Weeds

By Readiculous

"They were elements that were not supposed to mix,but they were. And just like mixing hydrogen peroxide with... More

Weeds
Weeds - Chapter One
Weeds - Chapter two
Weeds - Chapter three
Weeds - Chapter Four
Weeds - Chapter five
Weeds - Chapter Six
Weeds - Chapter Seven
Weeds - Chapter Eight
Weeds - Chapter Nine
Weeds - Chapter Ten
Weeds - Chapter Eleven
Weeds - Chapter Twelve
Weeds - Chapter Thirteen
Weeds - Chapter Fourteen
Weeds - Chapter Fifteen
Weeds - Chapter Sixteen
Weeds - Chapter Seventeen
Weeds - Chapter Eighteen
Weeds - Chapter Nineteen
Weeds - Chapter Twenty
Weeds - Chapter Twenty One
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Two
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Three
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Four
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Five
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Six
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Seven
Weeds - Chapter Twenty Eight
Weeds - Chapter Twenty nine
Weeds - Chapter Thirty
Weeds - Chapter Thirty One
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Two
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Three
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Five
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Six
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Seven
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Eight
Weeds - Chapter Thirty Nine
Weeds - Chapter Forty
Weeds - Chapter Forty One
Weeds - Chapter Forty Two
SEQUEL

Weeds - Chapter Thirty Four

31.2K 1.7K 1K
By Readiculous

Vote

Comment

Fan

-

Elliott sat in front of me his glasses perched on the tip of his nose, they were thick rimmed and dorky but complimented his face nicely. He wore a paisley printed shirt and grey sweat pants that he worked well. 

He scrunched up his nose causing the freckles on his check to become apparent through the magnification of his lenses. 

He was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows and I pretended to be interested in the homework he had brought me from science class but how could I do homework when he sat beside me being utterly magnificent? 

His loft still had boxes pilled around but it was homey, he had books laying on every counter top but it was toasty warm, we were currently on his couch which was grey and overly stuffed . He bit softly into his thumb which was between his teeth as his hand held his chin. 

I suddenly wondered how he paid for all this? How did he pay his monthly bills and Stinson's and food? Did Kirk pay it for him? 

" Do you have a job?" I asked . 

He looked up from his book and nodded. 

"Where?" 

"I work online, I code for google." 

"Code?" 

"Yeah, I write code to create software programs and stuff like that." 

"Do you enjoy it?" 

He nodded, "Yeah actually I do." 

I nodded and looked down at my homework, what the hell is 3mol? 

Did mol mean molecular? 

Deciding that I had had enough of this absurdity I shut my text book and leaned back on the couch. 

Elliott was reading again. 

"Elliott?" 

"Yes?" He asked stretching out the y. 

"Why are your hands bruised?" 

He sighed but didn’t look up from his book, "No reason in particular." 

"Elliott." 

"Riley." 

"Please tell me." 

He shook his head and out of no where dropped his book and stood up from the couch I watched him get up and walk over to the kitchen which was visible thanks to the open floor concept, "Do you want something to drink or eat?" 

"No thank you." 

He grabbed a cartoon of strawberry milk and walked back over to the couch, he grabbed a poncho he had laying on the chest that acted as a coffee table and spread it over his legs so that it casually covered my lap as well. 

I scooted over and tapped his ankles so that he placed his feet on my lap.  

He obliged and placed my hands over his legs. 

I traced my hand over the thick hairs that I could feel in the spaced between his ankle and the end of his pant leg. 

I had always been a rather rough person, I was never gentle but when I touched Elliott I was always gentle.  

I could never hurt him, not intentionally. 

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow, "What are you thinking?" 

Not wanting to confess my weird soft spot for him I lied , although I had thought about the question before, "How many tattoos do you have?" 

"Three."  

"Where?" I had only see two or maybe three. 

"One on my neck,  one on my back, and one on my arm." 

I had never seen the arm ones before ,"Can I see them?" 

