The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 28

28.9K 1K 590
By readergirl4343

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't too bad weather. For England, still being only 15 degrees. It had a hint of sun, strange since winter was barely a week or two away.

I was in a white day dress that wrapped nicely around the torso in layers and had my hair loose over my shoulders.

Today was basically a free day, but I already saw staff in prep for the winter festival in 2 weeks.

Prince Thomas had asked at breakfast if I could meet him for a chat later on after he had a meeting.

So before lunch I made my way up to his room right on time, knocking softly on the door.

A moment of shuffling came from within the room before the door swung open to reveal the prince.

"Bells." He greeted with a cheery smile, "You're looking very pretty today. White suits you."

I blushed slightly from his compliment, "Thank you." I looked down to my feet and eyed my silver slip on shoes nervously.

I was happy he was calling me Bells again.

"Come in." He held the door open wider and allowed me to enter into his room.
I stepping inside, watching him gesture for me to take a seat so I plant myself on the edge of his bed, the comfy sheets soft against my legs.

"What have you been up to?" I ask Thomas, looking to see his desk was filled with bits and bobs from different projects.

"I'm still working on the painting for Charlotte, I think it will be her Christmas gift, but I've been also having to prep for the winter festival and think about the selection going on." Thomas looked to his work, running a hand swiftly through his muddy coloured hair.

He turned to face me and gave me a heart melting kind of smile.
So I guess we were all good then.

"What happened to Penny then?" I asked the prince and he sighed.

"I had to send her home. There was no way for me to keep her. She was stealing from us, my sisters jewellery, and many other expensive pieces. I had no other choices really." He said sadly and I kinda felt a little sad too.

I patted the spot on the bed beside me and Thomas came and sat.

"So, what do you have to plan for this winter festival?" I ask the prince.

He shrugs, "Boring stuff mostly, but my parents want to get me used to planning and organising events. A lot of choosing this or that. Decorations, cakes and themes. Nearly every room of the palace needs designing."

"That sounds like fun, I love decorating." I say and Thomas smiles at my enthusiasm.

"Well maybe you could help me out, see that booklet over there, that's all the options. Grab it and we can take a look." The prince points to the workbook sitting on his desk.

I get up to go and collect it when I notice what had happened. I felt it all sticky first before I turned to confirm my worst nightmare.

I had my period. Right through my white dress. Right onto the Prince's bed sheets.

I had been so distracted coming to the palace, being in the selection, I'd forgotten to keep track of my period.

"Oh my god Thomas I am so sorry." I say, feeling tears pricking in my eyes, "Sorry, sorry."

I was feeling panicky, flaming with embarrassment.

I feel it in my dress and look to see the bright red was extremely visible and soaked through my clothing. Yuck.

"Hey, Isabelle it's ok." The prince stands from where he sits and pulls me into a hug, stopping my panicking self from overreacting.
I feel like a child crying onto his shoulder, but he comforts me.

"I'll let you freshen up, get you some new clothes and we can take a look at the decoration ideas." The prince explains, slowly and softly into my hair.

I nod, my vision slightly blurry because of the tears in my eyes, but I like having Thomas to tell me it's all going to be ok.

"Come in here, this is the ensuite, and I'll have a maid bring you some clothes to wear while you have a shower or bath. Take as long as you need." Prince Thomas explains, delicately pushing back my tear covered hair and kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I whisper to him before he gives me some privacy, closing the door.

✿✿✿

After a long, hot shower to wash off the feeling of period blood from my body, I found a pile of clothes left just inside the bathroom door. Along with numerous types of sanitary products I could use.

I had bundled my white, now red stained dress, so it didn't ruin any of the clean bathroom, and set it aside.

Getting dressed I chose the blue top and black pants, wrapping myself up in the fluffy robe.
Also a pair of slippers sat by the door so I put them on before leaving the bathroom.

My hair was knotty and wet, but at least it smelled of the fresh shampoo flowers and peach body scrub.
I saw Prince Thomas discussing with a maid who had a basket of laundry sitting on her hip.

Once the prince realised I was in the room he thanked the maid and she exited the room swiftly.
"Are you feeling any better?" Prince Thomas asked, concern for my well being in his voice.

