Curse of flames: Awakening (B...

By Derpghastwill

Beige is a normal 16 year old boy or at least he thought he was normal. His life drastically begins to change... More

Fire makes things go boom
Cafeteria Crisis
A life beyond the normal
My tour guide knows to much
Thanks Dad cause I wanted to sneeze fire
The most awkward moment of my life
I feel important. That's bad
Ruining libraries wow
I Don't think underground is my thing
Lin, Focus on the mission... please
Why do you need a arena for turtle fighting?
Confessing is scary (Lin's P.O.V)
We Stole Homosexual Turtles
Aden
A satyr becomes a Daring Duelist
Well That Was Anticlimactic
This Musician Couple is scary
Freed
Ashes

Awakening

4 0 0
By Derpghastwill

Well, let me just start by stating that I have been locked in a cage for a day. The temperature was definitely below freezing with icicles stuck to the ceiling and snow piles in the corner that wouldn't melt. My power was barely back, creating just enough warmth for my hands stuck inside handcuffs, which honestly was the most frustrating thing I've dealt with.

Why now is it gone? What caused this rare power to disappear? Now I'm stuck in a cell with absolutely nothing waiting for the one and only Aden to arrive and kill me. Worst of all, the hunters and B both are now frozen and Penelope is "Dealt with" and I hope it wasn't what I thought. A fire boiled inside me wishing to burst, sadly not being able to exit. I had to have a plan for exit.

To my luck, a turtle appeared in front of my cell while I wasn't looking; it was Lohn Jaurens. My jaw dropped as I crawled to the prison bars wanting to pick him up. Honestly, I probably had gone crazy at this point but I whispered to Lohn Jaurens.

"How did you get here?? You are such a sneaky turtle please get me out somehow, use your jaw snappy thingy." To my luck, he listens biting the bars.... right next to my face. "Good. Good! now just bite my handcuffs off."

I don't know turtle expressions but he gave me the look of "Stupid" and started to walk on my cuffs. I smirked and sat him on my shoulder as I started to sneak my way around this mysterious place. It was dark, it gave an abandoned castle vibe which isn't something I wish I had to experience. But the odd part was that it was empty, no one was here other than frozen statues. Finally, I came across a throne room.

Inside was a shining chair with ice covering random spots and next to the chair were Thalia and B frozen in place. I ran to B immediately seeing if there was a way to break her free but, with my hands trapped, that didn't help my situation. I remembered a trick from a movie which was a massive mistake and slammed the iron cuffs on the wall vibrating my body and making a really loud bang. The worst part was that I didn't free my hands or so I thought until a whoosh of wind behind me sent chills through my back.

"Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise to see. Looks like that creature helped you I'm assuming?" I turned around to see none other than the goddess Khoine. She swirled her hand causing snow flurries to lift Lohn Jaurens into the air to come face to face with her.

"This... this creature is what helped you? My, its cute, pointless and sad that you had it save you. It'll make a great AHHH" At that moment Lohn Jaurens had summoned his metal jaw biting perfectly onto her face as she fell in pain.

"ATROCIOUS BEAST I'LL BEHEAD YOU AS AN ICE SCULPTURE!"

She sends a blast at Lohn Jaurens who I was able to get my cuffs in front of freezing them. Then, I retried what I had before and slammed the gloves off, my hands finally had become free. Now I had to figure out how to defeat a woman who can turn anything to an ice sculpture with nothing but a turtle.

Behind Thalia was a little fireplace with the slightest flame, it was my only idea at the time and I quickly dove behind the ice sculpture and stuck my hand on the flame only for it to burn my hand leaving major pain.

"Ah fire boy, can't hide behind that statue, I'll simply cut it into pieces, the hunters were merely a prize, oh I'll become powerful thanks to her servitude." Khione from the other side was daydreaming but that gave me no advantage at the moment.

"Who? Do you think Aden will help you? Akhlys? I still don't understand why I am so important!" I scream from behind enraged, I honestly couldn't deal with it anymore.

"HA, those two were pawns, forced to do what she wants so they can be happy, no there is someone who plans to tear down Zeus once and for all. The Titans couldn't do it, but they will."
She has lost it, Akhlys is the one after me.

Then I started to think, I would end her misery. Someone is making her feel pain and I'm the key. I then got up with Lohn Jaurens on the ground and stepped out from behind Thalia's statue.

"Oh? What do you plan on doing now, I can freeze you in your spot."

"I know, what could I do to st-" At my ankle, Lohn Jaurens Nibbled my pants, his left eye glowing gold. I look back at Khione and behind her stood Joe, his right eye glowed.

"Oh ignore that turtle fool, I know its tricks it won't-" "Stand down Khione, It's over"
Kyla, Lin, and Penelope all stood behind her and within the sound of hearing the voice, Khione knelt at their feet.

