Conquered

By MemoirsofaGeisha

The 3rd book of the Ryonan series. Aria Seizan has been plagued with the memories of that night for years. R... More

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome home
Chapter 2 - Nightmares
Chapter 3 - Blackout
Chapter 4 - Demons are everywhere
Chapter 5 - Voice of reason
Chapter 6 - Damn it all to hell
Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge
Chapter 8 - Let the hunt begin
Chapter 9 - Too late
Chapter 10 - Ultimatum
Chapter 11 - Mated
Chapter 12 - Some things are best kept hidden
Chapter 13 - A witch's hell
Chapter 14 - Pleasure: One half of the coin
Chapter 15 - Pain: The other half of the coin
Chapter 16 - Walking on eggshells
Chapter 17 - We all settle sometimes
Chapter 18 - Retail therapy
Chapter 19 - Clearing the air
Chapter 20 - Plots, schemes, sex, "The Kiss' &... a shocking conclusion
Chapter 21 - Mate bonds
Chapter 22 - Seizan Secret
Chapter 23 - One step ahead
Chapter 25 - Something lost and something found
Chapter 26 - Revenge is a dish best served with precision
Chapter 27 - Kill them, heal me
Chapter 28 - Bye-bye birdie
Chapter 29 - Mate bonds are eternal
Chapter 30 - New addition
Chapter 31 - Upset of the balance
Chapter 32 - The scales have been tipped
Chapter 33 - Balance, no balance
Chapter 34 - Merge
Chapter 35 - Zane or Elijah?
Chapter 36 - A mother's hatred
Chapter 37 - Goodbye Atron
Chapter 38 - Return
Chapter 39 - The final nail in the coffin
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - When bad goes crazy

7.7K 401 45
By MemoirsofaGeisha

NOT EDITED

Chapter 24 - When bad goes crazy

Zane
"How do you feel?"

"Like a crazy witch snapped my neck." I smiled. "I'm sorry your highness. It just came out."

"It's fine." I helped her to sit up. "Do you feel strange in any other way?"

"I don't think so. Why? Should I?"

"Never mind then. Zaphaya!" I called for her.

"Your highness." She appeared in seconds. I rolled my eyes. She was just making fun of me now.

"It seems I'm in need of your assistance."

"Is this an official matter, or are you asking for a personal favour?"

"I'm asking a personal favour. I need you to take Evangeline away."

"Your highness, have I done something to upset you?"

"You haven't. For now, I need to keep you safe and away from my brother. He thinks you're dead. It has to stay that way, for now at least." She was confused. I saw it on her face. "Zaphaya will take care of you for as long as possible. You can trust her."

"I don't understand your highness. If I haven't done anything wrong, why do I need to hide away?"

"It's complicated." I took both her hands in mine. "It might seem like I'm sending you away unjustly, but it's for your own good and for the good of my brother. I'm sorry." I grabbed her head between my fingers and willed her to remember, willed her to remember all the memories I took away and have been taking away. Zaphaya followed along closely. If I was going to ask this of her she needed to know why. Once I was sure all her memories had been returned I released her. Her confused expression turned to one of understanding.

"Elijah is..."

"Don't finish that. You must never utter those words."

"You're trying to keep me from him."

"I'm not trying to keep you from him. I'm trying to keep you both safe, and from harming each other. When you have the time go through your memories carefully and you'll understand why I have to do this. Here." I held the letter my father had given me out to her. "Maybe the answers you're seeking are inside there. I really am sorry Evangeline. I'm sorry things have to happen this way."

She flung herself into my arms and I stumbled backwards. "Don't make me leave. Don't make me leave him."

"I'm sorry. Zaphaya! Take her." Zaphaya dragged her away kicking and screaming before disappearing from my sight.

"Care to tell me what that little scene was about?"

"You're awake." My arms circled her, enjoying her warmth. "Eli?" She shook her head.

"Not yet."

"How did you recover so fast?"

