Blood World - Book Three ✓

By jllnnah

With families to protect, the fate of the wolves and vampires hang in limbo when a dark figure from the past... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Epilogue

Chapter 15

17 0 0
By jllnnah

The Great War II

Chapter Summary
The second war will determine the fate of vampires and wolves!

The silver midnight moon had ascended, shedding a glint over a massive flatlands. It was a large land, a field. A field that will soon be used for battle.

Near it was a shore, where the dark ocean had sparkled under the soothing moonlight. It had these constant rippling and wavy patterns, as it sent wave after wave headed for the coast.

The land had that tint of a precious sapphire, a cold hue that set a spine-chilling mood. In the ocean swam the silhouettes of what looked like ships sailing for the Island of Mercedes. A man stood near the steering wheel, directing the ship to the coast of a nearby Island.

He smiled sinisterly. "I'm coming for you." Vampire soldiers began to unroll banners with etched symbols of what seemed to be a skull. Particles of platinum had been woven to the rollable black fabric, molding the shape of a skeleton's skull.

An ounce of wrath and insatiable desire dripped in Vladimir's voice, his face washed in blue moonlight. "I will end you. I will end your lover. I will end your kind." He raised his chin up, overlooking the seas surrounding the ships. "Once and for all."

Gerda was absent by his side. She refused to stay near him, or be in his view. As much as possible, once the war rages, she would shy away from Vladimir. Inside, she had this boiling loathe for him. She kept it in as she continued commanding the soldiers to prepare.

Vampire Soldiers took their crossbows, and loaded them. Gerda watched as the soldiers prepared themselves for war, equipped with strength and bravery.

Gerda smirked.

---

The eerie thrumming of silence had pushed everyone on edge.

The Archers and The Lycan Soldiers had prepped themselves for the battle ahead, putting on armor, weapons, and combat abilities.

An archer made sure that all the arrows in his quiver were equipped with Queen Eleanor's explosives. And so did the rest.

While some wolf soldiers shared an emotional moment with their families. They had to immerse themselves in a familial time, because nobody was certain of the future. Whoever would meet ill-fate , and whoever would be able to get past through this horror.

Serrina and Hunter held each other's hand as they chatted. "Hunter, for all the hours and days of my life I had spent with you, know that you have earned my limitless affection." She cupped his cheek tenderly. "I adore you every second, from the past, now, and tomorrow."

Hunter grinned from ear to ear, before he and Serrina were pulled by the gravity of temptation, nearing them until they kissed.

And after parting lips, giving them the ability to peer into each other, one last time before the war. "You are and will only be my true love. No one else. When the night goes on, whatever the future holds... I hope that we'll make it tonight."

They embraced one another, losing themselves into each other's touch.

Meanwhile, Sabrina and Divinity bid a temporary farewell to their child, Priyanka, who was cradled in Sabrina's arms and warmth. "We'll see you soon, sunshine," She said before planting a long kiss on her forehead. "I love you. Don't forget that." Sabrina's voice had a slight shakiness as emotions rushed through her.

Divinity draped an arm around Sabrina's shoulders, smiling down at Priyanka. His last words were... "You're beautiful like your mother. We'll see you grow up. We'll see you take on the world." He glanced at Sabrina, gazing at her affectionately before returning his eyes upon Priyanka. "We love you so much." He gently held her small hand, chuckling.

Sabrina heaved out a heavy sigh before she placed Priyanka back in her crib. Her eyes travelled to look at Tatsuya, who knitted his eyebrows together in concern, his forehead creasing. He rose up to his feet and spoke to Divinity and Sabrina. "I'll take care of her in the meantime." He placed a hand on both their shoulders. "Don't die."

"We won't." Sabrina reassured, doubt lacking in her tone. "We will make it through the night."

"And all will be well," Divinity nodded, without Sabrina's notice. Her mind had drifted far off to negativity, wherein she was drowned in so much thoughts and the only escape was a pat on the shoulder.

