don't get me wrong () prodiga...

By itsanothernobody

we're not born broken. people break us. prodigal son season one based on fox's tv show prodigal son STARTED ... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty

Thirty Five

3.2K 133 6
By itsanothernobody

Chapter Thirty Five:

"I can't find Gil." Theodora sighed, leaning against a glass window. JT nudged her away from it, looking into a room where the man sat in a metal chair. "What do we do now?"

"Let's just ask him a few questions." JT shrugged, "Get a base. Let's see how uncomfortable Bright can make Rodger."

Theodora dipped her head to the side, "His name is Rodger?"

He walked in first, ignoring her, Malcolm trailed behind but Theodora stayed put on the other side of the glass. She watched as JT leaned against the table, Malcolm on the other hand pulled out his phone and began taking picture after picture.

"Why am I here? I have rights." Rodger grumbled, "And my camera was undamaged when I came in here."

"Tell us about Tatiana. Why did she have a bunch of restraining orders on you?"

Theodora pursed her lips, JT sure was intimidating when he meant business.

"Those were all just misunderstandings—" Malcolm's phone flash went off and the man flinched, looking everywhere here but the camera. "I was doing my job. I'm a photo journalist, currently freelancing—" he stopped, raising his arms. "Do you mind!"

Malcolm was half on the table, eyes gazing at the other. "What? Sorry, is this uncomfortable? Intrusive? Offence?" He pushed himself up so he sat on it, then leaning closer. "A violation?"

"You stalked Tatiana for a living." JT added, "Called her in the middle of the night, sent obscene photos."

Malcolm scouted so he sat in the centre of the table, cross legged, the phone almost touching the man's face. "Are you proud of all that, Rodge?"

"All I wanted was to take her picture, and spend some time together."

Malcolm lowered the phone, "You cared about her."

"I loved her. I would never do something like this, I couldn't."

The phone raised again, another flash. "Did she love you too?"

"Stop it!" He yelled, "Just leave me out of it, talk to Axel!"

JT stood up straight, "And what's your beef with Axel?"

Rodger opened his mouth but ultimately shut it, shaking his head. "I can't— the guy is shady."

"If you have information about Axel that you're not telling us!" Malcolm glared.

JT slammed his hands onto the table, "What do you know!"

Theodora's eyes widened as the man seemed to crumble, his eyes telling a whole other story. "He can't say!" She ran in, causing them all the jump. "He can't say because he was stalking her when he saw something he shouldn't. You said she had a restraining order on you? If he admits it he'd be in violation of his court order."

Malcolm and JT shared a look, both glares in of itself while Rodger sent one her way.

"You said you loved her, Rodger." Malcolm stated, "You said it like you meant it."

"I did." He stuttered.

"When you love someone you'll do anything for them. Even if it hurts you. That's love."

Rodger was sweating, beads of it dripped down his forehead. "Lawyer." He whispered. "I want to see my lawyer."

JT sighed while Malcolm finally leaned back, resting his head against a hand. After minutes of uncomfortable silence she grabbed ahold of his arm and yanked him off the table, "Get off of there. You already made the guy want to jump out of the window, jeez. Let's go, out!"

She nudged him towards the door, pointing at JT to follow. "Come on. Everybody out. Well, expect you Rodger. Sorry."

The door slammed shut, JT shook his head. "What if he's the guy?"

"He's not." Theodora shook her head, "I think he's just a normal stalker."

Someone coughed and they all turned to see Gil, "Bright, I need you in my office."

He motioned for both her and JT to stay, which they did. When the door to his office closed on the other side of the room, JT let out a breath. "He's getting fired."

"What?" She whacked his arm, "Don't say that. If I last longer than him it'll be a miracle. For me at least, not for him."

He huffed, "Rodger's off. He's lying."

"Clearly."

"Gil won't be happy."

Theodora sighed, "I'll go talk to him."

"What makes you think he'll talk if it's just you?"