"Uhm-" He shifted awkwardly and  looked away, "No." 

I frowned, "Why not?" 

"Because , I'm cold." 

"Elliott." I said sternly, "Please." 

He glared at me and mumbled something before getting up from the couch and awkwardly pulling his shirt off. 

I first noticed the definition of his pale chest, he had a set of abs that looked hard and muscular, the light dusting of chest hair was hot, I wanted to lick it. 

Shaking my head of my perverted thoughts I looked at him expectantly. 

He pointed to his upper arm and I noticed the sketch of Saturn in black childish ink with three stars around it. 

He turned around and lifted his arm to raise the hairs on his neck, the motion was un-necessary but the way his muscles flexed  was not frowned upon by me. 

I studied that tattoos I had already seen, the snowflake on his back and words on his neck. 

"Do you want to go do something?" I asked out of the blue. 

He turned around and grabbed his shirt, shrugging it back on, "Like what?" 

"We live in California for gods sake, we can do anything!" I say excitedly and wave my arms in the air before pushing myself harder against the back of the sofa. 

"Its mid night." He said simply. 

"C'mon, " I said jumping in my place. 

He grinned at me, "Where would we go?" 

"Lets go to In n' out." 

"In n' out?" 

"Yep and then we can go for a walk." 

He raised a brow but shrugged anyways. He went over to his closet and threw on a black hoodie and beanie, he slid on his converse and I did the same.  

He let me borrow one of his over large sweaters and I grinned as we walked out of the building, Elliott entered a pin into the garage door and it opened automatically. 

He went to drivers seat and unlocked it, I slid into the passengers seat and he turned on the ignition. 

We rolled out of the garage and onto the desolated street, Elliott maneuvered the car through town with ease until we were on the edge of the high way at the nearest In N' out. We got out and walked to the door, I was thankful it was twenty four hours. 

He held the door open for me as we entered the fast food establishment and we went directly to the counter, I ordered a burger and fries and he , of course, ordered a veggie burger and fries. 

We waited patiently as our food was being prepared and we were the only people in the restaurant besides the staff. I stretched my legs out under the table and pulled down the sleeves of Elliott's sweater. 

"So have you talked to  Sam ?" I asked casually and he yawned but shook his head, "No." 

"Why not?" 

He shrugged, "Things just didn’t work out." 

"Why not?" 

He shrugged again and ran a mitten clad hand through his hair, he looked adorable with his glasses and beanie, his cheeks rosy. 

"She wanted things I couldn’t offer." He said and placed his hands on the table in front of us. 

On impulse I reached forward and placed my hand on his, he stared at our hands. 

It wasn’t skin to skin contact , due to his mittens but it was close. 

He moved his hand so that mine was under his left and his right was touching my fingers. 

It was silent inside the burger joint besides the soft hum of Snow Patrol singing in the distance through the sound system. 

He touched the lines on my hand slowly, and he stared at the veins on my wrist as if they were the most interesting thing he had ever seen. He traced his thumb over my palm and he was so gentle, as if he was scared to hurt me. 

And I swear in that moment I could feel every ounce of blood course through my vessels, I could hear my heart beat through my ears, I could smell the Fruitopia in his cardboard cup and I held my breath for minuets, not trusting myself to breath normally. 

When the bell at the counter rung it snapped me out of my trance, I whipped my hand back as if it were on fire and Elliott looked momentarily stunned before getting up to get our meal. 

I stared at my hand until he came back. 

I grabbed my burger which had delicious cheese on it while Elliott's didn’t, he didn’t like cheese on burgers. 

Elliott took off his mittens and bit into his burger, moaning in appreciation. 

Let me tell you, the carnal and appreciative sound that emitted from his mouth was the hottest thing I had ever heard in my life. 

I ripped open a ketchup packet and squirted it over my fries. 

Elliott scrunched up his face when Iggy Azalea came over the speakers. 

"You don’t like Iggy?" I asked looking up from my food. 

He shook his head and swallowed the reminisces of his burger, "Nope, she's racist." 