Sabrina. There was this distant call to her. She couldn't reach out. She was paralysed as she continued to sink deep into the pool of negativity, awaiting with open arms to pull her down until she was completely submerged.

Then, a single touch zapped those thoughts away. Sabrina flinched at the cold hitting her back.

Sliding back to reality, she stiffened as she felt a soft press to her back. She whipped her head at Divinity with a raised eyebrow, her mouth forming filler words, her face consumed by confusion. "Who? What? Huh.. Um."

"We're about to leave. I just asked, if you had any last words?" Divinity said, his hand moving up to clasp her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Sabrina cleared her throat as her gaze walked to Priyanka's crib. Before a second even leaked away, a tear rained from her eye. It dropped to the floor. "I love you." She tried to conceal her hand wiping at her eye, to brush away the dampness on her skin.

But, Divinity witnessed her actions. He immediately slid into concern, caressing her. "Shh. She's going to be fine."

"I know. I know. But I can't help but think that this will be our last moment together." Her words contradicted with the certainty that bled in her voice earlier.

She was sure that both of them wouldn't die but there was this lingering possibility that continued to disrupt that. Divinity pulled her in for a hug, hopping that it would at least take away the heaviness in her heart.

Near the exit of Paradiso, Snowdust had loaded her gun and strode outside, patiently waiting for the other soldiers and archers to arrive, and Sabrina and Divinity.

Her eyes stared skyward, at the endless night sky where twinkling stars and the moon were stitched. "I will make sure that your sacrifices are worth it." She said, determination settling on her face.

And soon, everyone wore themselves with readiness as they marched out of Paradiso, headed for the flatlands which will be where the war will take place.

Eventually, they had arrived to the battlefield to find Vladimir and his vampire soldiers already standing on the opposite side. The Archers subtly and stealthily crept towards the woods, veiling themselves from the vampire army's view.

Sabrina, Divinity, and Snowdust stomped towards the vampires altogether, leading the crowd of soldiers behind their backs.

Vladimir gazed at Sabrina, his eyes trained only on her. He licked his lips, his eyes filled with hunger and desire. Slowly, his lust for blood climbed upon him. He wrestled it back, holding it in just before someone will blow the horn.

Sabrina halted in her tracks, and so did Divinity and Snowdust. She faced Vladimir, her face wearing a solemn expression. "There is still time for two options, I believe." She raised her voice a little louder, for Vladimir, for Gerda, and for all the soldiers of the Vampire Army to hear.

Vladimir listened while Gerda shifted in her feet, her glare shot at Sabrina, then Snowdust.

"We can choose to be peaceful, and build a union, or we will all end up in bloodshed and chaos." Sabrina said. She nodded at Vladimir, now expecting his answer. "It's your call, Vlad. Choose wisely."

Before Vladimir could respond, a vanpire soldier took a step forward, bravely. There was a hint of a rebel in him as he spoke out his decision. "I say we all do this peacefully," He looked around him, the wolf soldiers, and his fellow soldiers. "We can mend the rift that tore our kinds apart."

Vladimir held in his anger as his hands balled into fists. You think you're free...

And when enough wrath and exasperation had built up, he raised a foot and stomped his feel against the ground, causing a resounding thud. "Enough!"

Abruptly, the vampire soldier who stepped forward and gave his decision, fell to his knees, gaping as black completely colored his eyes. Which also happened to the rest of the vampire soldiers behind him, the whole army dropped to their knees.

Snowdust surveyed the eerily still soldiers who knelt down, then her eyes widened. Gasping, she rushed to Sabrina, warning her. "They're under Vladimir's mind control."

And it occurred to Sabrina. The vampire soldiers had been puppets to Vladimir, who had the power to dominate and control them.

The genuine kindness in the soldier had quickly wiped away as a bleak and sinister state overpowered him. Then, Vladimir worked his fingers, causing the whole army to float back to their feet. Gerda shuddered as she took in the situation. She didn't want to be taken of her freedom to do what she wants to, she doesn't want to be leashed to Vladimir's control.

