I'm Here To Win

After leaving Alice, I made my way to a quaint little wine bar that I use to frequent when I was alive to celebrate my small victory. I felt somewhat confident that Alice would meet my needs and come through. Poor girl, she seemed terrified to be facing me. I guess she would though, considering I'm thought to be dead and the threats I laid on the table.

I chose Alice because, well she's still naive and has been humiliated by my grandson. She is ripe for the picking and if I know me, I can transfer her into the strong woman that's buried behind those fearful eye's. After all, take a look at Sam. She was once this frail little girl that allowed my son to dictact her life but I changed that. Now she's every bit of a queen as I was... Almost. Let's be honest, no one can replace me.

However, since I've returned I've did my homework on my family and these new girl's that's been brought in by my grandsons. These newcomers are good people but yet to have impressed me. So they may have made a few kills, big whoop. Tia and Alice still lack that queen vibe, that essence to control a roomful of people. Even Sam still can't do that to the fullest. Best believe when I enter a room I'm given everyone's upmost attention and respect. All conversation ceases and eye's are on me. They know if I have came, I have came to win. Or perhaps they are wondering what's up my sleeve.... And I always have something hidden up there besides my guns or knives. Just as now, I have a plan and if that plan fails, I already have a backup plan and so on.

Alice is just phase one of my plan. Of course I know that she won't be able to secure the info I'm asking for. She might be able to snag bits and pieces but as I mentioned before these new women lack ball's, intellect and frankly the sense to follow through without breaking. I'm not saying that they don't have the potential, just lack of training. It's plain as day that since I died, the woman have taken a backseat in the family. They no longer call any shots, sit in on meetings and probably have no inkling as to what's going on. I didn't leave the Harper legacy for a bunch of homemaking Betty's to take over. Soon, I believe Alice will trust me. Yes, she technically isn't a Harper anymore due to the divorce that she so easily agreed to without beating the brakes off of CJ, but I have faith that this family hasn't seen the last of her. For one, there's this guy that hides in the shadows at her new place. He means no harm or at least I don't think so. He seems to want to protect her, look after her and ensure that she is safe. Alice is by far from done.

Then there is my Mizery. I've always known that she would be a strong one. I must admit that I'm proud of her and even though she suffers mentally, I see a great deal of me in her. She's definitely one to watch. However she is currently in Vegas exploring new love with Aiden Marietta. I couldn't have chosen a better partner for her. Had I been around when the family tried to interfere in their budding romance I would've put a stop to it. I think joining with the Marrita family is a smart move. They've always came through for us. Besides having Mizery so close to them could be an ace in my pocket. Many time's Severo has came to my aid unbeknownst to the other's. I'm sure if I need him now he would respond.

I have one more mission before I call it a night. Yes, I do believe Alice will try to gain the info I need but I don't think she will succeed fully. I'm Laney Harper. I never have someone do the job for me. I do it myself to ensure that it's done right. London may have our information blocked from outside sources but I know where to go and attain what I need.... My office building. By this late hour it's sure to be empty but first there's a phone call I need to make.

Removing my phone from my bag, I hit the contact I wished to speak to. As I waited for an answer, I mindlessly ran my finger around the lip of my wine glass enjoying the whirring sound it made. Eventually my call was answered. "It's me". I stated.

" Oh my God Laney. I've been so worried about you. When you didn't call I assumed the worse. "

I softly chuckled. "I'm Laney Harper. It takes more than a few bullets to get rid of me".