"I missed you so I fought to come back to you. What do you think?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm waiting."

"On?"

"Your explanation. I'm going to choose to believe you didn't keep anything from me and seeing Eva alive just now is all some big illusion and I'm still passed out."

"Sit down."

"I'll stand, thank you very much."

"You might be awake but your body is still recovering. Sit." She did. "I read my father's letter."

"When?"

"When you were out."

"What did it say? If it doesn't explain why Eva's still alive when I saw Vivianna snap her neck then I don't want to hear it."

"Aria."

"Zaneeeee."

"Fine. She's alive because she wasn't dead in the first place. I cast a protection spell on her."

"And that protected her from death? I saw Vivianna break her neck. Explain that."

"We all saw that. The spell didn't stop Vivianna from trying to kill her. It just ensured Evangeline didn't actually die."

"Okay. I'm not going to dwell on the fact that you kept this from me. What was that hug about?"

"She didn't want to leave."

"Why are you making her leave?"

"It's for her own good and also for our sakes." I gave her the letter and she read quietly.

"Okay, so you sent her away with aunt Zaphaya. What about Eli?"

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"You're planning to keep this from him? How long do you think you'll be able to do that? If he finds out she isn't dead he's going to look for her. Don't you think he'll find it strange there isn't a body? He'll want to see her body."

"I'll tell him I returned it to her family."

"You're an idiot. What family? The fake family your father invented to cover up Eva's true identity? This is a stupid plan. He will want to see her body."

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

"We? Oh no. You my dear mate are on your own with this one. So what now?"

"Now we plan a funeral."

"A funeral? I'm supposed to plan a funeral for that crazy bitch?"

"It's more of a memorial service."

"I'm not doing it. That bitch can rot in hell or wherever she is."

"Do you think Eli is going to want to do it?"

"You're afraid of what might happen when he does regain consciousness."

"I am."

"And yet you're still planning to leave him alone here with no mate, no fake mate, no true mate and no brother."

"Elijah is a grown ass man. I can't keep putting my life on hold for him. Whose side are you on anyway?"

"Stop asking silly questions. I just think he might lose it."

"He'll have to deal with it on his own. I can't keep picking up his slack. You should prepare yourself too. We're leaving after the memorial service. We'll have it as soon as he wakes up."
*******************

"He's awake."

"Finally, I thought he would never wake up."

"It's only been two days. That's even fast for him considering the amount of things he went through in that short space of time."

"How would you know what he went through?"

"It isn't important. Let's just go." Noises coming from Eli's room told us something was wrong. "What's going on?"

"Well your highness, it seems your, well he's..."

"He's what?"

"He asked about the princess and we told him nothing like you asked us to do. But he didn't want to hear that."

"And?"

"And he started destroying the room."

"Is that the reason you are out here cowering in fear?"

"Do you blame them? Obviously they value their lives." Aria opened the door and went in. I followed her. "Look who is up."

"Get out!" He threw a lamp at me. I caught it. "Aren't you being a little too dramatic? Was that really necessary?"

"Where's Eva?" Aria looked at me. "What do you mean where's Eva?"

"Where is her body?" I exhaled. I thought he didn't remember for a second.

"Your wife just died. Shouldn't you be more concerned about her funeral?" He laughed hysterically. "Do you actually think I cared about that bitch? I'm only sorry I didn't get to kill her myself. That's the only regret I have when it comes to Vivianna."

"Well since you're fine, we'll have the memorial service tomorrow. That should be enough time for the ministers to get here. It would look bad if we put her to rest without notifying them."

"Where's her body?"

"There isn't a body. You know that."

"Stop talking about that crazy bitch. Eva. Where is Eva's body?" Aria kept quiet. She did say I was on my own with this.

"Evangeline's body was returned to her family. That was the right thing to do."

"You returned her body? You returned her body!" Something else flew at me. I wasn't even sure what it was. "Who gave you permission to return her body?" He screamed. Aria left the room. I couldn't blame her for that.