All the soldiers slowly raised their crossbow simultaneously, aimed at the wolf soldiers. Vladimir faced Sabrina with a snicker. "I choose war." He said, and then he pulled out a horn and lifted it to his mouth and blowed.

The horn echoed.

Then, his grip on it slackened, leaving the horn to fall to the ground all by itself.

As soon as it touched the flat floor, time seemed to stop. And then, in just a second, both sides, vampires and wolves lunged at each other.

The war had begun.

Several bolts soared the air and a lot ducked to avoid the attack. The Lycan Soldiers released a counter-attack against the vampire soldiers, kicking off their crossbows as soon as they came into contact.

Sabrina evaded an incoming boot to her shin. And then, she pulled her dagger out and thrusted her blade into the eye of the vampire soldier. Feeling pity, she withdrew her dagger, and left the dead vampire soldier to lie against the ground, crumpled and motionless.

She saw a vampire soldier running for her, and another from behind. With a quick reflex, she leapt out of the way and caused the two soldiers to ram into each other. With the soldiers momentarily stunned by the collision, Sabrina took the opportunity to bury her blade into the roof of the head of a vampire soldier while her heel crushed the skull of the other.

"I'm so sorry you had to get dragged into this," There was a glimmer of mercy and pity fused together, in her voice before she departed from the bodies and immersed herself in the battle.

Asha furiously swiped her katana at vampires, slaughtering soldiers in her path. She swiftly whipped around and crouched down in a blink of an eye after a vampire soldier fired his crossbow that was aimed at her.

"Not dying tonight!" She yelled before rushing towards the vampire soldier, her blood pumping with adrenaline. Before the soldier could fire his crossbow again, Asha had already booted it out of his grip, then sent a slap across his face before.

Afterwards, she angrily butchered the soldier with an erupting roar from her lips.

Behind her back, a wolf soldier took a bolt to the head. It plummeted to the floor, lifeless in an instant. Asha furrowed her eyebrows and yelled out. "No!"

She surged forward and readied her katana before cleaving a vampire soldier's body in half. She panted, her grip tight on the hilt of her katana. She watched as the vampire soldier she ripped apart with her blade, crumble into ashes and vanish into thin air.

While, Snowdust leapt upwards after vampire soldiers circled around her. They leveled their crossbow at her, but before they could even pull the trigger, Snowdust had shot them using two pistols in both hands.

After her feet touched the ground again, she scanned the corpses around her then left them to disintegrate into black ashes that will inevitably go astray. She glared and leveled her pistol at the head of a vampire soldier and pulled her trigger. Then, she did to another, and the next.

BANG! BANG!

The war raged on. Ashes had already started to gather.

A wolf soldier groaned in pain as he felt a boot against his back. The vampire soldier who stomped a foot against the back of the wolf soldier, took its bolt then repeatedly stabbed the Lycan soldier in the head. In the vampire soldier's movements, was the absence of mercy. Afterwards, the vampire soldier burrowed into the chest of the Lycan Soldier and yanked its heart out.

The vampire soldier raised it up high and tossed it far away, cackling wickedly. It whirled around only to meet his demise. An explosion.

Archers started shooting their long bows from the forest, letting several arrows to fly through air and pierce right into the chests of some vampire soldiers. And then, their bodies exploded, which became the root cause of blood spraying everywhere and ashes blanketing the ground.

A vampire soldier furiously growled before mauling a Lycan Soldier to death. The vampire soldier lurched at another Lycan Soldier, then took down another wolf's life.

Vladimir calmly walked through the battle, searching for Sabrina who was squaring off against the vampire soldier who stepped forward awhile ago. "I'm so sorry," She apologied before splitting the head in half with a single palm.

Surprised and unexpectedly impressed, Vladimir backed away as a smirk curled his lips. "I need you to suffer slowly under my watch. It's much better than you dying right away," He mumbled to himself as he strode away.