"Axel said he'd think about it. He stopped by, didn't he?"

She slipped through the door, giving Rodger a small smile before taking a seat across from him.

"I'm Theodora." She nodded, "I'm sorry about the guys. Ones a little weird and the other is super intense."

He said nothing, just stared anywhere but her.

"You don't have to tell me anything about that night or Axel." She told him, "Maybe just talk about Tatiana? What was she like?"

His gaze flickered to hers for just a moment, "He can hear?"

"Yes. But he can't use anything against you. I won't let him."

There was bang on the glass, and she glanced at it with an eye roll.

Rodger pursed his lips, rubbing his eyes. "I-I... I know I shouldn't of done it."

"Done what?"

"Watch her. Follow her."

"Stalker activities?" She questioned, earning a glare. "No? Ok, continue."

"She was so nice. The kindest person I had ever met, and she talked to me. It was my job, and then..." he shook his head, "I can't say."

"It's fine." Theodora nodded, "What else did you like about her?"

"She was beautiful. Both ways, soul and physical."

Theodora held back a snort, covering her mouth and nodding. He noticed and immediately stopped talking, lips forming a straight line.

"That was my fault." She nodded, "Can I ask something else? Not about Tatiana."

He was hesitant, but nodded.

"Why after I ran into you, did you take my picture?"

Rodger shifted in his seat, "Um. I-"

"It's fine. We're cool, I'm just curious."

"You remind me of her."

Her brows knitted together, "Of who?"

"Tatiana."

"How?

There was a faint knock on the glass, but Theodora was truly curious to this man's answer.

"The way you smiled when you apologized. You had just been run into and yet your whole face lit up, as if you didn't let it get to you." He sighed, "When she smiled, her whole face lit up. She had the most beautiful smile. Both of you—"

The door swung open and Malcolm's head peaked in, "That's enough of that. Come on, Theo. We got work to do."

Theodora stood up, bid Rodger goodbye and raced from the room. JT raised an eyebrow at her, "That was super weird."

"Rodger definitely isn't our guy. But he sure is a whole bag of creepy."

"You just attract the weirdos, don't you?"

"Hey." Malcolm huffed, "I'm right here."

"At least you're accepting it, now." JT clapped him on the back as he walked away, "I'll be throwing you a firing party!"

Malcolm shook his head, "I wasn't fired." He looked down at her, "He just wanted to know what we asked him. About my profile."

"I'm assuming Axel is the number one suspect."

"Right now, yes."

She nodded, "What are we supposed to do now?"

The look he gave her was ridiculous, one of those extremely disappointing looks mixed with the look of stupidity. "You would've never gotten through an interview with the F.B.I."

She crossed her arms, "Well, I didn't apply so whatever. I wouldn't of wanted to work with your smart ass, anyways."

Malcolm chuckled, "Drinks?"

"Huh?"

"I'll pay." He began walking towards the stairwell, avoiding the elevator where a sea of police officers pooled from. She scrambled after him, "You should not be drinking."

"I shouldn't be doing a lot of things, Theo." He stopped, waiting for her to approach him then grabbed ahold of her hand. "Let's go. You're a slow walker."

"I am not."

He rolled his eyes, "I'll buy you food."

"Deal." She said instantly, earning another look from him. "Hey, you're the one with the rich family and the money."

He said nothing, only lead her to his car. They both got in and were on the road. Ten minutes in Theodora noticed they were close to Tatiana's apartment, her mind clicking the pieces together. They were on a stake out, for who she didn't know. But right now she didn't care, the only thing on her mind was food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 186 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬�...
28.1K 846 24
Please go to my new/ updated version of this story:) TW// suggestive dialogue, blood, gore, death, weapons, crime, and sexual behavior Started: Dece...
71.1K 1.8K 48
𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘓𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯...
17.9K 699 11
ᴄᴀʀʟ ɢʀɪᴍᴇꜱ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ᴏᴄ ♢ 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫. ♢ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡...