Night's Wrath (Black Clover x...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Demons have long since existed, lurking in the shadows of the land. The unity of man and demon was always hel... More

Prologue - Night's Fall
Ex. Page | OC Codex (I)
Ex. Page | OC Codex (II)
1st Page: Nightfall's Beginning
2nd Page: Catalyst
3rd Page: The Monster Within
4th Page: The Quest Begins
5th Page: Mettle
6th Page: The Black Bulls
7th Page: Fade to Black
8th Page: Rampant Silver
9th Page: First Mission
10th Page: A Mission to Remember
11th Page: Arsenal
12th Page: A Visit to Home
13th Page: Dungeon Diving
14th Page: Showdown
15th Page: Advent
16th Page: Battle of Ancients
17th Page: The Hidden Ruins
18th Page: Legacy of Time
19th Page: Time Reaper
20th Page: Decoration Ceremony
21st Page: I'll Protect Them
22nd Page: Capital Defense
23rd Page: Undead Liberation
24th Page: Clash
25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion
26th Page: Falling Night
27th Page: Relations
28th Page: Meeting the Princess
29th Page: Date with the Elements
30th Page: Disastrous Visit
31st Page: Waning Light
32nd Page: Void Unleashed
33rd Page: Aftermath
34th Page: Traitor
36th Page: A Black Beach
37th Page: Into the Temple!
38th Page: Rising Tides
39th Page: Turning the Tide
40th Page: The Temple's Strongest
41st Page: Amidst Despair
42nd Page: Battle of the Beasts
43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork
44th Page: The Sea Goddess
45th Page: The Blaze Queen
46th Page: Our Path Forward
47th Page: Returning Home
48th Page: The Battle for Kiten
49th Page: Suspicion
50th Page: Stasis
?? Page: Altered Fates
51st Page: Brothers' Blues
52nd Page: In the Outskirts
53rd Page: Into the Manor
54th Page: Lost in Time
55th Page: Conflict Across Time
56th Page: Scattered
57th Page: Echoing Rumbles
58th Page: Illuminated
59th Page: As Time Shifts

35th Page: Squad Mission

7.4K 164 175
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Magic Knights HQ,
Underground Prison

A tense atmosphere hung in the air, the previous declaration hanging heavily over the inhabitants of the room.

"There is a traitor among you who is working alongside the Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists."

Julius' words rang across the minds of all the Captains, surprise plastered on their faces. One of the Captains, the highest level of Magic Knights...was a traitor?

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun is led by a man named Licht, who owns a Four-Leaf Grimoire. They are a terrorist group of whom Licht formed six years ago, and they hold a grudge against the Clover Kingdom. They have about fifty mages who are members in their ranks. Among them, there is Licht, their leader, as well as the three they call the Third Eye: Raia the Disloyal, Vetto the Despair, and Fana the Hateful. These three are much stronger than any of the other members. They all hold a very deep grudge against the Clover Kingdom, and they use that to justify their terroristic actions, and their endgame is to form an independent country of their own. In addition to that, the Seven Specialists seem to have been hired for this, despite their refusal to get involved in large-scale actions before now. Led by Arran, we know that three of the Seven are working with the Eye of the Midnight Sun. As for the other four, their locations are still unknown, though I feel as if they won't make an appearance in this. Most likely, they're dividing their forces and attacking the other three Kingdom's as well. That about covers everything, doesn't it?" Julius summarized, going over all the currently known details of the incursion caused by both the Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists. Something told him all the Specialists wouldn't take part in this conflict, and Julius was quite confident in his ability to foretell things.

"Yes." George and Catherine, who were still held captive by [Memoir Absolu], lifelessly replied. Due to the spell cast on them, they were incapable of lying or withholding details.

"However, this is still the most important detail. I've learned that amongst you, there is a traitor working with the Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists." Julius smiled impassively, seemingly neither joyful nor angry. It was pretty hard to tell what he was thinking.

Despite having heard it before, surprise once more passed through all the Captains. How were they suddenly supposed to accept one of them was a traitor?! More importantly, how would they know who the traitor was?

"What?! Among the C-C-Captains?!" Rill stuttered, surprise coloring his face.

"...As much as I hate to say it, it's not like I didn't see this coming." Rin narrowed her eyes, but she held her suspicions to herself. It wasn't as if she knew who the traitor was, so she wasn't going to start pointing anyone out.

"I knew it." Nozel's eyes glazed over frostily, the situation beginning to make sense. There was no way the assault could've gone as it did with all the barrier mages in place, unless, there was inside interference.

Jack giggled to himself as he eyed his fellow Captains, some amusement shown in his eyes.

"Who could it be?" Charlotte glanced around the room, looking at all the other Captains gathered within. One of them was against the rest?

Gueldre laughed creepily as he looked around, glancing from Captain to Captain. William observed silently, as did Yami, the two gazing at their fellow Captains.

Dorothy seemed to be in a world of her own, blissfully asleep and seemingly unaware of the situation around her.

"..." (Y/N) observed all the Captains, though he couldn't see a trace of panic show up on anyone's face. Even the smallest movement, he would've noticed.

"They really are Captains. Even when their cover is blown, they won't flinch at the sudden reveal. I'll find out which one of you is the traitor..." (Y/N) thought to himself, closing his eyes as his Grimoire floated before him, summoning Phantasm, (Y/N) garnering some eyes as he grasped the blades' hilt.

"And I'll snuff you out myself." (Y/N) growled inwardly, though he kept his grip on Phantasm, not that the Captains seemed to mind all that much.

"Because of you...Captain Fuegoleon was..." Asta seethed beside (Y/N), seemingly sharing his anger, though he didn't go as far as to summon up his blade. One of the figures he'd come to respect, Fuegoleon, was debilitated because one of the other Captains betrayed the Kingdom...! Just how could he not be angry?!

"Why...?! Why would you betray us?!" Asta grit his teeth, looking at all the Captains before him. One of them was an enemy, eight of them were allies. Which one would be the enemy, however, he didn't know.

Julius smiled helplessly, feeling a pang of despair within himself for an instant, before he shook his head. As the Wizard King, betrayal wasn't something he was allowed to fall to.

"Now, then, would you kindly tell me which one of these Captains is the traitor who aided the Eye of the Midnight Sun?" Julius turned to the two captives behind him, inquiring.

Surprise passed through all the Captains faces. Did these two know who the traitor was?!

"Tell me their name." Julius continued, his face now having a serious glint.

"It's..." George and Catherine spoke up, lifeless eyes wandering over the group.

(Y/N) sucked in a breath of cold air, a drop of sweat forming on his face as he awaited the answer, as with all the Captains.

"The Captain of the Purple Orcas, Gueldre Poizot." The two hypnotized Midnight Sun mages revealed, shock passing through all the Captains.

Especially the supposed traitor himself.

"W-what?! Impossible! What are you talking about?!" Gueldre denied, his eyes widened as his fellow Captains took steps back from him.

"Th-they're terrorists that attacked our beloved nation! You'd actually believe what they're saying?! As if I would ever betray the Clover Kingdom!" Gueldre plead, looking around in a daze at his other Captains.

"I'd rather not say this, but I've heard a few dark rumors about you." Charlotte perked up, her eyes gazing coldly at Gueldre.