"It wasn't our place to keep her body. What were you going to do? Did you plan on having a funeral for a consort? I don't think even you are that stupid."

"She's not a consort anymore and it wasn't your decision to make. Get out."

"The funeral will be tomorrow. There's one more thing. Aria and I will be leaving after the funeral. I don't know how long we'll be gone for."

"Vivianna took Eva away from me. Eva's family took Eva's body away from me. Now Aria is taking you away from me. Go."

"It's not like that."

"Go away Zane. Go away before I say something I'll regret." I sighed.

"Eli."

"Just go!" There was no reasoning with him like this. It was like his favourite toy got taken away and he wanted someone to blame. Aria gave me the 'I told you so' look.

"You did take his toy away. Wasn't there any way for her to stay?"

"No."

"Okay. Do you think he'll show up to the funeral?"

"He will."

"What if he doesn't?"

"He will."

Aria and I spoke no more about Evangeline, Vivianna, or Elijah that day. We made love to each other like it was the first time all over again. They joy I felt having her in my arms so relaxed and peaceful that night I wanted to remember, because I knew it would soon disappear. Once we leave the planet I'm positive things were going to take a turn to the worse. "Tomorrow we leave. Are you sure you want to do this? I'm worried about your nightmares returning."

She kissed me. "I don't want to talk about that. I just want to feel you inside of me right now."

"You're insatiable."

"So are you." I rolled us so I was on top.

"Say it again."

"I want to feel every inch of you inside me." I wrapped her legs around me and sank into her. We moaned. I made love to her long and slow, caressing every part of her body. And when we found our release, we did so at the same time.

A few months later...

Aria
"Well would you look at this? Tsk tsk tsk. What have you done?" I looked from one brother who had clearly made a mess, to the other. "Aren't you an animal? Eat."

"And just how do you expect them to eat?" Zane sat with his legs crossed at the ankles on top of the one table we had in the room.

"I don't care how they do it. I won't have them dying due to lack of food."

"You call that food?"

"Would you rather I gave them steak?"

"Maybe they'd actually say something if you fed them real food."

"I doubt that. The Steele brothers are all about loyalty, didn't you know? They would even rape a young girl just because of loyalty."

"It's been two months. If they were going to tell us anything they would have done so already."

"We'll see about that." I stooped down in front of them. "Where are Julian and Ian?"

"They're not going to tell you anything Aria, and they're boring me. Just kill them and let's move on. I'm getting sick of looking at their dirty faces and seeing them sit in their own filth."

"Well they are animals." One of the brothers trembled. I didn't know which one. They were barely recognizable now. "Are you scared of me Steele? Why would you be scared of a harmless woman? You weren't scared when you both took turns ripping me apart all those years ago. Why be scared now? I haven't even done anything for you to be scared about."

"Stop wasting time Aria. We need to find the other two assholes so we can get this over with and go home." He got to his feet. "Let's just get the answers we need. Pain always seems to work best." His snake appeared. "Choking should be effective don't you think? Pick one."

"You pick." He chose the closest one to him and his snake wrapped around his neck. He looked at the other brother. "Now this snake will cut off his air supply until you tell us what we want to know. If you don't tell us anything then he'll die. Let's see how long your loyalty to your friend lasts when it comes to your twin. I can bet which one will win, but I won't." He leaned against the edge of the desk and I joined him. Before anything could get started the other brother spoke up.

"Stop. I'll tell you." His voice sounded gruff and scratchy, but we understood.

"Go ahead." He glanced at his brother still at the mercy of Zane's snake. "Don't worry, he won't do anything unless told to. Now go ahead. Ian and Julian, where are they?"

"They both work in the palace," he said after clearing his throat a few times.

"They work in the palace and what?"

"Ian is the head of the Royal Guards."

"How fitting," I drawled. "What about Julian?" He cleared his throat again.

