malfoy's ring // d.m

By xforsytheloverx

"Why do you love that ring so much?" "Because it was given by her," He said, tears were now flowing through h... More

Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
πŸ₯€
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y - O N E
F O R T Y - T W O
F O R T Y - T H R E E
F O R T Y - F O U R
F O R T Y - F I V E
F O R T Y - S I X
F O R T Y - S E V E N
F O R T Y - E I G H T
F O R T Y - N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y - O N E
F I F T Y - T W O
F I F T Y - T H R E E
F I F T Y - F O U R
F I F T Y - F I V E
F I F T Y - S I X
F I F T Y - S E V E N
F I F T Y - E I G H T
F I F T Y - N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y - O N E
S I X T Y - T W O
S I X T Y - T H R E E
S I X T Y - F O U R
S I X T Y - F I V E
S I X T Y - S I X
S I X T Y - S E V E N
S I X T Y - E I G H T
S I X T Y - N I N E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y - O N E
please read
S E V E N T Y - T W O
S E V E N T Y - T H R E E
S E V E N T Y - F O U R
S E V E N T Y - F I V E
S E V E N T Y - S I X
S E V E N T Y - S E V E N
S E V E N T Y - E I G H T
S E V E N T Y - N I N E
E I G H T Y
E I G H T Y - O N E
E I G H T Y - T W O : Letter
E I G H T Y - T H R E E : Letter
E I G H T Y - F O U R : Letter
E I G H T Y - F I V E : Letter
E I G H T Y - S I X : Letter
E I G H T Y - S E V E N : Letter
E I G H T Y - E I G H T
E I G H T Y - N I N E
N I N E T Y
E P I L O G U E 1
F I N A L - E P I L O G U E
Acknowledgement
Sneak Peek

T H I R T Y - F I V E

14.9K 491 1.9K
By xforsytheloverx

This is not good. Not good at all, she thought to herself. How come he's here? Out of all places why is here anyway? Does he have some important business in here? Did he just come here to grab some foods perhaps? Is he trying to look for me? With the last question she asked to herself, she instantly snapped and mentally kicked herself for thinking that.

None of them answered. Earlier, Ginny was talkative and all. Now she wasn't talking, all you could hear now was their breathing. It was lie of course, y/n would never kissed Draco. Well sometimes, she would fantasize about someone kissing her. But not Draco of course— or at least that is what she thought.

"Well we should go now," Cedric slowly said, breaking the whole weird silent tension. The three girls agreed with him and followed Cedric.

"You have something with you y/n and I like to have it back," Draco raised his brow, showing that his deadly serious about this. On the other hand, y/n didn't get him though. She don't understand what Draco told her.

Something with me? She internally asked herself.

Y/n just gave him a questioning look, but her expression was gone when Draco pointed at the basket. The basket full of green apples.

Oh, is that what he's looking for?

"Finders keepers, looser weepers," scoffed y/n, as she tugged in her apples.

"That's now how it works," Draco argued back and took a step closer to her.

It seems like the two forgot that Cedric, Hermione, and Ginny was still there, watching them arguing.

"Oh, so you're the one who's making the rules now?" said y/n, returning his infamous smirk. Y/n got him there, he wasn't talking at all. Instead, he took a step closer to her. It was intense— very intense. She could feel the blood rushing to her cheeks and painting it with a slight shade of red. Everything was so close. So damn close.

Before anything could happen, a cough was heard from Cedric, who's giving Draco a deathly look. If looks could kill then Draco would be dead by now.

"We'll just leave you then," blurted Ginny and pulled Cedric and Hermione away from the heated moment. When the three of them rushed outside, leaving Draco and y/n all alone at the kitchen.

Once they were out, y/n suck in a breath, gathering all the strength that she could muster, "Are you ready for tomorrow?" she whispered to him. Y/n was happy for tomorrow, but then everything went back when she remembered something.

"Yes, you?" Draco asked in a hasty way, hoping that this conversation would end. So that, he can finally get what he wanted and that is; his damn green apples.

"I am Guildford. All Guildford's are prepared," she straightened her collar and gave him a show off look.

"But are you prepared for this?" said Draco, as he took a dangerous step closer to her. Their nose slightly touch and her breath hitch. They were close, very close indeed that you could even hear their heart beat. So close that both of them could smelled each other's scent. So deadly close that they could almost kiss.

