Don't Tell My Boss I Work As...

By Inmila

(Y/N) (L/N) is the secretary for the famous pro-duelist Aster Phoenix for two years. She isn't well-liked in... More

Chapter 1 {Secretary By Day and Maid By Night}
Chapter 2 {Serving Your Boss}
Chapter 4 {Getting Even With Your Boss}
Chapter 5 {Overworking Yourself}
Chapter 6 {Stalker}
Chapter 7 {Hangout with a Celebrity}
Chapter 8 {Reconnecting A Childhood Friend}
Chapter 9 {Confront Someone In Need}
Chapter 10 {Assist A Higher Up}
Chapter 11 {Destress Conversation}
Chapter 12 {Being Your Boss's Personal Tailor}
Chapter 13 {Discussing Outfits}
Chapter 14 {Attention Seeker}
Chapter 15 {Neighbors}
Chapter 16 {Dealing With Envy}
Chapter 17 {Rivalry For Love}
Chapter 18 {Find An Outfit to Impress}
Chapter 19 {Restraining A Complicated Relationship}
Chapter 20 {Meeting an Overprotective Father}

Chapter 3 {Keep this Secret Between Us}

310 11 8
By Inmila

A/N: Hey guys, this is chapter three. Enjoy! 🤗

(Y/N) was waiting for Aster to respond as his cold blue eyes stare at her. She was afraid her secret was revealed.

"Have you finished the paperwork from yesterday's meeting." Aster asked which she sighed in relief.

"Yes." (Y/N) respond.

"Give me a copy from yesterday's meeting." Aster said as (Y/N) nodded and opened the drawer from the desk.

She grabs the file that has the paperwork from yesterday's meeting and gave it to him. He grabbed the file and checked to make sure that everything was good. (Y/N) stayed silent as she avoided eye contact with her boss, hoping that he'll leave soon.

"It's decent enough." Aster commented on her work which irritated (Y/N).

'I literally type everything that was in the meeting you jerk!' (Y/N) thought to herself in frustration but still kept her poker face.

Aster looks back at her but (Y/N) still looking away from him. Believing that she isn't giving him the proper respect. He gave her the cold shoulder and left.

"Wow, he could have to say thank you." (Y/N) said with an attitude after her boss was out of her office.

She sat back down and continued working. She was glad that he still hasn't found out her secret. It's going to be difficult for her to have eye contact with her boss without feeling anxious.

As time passed, (Y/N) just came back from lunch. The minute she came back from her office, there were four big stacks of paperwork. Irritated by the fact that this paperwork does not belong to her.

"Geez did any of my coworkers finish their part. You think they would at least finished one stack." (Y/N) said as she had her arms crossed while four males coworkers from yesterday came in.

"Oh (Y/N) we're going to head out on lunch. We were hoping if you can finish all of these piles of paper." One of the coworkers said while they have smiles on their faces.

"Excuse me, if you think I'm doing your job then you're sadly mistaken." (Y/N) said as she gave a cold stare to the coworkers.

"You sure about?" He asked still have a shity grin on his face.

"I refuse..." Before (Y/N) could finish her sentence, Aster came by to see what's the commotion.

"Is something wrong?" Aster asked his coworkers as (Y/N) looked down and bit her lip.

"Mr. Phoenix, I just wanted came here to asked (Y/N) if she can finish the paperwork. Since we're going to our lunch." He said as Aster looked at (Y/N)'s desk that was filled with paperwork.

"(Y/N) I need the paperwork done by three o'clock." Aster ordered (Y/N) as he looked at her.

"Yes, Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said as Aster walked away.

The male coworkers smiled as heading out for lunch leaving (Y/N) with piles of paperwork on her desk. Mindy witnessed everything as crossed her arms while shaking her head. Angry, she came to the office to check up on (Y/N).

"Egh! The nerve of those guys. Why do you put up with this (Y/N)?" Mindy said as she walked towards (Y/N).

"Because I need the money and they know I getting the job done much faster than all of them combined." (Y/N) said as she sat back down.

