Sugar, Please - Yeonjun x Soo...

By 5TAYARMY

Yeonjun thinks he can get anything he sets his mind to, but one boy is challenging that belief. Warning: Suic... More

I (Rewritten)
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XVI
Q+A

XIII

4.2K 268 399
By 5TAYARMY

        Kai is exhausted.

He's not tired from his schoolwork or exercise. 

He's tired because of Beomgyu.

Ever since Beomgyu kicked Yeonjun out of their friend group, for a reason Kai is still confused about, it seems like the only person Beomgyu is talking to is him. After Beomgyu opened up to him on Thursday, Kai thought they had gotten closer and thought they could be good friends. 

Kai was wrong.

By the time Monday came, Beomgyu had acted like nothing had happened between the two. He is just as crude as before and without Yeonjun here, it's even worse. Instead of listening to the two former friends gossip an take an insult every now and then, Kai has to hear these insults the whole lunch period and whenever they see each other in the halls.

Just imagine being told how worthless you are for almost an hour everyday.

It does a lot to the brain.

Kai has tried playing nice, but he's sick of it. Kai wants nothing to do with Choi Beomgyu, but what can he do? He dumped his true friends for popularity because he let his anxiety get the best of him. Kai thought that if he was with the popular kids then people would like him and stop bullying him, but thanks to Beomgyu's plan, most kids fear him instead.

All of this is giving Kai a headache. 

The boy groaned as he covered himself with his comforter. Kai shut his eyes and tried to take a nap, hoping that it would make the headache go away, when suddenly his mom burst open his bedroom door, "It's time to-what are you doing in bed?"

Kai flipped down the blanket so his face was now revealed, "I don't want to go today."

"Come on, bud," she sat down on the foot of his bed, "We only get to do this once a week."

"That's a lot."

"Why don't you wanna go?" a frown appeared on her face, already making Kai feel like he was being selfish, "Did you and Taehyun get into a fight or something?"

"It's not that," Kai sat up, "I have a headache."

"Oh, we have plenty of medicine for that," she stood up, "I'll go get you some."

"It's okay I really just-" before Kai could finish his mom was already out of the room. Kai sighed as he waited for her to return. She came back a few minutes later with a white pill and a bottle of water.

 "Thanks," he muttered as he took the medicine from his mother.

"Of course. Now come on let's go," she pulled the remainder of the covers off of him, "Make sure you get dressed. I don't want you to be embarrassed in front of your friends for wearing your pajamas out."

"Mom, I really-"

"What's wrong now?" she furrowed her brows and concern was written on her face.

Kai narrowed his eyes, "Never mind."

"Great," she smiled, "I'll be waiting for you in the car."

Kai grudgingly pulled himself out of bed after his mother had left. He headed for his closet and grabbed a random hoodie. It was one of his favorites, his Ravenclaw hoodie. Kai recalled taking the housing quiz online and how disappointed he was when he had gotten Hufflepuff. Kai knew he was Ravenclaw and no dumb online test could tell him otherwise. Kai threw the hood over his kitten pajama shirt and found some random jeans to change into. 

"Let's get this over with."

-

Taehyun and Soobin were watching Youtube on the TV in Taehyun's living room. The boys chose random music videos and ranked all of their outfits. It was pretty entertaining. Taehyun's mother informed them that they were going to stay here and that she and Kai's mother would cook tonight. Which was strange because they always go out on Wednesday, but Taehyun didn't mind. Given any chance to just sit around and do nothing, he'll take it. The doorbell rang and Taehyun's good mood slowly started to drift away.

Taehyun's mother ran to open the door and greeted a hug to her best friend. The two women didn't waste any time and headed to the kitchen, as they continued to talk about who knows what.

Soobin, Taehyun, and Kai were left alone and Soobin could sense the tension was way worse than it usually is.

"Hey Kai," Soobin greeted, knowing the rules about them pretending to be friends and wanting to break the awkwardness. Kai didn't respond as he took a seat on the opposite end of the couch. "Are we not talking now?"

"I told him last week that if he's not going to be my friend at school, then don't bother pretending to be my friend outside of school," Taehyun explained after pausing the television.

"Oh," Soobin pouted his lips, "What about your parents?"

"We'll fake it in front of them, but as long as they're not around," Taehyun flickered his eyes between the kitchen entrance and Kai, "There's no point."

"That makes sense," Soobin nodded, "but it still makes me feel a bit sad."

"Sad?" Taehyun cocked an eyebrow, "What do you want to be his friend again?"

