But, you're just a computer...

By batsbatzbats

~On Hiatus~ Cover art is mine (^w^)] ⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️ Angst! Cutting! Talks about sensitive topics such a... More

What is a "Squip"? - Chapter 1
Your Squip - Chapter 2
A new bestfriend? - Chapter 3
god damn it, LET ME CUDDLE YOU! - Chapter 4
'Cool kids' - Chapter 5
They're not all that bad... - Chapter 6
Deep in thought - Chapter 7
The Other Squips - Chapter 8
Wanna be lazy together? - Chapter 9
Sexy Shopping - Chapter 10
I'm always here... - Chapter 11
Michael- I'm sorry! Okay?! - Chapter 12
Inside your head - Chapter 13
Michael's solution - Chapter 14
Jeremy, what is wrong with you? - Chapter 15
Was that a mistake? - Chapter 16
I just wanna talk about you guys for a moment
Ups and Down - Chapter 18
Small thing I'm wondering about
Laying on the floor, crying, and eating Spaghetti - Chapter 19
Yo, new book out

But is he really sorry? - Chapter 17

1.4K 36 265
By batsbatzbats

~Okay, 100% honest right now, this chapter is more of a filler, although there are some key moments.~

——The Squip's (Eric's) POV!——

I held the sleeping Y/n close to my chest. This moment was all too perfect. I finally did it. I finally got to hold her as if she was mine. I love her so, so much. I never want to let go of her.

After she and I practically cried over how much we cared for one another, we just held each other until she fell asleep, and when I brought her upstairs to her room so she can get a proper, more comfortable sleep.

This is probably the longest I've ever smiled. I've literally just been letting this goofy looking grin stay on my face for hours now. I'm even still in my physical form, but I did have to switch back to my non-tangible form around 10 pm for when her parents got home and checked on her. But other than that, I never let her go. I don't want to...

This is it isn't it?

Love?

The emotional had so much baggage, but this result is worth it. I genuinely gave up on trying to be able to have Y/n reciprocate my feelings, but, I guess I just needed a little more patience.

Love is such an amazing yet confusing emotion.

I just really hope that things between Y/n and I won't be unusual and awkward anymore, I absolutely hated that. I just hated it when she and I were both in that mindset.

I looked back down at Y/n again. I don't care if she and I haven't shared a real kiss yet. She's with me now, and she feels safe. That's enough for me...

Y/n was sleeping peacefully...

In my arms...

With me in her's...

She looked so peacefully...

And beautiful...

Those thoughts kept on repeating, and repeating in my head, causing an endless loop of awe.

I never wanted to let go of her, I feared she'll just slip back away to Jake and his manipulation. I know he'll break her heart. I know he'll cheat on her. I just know.

Y/n shifted in her sleep and I glanced at the clock. 6:04 am. Nooooooo... I don't want her to get up and go to school right now.

As if on cue, Y/n's eyes flickered open. I stared longingly into her eyes, smiling widely.

"Ha, good morning, squippy." She quietly chuckled.

I kissed her forehead. "Good morning, Y/n." I glitched out her bed and stretched, catching a glimpse of Y/n's bed hair in the mirror. Holy shit even how messy her hair is right now is too adorable for me to handle.

Y/n slid out of her bed and smiled at me. "I'm gonna go wash my face and such, you got my outfit covered?" She asked, slowly backing away towards the door.

I nodded. "Yeah, you know the routine by now." I laughed midway through my sentence.

She mentally laughed and left the room. I felt my cheeks tingle. Her laugh is too cute. I was about to go and pick her outfit out, but I was abruptly distracted by her phone making noise due to a reminder.

I walked over and glanced at what it was. Wait, it's October 31st. Today is Jake's party after school. I grumbled and hit the snooze button. I really didn't want to have her go anywhere with Jake, but this party is just giving me terrible visions already.

I shook my head and went back to the task at hand. I quickly matched an outfit and waited for Y/n to come back.

I just sat on her bed and starting scrolling through her phone. Mainly through her pictures though. Hell no I'm not going through her Wattpad or notes app or anything like that, I'd rather my eyes not sin.

