A Deal is a Deal

By BigBossVee

Umupo si Greg sa swivel chair nito at pinagmasdan siya. "Okay. Bibilhin ko ang Oregon Building under your nam... More

A Deal is a Deal
READ THIS FIRST!
Chapter One - Snatched and... Arrested?!
Chapter Two - Meeting with the Gods
Chapter Three - Payback Time
Chapter Four - Bree is back!
Chapter Five - Expect the Unexpected
Chapter Six - Bree's favour
Chapter Seven - The Deal
Chapter Eight - In Need of Help
Chapter Nine - Venus' Secrets
Chapter Ten - Lost and Cold.
Chapter Eleven - That was close! Phew!
Chapter Twelve - Stupid Gaby!
Chapter Thirteen - "I'm with my wife."
Chapter Fourteen - Kyra and Geoff
Author's Speech. (Ansaveh?)
Chapter Fifteen - Steamy Conversation
Chapter Sixteen - I'm Not a Ragdoll!
Chapter Seventeen - First Kiss
Chapter Eighteen - Lunch with the Billionaire
Chapter Nineteen - The Accident
Chapter Twenty - Love songs and Unknown feelings
Chapter Twenty One - Hontiveros Clan and Kristina
Chapter Twenty Two - Jealousy
Chapter Twenty Three - Her Darkest Secret
Chapter Twenty Four - The Visitor
Chapter Twenty Five - Time to Tie the Knots (Part One)
Chapter Twenty Six - Time to Tie the Knots (Part Two)
Chapter Twenty Seven - Performance Night (Part One)
Chapter Twenty Eight - Performance Night (Part Two)
Chapter Twenty Nine - Performance Night (The Climax)
Chapter Thirty (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter Thirty One - A Restless Geoff
Chapter Thirty Two - Who's teased now?
Chapter Thirty Four - Time to wake up Bree!
Chapter Thirty Five - Miss me?
Chapter Thirty Six - Kyra's Plan
Chapter Thirty Seven - Turning Point
Chapter Thirty Eight - First Homecoming
Chapter Thirty Nine - A Father's Love
Chapter Forty - The Fashion Show
Chapter Forty One - Revelations
Chapter Forty Two - Unplanned Surprises
Chapter Forty Three - Still the Same
Chapter Forty Four - So Close
Chapter Forty Five - Mirror
Chapter Forty Six - Second Thoughts
Chapter Forty Seven - Shower & Conference Room
Chapter Forty Eight - Claws
Chapter Forty Nine - Shiver
Chapter Fifty - Missing
Chapter Fifty One - Sunset Drive at 8
Chapter Fifty Two - Nightmare
Chapter Fifty Three - Two lines
Chapter Fifty Four - Avowal

Chapter Thirty Three - Confessions. Lies. Betrayals.

347K 2.4K 181
By BigBossVee

Chapter 33

Kasalukuyan siyang nasa parking lot ng tinitirhang condominium ni Kyra. It has been three weeks since the day Kyra decided to part ways with Geoff. She sighed deeply before hopping out of her car.

She received a call from Geoff last night. Nawawalan na daw ito ng pag-asa dahil hindi pa rin daw ito pinapansin ni Kyra. It was almost a month for heaven’s sake! What was Kyra up to?

She thought after a week or two ay matatauhan na si Kyra at babalik din kay Geoff. Are you kidding? It’s Kyra you’re talking about. Once its over. It’s officially over. Bulong ng isipan niya.

Of course she knew that. One thing about Kyra is that she hated long-term relationships. She asked Kyra many times about it but she just gave her a cold stare and shrugged saying, “It’s not my thing.”

Tiningnan niya ang kanyang relo. It was already 5:27pm. She really hoped that Kyra was at her condo and sleeping. Wala nang makakatalo dito pagdating sa tulugan.

Pumasok na siya sa elevator at pinindot ang floor kung asan nakatira ang kaibigan niya. She sighed again. How can Kyra be so stupid to actually let go of someone like Geoff? Didn’t she knew she was so lucky?

She knew it was none of her business to butt in in someone elses relationship problems, but the two were her friends and she wanted the best for both of them. Kaya nga andito siya ngayon sa condo ni Kyra para kausapin ang kaibigan, and maybe put some sense into her dear friend.

Kinakabahan siya habang nasa loob ng elevator. Ba’t ba ako kinakabahan? Well, maybe because she didn’t knew what to expect. It is Kyra anyway. Second thing about her is that you’ll never know what she’ll do next.

She stepped out of the elevator once it opened. Kyra was living in a pretty shabby condominium. Animo’y isang five-star hotel ang disenyo ng palibot. Third thing about her is that she always wanted to have the best.