"They push the responsibility on to you. Aster should at least cut you some slack since you're working your ass off while they are doing nothing and acting like idiots." Mindy said while (Y/N) went on her laptop.

"Yeah but I know he's doing this on purpose because he doesn't like me." (Y/N) said as she starts typing.

"*sigh* If only you use voice and say no. " Mindy said.

"I don't want to lose this job and I have no desire to associate with anyone here expect you. Mindy, you know me best and you're the only one who can help me here. You're not like them which one of the things why I like you as a best friend." (Y/N) said with a smile.

"Oh (Y/N), you too good to be here." Mindy said as she ran up to (Y/N) and hug her tightly.

"You're hugging me...too.....tight." (Y/N) said as her friend was squeezing her too hard.

"You don't deserve this treatment (Y/N). As soon as you're father gets better. You can quit this awful job so you can own your boutique shop." Mindy said as she hugs (Y/N) harder.

"Mindy.....I....can't... breath.." (Y/N) said which Mindy let her go.

"Oh sorry, I got carried away. Since I have nothing to do I'll help you with all this paperwork." Mindy said.

"Thanks, Mindy." (Y/N) said as Mindy grab her laptop and sat across from (Y/N).

Both females were working while having a conversation. The guys came back to see if (Y/N) was doing all of their paperwork. Unfortunately for them, they saw Mindy helping (Y/N) as well the black hair woman turned giving them a furious look. They were scared and went to their office. Even though it was a lot of paperwork, they managed to finish it before three and have time to organize it.

"That's the last of it thanks for your help, Mindy." (Y/N) said as they finished organize the paperwork into files.

"No problem, (Y/N). You should take your last break since you leave at four." Mindy said as (Y/N) nodded and went to her break.

For the next couple of days, (Y/N) keep her secret. It was difficult for her especially if the office coworkers even mentioned the word maid without feeling uncomfortable. Even though her boss doesn't know her secret, he has been coming to the cafe just to see (Y/N). She was annoyed and uncomfortable whenever she serves him. His eyes were glued to her as she serves the customers from the main dining area. The maids encouraged (Y/N) to talk to Aster but refused. Tuesday night came around, as usual Aster came in the cafe and sat down in the VIP room. Everyone from the kitchen watching as Aster was waiting for (Y/N). 

"Agr! He's been coming here for four days now and it's driving me crazy." (Y/N) said as her hand on her head.

"Yeah and Sunday he came here around noon and ask if you were here." Blair said to remember that happened on Sunday evening.

Flashback

Blair was in the kitchen waiting for her order until she hearing someone coming in the VIP room. Looking by the window door, she sees Aster waiting. Blair thought about how he always comes in just to see (Y/N). Blair came to look for Aunt Cinder. She was in the kitchen, washing the dishes. Blair walks towards Aunt Cinder to informed her that the pro duelist is here.

"Cinder." Blair said as Aunt Cinder was washing the dishes.

"Yes, Blair." Aunt Cinder said.

"Umm Aster is here but today's Sunday." Blair said as Aunt Cinder finished cleaning.

"It's (Y/N)'s day off. I'll take care of this." Aunt Cinder said and went out of the kitchen.

Aster waited outside until he saw an older woman coming towards him. He was a bit disappointed and hoping that (Y/N) would usually come to serve him.

"Hello, master." Aunt Cinder said as Aster looked around to find (Y/N).

"Hello, is the maid with (H/C) hair here?" Aster asked which Aunt Cinder frowned.

"Oh, your talking about my niece. I'm sorry to say but she isn't here. Sunday is usually her day off." Aunt Cinder said which made Aster disappointed.

"Oh, I see." Aster said which Aunt Cinder tried to cheer him up.

"She will come tomorrow, I'm sure of it. Just come in after 6 p.m. that when her shift starts." Aunt Cinder said with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, miss.." After Aster thank Cinder, she let her hand out.

"Cinder, I'm the owner of the cafe. You're interested in my niece." Aunt Cinder said as both handshakes.

"I made it obvious didn't I?" Aster said as he rubs the back of his head.

