Twin Eyes: Fortunes Untold(CO...

By LoneCreatoriP

Born with strange abilities, two siblings embark on a dangerous and emotional path. Meeting new people, findi... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 2: The Bully Cycle
Chapter 3: I Spy
Chapter 4: Secrets Blown
Chapter 5: Date Night
Chapter 6: Graduation
Poems For You
Chapter 7: Endangered Pregnancy
Chapter 8: London Life
Chapter 9: School Days Are Here Again
Chapter 10: Long Nights? ...I Don't Think So.
Chapter 11: More Money, More Problems
Chapter 12: Family Never Dies
Chapter 13: Birthday Gifts
Chapter 14: Expecting The Unexpected
Chapter 15: Survive!
Chapter 16: New Beginnings

CHAPTER 1:The Year Begins

30 2 3
By LoneCreatoriP

    There I was, the last year that I would ever come to this is place. Standing there at the entrance of the high school. It's like the last three years passed by in three days.

    "Hey, you okay?" I heard someone behind me say and I turned to find myself face to face with my twin brother.

    "Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't believe that it's already senior year." I said, putting my arm around his waist as we walked into the school.

    "Yeah, me too. Are you still keeping your name a secret, or are you actually going to tell people?" he asked as I opened my locker to put some stuff inside. I looked ar him and folded my arms.

    "Really? I'm not telling anybody my name until they figure it out or it's graduation day." I replied with a bit of sass behind my words.

    "Yeah, yeah. I know. Young Miss Fortune stays for a little while longer." he says sarcastically. If you're wondering, Miss Fortune is my nickname because I give people fortunes for cash.

    Oh, sorry. I guess I should explain myself. My name is Katt, but don't tell anybody that. I like to keep my personal life private. HA! Who am I kidding. There is no privacy when you have a twin brother. Especially a brother who can hear your thoughts and feel what you feel. His name is Kitt. Yes, I know. My parents didn't think about the names until after they named us.

    Again, sorry. I really need to practice telling people about our special powers. First of all, my brother and I are the first ones in our family to be born with powers.

    We think the reason we can hear each other's thoughts and feel what the other feels, involving emotion and physical pain, is because we're twins. It hurts every time my no good brother gets into fights, but I have learned how to block the pain. He hasn't. Which doesn't bother him. He's the one getting into fights, not me.

    Would you like to know what we look like? Okay. I have dark brown hair and purple eyes. Same for Kitt. We have no idea what our normal eye color would've been. Our dad ha blue eyes and our mom has blue, so we don't know. We guess it'd be brown, because brown is more dominant than blue.

    Anyway, my brother also has the ability to see an individual's memories. He can only use it when he's touching them. It's the same for me, except I can see the future. We've learned how to control our powers enough so that  we don't have a vision every time we touch someone, only when we want to.

    Okay, now here's the cool part, we both have one other power. We can move objects with our minds. This particular power is hard to hide. We have great control over it, but when we use it, it's a bit obvious. There is what looks like purple energy  that emits from our bodies and surrounds the object we want to move. It moves it the way we want it to go. This power can also be used to deflect objects that are moving towards you. We believe that this power is the reason why we were born with purple eyes, which look awesome by the way. So, now that you know a bit more about us, I'll continue the story.

    "Oh please, you were all for keeping our names a secret. Just because you gave it up, doesn't mean I have to. Come on, I promise that I'll tell the entire school on graduation day. Okay?" I said as I looked into his eyes, reflecting mine.

    He sighed and nodded. I smiled and hugged him in thanks. As I pulled away, i saw a couple other seniors picking on a girl I didn't recognize. She had dark brown hair, blue eyes, and she seemed to try to not show any fear towards them. I let go of Kitt and walked up behind them.

    "I would leave if I were you." I said with my arms folded. I used my mysterious fortune teller voice. As soon as they realized it was me, they ran off without a second glance, as usual. The girl looked at me, not knowing whether to be afraid or not.

    "Are you okay?" I asked in my normal voice. She smiled and nodded.

    "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." she replied, holding out her hand.

    "You're welcome. If anybody tries messing with you again, just say your close friends with Miss fortune." I politely shook her hand as Kitt came walking up beside me.

    "Um, okay. My name is Layla, but everybody just calls me Lil for short." she said. I was trying hard to pay attention to her, but Kitt's thoughts were too loud. Something about how beautiful Layla was.

    "Yeah, it's nice to meet you. I'd tell you my name, but I don't want anybody to know my name. Don't ask me why. This I'd my brother, Kitt." She held her hand out to him.

    "Nice to meet you both.Well, I should go. Thank you again for helping me." She slowly walked away. I turned to my brother, and he was still looking at her.

    "You like her, don't you?" I asked him through our mind link. He then turned to me and blushed.

    "What? No! She's a sophomore, and I don't care about girls. You know that!" He replied loudly. I just smiled and walked to our first class. He ran to catch up to me.

    We walked in just as the bell rang. I sat down in my usual spot in the back left, and Kitt sat in his usual spot in the front right. A few minutes later, everyone was sitting down and the teacher was about to start the lesson. But before he could start, the classroom door swung open and a guy in a leather jacket and jeans walked in. He handed the teacher a note, and looked around the room. There were only two seats left. One by Kitt, and one right next to me.

    I rolled my eyes when I saw that he was coming to sit by me. I tried to not make eye contact, I just looked at my brother. He was smiling at me.

    "Ha!"

    "Oh, shut up. I could always tell that girl that you think she's beautiful. " I replied as the new guy sat down. His presence was making me want to punch somebody in the face. Kitt just rolled his eyes at me and turned back to the front of the class.

    A few classes later, it was now lunch time. Since it was the new school year, I decided to give the first five people that came to me for a fortune a free reading. It didn't take long for people to line up.