Anyway, I started to flip through picture after picture seeing pictures of her and her friends, a crazy amount of theater/musical memes, and just funny photos she took.

But I noticed something. Something was missing from her photo album.

I quickly went to her camera and turned the camera towards me, and snapped a photo of me making a weird face.

(Here's a digital drawing I did when I was bored)

Perfection.

Then, like the evil person I was, I set it as everyone's contact photo.

I heard the door open again so I rushed to put her phone down and just pretended that I was only laying down on her bed for comfort.

"Really?" She said. Y/n walked up to me and lightly slapped my leg. "Whatever, I'm gonna put the clothes on now, cya downstairs." She said, picking her shirt up.

I nodded and glitched downstairs. I was about to make her some food, but I abruptly stopped myself because my database informed me that her father was about to come downstairs and make breakfast for everyone. I also changed back into my non-tangible form so he couldn't see me.

"Hm hm hm hm hmmm." Her father hummed a tune as he walked down the stairs. I just floated around and watched him as he made some pancakes. Although he almost messed up the recipe, lucky, when his back was turned I quickly fixed it. "Y/n!" He called up the stairs. "Breakfast is ready!"

"I'll be down in a moment!" She called back from her room. A minute or two later, I heard her footsteps quickly come down the stairs. She smiled at me, I was actually standing on the ceiling in the way a bat would sleep upside down.

I love playing with my body's gravity point, and I've actually been doing it a lot since I know it makes Y/n laugh whenever I'm on the ceiling.

Her dad turned around and put her plate down on the table. "Hello, sweetie." He kissed her forehead and proceeded to make himself a sandwich. "How's Eric doing?" He randomly asked.

Y/n looked up from her plate at me and smiled. "He seemed fine last time I saw him." She informed, shoveling a forkful of pancakes into her mouth.

Her dad turned around and leaned on the kitchen counter. "It's a pity that I haven't seen him around the house recently," he took a sip from what appeared to be some juice. "Why is that?"

Y/n shrugged. "He's been busy I guess."

"Busy? Or just you haven't asked him?" He proclaimed, acting as if he just solved something big. "Trust me, that man would definitely move his schedule around just to hang out with you." He said, poking his daughter's shoulder repeatedly.

Y/n swat her hand at him. "Nah, he's really just been busy. He's only in ap classes, and he's got a lot of tests coming up so he has to study."

"Oh? The computer would have to study for his ap classes?" I impersonated her father as a joke, which almost made the orange juice that she was drinking spray out of her nose.

"Shut it, I'm trying to hold a normal conversation!" She so obviously laughed while telling me through her thoughts.

Her father looked at her strangely. "What's so funny?" He asked with a slight chuckle.

Y/n lazily shrugged. "Just remembered something stupid that my friends did the other day." She saved. "Oh, speaking of which, Jake's party is tonight, when do you expect me to be home?" She sarcastically asked.

"Try to be home before midnight, but the latest I will go to is 1:30 am." He said. "I remember my high school parties going really late in the mornings, but try to get home before people start doing drugs." He shrugged.

Y/n laughed at his curfew rules. "Alright dad, I should get going." She got up and kissed his cheek. "Bye."

"Do you want me to drive you?" He asked, ready to go fetch his keys.

Y/n waved her hands. "No, Chloe usually comes to pick me up, thanks though! Bye!" She stepped outside. "Love you!" Y/n shut the door behind her and sat down on her porch.

"Chloe's car is currently about a 5-minute drive away, although she's speeding, so make it 3," I informed with a laugh.

I saw Y/n smile at that. Y/n looked at me and pat the seat next to her to sit beside her. Which I quickly did for your information.

There were a couple of seconds of strange silence, but Y/n got annoyed about it. Y/n put her hand on mine and held it. "Please don't have things to be awkward between us?" She asked.

I blushed madly. I was probably even glowing as well. "No! Of course, it's not, I just couldn't come up with anything to say!" I worriedly waved my other hand that she wasn't holding. After another couple seconds, Y/n rested her head on my shoulder. Oh my god, my face is so hot-

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

At first, I was totally fine, but about ten seconds in my face began to boil. What is wrong with me right now?