They stood there for a minute, y/n placed her hand on his chest, feeling the rhythm of his heart. It was fast as if someone followed him and chase after him. He felt that he was in heaven but the image of heaven was y/n. Y/n Guildford. He started to lean on and so did y/n. Just a few seconds, the dream of Draco Malfoy will be fulfilled.

Nose touching.

His hand was placed on her jaw.

Her hand was placed on his chest.

It was perfect. Everything right here in this moment is perfect. Their lips was now an inch closer. Nothing could ruin this beautiful moment, Draco mentally mumbled to himself. Y/n thought about that too. Her dream of kissing someone before the Christmas was now slowing turning into real life. It was like she was inside a fairytale muggle book.

But before y/n could place her lip on his. Someone interrupted, the two of them quickly pulled away from each other and stared at the person who happened to barge in a wrong time.

"What are you doing?" asked the girl with dreamy soft voice. Just by hearing her tone, we all know to well who said that since she was the only one in school who acted like that. Some even dared to make some nickname for her and truth to be told, y/n didn't like it. Luna Lovegood, aka. Loony.

She was called Loony just because on how she acts and how she dressed up. Despite of every comment that was offensive, by the way. She seems like she's fine with it. She never let people destroy her true bubbly and upbeat personality. Plus, she was kind to everyone and not to mention, she was also smart and a very curious person. That is why she was curious all the time and right now.

She have this wavy dirty blonde hair and fainted eyebrows, which making her to look like a ethereal goddess or whatnot. Y/n never find Luna as being crazy and all. In fact, she found Luna as a bright, sweet, young witch that sometimes she could easily kill someone by using her dreamy look.

"Nothing, Loon- Lovegood," Draco managed to get to say her last name instead of using the silly nickname.

"Are you sure that both of you are doing nothing? It seems like you two are about to kiss," said Luna, eyeing y/n, whose cheeks were bright red like an apple. Draco coughed and looked away, avoiding the question of Luna. On the other hand, y/n bit her inside cheeks and played with her fingers.

Why are you so curious about everything? Draco wanted to ask her that, but kept his mouth shut. Everything was magical awhile ago but then it was flushed down when Luna decided to barge in without informing Draco and y/n.

"Well, I should go now," sighed Luna, expecting that someone will answer her question awhile ago. "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas to you as well, Luna," smiled y/n and nodded at her. Draco was still looking far away, still avoiding their looks. He snapped back in reality when he felt someone nudge him by the ribs, yelping in pain when he finally saw that y/n was the one who hit him by the side. Y/n gave him a look that say, 'greet-her-too'.

Draco nodded at y/n and say, "Happy Christmas, Lovegood," and with that Luna flashed a genuine smile and waved them goodbye. She turn her heels and happily skipped away from the two.

When Luna finally left the two. Draco cleared his throat before uttering a word at her.

"Erm, I should-" Draco started but he was interrupted again by Luna, who came back again and pointed at the ceiling.

"There's a mistletoe, by the way," Luna blurted out and pointed the mistletoe above them. She sheepishly smiled and left the two of them for good this time.

Y/n looked up to check if Luna was right. As she slightly lifted her head up, she saw the mistletoe dangling above them. Once she was done observing the mistletoe, her eyes landed on Draco, who was looking at her. The look he gave to y/n is something that she can't explain. She felt like her legs turn to jelly and her stomach was filled with odd tingly sensation.

Are they going to kiss or not? The scene earlier was almost magical and somehow, y/n wanted to continue it and she doesn't know why. They just stood in awkward silence since none of them were talking.

"I have a gift for you, by the way," said y/n, breaking the silence and grabbed something from her pocket. She bought Draco's gift last last week and she did this because she don't want to be crowded at Hogsmeade whilst everyone was frantically buying gifts for their love ones. Plus, she thought it would be nice of her to buy him a gift even though he can be a jerk sometimes.

It's not that grand but she thinks that it would be a great addition to him. She remembered the time when she was about to pay for the gift she bought. She was having a hard time contemplating herself whether she will buy this or not.

"Here you go," y/n placed a small box on his palm. Draco arched his brow and told y/n why she would even bother to buy him a gift. But despite of everything, he liked the fact that y/n gave him a gift on Christmas Eve. He slowly opened the lid, only to found a minimalistic ring. The ring is beautiful even though it's simple.

"What is this? Are you trying to propose to me or what?" Draco chuckled.

"No, you git," y/n rolled her eyes, "It's just an accessory,"

Draco smirked and bunched his brows. He slipped on the ring on his pinky.

"It's beautiful, y/n. Thank you," smiled Draco, examining the ring on his pinky. Y/n smiled back at him.

"I have a gift for you too as well," said Draco, pulling out his wand. He casted a spell in which tiny bright sparks came from the tip of wand. Y/n gaped, as her eyes lit up when she saw the tiny little fireworks. She didn't mind if this was her gift from Draco. It was sweet and kind of amusing at the same. Draco chuckled when he saw the expression of y/n. She was acting as if this was the first time on seeing it.

He casted again a new spell, in which butterflies erupted everywhere. This day couldn't get any better than this. Y/n was now twirling around and laughed like a child. She was mesmerized by the magic around her. As she was doing her own things, a beautiful emerald butterfly landed on her finger. It wings flapped, flaunting the rich color of green.

Whilst y/n was having fun playing with the butterflies, one landed on Draco's nose. He looked at it and put a frightened expression plastered on his face. He slowly ushered y/n to get rid of the butterfly on his nose, but instead of helping him, she just laughed at him. She really wished that she brought a camera right now, but on the second thought, she reminded herself that she needs to buy one first.

"Aren't you going to help me or not?" asked Draco, still not moving from his place. She really couldn't believe that the slytherin bad boy prince was afraid of the butterfly landing on his nose.

"The butterfly likes you! Look at it!" y/n said with a baby tone. Draco rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Draco mumbled something to himself and good thing y/n didn't heard him because she was too busy watching the butterflies and sparks floating around her. When Draco realized that she wasn't going to help him, he bravely shooed the butterfly away from him.

He made his way beside y/n and watched alongside with her. Y/n was still observing the butterflies and she couldn't stop smiling about it. Meanwhile, Draco couldn't stop looking at her, observing how she curled her lips whenever a butterfly landed on the back of her hand. It was the best Christmas gift he ever received; the happiness from y/n.

Y/n took a glimpse of Draco, which he was still looking at her, "Why are you looking at me?"

"Huh? Looking at you? Er- I was looking at the butterflies behind you," Draco stammered and mentally kicked himself for having a stupid reply. Y/n arched her right brow, as if she really did believe him.

As the time passed by, the two of them decided to go to the astronomy tower. When they finally reached the top, they were greeted by usual December breeze. Both of them went to the balcony where Cedric and y/n was at this exact spot earlier.

Y/n inhaled the air and exhaled, releasing the foggy breath coming from her mouth. She was slightly shivering because she did not brought a jacket nor a scarf. What she only wore was a jumper from last year given by Ron's mum, Molly Weasley.

"What time is it?" asked y/n, rubbing her hands together so that she won't get cold. Draco noticed that she was getting cold, but he also don't know what to do whether to put his jacket around her or give her a warm hug. He could do all of these, but being also the shy boy he was, he stopped himself.

A part of y/n was kind of sad and disappointing at the same time when she saw Draco just stood there and staring from afar. She was expecting that maybe, just maybe, that Draco could give his jacket or hug her at least.

"It's 11:40," replied Draco, as he looked at his watch. Just a few minutes later, Christmas will happen. Y/n found herself, loving this type of situation where she finally got the chance to be with him just before Christmas. On the other hand, she was also sad, knowing that she wasn't in good terms with Harry and Ron.

"What do you wanna do before Christmas?" She asked him, furrowing her brows.

Draco looked down at his shoe and took his time to think about it. There is a lot of things happening inside his brain and he couldn't pick what is the best course of action to do right before Christmas. He even imagine that maybe they will continue what happened earlier right when Luna barged in or maybe cuddle with her exactly one minute before Christmas. Out of all the things he planned on his head, he managed to pick the best one yet.

He took a deep breath and silently prayed that y/n would say yes to him.

"Would you like to have a dance with me, m'lady?" He asked as he reached out his hand and chuckled at the end of his sentence.

Y/n faced him and smiled, "Sure,"

And with that y/n wrapped both of her hand on his neck whilst his hands was on her waist, guiding her movements. They slowly swayed whilst y/n was humming a made up random song. Draco twirled y/n around, causing her to laugh. When he twirled y/n, he pulled her back in his arms, which making y/n to be trapped in Draco's arm. His head was snuggle on y/n's neck, who also leaned her head on his.

