Konoha High's Bad Boy {A Naru...

By TaigaClaw

Hinata Hyuga, a shy, nerd, athletic junior in high school who likes to keep everything on the down low. Her f... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Bad Boy Is My New Partner
Chapter 2: Naruto Is My Cure
Chapter 3: Naruto is Our New Friend
Chapter 4: Naruto, I Like You
Chapter 5: Naruto is Sad
Chapter 7: Naruto and I Have a Fight
Chapter 8: Sasuke The Nervous Wreck
Chapter 9: Naruto Needs Me Back
Chapter 10: Naruto, the Confused Idiot
Chapter 11: Naruto Needs Time
Chapter 12: Naruto's Blank Face
Chapter 13: Naruto's a Protective Idiot
Chapter 14: Naruto's Many Stances
Chapter 15: Naruto's Final Realization
Chapter 16: Naruto's Hidden Talents
Chapter 17: Naruto the Fighter
Chapter 18: Naruto Is So Much Hotter Than Ian Somerhalder
Chapter 19: Naruto's Cell Phone
Chapter 20: Naruto Doesn't Trust Me Enough
Chapter 21: Naruto's Darkest Secret Revealed
Chapter 22: Hinata, I Was Foolish
Chapter 23: Naruto, The Ninja
Chapter 24: Bad News
Final Chapter: I Love You, Naruto Uzumaki
Konoha Bad Boy CEO Summary
SEQUEL OUT NOW!!!

Chapter 6: Sasuke Has Moved On

24.7K 850 1.7K
By TaigaClaw

Sakura's POV

I could only blink. This is a dream! I know it's a dream! Because there is no way in hell Sasuke, the school's prince, my childhood crush, the one I fantasize about having a future with would ask me out!

"R-repeat that please?" smooth Sakura, you sound like Hinata when Naruto isn't around.

Sasuke, who stood in front of me with his hands behind his back shifted on his weight. He looked so cute uncomfortable... no, I'm asleep! Wake up, Sakura! Wake up!

"Will you go out with me?" he repeated, his eyes never leaving mines.

I gaped. No, this isn't some kind of dream! Sasuke Uchida is actually asking me out! If he weren't asking me in person, Ino and Shikamaru would be experiancing the weirdest chicken dance ever.

The said people were looking over my shoulder, the same exact wild look on their face matching mines as Sasuke asked his question. Somebody pinch me now!

I felt a nudge from my right side (Ino's side), telling me to respond. My throat felt so dry, breathing became as painful.

"Sure, I'll go out with you," I answered as cooly as I can. Too bad me being cool around Sasuke equals me being cool around Josh Hutcherson or Taylor Lantner. Trust me, more chicken dancing will happen.

He gave me a grin, "Cool. See you this tomorrow at five for dinner?"

I nodded rapidly. Smooth Sakura, smooth.

Once he was gone, I closed the door behind me and sighed. I cannot believe that actually happened. I'm going on a date with Sasuke. Did the biology unit final do this to my head? Was it so bad that I'm hallucinating.

"Forehead, you're not hallucinating," Ino rolled her eyes. "Uchida actually asked you out."

I slowly shook my head, "There's no way. I've been friends with that guy forever and this is the first time he ever mentioned being romantically interested in me whereas, I have be head over heels for him since sixth grade."

"Then what are you going to do about Naruto?" Shikamaru leaned against our bunk beds. "Didn't the poor guy ask you out, too and you turned him down? What's he gonna say if he ever found out you're going on a date with Sasuke and rejected him?"

I waved him off with a flick of my hand, "I made it clear to Naruto before Hinata and Kiba burst into math today. I like Sasuke. Naruto, sure he's cute and a good friend to me but he's nothing compared to Sasuke."

I stopped myself. Hold on a second...

"Oh my god guys I'm going on a date with Sasuke!" I squealed happily.

Ino eyed me, clearly thinking of mental institutions to place me in, "It's only a date. Knowing Sasuke, he might just be like, testing this whole dating thing out. He was this straightforward with me when he asked me out and guess how long we lasted. Two weeks."

"Who says our relationship would end like yours," I smirked.

My frienemy pointed a finger at me, "Watch it."

There was a knock on the door. Suddenly worried Sasuke might have returned to realize the mistake of asking me out, I glanced at Shikamaru. The guy caught my eye and rolled his.

"Girls are so paranoid," he groaned and pushed me out of the way as he turned the doorknob.

"Oh! Nara, what are you doing here?" that voice, ain't no way in hell it's Sasuke's sweet, deep, and sexy one.

"Karin," Ino and I growled at the same time.

Karin went through school with us as well. Except instead of being cool with all of us, she's the b*tch that makes sure our lives were a living hell. It's gotten worst since she figured out I also like Sasuke along with her. Somehow, she's convinced she'll get him instead of me.