As he put his hands on my shoulders I smiled happily, "A lot better, thank you Tom." I say and he smiles happily at that.

"Thank goodness, I didn't want to see you upset. You should know that I understand that is normal and nothing to be ashamed of." He said and his understanding has me smiling.

"I also told the maid of your situation and they will provide you with everything you might need." He said and I fell into a hug with him.

"You're too nice." I say and he chuckles.

"You should be treated with only the best of services Bells. If there's anything you need, just ask." Thomas says, putting a hand on the back of my head, running it down through my wet hair.

"How about those winter festival designs?"

✿✿✿

Later on in the afternoon, everything was chaos.

I had been with Harriet since lunch, and when we came back to the corridor where our rooms were the place was crazy.

Girls crying and bags tossed around the hall, doors to rooms wide open as maids and other staff went in and out.

Harriet spotted Lola so we dodged the chaos and stood beside her, "What's going on?" Harriet asks her.

"Prince Thomas has started sending girls home, very suddenly. And they have to leave straight away. Others are stressed because they worry they're next." Lola explained, watching the mess before us.

"Who's going home?" I asked, worried for the girls.

"Not you two, obviously, but Indiana, Remy, Emma, Amelia, Ellie, Jade and one other, Allie I think?" She looks like she's trying to remember.

"Alex." I say and she nods, confirming my thought.

That's 7 more girls gone. Only 11 selected remaining.

Harriet looked to me, concerned, "The Amethyst girls are splitting up." She says.

I didn't even think about that. It was sad. I had become good friends with Remy and Indi.

Harriet takes my arm and we hurry to find them in the mess. They are easy to spot, crying outside their room as they attempt to pack their belongings away.

I give Indi a hug, as she's in tears, and then Remy, who isn't crying but looks sad, giving her a tight squeeze.
We swap phones numbers and promise to text each other in our Amethyst girls chat.

We got the idea for a group chat from Daisy, who got everyone's numbers and made huge a selection group chat.

We say goodbye to both Remy and Indi one last time, since they had been nothing but lovely to us.

Genevieve was also in the corridor, looking particularly sad, probably since her minion Ellie, was being sent home.
She noticed me watching and decided to get up and walk to her own room, slamming the door quite hard. I wish Thomas had sent her home.

Amelia, Jade and Emma were all nice girls, but clearly Prince Thomas was taking this seriously.
No point wasting their time if it's going nowhere though.

The only girl who wasn't a mess being sent home was Alex. She had her bag packed and was sitting on her luggage case as she read her book.

"Alex."

She looks up and gives me a cute grin.

"Hey Isabelle." She greets, closing her book and standing up.

"You're leaving." I say sadly, pointing to her stuff, all piled into one pink and black spotted suitcase on wheels.

"I know, but it's for the best. I didn't really feel a connection." She states matter-o-factly, shrugging slightly.

I nod and pull her into a hug, which she finds unexpected and lets out a tiny gasp before putting her arms around me.

"I'll miss you. Text me when your home." I say and she seems happy that I promised to talked to her again.

"Thank you Isabelle, you're truly a nice friend." She says gratefully and puts a hand on her bag handle, "I have to head out, but I'll call you later."

"Bye." I say with a wave and a smile as she walks off with her bag down the corridor.

Harriet moves to be beside me after saying goodbye to Amelia.
"At least we're still here." Harriet says, putting an arm over my shoulder.

"Yeah, but for how much longer." I say, trying to joke, but she takes it seriously and looks at me concerned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 6.4K 57
Princess Charlotte is next to have her selection. But she doesn't want one. At first. Usually confident Charlotte, can't seem to get it together for...
339K 14.1K 30
*HEAVY EDITING IN MOTION* The Chosen Princess (Interracial) * ******THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. SOME CHANGES MAY OCCUR****** The Chose...
8M 328K 153
*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@TeenFiction Soul Deep β€’@WattpadRoyals Fantas...
2.5K 59 21
The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite, and Prince Ethan Noah Schreave's time to make his decision is running out. His choice must be both...