Divinity activated his powers, throwing flames at vampire soldiers, causing scorching fire to spread around him. He set a soldier on fire, who relentlessly wrestled him whose goal was to terminate him completely. Fortunately, Divinity was able to rip the soldier apart like paper.

His heart thundered so hard. It sounded like drums being pounded loudly against his ears.

His senses were heightened. And when he sniffed again, the odor of corpses became more intense. He grimaced as he continued battling other vampire soldiers, all the while, rescuing those Lycan Soldiers who were about to encounter their demise.

Another Lycan Soldier lost a life, while its fellow friend brushed away the grief and brought vengeance upon the murderer. Unfortunately, he couldn't, when his upper body was dismantled from his lower half by a vampire soldier.

Dead Lycan Soldiers were discarded into a growing pile of corpses which reeked of foul stench lingering around the battlefield. Some soldiers were headless, bodiless, lacking of some organs, and some were completely drained of blood after some soldiers gulped an abundant amount.

A Lycan Soldier was torn to pieces by an enraged vampire soldier. Another wolf was blown up after a vampire ducked an explosive arrow.

The Archer who shot felt disappointed, and was quickly drowned in regret.

Hunter and Serrina fought alongside each other, combining bows and swords against their opponents.

Serrina ran against two soldiers with blades on both hands. Then she thrusted them into the neck from both sides then she pulled them out and allowed the vampire soldiers she stabbed, to crumble into ashes.

Meanwhile, Hunter continuously fired his bow. He had aimed for heads, throats, and chests with his arrows.

A soldier came up behind him, stealing his bow and smacking his head with it. Hunter dropped to the ground, coughing. The soldier smiled before picking up an arrow. Serrina witnessed and was quick to shove her blade into the rear of the vampire soldier's skull.

The vampire soldier shrieked before it dropped to the ground and turned into powder.

A Lycan Soldier violently twisted the soldier's neck then elbowed his head three times. Then, he bent down to one knee to pluck the crossbow sleeping on the ground and leveled it at the soldier.

An eerie sigh escaped the lips of the vampire soldier. The Lycan Soldier tightened his grip on the crossbow before unleashing the bolt that quickly penetrated the vampire soldier's eye.

The Lycan Soldier shifted himself into his wolf form and swiftly mauled vampire soldiers in its path.

Amidst the battle, Gerda was able to find Sabrina. Not even thinking things thoroughly, she rushed towards Sabrina with a loud cry. "Argh!!"

Gerda tackled Sabrina to the ground, pinning her arms against the floor of the field. She gripped both wrists of Sabrina while her free hand produced a knife from her pocket. Sabrina balled her hands into fists, readying them to punch Gerda whenever she could.

Then, she gasped but she couldn't release it. Gerda scraped the neck of Sabrina with the tip of her knife's blade. And then, she stabbed the side of Sabrina's neck without hesitation. Gerda closed in and drank the blood dripping from the wound.

She moaned as she continued sipping more of the red substance flowing. It ran through her tongue and tasted like fine wine. It tasted even better than wine.

Harry and Isaac approached from a distance. Gerda let go of her wrists which was a signal for Harry and Isaac to take over. Harry and Isaac dragged Sabrina while Gerda followed, smirking.

Soon, Sabrina would reach the woods if she won't attack Harry and Isaac.

Her heart pounded quickly but there was this cold power draining her strength and then returning it, but forged it to be stronger. Hoping she could escape, she forcefully yanked both arms away from their grip and quickly jumped back up to her feet. Harry was about to yell when he fulminated and made blood spray on Sabrina and Isaac.

Isaac turned, about to chase, only to bump up with Yuki who strangled him and placed him back to the ground. She breathed in and out before she smacked her crossbow against the face of Isaac. She repeated until his skin was absent from the face, leaving only the skull. Then, she leveled her crossbow at Isaac and fired.

Gerda was stunned by the scene. She quickly ran for the woods, escaping from Sabrina. Sabrina grinded her teeth as she chased after Gerda.