"Kyla! oh, uhm, miss. You led all of them here, highly rewarded we will be after-" ''No- I'm not being his pawn, Let them go."

Apparently, I wasn't the only one confused Lin jaw dropped in confusion with Penelope still not sure what was happening. Penelope seemed to completely recover from when I saw her but as Kyla finished a blast hit her in the chest. The room swirled a blizzard with Khione going mad.

"YOU, DARE BETRAY HIM? HE WILL KILL YOU! YOU CAUSE ME TROUBLE TOO FOR EVEN RECOMMENDING YOU." She moves slightly and faces Penelope who is scrunched in a ball from the blast. "AND YOU, WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD, SHE PROMISED ME!" That's when she turns to me.

Her eyes glowed bright blue, icicles growing around the tips of her hair, "FINALLY, BASIA. IT WON'T MATTER ANYMORE. I WILL TAKE THE PLEASURE OF KILLING YOU. ALL OF YOU." She blasts me right in the chest before I could get a chance to move and I blackout.

Now when I say blackout, it more like everything went black then I woke up instantly inside a workshop. Around me were random sheets of metal, cars, anything you can name.

"Well, I can't keep doing this you know." I turn around to see my father.

"What, what is going on? I need to help-" "Yes, they need you. But I need to tell you this now, You have to make a choice. I took your fire, you can get it back though."

"How?? Father tell me!"

He shakes his head. "I cannot, but once you wake up, you will understand. Save her for me"

He reaches out to my head and I shot forward bumping heads with Penelope. Right next to the furnace behind Thalia. Thoughts or more like voices swirled my head.

The curse will take action

Your loved ones will suffer

Save her

That moment I understood, the choice. Penelope was important, that's why she was supposed to die. It's Penelope and risk it all, or let the curse take its course.

My face must have shown sorrow cause Penelope gave me a reassuring look and told me, "Dad wants the best for us all kid. But that can't happen, you know we won't escape here without what needs to happen. Please, I'll be ok." I looked at her confused by her words.

"Y-you can't just give up your life, and why did you say that anyways?"

"Achlys talked to me, said dad loved me and he wants to do better as long as I live on, He wants to do right which is better than any other god has done but this has to be done, I trust her." Penelope grabs my hand and puts it on and holds it next to the furnace. I was shocked to the point I couldn't speak. She nods her head as a tear slowly trickle down her face. I go to pull it away but she forces both our hands in the fire.

I erupt covered in blue flames will Penelope and as quickly as I was submerged, they extinguished, with Penelope falling onto her back unconscious. I had lost it, I walked out from behind and see Lin frozen in place by his feat as Kyla was stuck to the wall.

"Well, the flame boy woke up, too bad you are defenseless" She laughed hysterically and I joined in.

"Oh, if only you had a clue you Elsa looking, Bitch."

Blue flames burst out of my hands, holding an eternal flame trickling around me. I send a flame at her and as she tried to stop it, all her attacks were melted blasting her right in the gut, ironic you could say. Sadly she was a god, it had done nothing.

The two sides of the room swirled with fire and wind blasting at each other, this distance fight would never end. She sends an icicle at me nearly dodging it and landing back at the wall. On my left sat my Dad's hatchet, Achos, Pain.

I reached for it, the pitch-black hatchet with etches in it and upon picking it up. All the designs filled with blue fire. I get up and walk towards her, everything she did was useless until the point that I got so close that the wind extinguished the flames surrounding me.

She yells over the swirling wind, "YOU CAN'T WIN, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU!" I looked at her with a smirk and told her. "I know."

I through the hatchet into the wind as it cut right into her face causing all the wind to stop and her to fall to the ground. Her face bled gold and she was legitimately hurt.

"It's over Khione. Just stop" I had lost all energy, my power had drained itself totally.

"Oh Basia, you can think that many gods will turn on you. I have only delayed the inevitable."

With that, she disappeared leaving the hatchet on the ground where she fell. I wanted to collapse but feelings of rage took over me and massive heat waves shot out, they felt like cries of agony, pain leaving my body that wasn't mine. After the pain of the heat waves was gone, I fell to my knees.

"Baisa??? what happened!?" Around me stood B, Thalia, Lin, and Kyla. Before I was about to answer I realized something and darted shouting, "Penelope!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 0 20
Josh is a "normal" incoming college freshman who is somewhat ready to take on the world. He lives a great life with his family or what he thought was...
4.6K 46 42
{𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 ✔️} 3 weeks after the events of the Trident Thief, Zoe and Priscilla are now staying at Camp Half Blood with their friends and en...
4.5K 162 28
❛As the sun kissed the sea...their bodies melted into each other's❜ A story in which two troubled souls find safety in each other. Andromeda 'Andie'...
10.8K 277 24
"'Oh, and please don't fall in love with that girl, it's bad enough I have one daughter with a child of Poseidon, but now my son too!?' 'Mom!' 'Sorry...