Heh, in your dreams asshole.

"Uh, I'm just leaving," explained Shikamaru, throwing me a "good luck" look then escaping.

Thanks for the help, dear friend.

Almost immediately, the red-headed girl's red eyes suddenly turned scary. Well, not scary, just a little b*tchier than usual. Two other girls, one blonde the other brunette were both looking at me, disgusted.

"What's this? No greeting, Haruno?" she smirked, her two minions made a 'hmph' sound.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you practice that or what?"

"We don't need to practice," the blonde, Amaya, blurted. "We're just naturally good at things."

Ino chuckled, "But mainly you're naturally good at being stupid."

Karin looked passed me to Ino, "Why don't you slip into something more comfortable... say a coma? Please, save some sas for the rest of us."

"Normally, I would've punch you straight in that... nature failed face," Ino sneered. "But it's "Be Kind to Animals Week" so I'll back off."

I chuckled at that. Arguments between Karin and Ino are as interesting as watching the characters of Mean Girls fight.

The enemy didn't back down without a fight, "Your face makes onions cry."

"You're not funny," Ino crossed her arms. "But your life, now that's a joke."

"Shock me, say something intelligent."

"You're proof evolution CAN go in reverse."

Karin made an annoyed sound, "Are you always an idiot or when I'm only around?"

"What do you want?" I butt in. "Your face is ruining the whole atmosphere so just say what you have to say and be gone with it. I have no idea how your parents don't faint everytime they open the front door to your face."

The she-devil rolled her eyes, "It's just the date with Sasuke is a joke."

"You were evasdropping?" Ino asked in disbelief. "Just how desperate are you, Karin?"

Karin glared at her before turning the worst smile ever to me, "Sasuke never wants to be with you. The only reason he asked you and your smart mouth out is because that quiet b*tch Hinata-"

Ino and I snapped at the same time, "Don't you dare call Hinata a b*tch!"

"Whatever," she waved it off. "Anyway, it's because that Hyuga girl rejected him so he's using you as a rebound to make her jealous."

She's lying.

"You're lying," I replied.

"Am I really?" she smirked, seeing my walls coming down slowly. "Are you really that blind? Why do you think no girl ever gives him love letters or confess to him? It's because they know he likes that girl. He never had eyes for anybody else and since you're a close friend to him, he doesn't want to hurt you so he's going this date with you just make it clear that he'd rather be with Hyuga."

I pushed pass her, tears blurring my vision. I cursed at myself for being so affected by Karin's words, knowing they're probably false.

But who ever said the truth doesn't hurt?

It's not true! Sasuke would never do that! He would never! If he really didn't think of me that way, he would have just let me know instead of leading me on only to crash everything down.

Ignoring Ino's continous calling of my name and Karin's successful look, I left the dorms and entered the cool autumn afternoon without a word.

~~~~~~

Hinata's POV

"You do realize the girls' dormintory is only across the student right, Naruto-kun?" I asked.

My friend just gave me a sad smile, and rested his hands behind his head "I just need to walk to clear my head."

"Oh."

He glanced at me and chuckled, "Who knew I'd fall in love and get my heart crushed in one day? That's why I hate dating."

Realizing what he meant, I looked at my feet. Kiba was the only one that encouraged Sasuke to ask Sakura out. When he returned saying she accepted, Naruto just offered to walk me back to my dorm. I quietly accepted as Kiba and Sasuke started discussing date ideas.

We were in the student lounge when my phone vibrated. Pulling it out, I blinked as I saw a text from Ino:

is sakura with u? - Ino

no. y wat happened? - Me

...the red headed b*tch happened - Ino

karin? wat she say? - Me

that doesnt matter, wat matters is noing where the hell sakura ran off 2 shes been gone for more than 10 mins n she was upset 2 begin with - Ino

Panic surged through my veins. Why can't Karin just leave us alone?

who r u with? sasuke? - Ino

no naruto-kun - Me

o great! where r u? - Ino

lounge - Me

could u check outside just in case? ill let sasuke know and well take the inside - Ino

of course! - Me

u r awesome, hina! c u in a bit! - Ino

"Naruto-kun," I turned to him, raising my voice.

He lowered his hands in surprised, "What's wrong?"

"Sakura-Chan is missing! We have to find her."

I didn't wait for him to answer. Instead I started weaving around the students mingling in the lounge and headed straight towards the front doors of the Student Hall.

"Wait, why is she missing?" Naruto caught up outside when I came to a stop. Realizing my Konoha High sweater wasn't enough, I began shivering.

"Ino said Karin showed up and the two got in another argument," I replied. "Apparently this one went a little too far and was too much for Sakura-chan handle so she ran off. We need to find her."

Naruto let out a puff of frozen air, "Alright then, where do we start? Campus is huge!"

"You check towards the main school buildings," I ordered. "I'll check all her usual places; text me if you find her and visa versa."

Naruto nodded, "Cool."

I was about to take off when my search partner grasped my shoulder with a, "Wait, Hinata."

Turning, I eyed my crush curiously trying not to focus on his warm hand on my shoulder, "What is it?"

"You're shaking like a pup in that sweater," he gave me smile that made me forget completely about my cold feelings.

Without warning, Naruto unzipped his Denver Broncos warmer and took it off. My heart pounded as loud as a bass drum as he drapped it over my shoulders.

"You'll b-be cold," I replied.

He shook his head, "I ski and snowboard in Colorado like every winter when I was living in America in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans sometimes. This is nothing to me."

"You sure?"

"Positive," he winked at me and my chest just flipped like a excited seal pup. "Now, let's find Sakura."

Even if we are bonding over finding someone my crush likes, to me, it's a lot better than nothing.