Trapped in a lethal pursuit, Gerda had no choice but to confuse Sabrina as she dived into the woodlands. Sabrina was hot on Gerda's heels, sprinting after her.

And then, for a brief moment, Sabrina was blinded. She rubbed her eyes, hoping the blindness would drift away. Luckily, it did. She put her hands down and opened her eyes again to see herself in the middle of the woods, in the dark.

She didn't recall being here.

Her surroundings seemed different.

She laid her eyes upon a hanging silhouette which had been bathed in red light. Curiosity sparked, Sabrina strode towards the hanging silhouette. As she neared, she felt this growing pit in her stomach. Both worry and adrenaline pumping her really roughly.

Then, her gaze travelled up to the silhouette who had a rope tied around it's neck like a necklace. The silhouette was tied to the branch of the tree. She scrutinised the face and gasped.

"Mother?"

She saw her mother, hung on the branch of a tree. She was horrified by her dead mother drenched in blood, while the red substance dripped from her skin and fell to the floor like a raindrop.

"But... This can't be." She slowly swiveled her head away so as to no longer be disturbed by the sinister image. Though, the picture of her corpse still haunted her mind.

Sabrina ended up, encountering spikes which had a lot of bodies impaled. She covered her mouth as she scanned the faces.

Asha. Doctor Leandro. Yuki. Tatsuya.

"Come cry with me. Come die with me." Sabrina saw the girl, the one who sang the song, slowly slither towards her. She began to panick as fear overwhelmed her.

The girl had no eyes.

Sabrina glued her eyes shut, repeating the same words to herself.

"This isn't real. This isn't real. This isn't real. Someone's fucking with me." She pressed both palms to her ears as she continued.

She opened her eyes again, where pitch black greeted her. Her breaths quickened when she realized she was somewhere tight and cramped. She made an effort to pound her fist against darkness.

"Where the hell am I?" Sabrina was met by a narrow space, caged somewhere cold and dark, and alone.

"You're in a coffin." A familiar voice responded.

"Vladimir! Get me the hell out of here!" Sabrina yelled, pounding against the lid of the coffin again, desperately attempting to vacate the darkness.

"Why would I? Your future belongs in a coffin." His muffled voice travelled underground, reaching into her earshot.

Sabrina began to plead, slowly mixing it with her sobs. "Please. Please get me out."

"Fine."

Slightly relieved, Sabrina shrinked back and waited while there was a small ounce of doubt.

But to her surprise, Vladimir did open the coffin lid, granting her freedom from the darkness. Sabrina crawled her way out and up, vacating the casket as quick as possible.

"I did what you wanted." Vladimir sighed.

Sabrina dusted herself, patting out all the dirt and dust blanketing her body. Then, she faced Vladimir with furrowed eyebrows. "Vlad, it doesn't have to be this way. I'm offering you and I a chance to be friends. To be allies." She cautiously neared herself to him, hoping she had made impact to his emotions.

"I'm not Amelia but I'm trying to fix her mistakes." She added and released a sigh. "All this happened because of a misunderstanding-"

Vladimir whirled around, enraged and broken. He yelled at Sabrina, "You think you could fix something so broken already?!" His red eyes glared at her. "You played with me. You used me. You lied to me. Do you think I'm believing your game? Stop fucking pretending you're someone else!" Vladimir inched closer, she was drawing his attention.

Then, he slumped his shoulders. "Stop pretending." He clutched Sabrina's hand and pressed her palm to his chest. "And love me again like you used to." Vladimir peered at her, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "After that, everything will be at peace."

Sabrina's eyes watered in tears. She quickly yanked her hand away from him, wearing naked disgust. "No. I can't." She exhaled deeply. "I am not Amelia. I told you. I'm just another wolf, and I look like her."

Vladimir returned to his enraged state again. "We're back to this again. I'm getting tired of your games." He said then forced Sabrina back to her casket. Sabrina noticed a pendant in his pocket then she pulled it out.