My jaw dropped in surprise, I loved Iggy, "No she's not." 

Elliott nodded and pulled out his newest generation IPhone tapping away before sliding it across the table, Iggy Azaleas Twitter came up and I realized that they were screenshots, I began looking through them and true to his word they got worse and worse. 

I slid his phone back to him. 

"How do you feel about Nikki Minaj?" 

"I like her." He said as he crumbled up the paper his burger came in and started on his fries. 

"Lets play twenty questions, yeah?" He asked as he dipped a fry into his ketchup. 

I nodded and didn’t bother waiting for his response,  "Are you going to college?" 

He nodded, "Yeah probably. What's your middle name?" 

"Why?" I countered back. 

"Just answer the question." 

I groaned but decided that if I wanted answers I would have to give some too, "Herbert." 

Elliott coughed loudly choking on his fries, he gasped for air as he laughed harder than he ever had before and he pounded his fist on the table, I glared at him but I cant even deny that watching him act his age and be happy wasn’t worth it. 

"H-Herbert?" 

I sighed, "My dad was in love with Herbert Becker as a kid, he was so obsessed that he promised to name his son after him , but he never had a son so he just named me after him." 

He chuckled and shook his head while taking a sip of his drink. 

"Who was your first kiss?" I asked, getting curious out of nowhere. 

He blushed a deep shade of read, "You." 

"Me?" 

"Yeah , I don’t know If you remember but when we first met, it was for holiday break and on Christmas our parents were urging me to give you a kiss on the cheek since I had a crush on you or whatever and you moved your head so I ended up kissing you on the lips." 

I raised my eyebrows, "Really? Why don’t I remember?" 

He shrugged, and made ' I don’t know ' sound. 

"Why don’t you play the guitar anymore?" He asked as he bit into a fry. 

I shrugged, "Honestly, I just don’t have the passion for it anymore." 

He nodded. 

"Can I ask you about your mom? Your real mom?" I asked tenderly not sure how he would react. 

He stiffened considerably and crossed his arms but nodded slowly. 

"Why did she and Kirk separate?" 

He stared at me dead in the eyes and I wanted to wipe the death in his eyes, they were no longer sparkly or amused , they looked cold and guarded, I wanted to remind him of my middle name so that he would laugh. 

"She's as nutty as a fruitcake." He said simply and winced at his brusque tone,  "Who's Emma and Logan's dad?" 

I shrugged, "No idea." I shoved another fry in my mouth, "What's your moms name?" 

"Erin. Have you ever been in love?" 

I shrugged, "I've never really believed in it. How do you know Ellie?" 

"Her boyfriend and I have a friend in common. Why do you hate yourself?" 

I shrugged, " I don’t hate myself, I just don’t necessarily like everything about myself." 

"Where does your mom like?" 

"London Connecticut, name one thing you like about yourself." 

I sighed, " I like my belly button, do you have any siblings?" 

"Not technically." He finished and he didn’t ask any other questions as he stood up to empty our try into the garbage. 

He stood at the end of the booth and slid his mittens back on, He held out his hand and I grasped it, we walked out of the restaurant and he tucked my hand into the crook of his arm . 

We walked in silence out onto the pavement of the plaza, the stars were out and illuminating the sky I leaned my head onto his arm. 

"Riley?" 

"Uhum?" 

"The first time I saw you I thought; that girl, I'm going to love her forever and ever and ever." 

A/N 

I don’t know if this chapter was too cheesy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 737 25
*Mitch POV* I knew something was wrong when I couldn't breathe. It was in the middle of our social studies lesson for the day, and I tried to take a...
544 17 6
" Maybe I do love you!" He yelled. I swallowed my retort. " Wait, What?" I uttered. He made a face and scratched the back of his neck...
415K 15.4K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
142 34 22
"so, you want me to touch you?"he whispered in my ears as he licked my earlobe. "Yes"I said with all the energy I had. "How much?"he asked as his ha...