Cruel Moons

By matefreak12

Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 4

1.3K 45 3
By matefreak12

"So who are the most eligible bachelors around here" I ask Rose and Julia during lunch the next day.  They actually seem nice to talk to and it lets me have some Scarlett's has been occupied.

"Well there is Tyler who is sexy and a great dancer." Rose starts to gossip
"But the big prize is Nathan. He is clearly the sexiest man in this pack plus he is a Beta" Julia adds in.
"Not to mention he is so mysterious and a real challenge to get in bed with" Rose says.

"So you guys haven't slept with him?" I question.

"Not yet" Rose says with a wink
"Were hoping he just needs more time since his mate passed away and then he will be willing to sleep around" Julia continues.

That gives me some hope at least.  I leave lunch with a smile on my face feeling a little more confident.

Alpha Zac planned a strategy meeting now that Alpha Sam and Alpha Aiden are arriving. He wanted to get started right away on our plan since Jax could attack us any day now.

I walk into the conference room inside of the pack's prison building.  I walk in to find Zac and Nathan sitting next to each other while Scarlett and her father are conversing. Liam and a few other warriors are also joining.  

I sit down near Nathan who gives me an angry scowl which I try to not let that affect me.  The last people to enter are Alpha Aiden and his Beta, Grayson who I recognize from my training.  I recall Alpha Aiden is three years older than Alpha Zac. His pack is slightly larger as well and known for their loyalty and power. 

I could feel the alpha power radiate off him as he enters.  He also looks even more attractive then the pictures I studied. I feel my wolf also acknowledge his attractiveness.  I hear someone clear there throat which gets me out of the trance.  I see Aiden smirk at me which I then lower my head in embarrassment.

Alpha Zac starts the meeting immediately expressing how important his preparing is to protect his mate and Luna of his pack. 

"Sam has told me his warriors have studying the weaknesses of every pack. Rylee can you share your findings on my pack"  Zac says while staring at me.

My eyes widen that he called me out to share the flaws of his pack. I know Alphas are very proud wolves so they would not want to know what they are doing wrong.  I look towards Alpha Sam and he gives me a reassuring smile. 

"So from our research we found your biggest weakness is the northwest corner or your territory."

"That area is filled with steep cliffs that no one would dare to cross" Nathan interrupts me.

"Well that is not quite true. My team took a training to try to pass that area and we found a clear path that any skilled werewolf could manage".

Feeling to afraid to look at Nathan, I stare at Zac instead who looks angry.

"We didn't cross your boundary Alpha Zac. It was just to tell our theory".  Alpha Zac accepts my reasoning and nods for me to continue while Nathan let's out a low growl obviously not happy with me.

"We also found that your training does not consist of any silver weapons or help to build resistance to silver while we know Alpha Jax's pack does include this in their training"

I feel Nathan getting more tense near me. I decide to look at him which is when I see the raw angry in his eyes while he looks at me.  I look over to Liam right after to get him to cover for me. Since we have worked together for awhile our wolves have bonded enough to be able to sense each other.

Thankfully Liam senses my comfortableness and shares the rest of our research with the team.  After much argument, specifically from Nathan, that they do not believe with fighting with weapons. They want to stay true to their wolves and use their own strength.

"Well my warriors will be using their weapons" Alpha Sam states.

"I would also be introducing weapon training with my warriors that will participate in this war.  Sam, if it's alright with you, I would like your warriors to train with", Alpha Aiden also states.

I look over to him and give him a small smile which he returns.  I know my wolf is weakened so my only advantage is to fight with weapons in my human form. I am glad I will still be able to train with the Crimson Pack warriors. 

Alpha Zac's agrees to the plan and plans to triple training hours.  Everyone agrees Scarlett is the safest with Zac so we know the war will happen here so there will be more warriors traveling here over the next few days.

As we walk out of the building, Nathan rushes out quickly so I don't get a chance to try to talk to him. I do see Alpha Adrian walking close by me so I decide to discuss the training he was interested in.

"Alpha Adrian, I would be happy to lead the training with your team with the silver weapons we were discussion"

Alpha Adrian stops walking and faces me. He is extremely tall and towers over me leaving me breathless.