~~~~~

Sasuke's POV

Crap, crap, crap!

Why did I ever ask her out? If I didn't, then she wouldn't be missing like this! And it's like 30 degrees out! According to Ino, she ran out in shorts and a t-shirt!

So leaving Kiba and Ino to search inside, I busied myself outside. I called her name, I searched every nook and cranny of the Student Hall Activity Field where carnivals were held but not a single sign of her. Frustrated, I started walking back towards the front enterance.

"Sakura-chan!" that beautiful soft voice.

I searched for the source. Hinata was breathing heavily (I could see her smoky breath) as she walked through the front courtyard. Her long raven hair billowing behind her as she pulled her hands up, covering her mouth, and calling Sakura's name.

She's perfect...except she's wearing Naruto's warmer.

Something about that warmer on her body pissed me off. It made me feel... almost angry. I ripped my eyes off her and continued searching my future date. Watching something or in this case, someone, is only inflicting more pain; especially since she probably loves someone else.

Damn, who knew just by a simple sight could put me in such a bad mood. I'm so depressed that sobbing is the only voice I could hear.

Hold on... sobbing!

I quickly raced around the side of the Student Hall big building to catch two pairs of white flip flops on the floor, the owner covered by a well trimmed bush.

"Sakura?" I called.

The sobbing immediately stopped, instead my name was voiced in disbelief, "Sasuke?"

I made my way around the bush to find Sakura in the worst stage possible. Ino never told me why she ran off in the first place. Only that she ran off because someone pissed her off. She was shaking like a cat out of a bath and her face was red due to the cold and her crying.

Karin.

"Did Karin do this to you?" I kneeled down in front of her. "Tell me."

She looked away, "No it's not Karin."

"Then who?"

"Well," she sniffed. "It was Karin but she made me realize something."

I sat on the soil facing her, legs crossed, "If it's about me dating her instead of you, that's not realization. That's stupidity and it's never going to happen."

I could see a ghost of a smile starting to form on her lips, "If it was that, then I would've just made some sharp comeback."

"Then what's up?"

Sakura didn't speak right away. Instead, her eyes darted in all different directions as if checking for anyone listening into our conversation.

When she finally did talk, I was frozen solid.

"Do you like Hinata?"

"Uh."

She looked down sadly, "That's a yes, isn't it?"

"No wait stop," I cleared my throat. "Let me explain."

Afraid she'd just get up and leave me, I grabbed her wrist just in case.

Sakura's emerald green eyes met mines with patience.

"I'm not going to lie when I say I did fall for my best friend," I started, "But that doesn't mean I can't fall for someone else. It's pretty clear she likes someone else and me? Well, I'm just her pathetic best buddy who she sees as nothing more than just a brother sitting and waiting for a love that will never happen."

Sakura only blinked so I continued, "It's time I stop living in a fantasy. Hinata... yeah I'll never stop loving her but that doesn't mean I can't love someone else if she chooses someone else."

"So I'm only a backup?" she asked, her voice cracking a bit.

"No, Sakura wait," I tightened my grip. "That's not what I meant. What I meant is, it's time for me to wake up and accept that Hinata will never return the feelings I have for her. Instead, I should forget about those forbidden feelings and instead, move onto someone who I know will return them."

Her eyes widened as I gave her the next words.

"And that's you, Sakura Haruno."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 721 21
Hyuga Hinata has dreamt about one - being noticed by her only love, Naruto. She has believed in him even when he was no one, within years the feeling...
19.8K 1.1K 32
Hinata Hyuuga appeared to be living the high school dream. She was a kind-hearted girl who had once dated the popular guy she'd always had a crush on...
226K 6.1K 46
COMPLETED Naruto Uzimaki is a famous actor and singer. Tons of girls have huge crushes on him, he ends up going to Konaha high where everyone loves h...
5.3K 128 11
Himawari has always heard about how her father, the Hokage, has a beast inside him. Suddenly, the Hokage goes missing and Hinata get injured. What wi...