“Bree, dear. I deserve nothing but the best! And you know me, I’ll never stop until I have it.” Natatandaan niyang sabi nito sa kanya noon. “What if you don’t deserve it?” Tanong niya dito.

Kyra looked at her with a cold stare and smiled. “Oh, I’ll still get it, Bree. Deserving or not.”

She was in the middle of reminiscing when her phone suddenly rang. Napangiti siya ng makita ang pangalan ni Greg sa screen ng cellphone niya. She took a deep breath before answering.

“Hey.” Bati niya dito.

“Hey, love. Where are you? Tumawag ako sa restaurant pero day off mo raw.” OVARIES EXPLODE.

Kahit boses pa lang nito ay nakakalaglag na ng panty! He really had that low, seductive deep voice. She remembered their lovemakings and his manly voice whispering words to her.

She blushed at the thought. “Oh… Yeah. Day off ko sa restaurant tuwing Wednesday. Uhmm—Napatawag ka?”

Ilang sandali muna itong natahimik bago siya sinagot. “I won’t be home for dinner tonight.”

Napahinto siya sa tapat ng pintuan ng unit ni Kyra. “Uh… Why?”

“A highschool friend of mine just arrived from Greece and he’s throwing a small party at his house so he invited me over.” HINDI MO MAN LANG AKO ISASAMA?!

She knew that a vile feeling was brewing up inside her. “Okay.”

“I hope you’d come with me, but it’s a bachelor party.” Hindi pa siya nakapag-react sa sinabi nito ng biglang bumukas ang pintuan ng condo ni Kyra. A tall, muscular man walked out with a stupid grin on his face. Why am I not surprised?

Rinig niya ang boses ni Kyra sa loob ng unit tinatawag ang pangalan ng lalaki. “Toby! Wait up! May nakalimutan ka!” Lumingon ang lalaki and not less than a second was kissed on the lips by Kyra. An almost-naked Kyra. Her hair was tossled up into a messy bun and she was wearing a very thin robe. It wasn’t covering anything at all.

Napanganga siya sa nakita. The guy grabbed Kyra on the waist and kissed her back in equal passion. Oh dear God. “Gaby, are you still there?” Tanong ni Greg. Tumikhim siya ng malakas, causing the guy and Kyra to part.

“I’ll call you later, Greg.” Bulong niya dito.

“What’s going on? Gaby—” Hindi na nito natapos ang sasabihin dahil pinutol na niya ang linya at tinurn-off ang kanyang cellphone. The last thing she wanted right now was to have an argument with Greg.

Nilingon niya si Kyra who was looking at her with a scowl on her face. The guy standing next to her was also looking at her, but he was smiling like a lunatic. “Hi, Kyra.”

“Hey.” Bati nito sa kanya in a low voice. Wow, she sure is excited to see me after so many months!

Nilingon ni Kyra ang lalaki. “You’d better go.” He smiled. He kissed her lips before he finally left.

Mga ilang segundo na din ang lumipas nang hindi pa rin sila nagkikibuan ni Kyra. “Aren’t you gonna invite me in?” Tanong niya dito.

Ngumiti ito sa kanya na hindi naman umabot sa mga mata at pumasok sa unit. What’s wrong with her?

Sumunod siya dito and closed the door. Oh dear God, the place was a mess! Champagne and beer bottles were on the floor. There was a huge pizza box in the middle of the living room and some Cheetos scattered under the sofa. What the hell happened here?

Tiningnan niya si Kyra na nakahiga sa L-shaped sofa nito. She looked… drunk? Was she having a bad time after her break-up with Geoff? “Kyra. Are you okay?”

“Fine.” Kyra answered without even looking at her.

“Who was that guy?” Tanong niya after a few seconds. She walked to the kitchen and almost vomited at the awful site. Piles of plate were at the sink, unwashed. The counter looked like someone was murdered on the spot. The cupboards were left ajar and the contents were disarranged. She couldn’t believe Kyra—of all the people—will tolerate this kind of place.

She knew Kyra loved everything to be in order. Dirty, disarranged, untidy were not part of her vocabulary. Pero bakit parang mas malinis pa ata yung kwarto ng Kuya Frank niya—which always looked like a dumpsite—kesa sa condo unit ni Kyra?

“Kyra. What the hell happened to your condominium? May nag riot ba dito sa loob at ganito ito ka—”

“Shut up, Gabrielle.” Bulong nito na biglang nagpatigil sa kanyang sasabihin. She turned and saw Kyra sitting perfectly still at the sofa. She wasn’t even blinking!

She took a deep breathe before continuing. “Who was that guy?”

“It’s none of your fucking business.” Her eyebrows shot up.