I used to play around with the idea of me having a crush on Eric as a bit of a joke, but what about now? Why couldn't these feelings just go away? I have a boyfriend for god's sake!

"Y/n?" He asked. "Are you okay?"

My face reddened. "Can... Can you hear what I'm thinking?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Not for what you're thinking now, it's so repressed that all I hear is static..." He said, looking worried. "Are you sure you're alright?"

I let out a long sigh and smiled at him. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff." I lightly chuckled.

Chloe's car finally pulled up in front of the house and she lightly tapped the horn. I laughed, stood up and ran to the passenger side. She unlocked the door and let me in, which led to me sliding in and is two driving off. "Hey Y/n, ready for Jake's party- Wait, have you even made up with him yet?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I have a slight hunch that he's going to come crawling back to me to apologize later today." I half-heartedly smiled.

Chloe modded. "Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, you're going to take his apology, right?" She asked again.

I shrugged once more. "I don't know, depends on what he says and if he really means it," I answered as I leaned my chin on the dashboard. "But I do still plan on going to his party, sorry or not." I winked at Chloe.

Chloe laughed and smirked. "That's my girl!" She exclaimed loudly. Chloe pulled into the student parking lot and we walked over to where Rich and Brooke were talking near a tree. "We ready to go?" She asked them.

Brooke modded. We took Brooke's car and drove down to Rich's house to see Jake already sitting on the couch with Jeremy. I ignored both. I could also see Jeremy's Squip practically sizing up the place, but I just avoided him, although I could see Eric giving him dirty looks every so often.

"I'm really tired." I wined as I slugged my body over the couch.

"Me too," Brooke agreed as she hopped on the sofa, popping what looked to be a beer can open.

"Drinking already? Come on, it's not even 5 yet." I joked.

Brooke shrugged. "It's 5 somewhere." She said, inhaling the can's contents.

I laughed. "That is very true."

Jake turned his body towards mine. "Hey babe, you coming to my party tonight?" He asked

I stared at him blankly. "Not until you apologize to me and Michael," I said, taking the coffee Rich was offering into my hand.

Jake swung his arms in the air. "Come! On!" He exclaimed. "You know I was only joking!" He said. "And- that dude was seriously trying to grope you."

I looked at him strangely. "Oh my god- no," I rolled my eyes. "Michael is my best friend-" I turned towards Brooke and Chloe. "Next to you two-" back to Jake. "And that joke wasn't funny. He wasn't trying to grope me either, he doesn't see me in that way."

Jake seat his hand at me. "Come on- I just-" Jake really couldn't let his pride go?

"Jake, this isn't a battle you're going to win," Brooke groaned in annoyance. "You can stop trying to jerk-off your ego, and apologize."

Jake sputtered and looked around the room in a panic, but he eventually sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'm sorry."

I ruffled his hair up. "Good."

Jeremy looked at us confusingly. "Michael did what?" He asked.

Jake shot up. "Michael tried to grope Y/n, but she doesn't see it!" Jake's ego came flooding back in.

Jeremy's Squip appeared next to him. "Say that Michael was always such a creep." He said. I balled my first ready to tell Jeremy's Squip off, but I just decided to wait until Jeremy said it.

Jeremy looked at me with worry, but he was then forcefully changed into a smirk. "Michael was always a bit of a creep though," he said.

I glared at him.

I brought my hand up and swiped it across his face. He deserved it so much. Jeremy put his hand onto where I quickly and harshly slapped him. "Michael is not a creep, you backstabbing, trash-talking, selfish asshole!" I yelled as I pushed his chest. "He used to be your god damn best friend, but the second you get the chance, you just have to have his name in your mouth just to get someone else to like you! You only care about yourself, and I wish you never influenced yourself like this!" I screamed at him.

