DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Who Am I?
Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Pick Pocket Fox
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Vivid
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Running Into Wall's
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Queen Mother
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Making Of A Queen

2.1K 216 37
By nikkihershell

My heart was beating rapidly as we walked through the doors that may hold the answers to Frankie's past life. Part of me wanted to jerk her away and spill what I knew and the other part hoped that this place had no info to give. Ironic isn't it, I've stared death in the face many time's and not so much as flinched, but being in this situation right now knowing that if Frankie discovered the truth I could lose her sent fear spearing my body.

My thoughts buzzed so loudly that I didn't hear the word's that Frankie and the receptionist exchanged. I didn't comprehend anything until we were seated in a spacious yet mostly empty office. A few certificates hung crooked on the wall and the scarred, outdated furniture could use a good shinning. It wasn't long before an lady appearing to be in her non-profits joined us. Her frosted hair was teased to the limits and the bright pink lipstick she wore was smudged over her top lip. Thick rimmed glasses perched low on her nose and the dress she adorned could have been ripped from any old lady's closet. The dark makeup she wore only deepened the growing wrinkles on her face and gave her a frigid look. The cheap, strong perfume she had on burned my nostrils and did nothing to cover up the fact that she had recently smoked a cigarette. However through all of this she presented us with a warm smile and greeting that proved my assumptions wrong. "Hi. I'm Mrs. Molly, director of Timberlyn County Child Services. How can I help you two lovely individuals?"

Frankie fiddled with her hands as she tried to think of where to begin. Clearing her throat she spoke. "Mrs. Molly, I once was a child of your system" . She stated sliding proof of documentation toward her.

Molly looked the paper's over then smiled as she repeated Frankie's name. "Yes dear, I remember you. I was only a case worker at the time of your residency here... Much younger and slimmer too might I add". She said with a chuckle.

Frankie gave a uneasy smile and continued. "I'm searching for my birth parent's and answers. I was hoping you could help me?"

Mrs. Molly sat up a bit and gave Frankie a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry dear but  the agency isn't allowed to share such information to protect the right's of the biological parent's. However there may be a loophole. If your biological parent's signed a consent stating that if you inquired about them it would okay to pass the information on. Give me a moment to look into your files".

Mrs. Molly left the room and I could see the glimmer of that lit Frankie's eye's. Even though I was going through my own turmoil my heart felt for her. Giving her hand an encouraging squeeze, I wished thing's could be different from her. Several moment's passed before Mrs. Molly returned with a bleak look. Taking her seat, she smiled sadly. "I'm sorry my dear but the files are sealed under FBI protection. My hands are tied".

" FBI protection? " Frankie questioned confused.

"Yes. This happens only if there has been some sort of investigation that hasn't been solved. Once the investigation has been resolved the files will be returned to us".

I guess Mrs. Molly saw the worry that etched Frankie's face and patted her hand. "This doesn't necessarily mean something bad has happened, it could just be a simple investigation on something minor".

Frankie nodded her understanding then asked. "Could I contact the FBI agency for information?"

" That could very well be a start and maybe they can help you".

Frankie thanked Mrs. Molly for her time and begin to stand but Mrs. Molly stopped her. "I hope you find your answers soon my dear and may I ask how you're doing in life?"

Frankie gave a weak smile and I knew she was trying her best not to fall apart at having came to a dead end. "I'm doing well for myself" .

Mrs. Molly beamed. "That is lovely. I love hearing when our residents succeed in life. I've seen so many lose their way and fall into the cracks of the system. I'm proud of you dear".

Frankie smudged at her eye's and looked around the office. "I have so many memories here". She murmured before reaching into her bag.

Removing her checkbook from the bag she begin to write. Ripping the check from it's folder, she handed it to Mrs. Molly. "I'd like to make a donation. I hope this helps the children" .

Mrs. Molly gasped as she looked at the figures on the check. "Wow, this is a lot of money. One hundred thousand will certainly help this facility in many ways. Thank you my dear and this deed shouldn't go unnoticed. I'll see to it that a plaque is displayed in your name".