"Yes but I don't mind. If anything I'm happy and I'll help you." Aunt Cinder said with made Aster surprised.

End of the Flashback

"Ahh young love. It was so romantic for him coming into the cafe just to see you." Aunt Cinder said as (Y/N) sigh.

"More like toying with me. He thinks it's a game." (Y/N) said feeling frustrated.

"(Y/N), you said it yourself that he doesn't even recognize you. I think he has a crush on you." Jasmine said as she nudged (Y/N) which she rolled her eyes.

"Ha, hardly. He doesn't like me as his secretary." (Y/N) said.

"Maybe because you act differently in the company than here. Also, you don't put enough effort into your appearance at your morning shift." Blair said as the result of the coworkers nodded with agreement.

"If I remember correctly Mindy and Alexis told me you're very uptight, boring, serious, bossy and a lack of sense of humor like a dry sponge. I can see why not many of your coworkers like you." Atticus said which (Y/N) hit him on the head.

"You're such an idiot and I don't understand why are we related." (Y/N) said feeling irritated.

"Oww! See, what I mean. You probably act like this way as a secretary." Atticus said while rubbing his head.

"Keep talking or I might give you a headache." (Y/N) said as she raised her fist towards Atticus.

"Ok ok, I'll stop." Atticus said as he used his hand to protect himself.

"So you're not going to tell him?" Blair asked which made (Y/N) laugh.

"Ha, hell no. I'm going to keep this secret to my grave. Can you guys do me a favor and don't say my name in front of him." (Y/N) said as she crossed her arms.

"Ok, but what name should we give (Y/N)." Blair said

"Something that isn't too obvious and it needs to be different." (Y/N) said as everyone ponder.

"Since it's your idea (Y/N). You get to choose it." Aunt Cinder said as (Y/N) looking around and saw a bag of small bread that has the name Bella.

"Why not Bella?" (Y/N) said.

"Yes!" Jasmine said excitedly.

"Oh, Bella is a beautiful name." Aunt Cinder said which the others agreed.

"All in favor of calling (Y/N), Bella for now on?" Blair asked to the rest of the coworkers.

"I!" The other coworkers said in unison.

"What about the last name?" Jasmine asked.

"Rhodes for convenience." Atticus said with a grin on his face.

"(Y/N)?" Blair said.

"Sure, whatever." (Y/N) said as she rolled her eyes.

"Ok then, Bella Rhodes it is." Jasmine said as the others nodded with agreement.

"Just remember to smile and don't lose your temper ok?" Aunt Cinder said with a smile on her face.

(Y/N) nodded and left the kitchen. She kept her cool and a smile on her face. Aster looked to see (Y/N) and smiled. She stands by the table and greeted the man.

"What would I be serving my master for today?" (Y/N) asked while holding her tablet on her arm.

"I will have a blueberry cheesecake with black tea." Aster replied as (Y/N) use her pad to write the order.

"Your order will be ready soon." (Y/N) said as she about to leave but Aster had something to say.

"Before you go, I want to know what's your name." Aster asked as (Y/N) turned back and looked at him.

"My name?" (Y/N) asked as she was prepared to answer his question.

"Yeah, I have been seeing you often and I want to get to know you. If you don't mind." Aster explained.

"Bella Rhodes." (Y/N) replied.

"Beautiful name that suits a girl like you." Aster said as he smiled.

"Thank you for the compliment." (Y/N) said as she felt uncomfortable for her boss's compliment.

"You probably know who I am." Aster said as (Y/N) nodded.

"You must be Aster Phoenix. One of the best pro duelists in this generation. I have seen your duels and they are entertaining." (Y/N) said which made Aster chuckled and grinned.

"*chuckles* Yeah I am, you could say I'm the best duelist in the pro circuit." Aster said

'Great, I just boosted his ego.' (Y/N) though to herself feel annoyed but keep the conversation going.

"You have a lot of confidence for a celebrity." (Y/N) said which made Aster smirked.

"Yeah I do, you could say they're my best attributes." Aster said which (Y/N) feeling irritated by her boss's self-esteem.