Jeremy stood up. "Y/n, calm down-" Jeremy waved his arms at me, "I was just joking-"

"No! I'm fucking done with you and your bullshit!" I yelled, raising my arms high into the air. "You're a selfish bastard who will ditch their only real friends for fake ones in seconds just because of popularity!" I looked back over to Brooke. "You're dating this woman, and I bet you don't even know the first fucking thing about her because you see her as a tool to use and then throw away at the first sign of danger! Brooke is so sweet, and you barely even acknowledged her existence when she walked in! You just don't care about her! You just care about yourself and your tiny fucking pair of balls! Maybe you would have already noticed this about your toxic self if you fucking grew a pair already!" I yelled. I pushed Jeremy back onto the couch and stomped off with Rich and Chloe trailing behind me, trying to calm me down.

Chloe touched my arm as I walked into Rich's room and threw myself into his bed and screamed into the pillow. "Shhhhh..." she hushed, rubbing circles on my back.

Rich pushed his hair back, trying to collect what happened. "Wow... You really chewed him out..." he announced, I could hear Rich's breathing become irregular.

"He totally deserved that though, Jake too..." Chloe pointed out.

Rich nodded, "Oh 100%," He said,

After a second or two, the bedroom door slowly opened. Brooke was standing there, nervously holding her arms up. I sat up properly to listen to whatever she was going to say. "So... Jeremy and I are going on a big of a break..."

My eyes slightly widened. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry!" I apologized immediately (unlike someone else I know).

Brooke waved her hands in my direction, "No no no no! It's not your fault! You were totally right with everything you said, I still really like him, but he has to improve how he acts first before he starts a romantic relationship..." Brooke said.

I smiled. "How noble of you." I saluted her.

Brooke sat down next to me and pushed her head into my stomach. "I feel like a fool thouuuggggh..." She whined.

Rich glanced at Eric who was floating right next to me. "Females have such strange emotions..."

"I know right," Eric chimed in as he pet my hair, he then smiled at me. "Y/n, you only spoke the complete truth, no need to feel bad."

I glanced and him and then back at Brooke. "I know, I still can't help but feel partially responsible," I stated. Eric furrowed his brows and hugged me by my neck, I could feel the heat rise to my face. "I should uh..." I trailed off, trying to collect myself. "Go down and apologize to Jeremy for telling him off," I said, slow lung getting up.

Rich put his hand out. "No no, stay, he'll be up in a second to apologize to you." He said. We waited for a second or two, and low and behold, Jeremy walked into the room and looked at me with a distraught, almost nervous look on his face.

"Uh, hey Y/n?" Jeremy began, poking his head in through the door. "Can I talk to you?" He asked.

I took in a long a deep breath. "Sure," I said, pushing myself off the bed.

I walked over, and Rich, being the smartass he is said, "Told ya," which I quickly responded with a slight push of the shoulder as I walked past.

Jeremy and I walked over to the kitchen, I leaned on the fridge and waited for him to start talking. Jeremy stuttered and tried to collect his words before he said anything stupid. "I- uh, look," he sighed, "I know that I haven't really been too kind to you lately, but I'm, just, I'm sorry." He looked down at the ground in shame.

I lazily smiled at him with a fairly genuine look on my face. "I know," I said. "I've known you for 4, almost 5 years, I know when you're sorry or having doubts," I stated. I walked over to where Jeremy was standing and pat his back, "Just check yourself and your actions before you do anything. It's clear you don't think before you speak or act."

Jeremy sputtered, but he stopped himself from speaking. I smiled and walked off to the living room. I saw Jake still sitting on the couch. He barely looked at me and spoke, "Oh hey babe, could you pick me up a beer while you're up?" He asked although it sounded more like an order.

I looked at him. "Uh, sure, I guess," I turned around to go get him one, but Eric was already standing there with an open beer. "Thanks, E." I nicked. I handed the beer to Jake and sat down on a different couch.

Everyone else slowly walked into the room, and we continued to watch the show that we started last time. But alas, Rich's reminder went off telling us to go to school. So, we all lazily got up off the couches and piled into each other's cars. Like usual, I took Rich's so we could talk and discuss Squip stuff.

"So," I began, "since you're such an asshole, I have to ask: what does whiteout do?" I asked with my arms crossed.

I heard Rich trying hard not to cringe, "It, uh," he laughed. "Makes 'em horny." He tried to say it with a straight face but he just ended up laughing midway through his sentence.