They swayed like that and it felt it like they've been doing that forever. Once again, Draco twirled her around and now y/n was fully facing in front of him. She looked into his pale gray eyes and she found herself immensely drawn to it. His eyes glimmered when he saw y/n looking at him.

"Take a picture, it will last longer," Draco scoffed, as he flashed a smirk.

"Well, I would but I don't have one,"

When Draco heard that, he felt his heart stopped working for one minute. His heart began to race and bright shade of red was painted on his pale cheeks.

"Is Draco Malfoy blushing?" the girl laughed and poked at his cheeks.

"No, I'm not. My cheeks were red because it's cold," He simply replied, trying to get a hold on of himself. Outside, he was calm but we all knew too well that deep inside he was definitely crushing on her.

11:50. Draco internally thought when he slowly took a glimpse of his watch.

"Yeah right," y/n rolled her eyes, slight hitting hit chest.

"Good thing, we managed to have a practice before the yule ball tomorrow," said Draco, not wanting to break their conversation. "And I must say, you're a good dancer,"

"You're a good dancer as well," she complimented back.

Draco was about to tell her something, but then he realized why y/n got him a present.

"Why did you bought me a present, by the way?"

"For me, Christmas won't be Christmas when there's no gift," answered y/n, still slowly swaying her hips.

"But why a ring?" Draco asked, curious to know why.

"Think of it as a..." y/n trailed off when she don't know how to put it out in words.

"A promise ring?" he continued it for her. He don't know why out of all things he could reply, he picked this as his answer.

"I was going to say a friendly gift," she laughed, "And yeah that too,"

Y/n held his wrist to check what time is it already. When she saw the time it was already 11: 57. Just a couple few more minutes then the two of them will greet each other for real this time. The pair kept on swaying around whilst Draco's turn to hum as well. They did not mind even though if they kept on dancing, as long as the two of them were together it would be fine and happy as well.

11:58

The dance was now getting boring, but not long after when Draco started leaping like a child and making some funny noises. Y/n followed suit, both making them like a lunatic. Good thing, they were the only one in here because if not, then some people would think that they're completely out of their minds.

11:59

Just one more minute it'll be Christmas. The two saw the clock and started to countdown. As they were counting all the way down before Christmas, Draco was preparing something else.

Ten.

His pulled y/n closer to him, causing y/n to be shocked of his action. But she wasn't complaining at all. In fact, she really did like this.

Nine.

He wrapped his arms around her, hugging y/n as if this was the last time he'll be hugging her.

Eight.

Y/n did same thing, she accepted the hug given by Draco, it was all warm and calming at the same time.

Seven.

He sang softly onto her ears, he don't know what song this was, but he was sure that he made this on the spot.

Six.

Y/n's heart melted when he sang but then break out into a fit of laughter when she realized Draco was making this song all up.

Five.

She was accompanying Draco by humming even though it doesn't blend well and synchronized with his made up song.

Four.

The two of them let out a full hearted laughter. She and Draco were enjoying each other's company. And it was their best time yet.

Three.

After what it felt like a decade, she pulled away from the hug and faced in front of Draco.

Two.

They had a blast on spending the past few hours together right before Christmas. They didn't do much, but for them, it was enough. What a great day on Christmas Eve, Draco thought.

One.

And with that one second, Draco gather all his strengths and even silently prayed to make this one second count. He leaned in and so did y/n. Soon, their lips collided with each other, feeling the warm sensation.

"Happy Christmas, y/n," smiled Draco and leaned his forehead on hers.

"Happy Christmas, Draco," she replied back, engulfing Draco with her arms. They were hugging once again and in that moment, they don't want to let go of each other's arms. They found comfort and warmth when the two of them hugged.

After that, let's just say that even though y/n didn't received a jacket or a scarf from Draco, she had received a wonderful warmest hug ever— and also that kiss too.

***
hey loves!

I just wanted to greet you once again, a blessed Happy Christmas and New Year!

Take care of yourself and have a magical Christmas! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.8K 30
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
661K 16.3K 27
Y/N L/N and her mom are moving to Avonlea after her father had passed away. When she arrives her whole life will change, starting with the boy she fe...
672K 16.8K 36
When a girl arrives in the Glade, it's shocking, to say the least. As things begin to regulate, Alby makes certain that no one grows close to the new...
291K 14.9K 29
❝You'd have to be crazy to love me❞ // ❝Good thing they call me the Mad Hatter, then❞ ✯ Louis Partridge x Reader ✯ After escaping her boarding scho...