"You used a Ruby Pendant on me." Sabrina said, looking at the pendant before throwing it at the ground and crushing it with her foot.

The pendant shattered, letting the surroundings around her ripple and making her and Vladimir zoom back near the battlefield.

Nearby, the ongoing wails, and cries, and chaos went on.

Vladimir unleashed his anger and lifted Sabrina from the ground then tossed her at the field before he grew his fingers with sharp claws. He scowled at her, his menacing red eyes trained on hers. Sabrina felt power surge through her body. She forced herself upwards, and prepared herself but she couldn't.

Vladimir had tackled her to the ground with a cry.

He drove his claw upwards before it came scything down on Sabrina. A few steps away was Divinity, who had just dismantled a head from its body. He saw Sabrina and quickly rushed towards her.

Vladimir knew Divinity was approaching so he made things quick.

"I love you Amelia, but tonight ends that." He said before thrusting his claws into her chest.

Time seemed to stop.

Vladimir looked down at his work with a satisfied smile.

All air was stolen from Sabrina's lungs. Then, she absorbed the situation. She had been stabbed in the chest. Vladimir did it again, and again, before he was dragged away by Divinity. Divinity surged towards Sabrina and dropped down to his knees, lifting one of her arms up from the ground and held her hand.

Vladimir watched for a moment before walking away and declared. "The wolf queen is dead!" He cried out victoriously and looked over his shoulder, his eyes focused on Sabrina's dying body. "At long last, I have overcome what's left of my feelings for you. You are gone and lost forever."

He extended both arms to his sides, taking away the mind control from what's left of the army, those who survived, and those who are dying.

The battle had halted.

Snowdust realized what was going on, and then her gaze was laid upon a dying Sabrina. She was frozen for a moment. Disbelief coursed through her body as she ran towards Sabrina and a weeping Divinity.

Asha, Serrina, and Hunter trailed after Snowdust's heels and stopped before Sabrina who slowly seeped out of life.

Snowdust knelt down opposite to Divinity and held Sabrina's other hand. Tears streamed down her face. "No, no, no, no. This can't be real." She pressed a palm to Sabrina's cheek. "Sabrina, please, you can't die. This is all just an imagination."

Divinity pursed his lips as he squeezed his eyes shut. What he feared the most, had happened, and the result was right before him.

Snowdust kept on, "Sabrina, come back to me." Her voice was shaky as she sobbed. "I can't lose another daughter." She buried her face on the abdomen of Sabrina, weeping. "I can't. This isn't happening."

Serrina and Hunter lowered their heads. Asha didn't bother stifling back her tears.

"I failed you." Snowdust said, and it was the truth. "No..." She glued her eyes shut. "You're still alive. I know it. This has got to be fake." She sobbed again, tears flowing down her cheeks like a river.

"Sabrina..." She mourned again.

Sabrina's eyes had finally closed as she completely sank into darkness.

Vladimir strode towards them, clapping. "This is the lifelong reward I always wanted to receive."

In an instant, Snowdust aimed her pistol at Vladimir and fired. Her bullet pierced through his shoulder. Snowdust's eyes were red with tears, her arm shuddering as it carried the pistol. Vladimir clasped his wounded shoulder and healed it, then smirked at Snowdust.

"Your kind is as good as dead." Vladimir said firmly.

Divinity was filled with rage, he rushed towards Vladimir and sent a punch across his face.

Vladimir chuckled lightly. "Amelia. Or let's go with the name you all prefer..." He smiled sinisterly. "Sabrina is dead now, and it's a fact."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35 2 29
Horror. Vampires. Love. Death
14 0 1
A vampire is being stalked by her ex lover, but there is more than meets the eye when she finds out why. They must meet witches, werewolves and a dem...
6 1 1
Love comes with many challenges. The biggest one of all may be loving each other for who they truly are...
709 3 9
This story takes place on a magical world inhabited by humans and a race of beings known as demons the two races are divided by a mysterious barrier...