I looked at Rich with an unusual look of disgust. "What the fuck possessed you to have told Michael to spike my drink with that?!" I exclaimed. I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw Eric's face, which just so happened to be a very deep blue color.

Rich laughed again, "Come on! It's so obvious that you two would be a cute couple, I'm just trying to give you two a little nudge."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "A little nudge? Rich, I have a boyfriend! You're setting me up in hope that I'll cheat on Jake," I stated.

Rich shook his head. "No, if anything, I'm grooming a man for you to be with when Jake will inevitably cheat on you first," Rich explained.

"You want Eric to be my rebound?" I sarcastically asked. "Don't be a douche."

Rich laughed as we pulled into the school's parking lot. I jumped out of the car and noticed Jeremy's Squip looking at me from afar. I kept trying to ignore him, but he eventually just teleported over to me, Rich and our Squips.

"Hello, dear," Keanu said, tracing a circle on my cheek.

Rich's Squip audibly made a sound of disgust. "Get outta here. You've done nothing to help Y/n nor Rich, you're just ruining our progress, S-02496." Rich's Squip scoffed.

Eric crosses his arms. "And a Squip that goes against its code can get in a lot of trouble." He reminded.

Keanu scoffed and grabbed my hand. "I would go against all means of code just to have my host have a perfect life," Keanu looked deep into my eyes. "And I hope that you'll be apart of it~."

I backed away and swiped my hand away from Keanu. "The amount of rape-y vibes that are coming off of you is impeccable," I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Hey! Y/n! Rich!" A voice called. I turned to see who was calling for us. Michael! Oh my god, my savior! Michael was jogging towards the two of us and popped into our conversation, which helped us ignore Jeremy's Squip.

"Hey buddy," I pat his back.

Michael gave me finger guns and winked at me. "Are we cool again? Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Nah, it's fine."

"NO! IT WAS NOT FINE!" Eric yelled at Michael, although since he wasn't currently tangible, Michael couldn't hear him. "I DIDN'T APPRECIATE THAT EXPERIENCE AT ALL!" He scolded.

Michael, who was unaware of Eric's yelling, let out a long, thankful sigh. "Good, I was scared you weren't going to talk to me again."

I lazily swat my hand at Michael. "Of course not, you didn't know of the outcome, it wasn't your fault," I smiled at him and laughed, "It was all Rich's fault."

"WHAT?" Rich threw his hands in the air.

I pat Rich's back. "You know what you did," I smirked. "Okay, changing the subject here, what are you guys dressing up as for Jake's party?" I asked, "I'm going as the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland."

Rich smirked. "I'm going to be a masked killer! Although I'm still looking for a machete to use as a prop..." He announced.

I looked at Michael. "I'm not invited, remember?" He reminded.

I slowly nodded. "Right... We could still sneak you in though, it's not like Jake would really care to be completely honest," I informed.

Michael shrugged. "Thanks, but I don't really have much of a reason to go at the moment, so I'm alright."

Rich and I looked and each other and nodded in agreement. Rich took his phone out and checked the time. "7:20, where the hell is everyone else?" He asked, not expecting an answer.

"Everyone starts coming about like 7:30, you made us leave earlier today, so you being bored is your fault," I informed Rich.

Rich loudly and ignorantly groaned in annoyance.

~Time Skip~

——Michael Mell's POV——

I grabbed my lunch from my locker and walked outside near a tree behind the school. I saw Jeremy out here with Brooke about a week or two ago, that was also when he talked to me, confirmed my suspicions of him having a Squip, and he then continued to pretend that I don't exist.

I sat down on one of the hard roots of the tree that was poking out of the ground just enough to support a guy of my weight. I listened to the wind blow loudly as I bit into the sandwich my mother made me.

I would typically eat out here with Jeremy and Y/n, but they're all inside with their popular friends. Although I know Y/n would be okay with me joining them, I don't really like big groups and popular people too much. I'm just not keen on them.

I was just minding my own business, when suddenly, Jeremy walked outside and stood in front of me. I don't think he saw me though, I was a little off to the side of the pavement, you would really only see me if you were specifically looking for me that exact area.

Jeremy has a stern look on his face. "Here, we're outside and there's no one here, talk to me face to face," he sounded like it was a demand, although there was clearly some terror in his voice.