Feeling the need to, I removed my checkbook as well and matched Frankie's donation. Mrs. Molly was elated and it was hard to escape this place but I knew Frankie needed to get out so she could unleash. Once in the car Frankie fell apart as I held her. "I'll never know who I am. I'll never be able to tell my kid's where I came from or have an answer to my questions. I'll never feel complete".

This broke me and I knew I had to do the right thing. It hurt me more seeing Frankie in such despair than me trying to keep this from her to save my own heart. We stopped off for some lunch and I made my way to the bathroom to place a call. "Pape, email me what we have on Frankie's parents" .

"Are you sure son?"

" Yes. It's the right thing to do. Just omit the way they were killed along with the gruesome photos. Do send their before pictures though so she can finally put faces to the name's ".

" Are you certain? " Pape asked once more.

"Yes". I announced strongly.

Within a few hour's I received the e-mail and thankfully by this time we were nestled in our hotel room. It took awhile but I finally worked up the nerve to show Frankie what she needed to see. "I have information on your parent's" . I said handing her my phone.

"Take your reading the files. I'll be in the next room. Remember that I love you and I'm doing this because I love you, not to hurt you" .

Frankie gave me a strange look but I left the room figuring she needed to read this alone. An hour had passed and so far not a peep from her. Feeling brave, I walked back into the room to face our new future. Frankie was sitting in the center of the couch with red, puffy eye's. At first I assumed that she hadn't realized that I had entered because she remained stone still and silent but she finally spoke in a accusing whisper. "You did this to me. You and your family turned me into a parentless child. You killed my family" .

My throat constricted and my voice disappeared. I could only stand there. "And you knew the entire time but let me go on my search for parent's that no longer exist?" Her voice suddenly screamed.

"Parent's that you took from me. That your family cold blooded murdered all for greed. While you and your family moved on with your fine lives I was left to rot in the system and carry around the feeling that I was nothing to them all of these year's."

" Frankie, please let me explain ". I begged but she does from her post on the couch and stopped a few feet from me. "My name is not Frankie. I am Elizabeth Kinichie.... Heir to Kinichie enterprises" . Frankie sneered so vilely.

I shook my head sadly. "Kinichie Enterprises is no more".

"Why King? Because your family murdered mine and took what was theirs and is rightfully mine? Well guess what? Your family wasn't so clever this time because they left me alive. That's right bitches... I'm here and alive and I will claim what is mine. I will avenge my parent's murder. Tell me King.... When your dear mother was thought to be dead how bad did you want the one's responsible?"

" Dont fuck with my head Frankie. That's irrelevant to this situation ". I warned.

" How so King? Because it isn't you in my shoes? Because your mother turned up alive?You're right, this is nowhere near your situation... This is worse. I slept with my parent's murder. I'm carrying my enemy's child".

"I'm not your enemy nor is my family. I love you and can't control the events that took place when we were kid's. I thought I was doing the right thing by being honest with you. I couldn't stand to see you hurting. Baby I will do whatever it is for you and my child".

" Can you bring my parent's back? Can you erase my hellish childhood?.... Didn't think so. Now move over Harper. There's a new queen in town that's about to turn some heads".

"Don't be crazy Frankie. You must not provoke my family or try anything against us. You won't succeed" .

"Oh really King?" Frankie laughed evily.

What she did next shocked me. I had carelessly left my gun in the room with her but I didn't think. Frankie had never been one to act violently so I didn't expect her to now. However Frankie removed my gun from underneath her shirt and aimed at me. "Frankie think about this. You're upset and acting on emotions. Just take a time out to think".

" Oh I did take time to think King.... And I think there's a new Queen to Kinichi Enterprises ".

That was the last thing I heard before a shot rang out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

692K 15.7K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...
2.2K 272 19
"I've never felt this way with any other guy before." This is a romance and action novel.Gabby Jones just broke up with Damion because she couldn't s...
5M 118K 23
SEQUEL TO HIS POSSESSION IN DISCRETION READ BOOK #1 BEFORE ENTERING BOOK #2 Delilah Newman-Russel. Recently turning 19, she's been learning the ropes...
122 1 33
Pasha Allen is back. And she's on a mission. To uncover the names of her attackers who played a brutal role in her abduction and vicious assault over...