    The first five people came and went, and I went back to charging people ten dollars for near future readings, and fifteen dollars for a bit further into the future. I also charge twenty dollars if people want to see as far as a year or more into the future. I've been saving up the money so my brother and I could go to college. By the end of the year, we should have enough for about two years in college. Then we could pay for the last few years while I read people there.

    When I finished reading people - which was a lot - i went and sat down by Kitt.

    "So, anything good today?" he asked, handing me a donut and coffee.

    "Yeah, actually. That last girl wanted to know if she were to ask a guy out, would he say yes. I couldn't see who it was, but they said no. Sad." We sat there and talked about everyone's fortunes.

    A few more hours later and school was over for the day. My brother and I were out front, giving more readings. I made over a grand today. We just finished up when I saw Lil walking to a black car, I couldn't see who was driving.

    "Hey, Lil!" I said as I walked over, she smiled brightly when she saw it was me.

    "Hey, Miss Fortune!" she said, giving me a hug. She was a bit too chirpy for me. But the second that she touched me, I got a vision. Her and my brother were holding hands, sitting on the couch in our house. I quickly stopped looking before I could see anymore. It never was good for me to see the fortunes of those close to me.

    "Hey, how was your first day? I assume you moved here. Not many people live out here." I said to try to ease into conversation.

    "It was great, and yeah, I moved here. My family just needed to get away from... everyone." she said, leaning up against the car.

    "Yeah, I get it." I replied, looking back at Kitt, who was waiting patiently by our car. "Okay, I need to tell you something. Do not tell my brother I told you this." I whispered, and I leaned in towards her.

    "Okay." she whispered hesitantly.

    "Well, I just wanted to let you know that my brother kind or likes you, but he's in denial." I explained as quietly as I could.

    "...Oh. Um, okay.  T-thanks for telling me." She got as red as a tomato.

    "Okay. Well, I've got to go. See you tomorrow." I said as I walked away. I quickly ran back over to Kitt and I got into the passenger seat before he could say anything. He got into the driver's seat and stared at me. I just stared out the window, avoiding his gaze.

    "What did you talk to her about?" he asked, and of course I hesitated.

    "I just talked about what happened this morning, that's all." I said, but he clearly didn't believe me.

    "Fine, don't tell me. I'll just ask her tomorrow then." he said as he started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

    "Whatever." I replied. The car ride home was silent. We gave silent glares at each other the whole time.

    When we got home, I went straight to the training room to practice. Kitt went to his room to do his homework. Our parents weren't home. Our mom was out of town for business and my dad was at work.

    Our mom owned a line of clothing shops. My dad manages one of her stores in town. He wouldn't get home until around eight o'clock, so we had the house to ourselves most days. I trained for about an hour straight, but I just couldn't focus. Kitt's thoughts were too loud. I really need to learn to block his thoughts too.

    I went outside to read in my favorite tree. When I was about to open my book, I heard voices and car doors slamming for the neighboring house. I closed my book and went up the tree a little higher to see who it was. That house had been empty since before I could remember. When I got high enough, I could see a black car sitting in the driveway.

    It was Lil! She moved in right next to us! She was the closest thing to a friend I've ever had. I know, that's sad, but its it's true. No one ever really liked us much. We were too strange for people to handle. I knew Kitt was either going to be excited about this, or nervous about it. I don't think I should tell him about the vision. It could ruin everything.

    I quickly grabbed my book, climbed down the tree and went inside to find Kitt. I didn't find him until I saw him sitting on the front porch. I sat down next to him and he was looking over at Lil's house.

    "So? Are you going to tell her you like her?" I asked, laying my head on his shoulder.

    "No need. She'll figure it out sooner or later." he replied, standing up and heading inside. I just picked up my book and went up the tree in the front yard to read. I was halfway through the first page when someone called up to me.

    "So, you live here?" I looked down. I found the guy from earlier, with the leather jacket, looking up at me.

    "Yeah." I said as I closed my book again.

    "Cool. I just wanted to thank you for helping my sister this morning." he said, walking onto our lawn. I got up and jumped down, and it was a pretty high jump. The part of the tree I was in was maybe sixteen feet up.

    "No problem." I silently leaned up against the tree. I never noticed before, but his eyes were such a bright blue, you'd think that they were white. "So, I didn't know she had a brother." I said as I noticed he was staring at me, which I felt made me blush.

    "Uh, yeah. We never got along much." he replied as he looked back at his house. "Um, she tells me that you call yourself "Miss Fortune". Is there a reason for that?" he asked, and I smirked at him.

     "Oh, I'm supposed to give you information about myself when I don't even know your name?" I said sarcastically, folding my arms. He smiled and held out his hand to me.

    "My name is Alec. Guess I should be more considerate. Huh?" he said as I shook his hand.

    "Well, I expected you to be a bit more of a jerk. But, I guess you can't judge a book by its cover." I said with a smile, but he just frowned at me.

    "No, you should stick with me being a jerk. I'm only being nice to you because you helped my sister. Don't expect me to be nice to anybody else." he said firmly. He then turned and walked away. I didn't understand the sudden mood change. I wanted to keep talking with him to figure it out, but I just decided to head inside. It was getting dark anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54 0 33
Title: "We Are Fighters In the thrilling sequel to "We Are Beings," the resilient group of young Beings-Eleanor, Oliver, Zoe, and Frank-faces a ."wor...
322 62 45
A male teenager with a cryptic history of birth engaged in a perilous adventure with his friends. On their journey, they met a mysterious girl that...
488 18 30
Nobody expects something supernatural to happen to them. Those kind of things only happened in comics. Fairy Tales. Unrealistic dreams that you'd fal...
376 7 15
A close group of friends is forced to participate in a strange game. With each member of the group being captured one after another, will they be abl...