"It's not just a few. We've heard many." Nozel corrected, stepping up a bit as he glared at his fellow "Captain."

"W-what?! Really?" Rill asked, surprised. How had he never heard any of these rumors?!

"Come to think of it, I've heard plenty of rumors like that." Yami added, Dorothy beside him sleeping soundly. She, still, seemed unaware of the situation.

Gueldre recoiled as his fellow Captains spoke up, his eyes revealing a hint of nervousness.

"Apparently, they weren't all false." Charlotte spoke, disappointment in her voice. Out of respect for her fellow Captain, she had regarded the rumors as falsities. It seemed, however, that they did contain some strains of truth.

"I know you were probably up to something sketchy, but this is just..." Even Jack seemed disappointed, looking at Gueldre as if he was an eyesore.

"Mhm. You've got quite the reputation behind your status as a Captain, Gueldre." Rin hummed, her aquamarine colored eyes staring holes into the supposed traitor.

"Don't be ridiculous! This- this has to be some kind of mistake!" Gueldre denied, waving his hands in outrage.

"I know! They're trying to frame me as a traitor! They just want to get rid of a Captain to make the job easier!" Gueldre pointed out, trying to make his fellow Captains see reason.

"They're only telling me what they know. Plain and simple." Marx instantly shut down his thoughts, stunning Gueldre.

"Information obtained with my memory exchange magic is absolute." Marx added in resolutely, fully confident in the abilities of his magic. Any and all details received from it were the undeniable truth, no doubt about it.

"You heard him, Hard Ham." Yami spoke clearly, Gueldre taking a step back.

"I'm not hard!" Gueldre shot back, though he seemed a bit panicked.

"Just calm down. Why not just let the guy with the bow cut look at your memories? If you're really a clean ham, that is." Yami smirked a bit, taking his cigarette out of his mouth. He seemed amused by the entire play.

"I agree with everything other than what you called me. If you're truly innocent, there should be no problems." Marx added in, looking at Gueldre seriously. If the Captain was truly clean, there would be no following issues with looking at his memories.

"Well, I-I..."

"What are you hesitating for? Aren't you a great Magic Knight Captain? This should be nothing for you, right?" (Y/N) spoke coolly, his tone hiding his underlying suspicion and anger.

"Yeah. What the kid said. You a teenage boy or something?" Yami teased, a smirk on his face. Gueldre took another step back, nervousness beginning to show on his face.

"You're being pretty suspicious with all this resistance." Rin frowned, not sure why the Captain seemed so hesitant to prove his own innocence.

"You're being unsightly." Charlotte scolded, her tone harsh as her eyes glared at Gueldre coldly. As of now, she wasn't completely sure whether he was friend or foe, but he was only making it harder to believe he was still a friend.

"You will pay for betraying the Kingdom with your death." Nozel coldly remarked, a hint of fury in his eyes as he glared at Gueldre. Because of him, his rival was...

"So it really is you...because of you, Captain Fuegoleon was..." Asta yelled in anger, (Y/N) beside him staring forward with an impassive look on his face. However, hidden behind his composed attitude was his anger of the situation.

"No! This must be some kind of trap! I'll clear my name! This is a strategic retreat!" Gueldre took a step back, his Grimoire shining brightly in front of him.

"[Transparency Creation Magic: Invisible Great Mage!]" Gueldre casted his spell, his body beginning to blur into invisibility.

"[Phantasmal Bind.]" Suddenly, black chains burst out of the ground and ensnared the Captain, his magic fading as he became fully visible once more.

"So this is what a great Captain is? Running at the first sign of danger? I guess those rumors were exaggerated." (Y/N) spoke coldly, unearthing his blade as he walked up in front of Gueldre, aiming his blade at his face.

"W-what is this?! What did you do to my magic?!" Gueldre panicked, struggling against the binds.

"Don't bother. You won't be able to break those." (Y/N) coldly stared at Gueldre, several emotions flashing through his eyes.

"What was it? What made it worth to betray the Kingdom? Just what did they offer you for your cooperation?" (Y/N) inquired, his tone calm, yet the anger beneath it seemed to blend in excellently.

"I-I didn't betray the Kingdom!" Gueldre shot back, desperately trying to get out of the black chains that ensnared him. Yet, despite his attempts, he could do nothing as the chains refused to budge.

"If you didn't betray the Kingdom, then why do you want to escape those chains so much?" (Y/N) smirked a bit. At this point, though he knew that the chains would disappear in a bit, he had no doubt the other Captains would be able to capture him.

"I-I..." Gueldre stuttered, though suddenly the chains around him dissipated, his gaze hardening as his Grimoire shone brightly once more.

"Won't be caught here! [Transparency Creation Magic: Invisible Great Mage!]" Gueldre vanished, making (Y/N)'s eyes widen, though he swung Phantasm at the place where Gueldre stood moments before.

"[Void Lightning Magic: Whirlwind Flash Slashes!]" (Y/N)'s sword blurred, sending dozens of void lightning slashes crashing around the room, only for them to crash into the walls, having seen no sign of the invisible Captain.

"I didn't hit him? Isn't his magic simply invisibility?!" (Y/N)'s eyes opened wide in surprise, having seen no sign of the Captain even with his volley of attacks.

"He disappeared?!" Asta exclaimed in shock, seeing the Captain simply vanish. Moreover, (Y/N)'s dozen attacks had all missed to reveal him?! What kind of invisibility was that?

"He's actually trying to get away? This just got real." Yami grunted, holding the hilt of his katana. An annoyed look formed on his face when he realized he'd probably need to chase the man down.

"Not good. His [Transparency Magic] makes him vanish, as well as allow all spells to pass through him for a set amount of time." Charlotte informed, summoning her thorn-blade as she looked around, trying to catch any misplaced detail.

"Essentially, we have no way to catch him right now." Rin summed up, a finger on her chin as she tried to figure out a way to combat the magic.

"What kind of broken magic is that?!" (Y/N) cursed, trying to find any fluctuations of mana, though he couldn't see anything different. Damn, did that spell also mask his mana?!

This was just unfair!

"[Transparency Creation Magic: Invisible Troops.] Hold them back for me!" Gueldre, who was shrouded by his magic, casted his next spell, invisible soldiers manifesting in the room, though it seemed as if the soldiers' mana wasn't hidden.

Rushing at the nearest Captain, one of the soldiers slashed at Nozel, who created an orb of mercury around himself, blocking the attack in its tracks.

Just as fast, a stream of mercury shot from the side of the orb, slamming into the invisible soldier and sending it flying, dissipating the magic as it crashed into a wall.

"That speed and strength...looks like I was wrong! The Captains are really just as powerful as I'd heard!" (Y/N) felt a smirk creep up to his face, wondering just how it would feel to have that much expertise with magic and strategy to plan out such a move. At that moment, although he didn't quite get along with Nozel, he certainly respected his strength.

Not intending on missing out, Charlotte and Rin both went to action. The blonde haired beauty whipped her thorn-blade towards the invisible soldiers' mana locations, spiking through them and dissipating them.

Rin waved her hand before her, several orbs of [Astral Magic] tearing through the soldiers, reducing their numbers once more.

Seeing the Captains distracted with his troops, Gueldre, who was beside the door to the room, which was slightly ajar, laughed quietly to himself before escaping, closing the door silently.

However, two people had noticed.

"Get back here!"

"Don't run!"

(Y/N) and Asta both shouted, storming out of the door and chasing the invisible traitor. Despite having no definite way to find the Captain, (Y/N) payed close attention to any details on the ground. As long as Gueldre was still on the floor, his movements would at least cause some change to the ground, allowing (Y/N) to roughly pinpoint his position. However, he glanced at Phantasm in an unsure manner. Would it be capable of hitting the Captain? He wasn't quite sure if the blade was hailed as physical or magic, so he didn't know if it was a viable tool.

"There's no end to them." Rin remarked with a sigh, lightly shaking her hand as several spikes of [Astral Magic] shot out from around her, stabbing through several invisible soldiers that attempted to attack her.

"Ehh?! Dorothy, this isn't a time to sleep!" Rill nervously pointed out, retreating a bit and sending some of his own [Paint Magic] to intercept some of the soldiers. Despite how many they'd taken down, they had no idea just how many soldiers were left.

A stream of green flashed through the area, Jack giggling to himself as he slashed through several soldiers, his magic instantly dissipating the soldiers.

"Kekeke, what are we gonna do? We can't catch him if we can't see him." Jack remarked, jumping forward and slashing with an arc of [Severing Magic], making short work of the soldiers.

"Yami." William spoke up, seeing that Yami didn't take any action.

"There's nothing to worry about." Yami felt a small smirk begin to form on his face. He had surprisingly reliable and convenient Squad members with him in this situation.

"Those two kids will be more than enough to at least stall that guy. We can take our leisurely time." Yami informed, taking his cigarette out of his mouth as the smirk on his face widened.

It was just not Gueldre's day.

With Gueldre,
Magic Knight's HQ

"I'm not going to get caught by the likes of you! My magic is invincible! I used this power to climb up the ranks, becoming a Captain! I accumulated my wealth on the way up, becoming a wealthy merchant! I am a great mage who has both power and wealth!" Gueldre recalled to himself, seeing as the area in front of him light up, showing the outside as he stormed out of the tunnel leading to the underground prison.

"I won't let it end here!" Gueldre thought thought to himself with conviction, running out of the tunnel and his Grimoire floated in front of him.

"I'll rise again and again with my business talent and power! I won't get caught here-!"

"Don't run! Haaaaaa!"

A voice pierced through Gueldre's thoughts, Asta slashing at him with the Demon-Slayer Sword, uncloaking the Captain as (Y/N) brandished Kronos' Arc, having decided to test if [Timeless Strike] would be capable of surpassing the evasion provided by the transparency magic. He had used the scythe to launch Asta forward, seeing as how Asta could sense "Ki", though (Y/N) couldn't.

"Wh-what?! H-how! You shouldn't have been able to see me!" Gueldre shouted in shock, Asta stomping his foot on the ground as (Y/N) ran up beside him.

"H-how?! How were you able to attack me?!" Gueldre asked, stunned as he saw the two Black Bulls Magic Knights.

Below, with the Captains,
Underground Prison

"Hard Ham is able to hide his magical powers, but not his ki. And since the Anti-Magic sword isn't magical, it'll work against him. The other kid wields a weapon that ignores all resistance, also allowing him to attack him. It just isn't Hard Ham's day." Yami smirked, his fellow Captains looking at him in surprise. He had some pretty capable Squad members.

"It just seems like a kid who ignores all defenses and an anti-magic kid who can read ki just make a killer pair against him." Yami continued, informing the other Captains. Asta could dispel all magic, and Gueldre's [Transparency Magic] was not an exception. In conjunction with this, (Y/N) could hold the Captain at bay for quite some time. He had no doubt the two would get the job done.

Above, with (Y/N) and Asta,
Magic Knight's HQ Courtyard

"Haaaa!" Asta yelled as he leaped at Gueldre, swinging the Demon-Slayer Sword at the Captain, intending to end the battle quickly. Because of his betrayal, Captain Fuegoleon, a figure Asta respected very much, was wounded severely during the attack on Kikka! He'd never forgive him for that!

"Don't mock me! I'm a Magic Knight Captain! You magicless peasant!" Gueldre shouted in disdain, summoning more invisible soldiers, the troops charging at Asta.

"[Void Flame Magic: Scorching Blades, Infernal Vortex!]" (Y/N) twirled Kronos' Arc in his hands, slashing the scythe forward as several blades rocketed towards Gueldre's invisible soldiers, imploding on the troops and dissipating them. Rebounding his scythe, (Y/N) slashed the blade into the ground as a sphere of blackish-white flames blazed towards Gueldre, engulfing the Captain in an inferno of void flames.

"So awesome! I really wish I had magic!" Asta complimented his foster brother gleefully, seeing that his attacks managed to repel the Captain.

"Idiots! Your magic can't hurt me! I'm invulnerable to all magic!" Gueldre glared at the two young Magic Knights in disdain, his body transparent as the flames died down.

"Tch. I don't have time to deal with you peasants! I'll take my leave for now!" Gueldre turned around, though a sword flew past him, scratching his body as the invisibility faded off of him, revealing a small stream of blood on the side of his body.

The Demon-Dweller Sword crashed into the ground a little distance away from Gueldre, creating a crash as the surprisingly heavy blade collided with the pavement.

"Don't run! The Captains that we admire so much would never run from something like this!" Asta shouted in a fury, glaring at the traitorous Captain.

Without a word, (Y/N) leaped at Gueldre, his scythe overhead as he crashed it down towards the Captain, though Gueldre managed to barely move his body out of the way, the scythe crashing into the floor and creating a smokescreen from the impact, dust reducing the visibility of the situation.

(Y/N) slashed harshly into the air, dispelling the cloud of dust as he then stabbed Kronos' Arc into the ground, sending a stream of flames rushing at Gueldre.

"Grah! As if I would allow myself to be belittled by kids! If you want to die so bad, I'll give you your wish!" Gueldre snapped, his Grimoire shining brightly as he glared at the two Black Bulls Knights.

A wave of mana intercepted the surging flames, fizzling them out as (Y/N) jumped back a bit, falling back to beside Asta.

"You ready...? We'll be facing a Magic Knight Captain...as much as I hate to admit it, he's the toughest enemy we'll have ever faced. I might not have time to help you, and vice versa." (Y/N) smirked, addressing Asta as the ash-blonde haired boy grinned.

"Let's go!" Asta shouted, (Y/N) grinning in return as the two sprinted towards Gueldre, splitting up as dozens of invisible troops manifested throughout the courtyard, intending to stop the two's advance.

"[Void Ice Magic: Frost Rage!]" (Y/N) chanted as a pillar of frost formed around Kronos' Arc, swiping the scythe forward as a wave of void ice tore through several knights.

Brandishing the blade, a galaxy of stars surrounded (Y/N) as his scythe flashed, slashing wildly all around him, various knights' dissipating from the sheer attack power behind Kronos' Arc.

"What is that scythe? Even without any augmentation magic, it can slash through my troops as if they were nothing!" Gueldre felt a cold sweat form on his face, watching as (Y/N) tore through his invisible troops. Despite the invisible soldiers, (Y/N) still steadily gained ground on the Captain.

Asta also slowly gained ground, his Anti-Magic swords being no worse against his troops, the blade severing the connections between the troops and Gueldre's mana, instantly dissipating them.

"Don't get cocky! [Transparency Creation Magic: Shrouded Barrage!]" Gueldre scoffed, using his magic on several large boulders nearby, turning them invisible and launching them at the two Knights.

"As if!" Asta roared in defiance, reading the ki of the boulders, using both his natural strength and the weight of the Demon-Slayer Sword to crush through the boulders.

"[Timeless Strike.]" (Y/N) muttered as he leaped off the ground, a silver glow encompassing Kronos' Arc's blade as he slashed the scythe through the invisible boulders. Though he couldn't see them, Gueldre's spells didn't hide the mana of the affected objects.

One was a boy who could read ki and wielded anti-magic, the bane to almost all magic, and the other was a boy who could read the flow of the mana, not to mention ignore the evasion provided by the invisible magic.

"Just give up! I'm not letting you get away!" (Y/N) shouted, stomping on the floor, leaving a few cracks as he leaped at the Captain, slashing down at him once more, this time blackish-red lightning sparking around his scythe.

"Ha!" (Y/N) roared as he slammed the scythe down on the Captain, Gueldre grunting as he flew back a dozen meters, though he managed to stabilize himself and not fall.

The prowess of a Magic Knight Captain severely trumped (Y/N) and Asta's, even if the two worked together.

There was one iron-clad rule among all mages.

As long as one was a mage of peerless quality, it wouldn't matter how many lower-quality mages tried. It would simply be nigh-impossible to defeat them. That was the truth the magic of the world followed.

"I've grown bored of this! You peasants can just die here! [Transparency Magic: Invisible Cavalry Charge!]" Gueldre casted his spell, his Grimoire lighting up as several horsemen, wielding mighty lances manifested upon similarly invisible horses, charging at the two young Mages.

(Y/N) grinned, tightening his grip on Kronos' Arc, glancing at Asta as the two nodded in unison, charging at the hordes of invisible soldiers. Asta senses them with his ki, allowing him to somewhat keep up with the knights, whilst (Y/N)'s excellent mana detection and inhuman reaction speed allowed him to gain an edge over the soldiers.

"Clang! Clang! Clang!" (Y/N) swung Kronos' around himself swiftly, slashing through all the opponents with [Timeless Strike], cleaving through the hordes of invisible cavalry.

"Haaaaa!" On the other hand, a contrast to (Y/N)'s swift but deadly attacks, Asta used the force of his sword to slash through the soldiers, spinning with his blade as he turned into a mini-tornado of black, tearing through the soldiers. His anti-magic slashed effortlessly through the invisible troops, though he didn't quite manage to gain any ground, the sheer amount of soldiers forcing him back a bit.

"Woah!" (Y/N) jumped into the air, several cavalrymen stabbing their lances towards where he was previously, before one of the knights reared it's arm back, rocketing it forth as it's lance flew towards (Y/N), making the boy wince from the force of the attack, as despite having blocked it with Kronos' Arc, the brunt of the attack sent him flying, subsequently crashing him into a building.

"(Y/N)! Ragghhhhh!" Asta shouted worriedly, before slashing at several cavalrymen, however, their advantage in range with their lances quickly forced him back as more and more horsemen attacked him, eventually overrunning Asta.

In an instant, the soldiers turned the tide as Gueldre laughed to himself, watching as the two were blasted away by the soldiers. Alone, they weren't a big threat, but when they began to accumulate, the soldiers would work in harmony and quickly force the enemy to retreat.

"[Void Ice Magic: Frozen Realm, Dragon's Frost Talon!]" (Y/N) jumped out of the rubble of the building he'd crashed into, stabbing the scythe downward as he crashed into the floor, a circular storm of ice encompassing and freezing dozens of horsemen, though (Y/N) didn't stop there as he rebounded the scythe, slashing forward as a talon-like spike of ice shattered the now sculptured soldiers.

"It'll take more than that to take me down!" (Y/N) smirked, wiping some dust from his face as he brandished his scythe again.

"I'm not giving up yet! Haahhh!" Similarly, a voice shouted out as Asta slashed out of the encirclement with difficulty, though he managed to break out of the circle of cavalrymen.

"Bah! Very well! It seems as if I'll need to go all out to kill you two!" Gueldre felt his patience reach its limit, releasing all of his magic presence and intent, making (Y/N) and Asta freeze up momentarily, before (Y/N) released his own magic aura, freeing both him and Asta from the oppression of the Captain.

"[Transparency Magic-]"

"Ahuhu...Mr. Poizot, don't go picking on the younger Knights."

"That just went a new low. I knew your creepy laugh was a sign."

The two young Magic Knights looked back, seeing Rill and Rin standing at the entrance to the HQ, their Grimoire's shining brightly.

"[Astral Magic: Lunar Lances.]"

"[Paint Magic: Spring of Restriction.]"

Simultaneously, the two Captains cast their spells, Astral Magic-created lances piercing through the Cavalry, dissipating the horsemen before they could cause any harm.

"That's definitely the strength of a Captain, alright..." (Y/N) smirked, seeing how easily Rin had taken down the Cavalry. Though (Y/N) was confident he could take them down himself, he wasn't quite as confident in taking them down as easily as she did. Her magic had been so fast the Cavalry couldn't even react in time. Much more, the two had acted before Gueldre could even cast his next spell.

On the other hand, a cocoon of multicolored magic engulfed Gueldre, who shouted out in defiance, though ended up getting consumed by the cocoon, it fading away to reveal Gueldre seemingly fallen in a small pond, through his face, hands and arms were still barely visible.

"What element is that?! There's water...but also earth?! Can his magic...let him use all the elements?" (Y/N) glanced at the spell, surprised. Rill didn't seem much older than (Y/N), but the two were leagues apart...

"Yep. Mr. Poizot, you're a picture-perfect fellow. I think I'll name this one...The Drowning Captain. What do you think?" Rill smiles cheerfully, walking up to the bounded Captain.

"What is this magic...?" Asta spoke softly, though he was clearly surprised by the sudden magic. Even he could tell it was extraordinary.

"It's better not to question it. Rill is an an enigma to even himself." Rin smiled helplessly, shaking her head with a sigh, an explosion happening behind her as she froze up, a cold sweat forming on her face.

"Rill, Rin, how dare you go easy on the traitor." Nozel's cold voice resounded from behind the group, (Y/N) and Asta turning around in the smoke cloud, seeing the other Captains standing on the destroyed land of the HQ.

"Well, I mean, if I hadn't done that, the entire building would've been destroyed." Rill reasoned with a sweatdrop, pointing out that the Captains had destroyed the entrance to the underground dungeon.

"I can do what I want." Rin stuck her tongue out at Nozel, getting a frosty glare from him, though he ultimately shook his head, turning a blind eye.

"His magic allows all magic to pass through him. We simply need to attack with physical objects instead. We can just have some commoners rebuild the building." Nozel pointed out, his mercury magic grasping onto several boulders created from the broken building.

"Keke, I lost the chance to let loose on a Captain. He even resembles a ham perfectly, would've been perfect to slice up." Jack clicked his tongue, his blades protruding from his arms.

"We're Magic Knight Captains. We can't just sit around and space out while the kids have their fun. We have to at least strike a pose." Yami spoke mindlessly, his katana engulfed in dark magic as his Grimoire floated beside him.

"Uh...but she's still asleep." (Y/N) sweatdropped, looking at Dorothy, who was indeed still in her sleep. How did she even manage that?

"Are you still asleep?! Wait, how did you manage to keep up...you sure are reliable for someone who's always asleep!" Yami then ranted at the sleeping Dorothy, though she seemingly snored in response, ticking Yami off.

"Running away, even though you're a man. How pathetic. Even without being a traitor, you're a failure as a Captain." Charlotte coldly addressed the captive Captain, before glancing back at Yami.

"Wh-why is Yami only paying attention to Dorothy? Does he l-like women like her?" Charlotte's face streaked a bit pink, looking back at her "hidden" crush. Of course, her crush was about as hidden as a mountain next to flat land, but that's not important.

"Friends, I believe that's enough. Someone may be controlling him with magic." William, acting as the mediator to the situation, walked through the rubble, putting an end to the violence.

"He has a point...I never even let it cross my mind that he could be getting controlled..." (Y/N)'s eyes widened in surprise, looking at the captive Captain. Was he really getting controlled by magic, or was he actually a traitor?

"Wow, I'm glad I said that when everybody was here. I can't tone down my magic, after all." Julius, the last arriving person, joyfully exclaimed as a sphere of [Time Magic] fluxed chaotically in his hands.

"That magic is even more intense than Kronos' time magic...hell, are they even the same magic?!" (Y/N) smirked nervously, looking at his prized scythe in surprise. The Magic his scythe could use and that of Julius' were on completely different levels.

"Is that what it means to be the Wizard King?" (Y/N) thought to himself, respect shining in his eyes. Surely enough, the Wizard King was on a league of his own.

But in the other hand...

"These people are insane!" Asta exclaimed to himself in shock, seeing the Captains easily willing to destroy the surroundings just to catch Gueldre.

"These people are the best Magic Knights...the best in the country?!" Asta thought in surprise, though Rill seemed to perk up as he looked at the two young Knights.

"Ne, ne, you two were amazing earlier! How did you know where Mr. Poizot was? How'd you undo his transparency magic?! And you, how did you manage to deal with his spell so easily?! What is that weapon?!" Rill asked excitedly, rushing up to the two Black Bulls Knights.

"Uh...."

"U-um..."

Both (Y/N) and Asta found themselves at a loss, surprised by the sudden cheeriness of the Captain of the Aqua Deer.

"Well, whatever! I'm Rill, and in nineteen! Who are you?" Rill introduced himself cheerfully, grasping the two's hands.

"I'm (Y/N), and I'm fifteen! Future Wizard King in the making! Oh wait, you're NINETEEN AND A CAPTAIN?!"

"I-in Asta! I'm fifteen, and you're NINETEEN AND A CAPTAIN?!"

The two brothers reacted similarly, shock clearly expressed on their faces. Just as (Y/N) thought, Rill was close to his age yet already so much stronger...

"Ah! So you're both younger than me! Hey, (Y/N), Asta, be my friends!" Rill excitedly shook the two's hands, momentarily stunning the two.

"Alright! We're friends then!"

"Ehh?! Wait, with a Captain? Uh...well sure! Okay!"

The two instantly agreed, Rill smiling radiantly, shaking the two's hands with even more vigor.

"Yay! Between you and me, everyone here is much older than me, so it's been rough having to tiptoe around them!" Rill exclaimed, surprising (Y/N), though he caught Rin pouting a short distance away.

"I'm not old...you're just hard to approach..." Rin muttered to herself, but (Y/N) just sweatdropped.

"They're all weird. Is it something that every Captain has or something? Wait, does that mean if I become a Captain I'll become weird? AHHHHHHHHH!" While (Y/N) had a mental breakdown, the Captains gathered around their former comrade, Julius stepping up from within then.

"Now then, I have some questions for you, Gueldre." Julius smiled impassively, Gueldre gulping as a sphere of time magic surrounded him.

Timeskip,
Underground Prison

"Gueldre, everything you've said so far is true?" Julius asked, his face not amused as he looked down on his former comrade.

"Yes." A branch of Memory Magic extended from above Gueldre's captive position, showing various memories of his misdeeds. Similarly to Catherine and George, he was under the [Memoir Absolu] spell.

"You bastard...you would abuse your own Squad members?!" (Y/N)'s eyes clearly displayed his rage, looking at the downed Captain as if he were utter trash.

"Quite the list. Not to mention abusing his Squad members, he even embezzled funds, sold national treasure-class items on the black market, he even smuggled dangerous potions from other countries. Without even counting him being a traitor, he's already pitch black." Yami recounted, not seeming all that disturbed by the sudden revelation.

"He might be a good fit for the Black Bulls. Actually, scratch that, becoming a burnt ham sounds better for him." Yami rambled, getting an eye roll from (Y/N), who took a deep breath as he set aside his emotions.

"Ke, what are you even going on about?" Jack commented in disdain, not amused by Yami.

"I wouldn't let someone like that in a Squad even if someone payed me." (Y/N) added in, looking at the extensive memories of misdeeds committed by Gueldre.

"We agree on that. Though now it does make sense as to why he didn't want his memory read with magic." Charlotte nodded at (Y/N), pointing out the reason for Gueldre's resistance previously.

"Even worse, he kidnapped the barrier mages. I had a feeling it was too easy for the enemy to plot that entire attack on the Capital, now it seems we have our reason." Rin leaned back against a wall, her aquamarine colored eyes unamused as she stared at the lifeless-eyed Gueldre.

"That is direct cooperation with the Eye of the Midnight Sun." Charlotte pointed out, seeing a memory of Gueldre trading with a cloaked mage, though the attire was the same as the ones who invaded Kikka previously.

"He was dazzled by rare magic items and made a deal with those terrorists. What a fool." Nozel shook his head in disappointment, glaring down at his former Captain.

"Well, unfortunately, he's always been like that." Yami removed his cigarette from his mouth, breathing out a puff of smoke as he sighed in disappointment, but not surprised.

"Mmm." Rin nodded her head, a brief look of hurt flashing through her eyes before she regained herself. It was always painful to get betrayed by a comrade...she knew that in painful detail.

"The kidnapped mages are most likely already dead." Marx informed gravely, (Y/N) nodding in agreement. There was simply no need to kidnap them, but leave them alive. The chances that they were alive were extremely small.

"This is an unparalleled blunder. He was a Captain, charged with the protection of our citizens, yet he sold them out instead. In order to keep the citizens from panicking, we won't make this matter public. However, we can never allow this to happen again. Check all of your Squads to ensure none of your members have contact with the enemy." Julius addresses his knights, a smile on his face despite the grave situations.

"Yes, sir." Simultaneously, all the Captains and the two Black Bulls Knights, except Yami, saluted to the Wizard King's command. (Looking back at this scene, did anyone notice that Dorothy saluted under her cloak AND talked?! I didn't notice that on my first watch at all.)

A little later, the Magic Knight Captains all went their own ways, though a certain Captain moved stealthily across the courtyard, magic particles floating from their body as Raia's form and Grimoire appeared from the "Captain."

"I'm a pretty decent actor. Not one of them could see through my transformation magic. So, which one of them was actually me? No one will get suspicious for a while now." Raia whistled to himself as he walked away, having successfully fooled the Magic Knight Captains. Now, the plan could continue on its way.

Elsewhere,
Wizard King's Office

"Hmm? Did someone just cast magic?" (Y/N) muttered to himself, looking out of the window from Julius' office, though he couldn't find any changes, causing him to shrug as he looked away. Perhaps one of the Captains had left via the use of a mobility spell.

Within the office, Yami, (Y/N) and Asta all stood side by side, Julius standing behind his desk, looking away from the Black Bulls mages.

"I'm sorry for making you three stay behind." Julius spoke up, breaking the silence as the three focused their attention on him.

"It's sad...being betrayed by comrades who fought alongside me. I sprinted at full speed to get where I am, but in the process I made plenty of mistakes." Julius reminisced, an image of himself, Yami, Jack, Rin, Charlotte, and Gueldre all fighting side by side surfaced in his mind.

"If that's the reason you had us stay behind, you got the wrong guys Julius." Yami shrugged, seemingly careless to the whole situation.

(Y/N) silently listened as Asta's eyes were starry, looking around the office in wonder.

"That's not all you wanted to talk to us about, is it?" (Y/N) gave a small smirk, Julius nodding without turning around, though the group could sense a serious atmosphere begin to develop.

"To be honest, when we were investigating the two Midnight Sun mages, there was one more thing we found. (Y/N), Asta, do you two remember that stone tablet back at their hideout?" Julius asked, the two's eyes widened a bit.

"The tablet? You mean the stone tablet with those weird gems?" (Y/N) asked, surprise obvious on his face. Sure, he'd thought the tablet seemed out of place, but he wasn't really one to judge on the look of the place. He had sensed faint magic traces from the tablet, but he had disregarded them.

Either way, due to Licht's arrival, he hadn't had much time to study any features other than the obvious the tablet had. Actually, hadn't Julius mentioned that there were runes on the tablet?

"Yes. They call the stones that were set into it Magic Stones. They're all convinced that if they gather all of them, they'll be reborn into their "true forms."" Julius summarized, (Y/N) and Asta nodding. The tablet was something they weren't too sure of yet, so they couldn't cross out any possibilities.

"True forms?" (Y/N) repeated, unsure of the meaning. Would it be like an awakening? Perhaps they'd simply get augmented magic powers?

"Yes. They believe their true forms are closely linked with mana, and they'll gain enormous power." Julius nodded, (Y/N) humming lightly. So it was a boost in power.

"They also went after Fuegoleon because they had the Magic Stone he had." Julius added in, getting a sigh out of (Y/N).

"Apart from that one interaction I had with him in the Decoration Ceremony, I never got the chance to talk with Fuegoleon. From what I've heard from everyone though, he seems like a good guy." (Y/N) sighed sadly, getting a nod out of Julius.

"I believe in Fuegoleon's strength, he will come back to us in time. I'm sure when that time comes, you and him would get along splendidly." Julius smiled, getting a small smirk out of (Y/N).

"Ehh...I'm not sure Fuegoleon and this kid would mix all that well, one's uptight and the other one's literally a walking trouble magnet." Yami pokerfaced, getting an awkward look from Julius.

"No! I'm sure they can get along well! Both Fuegoleon and (Y/N) are nice people!" Asta interrupted, the three looking at him.

"Thanks, Asta." (Y/N) gave a close-eyes grin, Asta giving him a thumbs up.

"Anyway, back onto the topic. You sure someone didn't read too many fantasy novels? Being reborn sounds a bit fishy." Yami pointed out, a silence descending onto the group.

He was right. Being suddenly reborn into newer, powerful forms seemed like a strange deal. If it was so, why didn't everyone know of that?

"We don't know the specifics of the situation, but we know that their obsession over this is real. We cannot let them get the stones on the chance that they speak the truth." Julius trailed off.

"And?" Yami ushered him to continue.

"There are three Magic Stones left. They know the location of one of them." Julius informed the three, making (Y/N)'s eyes widen.

"We need to get there first! If we know where it is, we can get the jump on the Eye of the Midnight Sun!" (Y/N) finished, getting a nod out of Julius. It seemed the two were among similar wavelengths.

"But where is it?" Yami questioned, seeing Julius' gaze remain stern. Clearly, it wasn't an easy magic stone to get.

"In a strong magic region...The Underwater Temple." Julius revealed, getting a surprised look from Yami.

"A...strong magic region? What's that?" Asta asked curiously, never having heard of the term before. Similarly, (Y/N) nodded his head in agreement. Though he could discern it from the name, there could be chances he was wrong.

"You two don't need these heads anymore, right? I'll do you both a favor and liberate you of them." Yami glared at his two underlings, grabbing them by their heads. Could they really not tell just from the name alone?

"Stop! I won't say anymore! Please spare me!" Asta panicked, feeling himself start going faint from the hold on his head.

"Oh, it's the light again...hello light my old friend...I've come to talk with you again...bleh..." (Y/N) muttered to himself as he felt himself go faint from Yami's grip, before Julius' laugh brought the three of them back to the situation, Yami dropping the two.

"Strong magic regions are as the name suggests, regions with abundantly strong mana. In these regions, all sorts of natural phenomena happen that prevent people from entering them." Julius began, getting a nod from the two Black Bulls mages.

"Of all the known strong magic regions, the Underwater Temple is said to be especially dangerous. The dungeon you two recently conquered could be considered a beginner's course in comparison." Julius gave an example, getting a surprised look from the two. The dungeon, which had abundant amounts of mana, was still lacking compared to the Underwater Temple?

"To think there exists places with even more mana than that...I wonder if it also has more mana than the Lost Ruins where I found Kronos' Arc?" (Y/N) smirked a bit, a hint of challenge glinting in his eyes. He was intrigued on the Underwater Temple now for sure.

"There's a place even more amazing than that?" Despite not having been able to sense mana, Asta could tell that the dungeon had immense levels of mana.

"So you want us to get there before the Eye of the Midnight Sun does and snatch the Magic Stone or whatever?" Yami summarizes, getting a nod from Julius.

"That's right. This is a mission of utmost importance. The best Squad for the job would have to be one that isn't restricted by familial or social status..." Julius trailed off.

"In other words, the Black Bulls." (Y/N) hummed. From what he knew, all the Black Bulls rolled in their own ways, none of them were bound by family. Though some of them had family, they weren't in the way of their Magic Knight duties.

"Yes. There may still be traitors among the Magic Knights. Will you all do it?" Julius asked kindly. At that moment, (Y/N) realized just how much faith Julius had in them. He had assigned a mission of top priority to the Black Bulls, which meant that he highly trusted the group. Or perhaps, he just trusted Yami.

"You're the Wizard King. If that's what you think, just give the order. As a Captain, you're definitely right that I don't have anything holding me back." Yami trailed off on his words, memories of the past surfacing in his mind.

"I hear he's not from this Kingdom."

"Apparently, he and some other girl are castaways from some foreign country who live on the coast."

"He looks kinda dangerous."

"I wish he'd just leave the country."

Despite his strength, Yami's life was not an easy one by any means. Until he'd gotten his Grimoire, and even after he'd gotten his Grimoire, his life wasn't one of luxury.

"You can't be serious! Why do foreigners like them get Grimoires?! And hers is even a Four-Leaf Clover! It isn't fair!"

"I bet their Magic's are worthless!"

"Let's get rid of them with our Magic later." (Is it just me or does this kid sound like Itsuki's VA from Shield Hero?)

A scene of a younger Yami and a younger Rin opening their Grimoire's appeared in Yami's head, his dark magic chaotically released in his hand, whereas Rin's astral magic elegantly swirled around her, Rin's eyes starry as she marveled at her own magic.

"What's that magic?!"

"Her magic...it's so beautiful..."

"Scary..."

"It's so radiant..."

"How creepy..."

"It's marvelous..."

"Yeah. Just because I got a Grimoire, it didn't change the fact that I was a foreigner. I don't have anything tying me down, but that also meant I was always going to be alone. Yet, I always had that firecracker next to me. She attracted a lot of attention, becoming a pain in my ass, but she never left."

Flashback

"C'mon, Yami! Let's go do something fun! Don't you get tired of always just moping around at the beach?!" A younger version of Rin pouted, walking beside Yami along the beach.

"Shut up. You can go by yourself if you want." Yami shrugged, continuing to walk forward.

"Ehhh?! But that's no fun! Come with me! I promise you'll have fun!"

"No."

"Please! Pretty please! Pretty please with a cherry on top!"

"I said no..."

"Aww, don't be like that! We can both have lots of fun!"

"Go away. Why are you so insistent on nagging me, little girl?"

"L-little girl?! Hey! I'm barely younger than you!"

"Little. Girl."

"H-hey..." Rin teared up a bit.

"I-Uh...don't cry..." Yami awkwardly spoke, getting a pout from Rin.

"Meany! As people who came from the land of the rising sun, we should stick together!" Rin exclaimed, getting Yami to sigh in annoyance.

"Little girl, sticking with me won't get you anywhere. You have a Four-Leaf Grimoire, go be a star with the people here. They already love you, so stop bothering me."

"No! I refuse! I want to get everybody to love you as well!"

"Gah! Go away! You're annoying!"

"I won't stop trying!"

That's right. She was always a pain in my ass back then. Though I guess it was because of her that I am where I am today. I'd always thought I'd be alone, but those two changed that instantly.

"Oooh! So you're the person Rin mentioned! Hey, hey! That's dark magic isn't it?! Can I see it?! It's so amazing! I've never seen this kind of magic before!" A younger version of Julius sprinted in front of Yami and Rin, leaving a cloud of sand behind him.

"Hey, hey, hey! Let me get a closer look at it!"

"No. Who the heck even are you old man? And don't go giving my name to creepy people, Little Girl."

"E-eh?"

"I'm not little!"

"Old...? But I'm not creepy at all...I'm just a wandering Magic Knight Captain in disguise!"

"What's a Magic Knight?"

"Eh? Rin didn't tell you?"

"I tried to! But he kept ignoring me!" Rin pouted.

"Hmm...well, why not come see for yourself? I'm sure if you're anything like Rin, you've got a lot of potential!"

"Nope. Don't wanna."

"Oh come on! Don't be like that!"

"Nope. Don't wanna."

"I'll treat you to dinner!"

"Okay, I'll go."

"EHHHHHHHHH?!"

"I see. I guess that's not enough...eh? Wait, you'll go?"

"Yes. I'll go if you buy me dinner. I'll definitely go."

"Ha...haha....Hahahahaha! You're an interesting person!"

"Ehhhhhh?! That's all I needed to do to get you to go?! I could've just asked that at any time?! Wuuuuuuuuu..." Rin teared up a bit, putting Yami in an awkward position. To his right, Julius laughed, amused by him and to his left, Rin teared up, clearly not amused by him.

I guess from there, I was stuck with the two of you ever since. Both of you quickly became rising stars in the Magic Knights, and I tried my best to follow along. And I guess, that's how we got here today.

Flashback End

Yami breathed out a stream of smoke from us cigar, setting it aside as his hand moved, saluting to his chest, a surprised look forming on everyone's face.

"Yami...Captain Yami is saluting?" (Y/N) looked on in surprise. Never once would he thought he'd ever see Yami salute to someone.

"I'm just going to use my power to prove it. I'll prove that you're right. To prove that you've made no mistakes. That's all." Yami saluted proudfully, (Y/N) and Asta staring at him in surprise, whilst Julius smiled gratefully.

"Yami's actually saluting." Julius thought, a figure of his old monotone and bland self overlapping over Yami's current self.

"I'm counting on you, Yami. And on you, (Y/N), Asta." Julius smiled, the three saluting respectfully in return.

"It's a strange coincidence you two joined Yami's Squad. I doubt anyone would be able to get into the Underwater Temple without Asta's Anti-Magic, and (Y/N)'s strength and experience against the Eye of the Midnight Sun and Seven Specialists are truly noteworthy. I trust that in the future, the two of you will become rising stars among the Magic Knights." Julius smiled kindly at the two, the two saluting once more, but with more force. Only, one of them seemed a bit too excited.

"Hai!" The two replied, only for Asta's face to quickly turn ashen, falling to the floor and rolling as he tried to regain his breath, having winded himself from the intense-force salute.

"You're the Wizard King, one of the people I respect the most, as a person and as a mage. If you think I can become someone great in the future, I'll do everything I can to live up to your expectations." (Y/N) saluted resolutely, gaining a surprised look from Yami and a grateful one from Julius.

"...Thank you." Julius smiled, truly thankful for his allegiance.

"And I will too! If the Wizard King is expecting something of me, I'll work hard to make sure I live up to your expectations!" Asta quickly shot back up, shouting as he saluted beside his brother.

"I see...thank you. The both of you. I look forward to seeing you two grow. You're both really interesting, I can see how you chose them, Yami." Julius laughed, the others joining him as they all laughed, just enjoying the time.

Timeskip,
Magic Knight's HQ Courtyard

After having split from Julius, the three Black Bulls mages found themselves in the courtyard, walking away from the HQ as the sun began to set in the distance.

"You two were stiff as boards in there. Julius ain't that scary, is he?" Yami spoke up, glancing at his underlings blankly.

"Hmm? Nah. It's more the expectation. It's not very often you get someone who thinks that you can become someone great other than yourself." (Y/N) replied, his hands behind his head as they walked, seemingly nonchalant about the situation.

"Mhm. Typically, we're not used to having people expecting anything from us." Asta added in, smiling sheepishly. It had truly felt great to have someone rely on you. It made it feel as if all of his hard work hadn't been in vain.

"Dumbasses." Yami promptly smacked the two over the head, making a tick mark form on (Y/N) and Asta hold his head in pain.

"I picked you two to join my Squad because I thought you two could do it. You both want to become the Wizard King, right? I let you join my Squad because I expect you both to work your asses off. And, in the end, go and once and for all accomplish your goal." Yami breathed out a puff of smoke, missing the surprised looks of his underlings.

"HAI!" (Y/N) and Asta both saluted, once more resolute in their goal. They had two of the strongest mages in the Kingdom believing in them...no way would they fail!

Timeskip,
Black Bulls HQ

"ALL RIGHT!!!" A joyful chorus of screams resounded through the Black Bulls' HQ, having just heard the news of their latest outing.

"The beach! Men bring to mind the beach! The beach brings to mind men!" Magna excitedly cried out, before he reached over and placed his hand over Asta's shoulders.

"I'm getting all excited for no good reason!" Magna exclaimed happily, a grin on his face.

"Yeah! Come to think of it, I've never even seen the ocean before!" Asta shouted back with just as much excitement.

"Neither have I, Shrimpsta!" Magna replied back enthusiastically.

"Beach! Beach! Beach! Beach! Beach! Beach!" The two sung in unison, swinging from side to side.

"There's nothing better than enjoying a cold one under the blazing sun!" Vanessa cried out in excitement, already imagining the relaxing feeling, causing her to sigh in content.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in going to the beach..." (Y/N) hummed as he recalled the stories told to him about the beach by Sister Lily and Father Orsi when he was still a small boy.

"Shake, shake, let's shake! I'll make some original drinks and flirt with some hotties in swimsuits on the beach!" Finral shouted, furiously shaking a bottle of...something.

"Hah!" (Y/N) turned his nose up at Finral, making a tick mark appear on his head.

"S-swimsuits?! Wa-wa-wait! Does that mean if I go to the beach, I'll have to wear a swimsuit too?!" Noelle exclaimed, a flash of pink streaking across her face.

"That's kinda the whole point, yeah." Ruby pokerfaced at Noelle, not seemingly bothered by it.

"I haven't visited the beach either...wahh! I can't wait to go!" Alice cheered as she smiled radiantly.

"I-it'll be fun with everyone there..." Melody smiled shyly, already thinking of bringing out a beach ball. Hmm...a net would also probably be useful...

"Mr. Shrimp, Mr. Crab, and all the other seafoods...I can't wait to grill you all..." Charmy salivated at a table, making (Y/N) sweatdrop.

"Charmy, we're going there for fun, not to get kicked out in minutes!" (Y/N) tried to dissuade her from committing genocide on the various sea creatures.

"But they're so nummy!" Charmy retorted, getting into an argument about why sea creatures should and shouldn't be eaten.

"The beach, huh...I guess it'll be fun to go. Hey, Luck, I'll race you across the entire beach!" Orion challenges Luck, who perked up at the mention of his name.

"Haha! You're on! Let's make it even more fun and fight some sharks!" Luck smiled statically, his fists already punching at the air excitedly.

"I hope we all get to our sunscreen on each other at the beach..." Gordon whisper-talked, though somehow (Y/N) could still hear him.

"WHY DO YOU TALK SO LOW?! WAIT, NO, WHY CAN I EVEN UNDERSTAND YOU?!" (Y/N) yelled, freaked out by the sudden development of the seemingly random ability.

"*Grey noises*" Grey seemingly started to blow air into a floatie, clearly getting prepared to head to the beach...er, as prepared as a giant pale humanoid creature...? can be.

Yami sighed in annoyance as he saw his Squad members' lack of concern. It was almost as if they didn't know they were headed there for a mission.

"Captain! What should I get for Marie?" Gauche asked, holding a picture of his dearest younger sister, a stream of blood flowing down his nose.

"...I sincerely hope the sharks eat you all." Yami deadpanned.

"S-swimsuits...swimsuits..." Noelle repeated to herself, realizing she actually didn't own any swimsuits currently...

"Don't worry, Noelle. If you don't have one, you can borrow one of mine." Vanessa comforted her, getting Noelle to look up in relief.

"Thanks, Vanessa- AAHHHHHHH! ITS ALL STRINGS!!!" Noelle immediately panicked, her face flushing red as she immediately denied any and all use of that accursed swimsuit.

"Uh...that's quite daring, even for you, Vanessa." Alice sweatdropped, looking at the swimsuit that...uh...didn't leave much for the imagination.

"BEACH! BEACH! BEACH!" A line of Luck, Orion, Finral, (Y/N), Asta and Magna all chanted in unison, swinging from side to side.

"SHUT UP!" Yami smashed his magic-covered fist into one of the walls of the Black Bulls HQ, the poor wall shattering. It was so innocent, this world is too cruel!

"..." Immediately, the line of Knights went silent.

"We're going there for work, not for leisure." Yami scolded the group, every single member suddenly finding themselves sitting on their knees.

"What the fuck?! What kind of voodoo is this?! I swear I was just standing a moment ago!" (Y/N) instantly began panicking, believing he'd been controlled by voodoo to sit down.

"Yes, sir..." The group of mages, except (Y/N), agreed in toned down manners.

"The Underwater Temple, huh..." Asta grinned, looking up as he began to imagine what the strong magic region could look like.

"Yeah...it's a new adventure for us all." (Y/N) grinned, the various mages smiling brightly as he smirked. Yeah...a new adventure was just about to begin!

And elsewhere, in a shore under the moonlit night sky, a girl with flowing burgundy colored hair stared into the flowing ocean peacefully...

A new adventure was just about to begin! The plan is set into motion, let's read as it unravels!
————————————————————
Donezo! Again! Seriously, what is going on! This chapter is 10k words! I've recently just been getting so into making these chapters, I've rewritten this chapter more than 5 times. Seriously, I'm really having a lot of fun deciding where I want this story to go! This is late, I know! I apologize! I was having so much fun I couldn't decide on what path I wanted to take, xD!

The Underwater Temple opens its gates, the Black Bulls charge in! Next time: to the Underwater Temple!

Anywho, till next time!

Current Harem: (Feelings towards (Y/N))
Alice (Loves)
Noelle (Loves)
Mimosa (Crush)
Vanessa (Amused)
Alisia (Friendly)
Rebecca (Crush)
Dorothy (Unknown)
Mariella (Unknown)
Mereleona (Unknown)
Fana (Elf) (Unknown)
Kahono (Unknown)
Ame (Interested)
Lana (Interested)
Sol (Respected)
Secré (Maybe??)
Rin (Respected)
Sylvie (Respected)
Melody (Thankful)

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 15 24
Our world is a planet called "Mother earth" filled with beauty and life. It's a place for humanity to live in. But the world as we know it has chang...
2K 268 16
⊹ Book 2 of the Aldergrove Duology ⊹ {ONC 2023 Shortlister} Desperate to see his dead mate again, Sebastien makes a deal with the Devil. But the pric...
420 90 7
βπ‘Ύπ’‰π’š 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’Žπ’š π’†π’™π’Šπ’”π’•π’†π’π’„π’† π’Žπ’‚π’•π’•π’†π’“ 𝒕𝒐 π’šπ’π’–?❞ Asael didn't want to marry, let alone be forced into it by his parents, with a wo...
Black Sheep By Golden

General Fiction

424K 20.6K 64
Y/N gets more than she bargained for when getting to know the mystery creature that's been living in her shop silently for the past few years. She ne...