"Rylee, you can call me Adrian"

When he says my name my heart stops. I just nod my head in understanding.

"Are you free tonight" he asks
"For training?"
"Yes. I would like to see your skills first"
"Oh ya of course. I am free"
"Good"

Adrian then turns around and continues walking toward the pack house. I am assuming Nathan is also in there grabbing lunch so I decide to avoid that place assuming he's still in a sour mood.

I decide to go visit the pack orphanage house instead. My parents died before I could remember anything so I was raised in an orphanage in a very small pack before I even met Alpha Sam. I try to volunteer to help the kids whenever I can.

The Silver Heart's orphanage has about twenty kids ranging from toddlers to pre-teens. Usually once you transform into your wolf for the first time you would move into the pack house to start training. I also met the two house moms that help take care of the children. Both their mates passed away in previous wars but they continue to care for the children since they were not able to have any of their own.

I spend a few hours there helping prepare lunch and then cleaning up afterwards.

I start heading back to the Alpha Zac's house since I am still staying there with Scarlett. I should ask her when she's planning to move out to Zac's room since it seems things are going well.

On my way there I see Nathan passing by. I decide to be brave and approach him.

"Hey Nathan, I was wondering if you could help improve my wolf training", I know I need him to make my wolf stronger from the mate bond.

He doesn't stop walking and bumps into my shoulder while growling out "No".

I feel my eyes water but take a deep breathe to control my tears. Instead of walking to my room, I decide to keep walking through forest to brood over my misery. I start to think if Nathan ever gives me a chance, could I forgive him for being a complete jerk to me? I know being with your mate is good for you. It completes you and makes you stronger which should what I need.

As I am walking I sense someone is near me. I stop in my tracks and pull out a knife from inside my shoe, ready to attack. The next moment I see Adrian with his hands up in defense.

"Woah Rylee it's just me" he says with a smile. That is also when I notice he is only wear a pair of shorts so he must have been on a run. I try to keep myself from drooling while I stare at his muscular abs and arms.

"Sorry about that" I respond while putting my knife down.

"Well I guess we can just start our training now" Adrian says with a smile.

"So have you played with silver before" I ask him.

Adrian walks over to me and grabs the silver knife from my hand not looking affected by it at all. He then throws it at a tree with perfect precision. 

I try to hold back my blush from his impressive skills.  I take another knife from my back pocket and throw it at the same tree which lands right next to his throw.  He looks over at me with a smirk assuming he is also impressed by my skills.

We continue throwing the knifes for another hour giving each other tips.  Adrian is surprisingly easy to talk to for being an alpha. Using they are extremely intimidating and egotistical. 

I take a deep breathe and decide to ask him for a favor.

"So Adrian, do you think we could add some wolf training today?"

He looks at me curiously wondering why I would want to train in wolf form privately since that is the main form of training in this pack.

I decide to further explain.
"I think my wolf is getting weaker so I have not trained with the other pack members afraid I won't be able to handle it"

"Do you know why you would be getting weaker"

"I'm I have a theory but I'm not ready to talk about it yet" trying to avoid discussing my rejection. 

He continues to look at me suspiciously but finally nods in agreement. 
"I will help you but you have to promise to tell me your theory when you are ready"

I smile brightly at him glad to have this chance to see how much Jax and Nathan have weakened me.  I agree to talk to him once I'm ready but I'm pretty sure I won't ever be ready.  I'm still hoping Nathan will accept me as my mate so I won't have to worry about my wolf for too long.

Adrian starts to take off his pants in front of me which makes me yelp in surprise. Before I could cover my eyes, he has already transformed into his large grey wolf. 

I take a deep breathe to try to gain some courage. I take off my clothes to transform into my average size black wolf, really hoping I don't embarrass myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 49.8K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
518K 13K 36
He had the looks to kill, he had the looks to protect. But he didn't have the looks to love. He never searched for that someone, but deep down he kne...
632K 13.8K 28
"Ha-ha." He laughs, " You're my mate, ha-ha. The Moon goddess must have messed it up this time. Me? Your mate? That's really funny. Who would want yo...
2.9K 91 13
This is the story of Luna Silver, a White wolf and the daughter of the Moon Goddess. What happens after her 17th birthday and first shift when she i...