“Of course, its my business. I’m your friend.” Kalmadong sagot niya dito. She didn’t want to fight Kyra knowing that her friend is not in a well state. Baka kung ano pa yung masabi ko.

“Oh, are you really?” Kalokong tanong nito sa kanya with a lowsy smile plastered on her face.

Nilapitan niya ito, stopping a few steps away from her. “Kyra, you know I am. We’ve been friends ever since college days. Bakit ka ba nagkakaganito? Hindi ka naman umiinom pag wala kang problema eh? And you’re a sucker for perfection. You want everything to be perfect pero bakit parang dinaanan ito ng bagyo sa condo mo?  Nag-aalala lang ako sayo.”

Tumayo ito. “Wow. Greg surely made you a softie huh?”

Napakunot ang noo niya. She didn’t want to beat around the bush any longer. Nararamdaman niyang tumetensyon ang loob ng condo unit nito. “Why did you break up with Geoff?”

Nakita niyang biglang tumilas ang paningin nito. “It’s. None. Of. Your. Fucking. Business. Bitch.”

Wait… Did she just call me a bitch? Hindi pa din siya makapaniwala sa sinabi nito. “Why the hell are you mad at me?”

Nilapitan siya nito, taking steps very slowly. Kyra’s gaze was cold and unfeeling. Ngumiti ito once she was standing right in front of her. “I’m not mad at you, best. I just simply don’t like you anymore. You’ve become a softie ever since you married Greg. You became a plain, dull and boring Gaby. Gone was the daring, ruthless and cold-hearted Bree I once knew.”

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo niya. “I didn’t come here for you to judge me. Why did you break up with Geoff?” Tanong niya ulit dito.

Umikot-ikot ito sa kanya like she was somekind of a specimen that needs to be thoroughly watched. “You’re not the friend I once had. She was a total different person.” Patuloy nito na para bang wala siyang sinabi.

“Kyra, that’s nonsense. I am Bree! I just matured a lot after—”

Huminto ito sa harap niya. “Now you want me to go back with Geoff. Don’t you? That’s why you’re here acting like a stupid heroine?”

Bumuntong-hininga siya. She can already feel Bree coming back inside her. She didn’t want to have a fight with Kyra but she can’t deny the anger that was already brewing. “Kyra, just stop. It’s not about me here. It’s about your relationship with Geoff. He’s good and—”

Naputol ang sasabihin niya ng bigla itong tumawa ng malakas. “Oh, I know he’s good alright. He’s very good in bed. But that’s just it. He doesn’t have a single spine in him! He’s like a lapping dog whenever I’m with him! I want someone who will challenge me! Not someone who’s a lovesick puppy dog! He’s boring. Just like you.”

Hindi siya makapaniwala’t narinig niya iyon mismo sa bibig ni Kyra. What the hell happened to her? High ata ang babaeng ‘to eh. “Kyra. You will never find someone like him. Someone—”

“Oh but I already did, Gabrielle! I already met him! It just so happens that he’s married to you.”

Parang hindi niya ata naintindihan ang sinabi nito. She knew she heard it wrong. “Ano ulit sabi mo?”

Kyra was now grinning. She looked like she won the lottery or something. “You heard me, Gabrielle. I want your husband. Ikakasal ka lang naman sa kanya for six months right? Dalawang buwan na lang at matatapos na ang deal niyo. Well, like they said, a deal is a deal.”

She was glued to the spot. She didn’t know what to react or what to say. Tinitigan niya lang si Kyra na para bang nasisiraan na ito ng bait. She’s crazy!

“You can have Geoff if you want. Mukhang concerned na concerned ka naman sa kanya eh? You’ll both make a great couple. Don’t worry, I won’t mind.” Patuloy nito in a very sweet, eerie voice.

Hindi pa rin siya makapag-react sa sinabi nito. She was too stunned to say a word.

“If you wanted to renew our friendship, then you are willing to give me your husband. Two months to go then your marriage will be annulled.”

“No.”

Nabura ang ngiti sa mukha nito. “What did you just say?”

Huminga siya ng malalim bago ito sinagot. “No, Kyra. You will never have my husband. Not now, not ever.”

Biglang bumangis ang anyo nito. “Bakit, Gabrielle? Mahal mo na ba ang asawa mo?”

Yes. Bulong ng puso niya. In that very moment ay alam niyang mahal niyang totoo si Greg. She knew she loved him even before they were married, she was just too stubborn to admit it to herself. “Kailangan ko nang umalis.” Pagkasabi nun ay dumiretso na siya sa pintuan.

