Be My Mistake (2YEON)

By nojambrostan

Yoo Jeongyeon, a senior in college who suddenly fell in love with her best friend without noticing. Will she... More

...
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv (M)
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii (M)
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi (1)
A/N :)
Not an Epilogue

xxxvii (2)

5K 157 51
By nojambrostan

Jeongyeon's POV

My eyes wandered outside the window trying to figure out where exactly we are going. As I noticed some familiar buildings, then I knew where we were heading.

I didn't say anything at first and made Nayeon lead the way. I observed her driving skills and she was indeed great at it. Despite the traffic and sudden stops we had, she was still calm and relax. 

"We're here," she parked the car.

"Why are you taking me here?" I asked.

"Because I want to. And I'm done with my date with you." She laughed a bit. We both went out of the car and she handed me a hot pack to keep me warm.

We're exactly at the mountain top where she and I had our movie date before. We both love this place and I'm glad she decided to take me here. And I can't help but feel more excited about this date.

It took us almost half an hour just to reach the mountain top as I felt I was in bad shape to climb up these numerous stairs.

"Come on, Jeongie. Since when did you lose your stamina?" She asked while I was panting for my breath.

"I'm not in good shape to be in this situation, Nayeon. Plus, I still feel sick after last night's drink." I said while heaving for air as I took every step.

Nayeon just laughed off as she teased me with my bad condition.

When we finally arrived, I saw Nayeon threw her arms up and inhaled the cold air welcoming us.

"I miss this," she uttered while captivated by the city lights of Seoul in front of us.

"Yeah, me too," I responded after drinking a whole bottle of water.

Nayeon and I sat on a bench located near the edge of the mountain to have a perfect view of the city.

I know we had this kind of bond before but now's different since I'm already into her and my attention is all on her. However, deep down I still wish everything we have right now would escalate into another level. So she could actually feel my true feelings towards her.

We both got silent as we watch the city lights in our sight and admired its great scenery. She tangled her arms on mine and rested her head on my shoulder.

I slowly moved my head and placed on top of hers as I wanted to be closer to her.

"I love this," I muttered under my breath and knowing she could hear me.

"Me too," I didn't expect her to answer.

"Nayeon?" I took a deep breath first and maybe tell her everything about how I really feel.

I'm confused in both ways if I should tell her or not. I'm aware that everything could actually be changed if we didn't get to work this out. But I want to risk everything for her. I realized that she's my everything and I can't lose her this time.

"I want to tell you something," I held my breath trying to calm myself first because this will be hella confession I'll be doing.

"Wait," she stopped me. "Before that."

Then I heard a loud explosion in the sky that made me flinch. There were fireworks spreading in front of us that made me squeal in amusement. A sea of colors was flashing in front of us. My eyes were in awe witnessing the fireworks display. It's been a while since I get to see this again. It made me bring back my childhood how I love the feeling of watching this view.

"Surprise," she said with her widest smile. "There's a fireworks festival happening in the city. That's why I brought you here to see this."

I looked away from the fireworks display to see her. My mouth was half opened in amusement of her sweetest gesture. "Thank you, Nayeon. I mean really, thank you. I love it." I told her in complete excitement in my voice.

"I'm glad you love it," she held my arm again and watched the fireworks with me.

The sky was indeed the prettiest tonight. Aside from having this girl beside me, it was admittedly the best night of my life. And thanks to Nayeon.

Reality hit me so hard that a tear fell on my cheek knowing that I'm in love with this person clinging on me. I can't deny the fact that she's the person I've been looking for and I can't contain my happiness of how lucky I feel because she's been with me all along.

"Nayeon," I called her name again. This time I was firmed and took all my courage to confess to her my true feelings. Coincidently, the fireworks display was done after a certain period.

"Jeongyeon," she did the same.

I moved myself a little to see her, "I have something to say to you."

"Ani, let me talk first." She cut me off. "Jeongyeon, I want to let you know how much I appreciate and admire you so much. We've been best friends for years now and I couldn't be happier having you in my life. However, recently, I just discovered how my feelings grew more towards you. Yes, I admit, I was jealous and heartbroken when you finally asked Mina to be your girlfriend. It was the reason why I moved out in our room and avoid you for a long time. And I'm sorry about that. I just couldn't bear the thought and picture out that you're with Mina and I had to endure the pain deeply just to have myself healed."

After hearing Nayeon, I never felt so dumb and stupid in my entire life.

"But," she continued, "I'm just glad everything went well than I expected. I didn't know you would end things with Mina despite the consequences you might encounter. I may sound selfish and egotistical but I'm happy you broke up with her to be true to your feelings and chose me."

I didn't notice I smiled unconsciously to myself. "Nayeon, I-"

"Nope, it's still my time to talk." I pouted as she stated and nodded to let her proceed.

"Jeongyeon, maybe you're wondering why we had that breakfast this morning and now I brought you here in one of our favorite places." She paused and I felt like I was obliged to respond that's why I nodded in return.

"Like what I said, I want to start the day with you and I want to end it with you. Now, let me ask you one thing. And I'm sure of myself to ask you this. I'm no longer thinking twice and have doubts about myself anymore. And I'm betting my all just to ask you this,"

My heart was beating so loud and fast that anytime soon I can feel like it'll explode.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Jeongyeon?"

Nayeon's question made me stopped breathing for like 5 seconds and I can't move my mouth as I was surprised and overwhelmed with her question.

I didn't get to answer her first as I tried composing my head and myself on how to respond to her question perfectly. For fuck's sake, Jeongyeon! Answer her already! I was already fighting with myself while Nayeon was patiently waiting while holding my hand tightly.

I let out an exhale and smile widely, "Why wouldn't I? Of course, Nayeon. It'll be an honor to be your girlfriend." I laughed nervously as I can feel my body shaking from the excitement and mixed emotions I am having.

Nayeon's expression changed and threw herself on me with a tight hug. Like I literally fell on my back at the bench and her weight was on top of mine.

"Yes!" She faked a sobbing sound, "I thought you were gonna reject. You literally stopped breathing and your face looked so confused." She uttered while hugging me and her head was on my chest.

"I was surprised." I chuckled, "I just can't believe you did all of this and asked me tonight." I straighten up my body and we both sat side to side. I faced her and cupped her squishy cheeks as she pouted. "Im Nayeon, I cannot explain how happy and grateful I am to have you. I thought we both would end up like Tom and Summer but my assumptions were wrong and I'm glad you made up your mind. Thank you for everything. I'll do my best to be a great girlfriend and I'll still be your best friend. I know I am not perfect and I may have my lapses, but I know you'll always be there to guide and help me grow. And I'll do the same for you." I smiled watching her getting teary with my speech.

"Saranghae," I whispered as I contact my eyes on hers. "I love you, Nayeon."

I moved her face towards mine and locked ourselves for a perfect and indulging kiss. The fireworks we both witnessed earlier was nothing compared to this kiss I have with her. My insides were raging in pure delight and my heart can't stop its normal pace while having Nayeon on my lips. My stomach was filled with butterflies that I never thought I'd be having. This is the perfect kiss that I wanted to experience and I'm thrilled to have it with her.

"I love you too, Jeongyeon. Always." 

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1K 44
Chaeyoung sadly looks down. "When I left for Europe five years ago... I think my heart wasn't with me. I think I left my heart here in Korea. And it...
22.2K 1.2K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...
46.3K 1.6K 62
Y/n is a normal school girl, who adores TWICE so much, they are her happiness, her cure. Thinking how can she get a better life. What will happen if...
18.3K 809 27
Mina, after a heartbreak, started to write a book on this online app for aspiring writers. Getting positive feedback from her readers she was startin...