"He's the queen's right hand."

"By right hand you mean her advisor. Very interesting. Is there anything else I need to know? Any important information?"

"Julian and the queen are in a relationship. I think they might get engaged." I laughed. Over my dead body. Julian Prenderghast will not get engaged or married to anyone, nor will he become king.

"Good to know. Maybe you will get steak after all." I turned towards Zane. "How about it? Do you feel like going hunting?"

"You know I'm always up for a good hunt. But are you really going to leave them like that?"

"Why not?"

"It's inhumane."

"What they did to me is inhumane. No one cared that they left me the way they did."

"You don't have to be like them. Sitting in their own urine all day must be uncomfortable."

"Do I look like I care about their comfort?"

"The smell is bothering me. If this continues we won't be able to come down here because of the smell alone." He did have a point.

"You want me to let them go?"

"I didn't say that, but maybe a shower would be nice."

"Who the hell allows their hostages to take showers?" The thought was enough to make me crack a smile. "Who kidnaps people and keeps them, chained up for two months feeding them only bread and water?" I scoffed.

"A lot of people survive on bread and water. I'm not letting them loose. You can throw a bucket of water on them here. That should clean them and the place up." He rolled his eyes.

"It's fine. I'll take care of it."

"How long?"

"Ten minutes."

"Fine." I had to admit, Zane was a better person than I was. How he sits there every day and look at them without trying to kill them, I'll never understand. I could barely contain my anger whenever I see them. He had them cleaned up in a few minutes like he said he would. I checked the chains making sure they were secured before locking the basement and turning off the lights.
**************

"Aria! I didn't know you returned to Dronan."

"Well now you do Royann."

"What brings you by?"

"I have a little business to attend to."

"Here?"

"Yes." Her eyes wondered over to Zane. "Where's the head of your royal guards?"

"Why do you need him?"

"It's personal."

"I'll need to know the reason before I allow you near him."

"Oh? I'm also here for your advisor. Bring them here and let them tell you why I'm looking for them."

"Julian? How do you know Julian?" I shrugged.

"How do we know anyone really?" His name alone made my skin crawl.

"If it's a personal matter I'm afraid I won't be able to help you."

"Don't be stupid Royann. You don't even know the men you have working for you."

"And you do?"

"I do. I know them pretty well, intimately if you'd like to know. Oh? Julian didn't tell you? Not only was he my teacher, we dated. We were together for a year." Her face filled with jealousy. I felt sick to my stomach to have to see these perverts again, and she was standing there with a jealous expression. Unbelievable. But I would be strong and put on a brave face even if it kills me.

"I'm here. You can lean on me if you need to. I'll give you strength."

"Thank you."

"Well? Are you going to call them or do I have to get them here myself?"

"I think you should leave."

"How hospitable of you," I drawled. "Well then, I guess it must be done. After all, you are their queen." One minute I was facing her, the next I was behind her with a knife held at her throat. "Now, let's see who comes first. Don't worry cuz, I'll only harm you if absolutely necessary."

"What are you doing?"

"You be quiet." I glanced at my watch as the sound of footsteps reached my ear. "Three minutes. If this was an actual invasion you'd already be dead."

"Your majesty." His eyes went straight to the knife at her throat.

"Wow, and it only took you three minutes," I said sarcastically. His eyes moved to me. Recognition sparked instantly. He smirked.

"Aria Seizan, what a coincidence to see you here." I wanted to throw up. They way he said my name and the way his eyes raked over my body were repulsive. He made me feel dirty. I shifted a little and the knife grazed Royann. A drop of blood trickled down her throat. He moved forward.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Zane blocked his path.

"Okay, this is what you're going to do. You're going to call your little friend to come here and face me, or else your queen might get hurt."

"You wouldn't hurt her." I raised my eyebrow. "I wouldn't?" I spun her around and slapped her across the face. She fell to the floor. The guards didn't look pleased. "You want to say that again?" Royann stayed on the floor playing the victim. "Now I suggest you call your bestie here so we can get down to business."