“I will have him, Gabrielle! Aagawin ko siya sayo! You don’t deserve him! He needs an experienced woman like me! I bet you don’t even know how to satisfy his needs! Siguro nga ay may kabit itong kakita tuwing gabi habang natutulog ka—”

Hindi nito natapos ang sasabihin dahil mabilis na dumapo ang kanang kamay niya sa pisngi nito. “For the first time ever, Kyra, you made the right decision. Breaking up with Geoff was the most sensible thing to do. Geoff deserves so much better than to settle with someone who is a rotten whore like yourself. Why don’t you see a psychiatrist? Para malaman mo kung isa ka nga bang nymphomaniac? I bet every night when you’re lonely you use those champagne bottles to satisfy your… needs.”

Tumalikod kaagad siya dito at dumiretso sa pinto. Pero bago pa man siya tuluyang nakalabas ay hindi nakaiwas ang sigaw ni Kyra. “You will regret this, Gabrielle!! I will do everything to destroy you!!! You just wait you bitch!!!”

She slammed the door shut and walked straight to the elevator. She can barely contain her anger. Ano bang nangyari kay Kyra at bigla nalang itong nagbago? She was like a total stranger to her! Siguro kung ang dating sarili niya ang nakalaban nito ay tiyak siyang nagpapatayan na silang dalawa ni Kyra ngayon sa loob ng condo unit.

She needed someone to talk to right away. She felt like a ticking time bomb ready to burst any minute.

She turned on her phone and dialled Greg’s number. It was already 6:05 in her watch at alam niyang hindi na ito busy sa mga oras na iyon. Lumabas na siya ng elevator at tinungo ang kanyang sasakyan.

She could not wait any longer to hear his voice. She was so psyched nang sinagot na nito.

“Gre—”

“Hello?” Sagot ng isang babae.

She was frozen dead in her tracks. Tama ba si Kyra? May ibang babae nga ba si Greg?

“Hello?” Tanong ulit ng babae sa kabilang linya.

She can hear Greg’s manly voice in the background. Hindi na niya napigilan ang mga luhang umagos sa kanyang pisngi. She clasped her mouth and cried silently.

“Hell—”

Hindi na nito natapos ang sasabihin dahil ibinato niya sa dingding ang kanyang cellphone. How could he?

She cried even harder when she entered her car. I didn’t satisfy him? It wasn’t enough?

Ang OA mo, Gaby! Sigaw ng isang bahagi ng kaisipan niya. Well, she’d rather be crying than be a total hypocrite. Of course she cared! Of course she wanted to give him what he needed! She wanted to give everything to him! She was willing to. She even gave her heart for crying out loud!

Now she knew she was losing. They made a deal! A freaking deal that no one should ever fall in love with each other. She can still remember their conversation at his office like it was just yesterday.

~

“And don’t worry. I’ll never let you bore my children. You’re not the type of woman I’m planning to spend the rest of my life with anyway.” Sabi nito sa kanya.

“Same goes from here.” Sagot niya dito.

“So we’re just going to get married because of sex then. No emotional attachment.”

“No falling in love with each other.” Dugtong niya.

“Of course. But what if kung may na in love sa ating dalawa?” Tanong nito na matiim ang tingin sa kanya.

“Then…. He or she will have to face the consequences then.”

~

Now… She was the one whose going to face the consequences! Siya ang talo eh.  “And don’t worry. I’ll never let you bore my children. You’re not the type of woman I’m planning to spend the rest of my life with anyway.” Natatandaan niyang sabi nito sa kanya.

He only wanted your body, idiot! He agreed to this marriage because he wanted to have a taste of your body! Sigaw na naman ng isang bahagi ng isipan niya. Oo nga pala. He said it very clearly that he only wanted GREAT HOT SEX. Mas napaluha siya sa kanyang naisip. If he wanted her body, bakit pa nito kailangang makipagkita sa ibang babae? Because they are men, Gaby. They’re all the same.

Mas lalo siyang hindi makahinga sa pag-iyak ng mabosesan ang babaeng kasama ngayon ni Greg.

It was Kristina.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4M 1M 62
(Game Series # 4) Charisse Faith Viste believes in working hard. She does not believe in luck, only hard work. Bata pa lang siya, nasanay na siya na...
31.8M 1M 48
(Game Series # 1) For as long as Katherine could remember, Juan Alexandro Yuchengco has always been her dream guy. He's smart, kind, and could be fun...
478K 23K 59
Renesmee Venice Esquivel was the only girl in the Last Section who overcame a harrowing and dark past. She was bruised, hurt, and full of scars in he...
21.5M 701K 46
Ingrid is being stalked by a mysterious stranger. She thinks he's a psycho and is deeply afraid of him. However, her curiosity got the better of her...