"Alright," a voice said, and a man who suspiciously looked like Keanu Reeves appeared. This is him, isn't it? The man has a tight and clean suit that you would only see in movies where the suits are perfect and compliment everything about the person wearing it. "I'm here, now speak."

Jeremy crossed his arms. "Why do you keep trying to push Michael away from me? He's a good friend, and that's the same with Y/n..."

Keanu scrunched up his face. "I'm alright with Y/n, but Michael? He will just drag you through his loser dirt. Intentional or not," Keanu claimed. "He's a loser. He's pathetic. I've already removed most of those terrible things from you, do you want to go back to being a miserable, unpopular, unwanted loser who stays in their basement playing video games, remaining a virgin for the rest of your sad little life?"

Jeremy sputtered, it was clear what he said to hit hard. Hell, it hit me hard and he didn't even say it to me, although, this man did just imply that that's what Jeremy will become if he continued to hang out with me. Which, really does hurt.

"N-no, I don't want to do th-that-" He jumped. "Ow!"

"Stop stuttering," Keanu demanded.

Jeremy glared at him. "No, I'll do what I want! All you can do is give me small jolts of pain."

The man stepped closer to Jeremy, the way he presented himself seemed terrifying. "Oh? Well, I beg to differ. I can slowly pick at your brain, crumbling it day by day until your mind finally breaks. I can't send signals through your nerves to make it feel like you're being stabbed every time you move." Keanu glared at Jeremy, and when he did, I could hear Jeremy whimper out in pain. Jeremy fell to his knees and clutched his head. "I'm a supercomputer inside your brain who had complete access to your nervous system. Don't test me. Know your place," He threatened.

Jeremy loudly gasped, trying to catch his breath. "De-acti-tivate!" He yelled out in a strangled voice. Keanu slowly glitched away.

So that was him.

A Squip's true nature.

They can bring so much harm to their hosts...

How badly is Eric actually harming Y/n?

~Time Skip~

——Y/n (Your) POV!——

"Strut!" Eric demanded.

I spun around in my Mad Hatter costume. Eric was sitting down and jokingly had a French beret on his head and a tape measurer wrapped around his neck like a scarf. The reason he did that is that he just wanted to make me laugh as I was messing with my outfit, so he pretended to be a fashion designer.

I laughed at his "stage directions". I grabbed the tape measurer that was around his neck and pulled on it for him to stand up next to me. I hugged him tightly. "I'm really glad you're here! I would have never gotten such lovely friends like Brooke and Chloe without you! I owe you!"

Eric visibly blushed. "Just helping my great hostess, it is my main function anyway," he chuckled as he pat my hair.

I was going to say something else, but I was abruptly cut off by the doorbell. I forgot whatever was going to come out of my mouth and just ran to the door. I threw the door open to see Brooke standing there in her sexy dog costume, and Chloe in her car blasting the song 'Sexy' from the Mean Girls musical.

"Babes! You look so good! Let's go!" I complimented as I closed the door behind me, I was going to greet Chloe, but the song was at a point where I couldn't not say it. "Hey, Chloe- I can cure sex cancer!"

Brooke, Eric, and Chloe all smirked at replied, "Sex cancer doesn't exist."

"I did it," I laughed and jumped in the car. "I love you all so much- but now! Party time!" I threw my arms in the air.

"WHOOOOOOO!" The other two of them yelled as we drove away.

~

A/n

Yay, that chapter was really long in my opinion!

~

Words count: 4726

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 850 38
Be More Chill, reader insert fanfic. You, the reader, are a new student and Middleborough High where you meet Jeremy Heere, a nerdy, kind of insecure...
8.4K 426 27
Summer vacation. It was the thing Rich was definitely not looking forward to yet he didn't want to be at school either. Ever since he got out of the...
245 13 3
Jeremy Heere and his classmates are on their senior class trip. The students are at a mall when he and his friend Michael Mell find a soda shop. Ther...
186K 7.5K 28
"That one? Really?" The squip asked, shocked. "Yes." You replied. "So you got me to get him? Of all the other hot people in the school, you pick the...