"Don't even think about it," Zane said. "You'd be dead before you could reach her."

"Stand down," Ian barked at his men.

"Good. Now that we are all on the same page, where is Julian?" Saying his name almost sent me into a panic, but I couldn't appear weak in front of them.
I sat in Royann's chair.

"You can't sit there."

"Can't I? I am the rightful owner after all." Zane came and stood by my side.

"Was that really necessary," he whispered.

"I had to get my point across."

"I said not to move! Do I have to restrain you? Maybe I should."

"No, I have a better idea." I got up and dragged Royann over to where I was sitting a few seconds ago by her hair. I then put her to kneel facing the guards and held the knife at her throat again leaning forward in the chair. "Why are you still standing?" An invisible power forced him to his knees."That's more like it." He tried to fight it. Stupid on his part. "Don't bother. You'll only hurt yourself, not that I'm complaining or anything." He struggled until his nose started to bleed. I ignored him. A nose bleed wouldn't kill him. Ten minutes passed, still no Julian. Fifteen minutes, twenty, still no Julian. I knew he was here watching me, waiting for me to break. That won't happen. "Tick, tick, Julian. Your girlfriend might die from losing too much blood. Are you prepared to deal with that?"

35 minutes later...
"Aria." The sound of my name coming from those lips made me tremble. He saw it and smirked. The knife fell from my hand. Royann scrambled away but didn't get far. I was frozen. His eyes bored into me, instilling fear. He still had that effect on me. "I'm here. You can lean on me if you need to. I'll give you strength." Zane's words echoed in my head and I used them to pull myself together.

"Julian Prenderghast." I got to my feet. "It took you almost an hour to make an appearance. Congratulations for finally showing up."

"I see you haven't changed much over the years Aria. You're still that little spitfire I bumped into."

So this was how it was going to go? "It's your highness to you. I could have your head for not greeting us properly. But we'll get to that later. Now that all parties are present, let's get the introductions out of the way shall we?" I held my palm out to Zane. He walked over and took it. I'm glad he did. They were shaking. "Allow me to introduce King Zane Bruudan of planet Atron. He's my mate." Zane didn't utter a word. They all fell to their knees. Julian glared at me before he did too. "Now that that's out of the way, let's get to it. I hear there might be a wedding in the future between you two. Is that right Royann?" She blushed. "Well then, that won't happen. Do you know what kind of man he is? Did you know that when I told Julian Prenderghast I wasn't ready to have sex, he and his friends raped me and left me for dead?"

"Aria, you don't have to do this."

"It's okay Zane. I think I'm finally able to face it. And one of those friends is the head of your royal guards, Royann. Ian Frost."

"What are you talking about? Julian what is she saying?"

"I have no idea." He looked at me like I was crazy. That asshole. I lunged. Zane grabbed me before I could reach him.

"I said don't move!" Zane's voice was loud and clear. The guards were held up against the walls by an invisible force. I wanted to scream and cry at the same time. He dared to look at me like I was crazy. He dared deny what he had done. I started laughing hysterically. "So you deny that you and your friends raped an eighteen year old Aria?" Zane sounded like he was on the verge of losing control.

"I have no idea what she's talking about." I struggled against Zane.

"I'm going to kill him. Forget torture. I'm going to drag his evil heart up through his mouth and watch while he chokes on it!"

"Calm down. I can't think if you're upset. I might end up killing everyone here." Zane glared at Julian. "So you're denying it? Okay." He disappeared and reappeared slightly behind Royann. The knife I held earlier was pressed against her throat again. "Last chance. Did you rape my mate?"

"I did not such thing."

"Wrong answer." He slit her throat and flung her body to the floor. Even I was shocked, but Zane gave me courage. I appeared in front of Julian and grabbed his head between my fingers. It's time to go on a little trip." The venom in my voice couldn't be missed. He passed out instantly. Zane did the same to Ian. I looked at Royann's body.