"People can mistake your confidence for a big ego." (Y/N) said with sass which caught Aster off guard.

Aunt Cinder facepalm while the others were in shock to hear (Y/N) insulted her boss. (Y/N) was hoping that he would get the message and thinking that she wouldn't be his type. Aster looked down and stay silent which made (Y/N) worried about the insult she gave him.

'Did I went too far?' (Y/N) thought to herself but she heard the grey hair male laugh.

"*laughs* Wow, not many people would ever say that in front of me especially when it's a woman." Aster said as he looked at (Y/N).

"Really?" (Y/N) asked in confusion.

"Yeah, if anything you're the first woman who ever insulted me directly. I like a girl who's a bit feisty." Aster flirted with (Y/N) while having a smirk on his face.

'Ahh! I just made it worse for myself!' (Y/N) panicking herself but keep her cool.

"Oh, I thought that joke was too far." (Y/N) said as Aster shook his head.

"No, it wasn't. I like your sass it's funny and cute." Aster said which made (Y/N) flustered and a bit uncomfortable.

"Excuse me, I'll be back." (Y/N) said as she excuses herself to the kitchen.

(Y/N) went into the kitchen as she gave the order to Atticus. She grab a glass of water to help her relax. She waited for a couple of minutes for the order as she had the tea ready. After receiving the order, (Y/N) came back with the order on the tray.

"Here's your blueberry cheesecake with black tea." (Y/N) said as put the order on the table.

"So are old are you?" Aster asked he looked up at her.

"I'm twenty-three years old." (Y/N) replied which made the young man happy to hear.

"You're one year younger than me." Aster said as he smiled at her.

"You're twenty-four?" (Y/N) asked as Aster nodded.

"Yes, I am. I'm glad to know that we're around the same age." Aster replied as he drinks his tea.

They continue their conversation which lasted forty-five minutes. (Y/N) see a different side of her boss. Usually he's always strict and rude to her. Talking to him as Bella, he's so nice, flirty, and kinda funny. She didn't wanted to admit but she wishes she could see this more often at work. As Aster finished eating his cheesecake, he drank his last sip of the tea. He went on his phone to check up the time. He was getting ready to leave the cafe.

"I'll be on my way." Aster said he stood up from the booth.

"Alright then, I'll escort you to the exit." (Y/N) said as they walk together towards the exit door.

"I have a nice conversation with you." Aster said as he smiled at (Y/N).

"Yeah, thank you for coming. Hopefully, you come back later master." (Y/N) said.

"You don't have to call me that." Aster said as he rubbed his head.

"Ok, then Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said which Aster shook his head.

"No need to be so formal Bella. Just call me by my first name." Aster said which made (Y/N) blushed.

"Umm... ok Aster." (Y/N) said as she looked down and playing her hands.

'Cute' Aster pondering himself as he looked at (Y/N).

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." Aster said.

"Yeah, sure." (Y/N) said as she opened the door.

Aster glance at (Y/N) for one last time and walked away from the cafe. She went back to the kitchen as some of her coworkers were waiting for her.

"I see you two are getting along well." Jasmine said as she nudged at (Y/N).

"You were talking to him for a long time." Blair said as she agreed with Jasmine.

"I have to because he's a valuable customer." (Y/N) said to her friends.

"(Y/N) we saw how you smile at him. If anything you enjoy his company." Aunt Cinder said which (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"Next time, you should leave your shift so you and your boss can have a dinner date here." Atticus jokingly said which made (Y/N) punched him by the arm.

(Y/N) was irritated by the fact that all the coworkers believe that she was nice to her boss. She kept denying that she enjoyed having her conversation with Aster. The others disagree with (Y/N) as she was smiling while talking to him.

Time-Skip to Next Morning

(Y/N) was drinking her tea while typing on her computer. Until she gets a call from the phone on her desk. She picks it up answers it.

"Hello?" (Y/N) answer the call.

"Hi (Y/N), it's Jaden." He said which (Y/N) was happy to hear her friend.

"Hey Jay, how is it going." (Y/N) said as she leans against her chair.

