," he smirks at me and bumps my shoulder with his.

This child's nerve!

"You really want me to beat you up, don't you?" I let out a chuckle and look away to see Tristan and Sam playing in the ocean along with the group.

It hurts seeing the two being cozy and smiley with one another. They seem to like each other so much—well, Sam likes Tristan—and Tristan probably reciprocates Sam's feelings, even if he admitted to still loving me. But we all know that you can love someone and not be in love with them.

Leave them be, Hailey. Leave them be.

"I'd like to see you try," Colton proudly challenges me with an eye roll. "But don't break your nail, Princess."

"Okay, then, Princess," I use the nickname on him. I stand up from my sitting position and take of my shirt, leaving me in my sports bra and denim shorts.

"Woah, is this how you plan on beating me up?" his perverted eyes scan my body shamelessly. "Because then I don't mind if you do any day."

"Stand up," I command him and ignore his comment.

"What?" he stares at me with dumbfounded expression. "Are you serious?"

"I said get up," my voice comes stern and impatient. I motion with my hands to tell him to stand up.

After releasing a soft chuckle, shaking his head with a sigh and smirk, he finally stands to his feet and faces me arms crossed. "Now what?"

"Hit me," I tell him and cross my arms.

"I'm not about to hit a —"

"A girl," I finish the infamous line for him. "We know that. But when a girl tells you to hit her, you hit her." I swiftly crouch down to swipe an extended leg beneath his feet, catching him off guard and sending him plummeting on his back.

"Ouch," he grunts in pain. "What the hell was that for?"

"Stand up," I tell him once more, and this time he obliges without hesitation.

"You really are something," he cracks his knuckles and throws a quick jab to my jaw.

The impact causes me to stumble back a bit but I am quick to regain my composure. "Ouch! Dude, you broke my jaw!" I fake a painful whimper.

Colton easily buys my act and steps to closer to me with regretful eyes."Dude, I'm sorry, I —"

I cut him off by sending a jab of my own to his ribcage, causing him to now stumble with an arm latched to his side, and before he can retaliate, I press my back onto his chest, wrap my arm around his neck, and flip him over, making him land on his back once more.

"Your mother should have told you to never hit a girl," I crouch beside his face and slap him twice playfully on the cheek. "And you should hit the gym, you just got beat up by a girl." I snicker and stand up to walk away.

"Not so fast," before his words sink in, he grabs my ankle and pulls it, making me fall on my stomach. "I underestimated you." He quickly flips me over and puts both his knees on the side of my hips and his hands pin mine on the ground above my head.

"Gosh, I hate you," I roll my eyes at him. "Just get off me," I grunt.

"What's going on here?"

Colton loses focus on me while searching for the owner of the voice, and I take that opportunity to flip him and myself over so that I now cradle him and he's on his back. "Shouldn't have lost your focus, Princess," I wink at him and stand up, only to see Tristan, Jordan, Chase, Sam, Tyler and Sean, staring between Colton and I.

"See you guys later," I break the silence between the exchanging eyes and walk away, not before grabbing my shirt.

"Wait, Hailey!" I hear Sam shout my name behind me and I hesitantly stop in my tracks.

"Oh, hey Sam," I smile at her before tugging strands of hair behind my ear. "Do you need anything?"

"Not really," she shakes her haid. "The boys and I are hanging out at Tristan's place tonight, and I was wondering if you would come? Y'know before college begins next week."

"Uhm, I don't know, Sam," I reply with a shake of head. "I just want to go back to my apartment and relax."

"Please?" She pulls out an adorable pout. "It'll be fun, I promise."

Go to Tristan's place? Is the universe trying to punish me for some reason? I really don't like this day, AT ALL. It feels like the odds are against me. I can't even avoid Tristan for an hour, no matter how I try, and here is Sam politely begging me to hang out with her.

Let's just get it over and done with.

"You know what? Fine," I sigh with a defeated smile.

"Yay!" She jumps at me to give me a bone crushing hug. "Now let's get back to the group. We'll ride with Tristan."

"Great," I mutter to myself sarcastically.

We walk back to the rest and I'm immediately attacked with questions from Tyler and Sean. Tristan, Chase and Jordan are having a serious conversation of their own which I'm now curious to know about.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Sean questions. "I'd like to also win a fight with this nut job over here for once," he points to Colton with his thumb.