"She isn't dead."

"Take her with us then. She could prove useful later on. Also, this place...burn it to the ground." I saw myself in Zane's eyes at that moment, and to him, I never looked more beautiful. That night my nightmares returned. Zane held me while I cried, and hugged me until I eventually fell asleep again.
************

"He's still not eating anything."

"Leave him. He won't die from missing a few days' meals. He'll eat eventually. What about Royann?"

"She doesn't remember anything."

"It's for her own good."

"What now?" I faltered a little at his question.

"Now, I don't know." He pulled me in for a hug.

"You did great." I buried my face in his neck using his smell to calm me down.

"Don't leave me."

"I won't."

"I think I'll go crazy if you ever leave me."

He gripped my face in his hands. "I won't leave you. I can't." He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer. "You don't have to rush. You can go at your own pace. Deal with it in your own time. Will you be okay?" I nodded. "I have to go get food."

"I'll be fine."

"You should get some rest." I crawled into bed burnt out from trying to pretend everything was okay. Zane pulled he covers up over me even though it was the middle of the day and stayed by my side until my eyes started to droop and eventually closed.

Zane
"Alexis?"

"Thank the universe I got you. I've called Aria about a dozen times. She isn't picking up."

"She isn't? That's strange." She must be in the basement. "What is it? I'm not with her night now but I'm on my way to her."

"I'm not sure I should be telling you this instead of Aria. It's about Alyssa."

"What about Alyssa?"

"This is difficult even for me to say." Alexis took a deep breath. "She lost the baby. Alyssa lost the baby." Her voice cracked. "I don't know what to do. Everyone is going crazy. Aria needs to come home. This isn't something I can deal with on my own."

"I understand. I'll get Aria and we'll get there as soon as possible." I disconnected the call. Few things had the ability to shock me. Alyssa losing the baby is one of those things. I never saw it. How did this happen? How was I going to tell Aria her sister lost the baby? Things were already hard enough for Aria.
*****************

"Why didn't you pick up your cell?"

"Huh? I didn't realize it was ringing. What happened?"

"Alexis has been trying to reach you. You should call her back."

"Zane, what is it? Tell me."

"It's about Alyssa."

"What about Alyssa?"

"She lost the baby." Her features changed to shock.

"She lost the baby? But I thought everything was fine. How did this happen?"

"I don't know, but we need to get back. The situation isn't good and they don't know what to do."

"Go back? You want me to leave now?"

"Did you not hear what I just said? Alyssa lost the baby. Your sister lost her baby. We have to go back."

"Alyssa will be fine."

"What? Do you even know what that's like? Are you hearing yourself right now?"

"Alyssa will be fine. She's strong. I can't go back now. I can't leave."

I looked at her trying to understand what was going on. "She's your sister!"

"And she'll be fine. She has people around her. I can't leave. I'm not leaving. I can't put my life on hold any longer." I stood there staring at her.

"I don't even know who you are right now. "

"I'm the same person I've always been, but I'm not leaving."

"Is revenge so important to you?"

"Yes it is. You of all people should understand that."

"Do what you want. You always do anyway. I'm going back to planet Atron. One of us should at least be there to show support." I disappeared from her sight before I had the chance to say something that would really tear us apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 886 4
Ariana never wanted to be mated to the sexy Alpha king, the tingles that she feels every time they touch prove otherwise though. They maybe polar op...
2.8K 189 55
[Book Three] The girl that once was Milaia now must face the worst of all her nightmares, war. To do so, she must finally get to the truth of the sto...
2.3K 160 27
ARIA KNIGHTS Darker than the night itself and more chilling than the darkest nightmares, Aria Knights has always been a puzzle wrapped in shadows. Wa...
9.4K 1.3K 59
In this third book of the Only Human series, June Jackson has many hard choices to make. Who does she trust, who does she tell, and who does she love...