"I'm great and you?" Jaden asked.

"I'm good. So, what brings you to call the company." (Y/N) asked.

"I was hoping if I can set up the meeting with Aster and others." Jaden said which (Y/N) when to her laptop.

"Oh sure, tell me what date you want the meeting?" (Y/N) asked as she checked the scheduled.

"I was hoping if around early April." Jaden answered as (Y/N) checked to see if April isn't busy.

"Ok, I have the seventh or twelfth available for you." (Y/N) said still on her laptop.

"The seventh is good for me." Jaden said.

"When do you want to start the meeting?" (Y/N) asked.

"At nine." Jaden responds as (Y/N) type it down.

"Ok, I'll have the scheduled ready. Just send me the email for the list if people who will be attending here." (Y/N) said.

"I will." Jaden said.

"I don't want to bother you but, shouldn't your manager or secretary should be the one to set up the meeting?" (Y/N) asked

"Well, my manager has a lot of work on his shoulder. As for the secretary, she off to work today again. I'm just taking her place." Jaden said as he rubs behind his head.

"Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that." (Y/N) said as she sympathized with him.

"Yeah, it's hard to catch up on the work since our secretary is mostly absent. But if we work hard enough we'll finish all the work." Jaden said being positive about it.

"Well, at least you're being positive about this." (Y/N) said happily.

"Hey (Y/N), I wanted to asked if something." Jaden asked.

"Sure asked." (Y/N) said as she drinks her tea.

"Did you tell Aster that you work as a maid at the cafe?" Jaden asked which (Y/N) spit out her tea.

"F**k no! Why would I tell him that?" (Y/N) yell as put her cup on the desk.

"Woah, easy there (Y/N)." Jaden said as (Y/N) relax.

"*sigh* Sorry Jaden. I didn't tell him because I'm afraid that he'll fire me. So, I'm keeping this a secret." (Y/N) explained her situation to Jaden.

"It's ok (Y/N) I understand." Jaden said.

"Since you know this. Please call me Bella Rhodes when I'm not nerdy and I'm around Aster." (Y/N) said to Jaden.

"Sure I do it for you since you're family to me." Jaden said happily.

"Thanks Jay." (Y/N) said with a smile.

"So has he been coming to the cafe often." Jaden asked which (Y/N) sighed.

"Yup, and it's getting annoying." (Y/N) replied as she was annoyed.

"*laughs* Can't you blame him. He really likes you." Jaden said (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"*sigh* He's really making it harder on me to keep it a secret." (Y/N) said as she drank her tea.

Meanwhile, at Aster's office, he was on the laptop as he reviewed this week's schedule. He was waiting for (Y/N) to come into his office and to give him the paperwork. Aster was annoyed by the fact that (Y/N) hasn't given the paperwork to him.

'Why the hell she hasn't given the paperwork yet. I know she's already finished it.' Aster thought to himself as he was inpatient for waiting (Y/N).

Aster was tired of waiting and stood up from his chair. He went out of his office and walked towards to his secretary's office. He opened the door to see (Y/N) talking on the phone.

'She's slacking off! The nerve of that woman!' Aster thinking to himself as he crossed his arms.

"(Y/N), why haven't you come to my office." Aster said as he gave her a cold stare.

(Y/N) looked up to see her boss very angry. Still having the phone on her hand as she can hear Jaden's voice to check if she's ok.

A/N: That is the end of chapter three. So what do you think about this chapter and comment down below. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day. Bye! 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 865 17
Yami recently broke things off with Tea after he realized that they were too different. Due to his deppression, his friends try cheering him up by in...
548 23 18
Forgotten A story of three orphans struggling to get adopted. One day our main character (y/n) happens to get adopted first before her fellow friend...
2.6K 35 28
Y/n is a Slifer red student with a passion for dueling, being the toughest person in the academy and standing up for others. But when a certain perso...
36.7K 416 34
(Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal Reader insert) (Y/N) is Yuma's childhood friend, who always supports him along with Tori and Bronk. They both had dreams to become th...