"We've all been friends for years, and you two even longer," Soobin glanced over at Kai, who had his back facing them, "It's just sad. But to answer your question, no. Kai was a bad friend."

"Bad?" Taehyun rolled his eyes, "Kai was great, but he' turned out to be a worthless friend.."

"Worthless?" Kai growled at hearing that word again.

Taehyun was shocked to hear Kai, "Got something to say Kai?"

"Don't call me that," Kai stated.

"Worthless? I bet that doesn't even compare to the names you and Beomgyu calls us," Taehyun crossed his arms as he glared at the younger.

Kai looked over his shoulder to make eye contact with Taehyun, "You wouldn't believe how many times I stood up for you guys whenever Beomgyu had something to say."

"You're right," Taehyun shook his head, "I don't believe you."

"And I don't blame you," Kai turned back around, "I get it. I'm terrible."

"You admit it?" Soobin tilted his head, "Is this some kind of reverse psychology trick so we'll feel bad for you."

"Can we not fight? My head hurts."

"Your head hurts?" Taehyun whisper yelled, not wanting to their parents to hear, "How much did you think my neck hurt when you poured that chocolate on me?"

"Probably a lot," Kai shrugged, "And once again Beomgyu practically had me wrapped around his finger. Also, once again, I'm very sorry, but I know that means nothing to you."

"You're right once again."

Kai huffed as he pulled his hood over his head.

Soobin wanted to ask the boy a question, but wasn't sure if this was the right time. He nudged Taehyun and whispered the question, asking for his opinion and Taehyun nodded.

"Hey Kai," Soobin spoke up.

"What?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did," Kai grinned at his joke.

Soobin scowled, "No, I'm being serious."

Kai turned around to face the two boys once again, "What is it?"

"Why aren't Beomgyu and Yeonjun friends anymore?" Soobin asked.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck, he wasn't sure why that question made him feel nervous, "I, err, it isn't really my business to spread."

"Please Kai," Soobin begged, "It's really important."

Kai wondered why Soobin wanted to know so bad. Yeonjun failed at seducing Soobin and as far as he was aware of they weren't even friends. Kai guessed it was just out of sheer curiosity, "I guess I can tell you guys."

"Yes," Taehyun's eyes lit up with curiosity and the two boys were starting to scare Kai.

"Yeonjun was really hard on himself after you rejected him. He said his charms were wearing off  and he gave up trying to get with you," Kai explained, "Beomgyu saw this as 'weak' and long story short, told him that he doesn't want anything to do with him anymore."

"Beomgyu is such a jerk!" Taehyun hissed.

"Why was Yeonjun so upset?" Soobin tilted his head.

Kai leaned against the arm of the couch, "Last time I talked to him he was still pretty upset over Chan dumping him. My guess is that he was just upset because you were supposed to help him move on."

Soobin couldn't help but smile thinking about the necklace situation him and Yeonjun had.

"So, Yeonjun was just using him to get over Chan?" Taehyun questioned.

"Using me?" Soobin furrowed his brows. He didn't like the wording Taehyun used.

"Yeah, basically. I'm really happy you were smarter than him and kept saying no Soobin," Kai looked at the older, "It was all Beomgyu's idea. Yeonjun was supposed to date you and break your heart so he would feel better about himself. How pathetic can someone be?"

Soobin felt his whole body freeze, "He what?"

Taehyun covered his mouth, not because he was surprised, but because he was hiding his smirk. He wanted to go on about how right he was, but right now helping Soobin was his first priority.

"Yeah," Kai let out a long sigh, "You really can't trust those guys."

"Y-you're lying!" Soobin spat at Kai.

Kai flinched at Soobin's sudden outburst, "I'm not lying! What's wrong with you Soobin?"

"Kai," Taehyun wrapped his arms around Soobin in attempt to comfort him, "Soobin and Yeonjun are dating."

Kai didn't know how to respond and was just left with his mouth wide open. "Soobin," he started as he scooted closer to the older, "I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I wouldn't have told you if I knew."

"N-no. I'm happy y-you told me," Soobin tried his best to fight against the tears that were forming in his eyes, "I-I told him that I wanted m-my first relationship to be s-special."

"You won't get that with a playboy," Taehyun squinted his eyes, "I learned that the hard way."

"Thank you Kai," Soobin grabbed one of Kai's arms, "R-really."

"You shouldn't thank me," Kai frowned, feeling sorry for his friend that was on the verge of tears.

Soobin away his tears with his other hand, "You should start sitting with us at lunch again."

"Hey now," Taehyun interjected, "Let's not get out of hand here."