"Yeah, Hailey," Tyler juts in. "This nut job always wins against us, well except against Tristan of course."

"This nut job can hear you," Cotlon smacks both of them upside the head.

"Why am I the only one who can't even make a proper fist?" Sam whines. "And good question, where did you learn how to fight?" Sam's curious grey eyes stare at me.

"Back at home. My brother taught me," I end my explanation there—vague and not even close to being true.

"I wish I had a brother, but I'm stuck with a whack job," she folds her arms with a grunt.

"Hey, I'm still your brother!" Tyler exclaims.

"Wait, you're siblings?" I gesture between her and Tyler.

"Irish twins actually," Sam nods. "Born in the same year but different months. Hence the almost lack of resemblance."

Now that I observe their features, they do look similar, apart from the gender difference, of course. Their hair colour is almost the same shade of sandy blonde, just that Tyler's a bit darker, and they share the same type of nose and cheekbones.

"That is interesting," I say. "Who was born first?"

"Me!" Tyler releases a proud and eager grin, before ruffling Sam's hair.

"Quit it," Sam shoves her brother away.

"You'll regret what you did, Princess," Colton's breath feels too close to my skin, and I shove his face from me.

"Don't bet on it, loser," I give him a fake smile.

"Your boyfriend is staring at you," Colton casually throws an arm over my shoulder like we're all of a sudden friends.

"Who's boyfriend?" Sam asks and stares curiously between Colton and I.

"No one's," I dismiss the topic. "This nut job is just being delusional."

"Okay," Sam shrugs like it's nothing and gets back to conversing with her brother and Sean.

"What are you doing?" I try to shrug off his arm but the guy is persistent on keeping it there.

"Stop fighting me, I'm helping you to make him jealous," he whispers so that only I can hear.

It's then I look ahead to find Tristan's hazel eyes staring at me with seething anger. His shoulders are stiff, his arms are crossed and his eyes seem glued to mine.

"I think he's enjoying the show," Colton's lips graze my ear and that's when I explode because of the line he's just crossed.

"Knock it off," I elbow his side making him finally take off his arm. "And you better stop your stupid games." I poke his chest rather harshly.

"Are you two not telling us something?" Sam interrupts our banter, reminding me that we've had an audience all along.

"Nothing," I force out a smile. "Colton's just being the jerk he is and not leaving me alone."

"Looking for a round two, bro?" Sean teases Colton and laughs.

"Don't forget I can still rearrange your face," Colton retaliates, completely shutting Sean up. "Thought so, bro."

"Are we ready to leave?" Tristan's head pops into the circle and all eyes lock on him.

"I guess."

"Sure."

"We're ready."

"Cool, let's go," Tristan grabs Sam's hand and pulls her behind him as they walk away.

"Hold on, Tristan," I hear Sam say. "I promised Hailey that she'll ride with us."

"No, it's okay Sam," I wave her off. "I'll ride with Jordan and Chase."

When is my car arriving?

"Actually, Tyler and Sean are coming with us, so you'll have to go with Colton," Chase tells me with a wary look on his face. "Sorry." He shrugs.

"Kill me now," I say sarcastically. "Fine, I'll go with Colton." I give in.

"It's settled then," Tristan says with a clipped tone. "Let's go." And he and Sam walk away.

"You make it sound like I'm some murderous villain of some sort." Colton rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, causing his muscles to flex underneath his shirt. "I'm really feeling the love here, princess," he adds on sarcastically.

"Would you just lead the way to your car?" I heave out a defeated sigh.

"Come along then," he says with a fake British accent and turns on his heels.

"I hate this guy," I mutter, following behind the jerk.

"Heard that."

"You were supposed to."

___________

A/N: So, who loves the love-hate relationship between Hailey and Colton? Comment and tell me if it's a yay or nay.

Hope you enjoyed this update, although it wasn't about Tristan and Hailey.

Anyway thanks for the 120k+ reads. You guys are awesome so thanks for your awesome support.

And to keep things interesting, if you guys have any questions about the book, maybe the characters, or me, just ask in the comments and I'll be sure to answer them. And if you have any ideas for this book, you can tell me about it as well.

Thanks again

-Bye🌈

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1M 56.6K 36
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
79.7K 3K 38
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
609K 16.3K 55
(Book Two) At the age of ten, 'Eden-Rose' is now a world renowned name. Watch as she juggles between her growing fame and her personnel life. Dance...
145K 2K 32
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...