Kai softly smiled at them, "I would, but I can't leave Beomgyu by himself. I can't stand the guy, but no one deserves to feel like they're alone."

"Thank God," Taehyun let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "First Yeonjun and now Kai? If I didn't know any better I would think that you were trying to kill me!"

"Don't worry. Yeonjun won't be sitting with us for much longer."

-

A few hours passed and Soobin was sitting alone at his desk. He tried to distract himself by watching videos about different countries, but his mind kept wandering back to Yeonjun. Of all people why did the older have to chose him? His phone dinged for the fourth time since he's been home causing him to snap out of his thoughts. He finally decided to check it and of course it was no other than Yeonjun texting him. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Soobin didn't want to deal with this tonight, but then he thought about what would happen if he didn't. Would he forget about it? Would he continue to act like nothing happened? He didn't want to be blinded from reality, just as Taehyun said. Groaning he opened up his phone and read the messages.

10:05 Yeonjun: hey how did tonight go?

10:48 Yeonjun: i know you get tired easily but youre never asleep this early 

11:00 Yeonjun: are you mad at me for something

11:14 Yeonjun: youre scaring me sugar... please tell me whats wrong

Soobin groaned as he reread the texts. Why does he act like he cares? Soobin knew if he didn't respond soon Yeonjun would keep this up. He just wanted to scream at him, but he had to control himself.

11:17 Soobin:  Don't call me that.

11:18 Yeonjun: whats going on soobin

11:18 Soobin:  Don't play dumb either.

11:18 Yeonjun: ???

11:20 Soobin: I know the real reason you wanted to date me.

11:20 Yeonjun: soobin

11:20 Yeonjun: i told you i wanted to date you because i like you

11:21 Soobin: So do you purposely break the hearts of everyone you like?

11:25 Soobin: Well????

11:26 Soobin: Forget it. 

11:26 Soobin: I don't need to hear your reason because I'm going to break up with you either way.

11:28 Yeonjun: please soobin

11:28 Yeonjun: can we talk about this

11:29 Soobin: There's nothing else to talk about. You used me Yeonjun!

11:30 Yeonjun: at first yes

11:30 Yeonjun: but i swear i dont feel the same way i did

11:31 Soobin: It's been a week. I'm not stupid. Your feelings won't change that fast.

11:31 Yeonjun: yes they can and they did

11:31 Soobin: No they can't and no they didn't!

11:32 Yeonjun: thats it

11:32 Yeonjun: im coming over so we can talk about this

11:32 Soobin: NO YOU ARE NOT!

11:34 Soobin: Yeonjun!

11:38 Soobin: Seriously don't come!

11:45 Soobin: Answer me!

-

Yeonjun stood outside of the now familiar house with a bouquet of anemones in his hand. They were Soobin's favorite flower. As he walked closer to the door he felt his nerves rise and he tightened his grip on the flowers. Once he reached the door he took a few deep breaths and knocked. 

Yeonjun kept his gaze to the ground because he couldn't bare to look at Soobin and once the door opened he let it all out, "Soobin please you have to listen to me. It was all Beomgyu's idea. Sorry I know I shouldn't be blaming other people for my actions. God that's so stupid of me. It's my fault and I'm really sorry. I was in a low place and I never experienced this kind of emotion before until I met Chan so it was a hard blow from there. I shouldn't be talking about Chan. I'm sorry. Oh my God I'm so stupid. I hate myself sometimes. Listen I know you think feelings can't change that fast but I swear to you they really have. You're so amazing. It's only been a week but these-"

"Excuse me."

Yeonjun slowly looked up to see an older man standing in the doorway, who looked a bit annoyed. He felt his heart drop. Yeonjun forgot that Soobin's dad came back.

"Who are you and what are you doing here at this hour?"

'''''

Hello!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Feel free to leave your thoughts, opinions, theories, and everything else in between down below in the comments! I love hearing your feedback!

And as always, thank you so much for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 11.1K 21
A rumor about Beomgyu's sexuality spreads around school after a suspicious photo is put online. Taehyun is hoping that it is more than just a rumor...
43.5K 2.4K 25
Yeonjun and Soobin meet again in middle school and survive through high school. The boys are casually being playful and touchy with each other until...
174K 9.1K 52
[COMPLETED] Yeonjun, a model student who has dreams of becoming a doctor someday, is forced to tutor Soobin, who is the school's arrogant jock. Yeonj...
87.9K 4.7K 46
[COMPLETE]: Soobin, a normal college boy who still has a childish mind, a boy who likes fantasies and magics due to his friend Taehyun. But Soobin ne...