Heart Of Darkness (Star Wars)

By catalan_andrea

Helia Halcyon is a bounty hunter working with the Bounty Hunters' Guild. Helia has a dark past that she has d... More

Chapter 2: Sorgan
Chapter 3: Training The Villagers
Chapter 4: The Secret
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: Tatooine
Chapter 7: Saving Us
Chapter 8: The Mercenaries
Chapter 9: Betrayed
Chapter 10: Nothing Like Them
Chapter 11: Getting Help
Chapter 12: What Could Go Wrong?
Chapter 13: I Can't Leave You
Chapter 14: Clan Of Four
Chapter 15: The Sacrifice
Chapter 16: Back To Corellia
Chapter 17: Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 18: Mos Pelgo
Chapter 19: The Krayt Dragon
Chapter 20: The Raiders
Chapter 21: The Frog Lady
Chapter 22: Ice Spiders
Chapter 23: Trask
Chapter 24: Bo-Katan
Chapter 25: The Heist
Chapter 26: Arguments & Old Friends
Chapter 27: Old Imperial Base
Chapter 28: Calodan
Chapter 29: Ahsoka Tano
Chapter 30: Two Jedi & A Mandalorian
Chapter 31: Tython
Chapter 32: They're Back
Chapter 33: To Morak
Chapter 34: Brown Eyes
Chapter 35: The Next Move
Chapter 36: Old Ghosts
Chapter 37: Together Again
Chapter 38: Parting Ways
Chapter 39: Training With Ahsoka
Chapter 40: The Natives Of Abbaji
Chapter 41: Moff Sidero
Chapter 42: To Ilum
Chapter 43: The Mission on Dantooine
Chapter 44: The Mandalorians
Chapter 45: The Attack
Chapter 46: The Tragedy
Chapter 47: Hold On
Chapter 48: The Promise
Sequel's Up!

Chapter 1: Betraying The Guild

3.2K 35 8
By catalan_andrea

A/N: I don't own any pictures, characters, or anything, except for my character, Helia. Hope you enjoy!

~9 ABY~

I plopped down at the bar to have a drink. My Anooba, Ani, plopped down beside me. It had brown fur with light brown eyes. I glanced over at the bartender.

"I'll have a Bloody Rancor."

I watched as the Mandalorian strutted into the place. All the bounty hunters in the room stared at him. I could feel their hatred, their jealously, and their envy for him. He was quite well known here for his excellent work as a bounty hunter. I had seen him around for the two years I had been working with the Guild. I barely spoke to him. Greef Karga was the one who introduced us two years ago. I had been on Nevarro for two years now.

I watched as he made his way over to Karga, who greeted the Mandalorian like an old friend. As soon as the Mandalorian approached him, everyone returned to their business. I occasionally glanced over at Karga and the Mandalorian. Their conversation didn't last long. As soon as Karga handed him over what appeared to be a chip, he left. The bartender plopped down my drink. It was dark brown color with an edible bone on the top of the glass.

"Ani, catch." I said before I tossed the bone.

Ani caught the bone with ease. He wagged his tail as he chewed on the bone. I cracked a smile. I then chugged my drink before getting up.

"Come Ani, we have work to do." I urged.

•••
The next day I landed my ship on the edge of the town. I had an Allanar N3 light freighter, called the Naberrie Maiden. I walked out of my cockpit and into the main hold where the bounty was. He was a Clawdite, making him difficult to catch for other bounty hunters. He wore Mabari armorweave, which was typical for Clawdites. His hands were bound together with stun cuffs. The main hold had a holotable, a couch, several computers, and a door leading to my quarters. Ani, who stood in front of the Clawdite, growled at him. As soon as I entered the room, the Clawdite glanced over at me before stared at the scar on my face. It was a nasty scar that I refused to speak of. The scar began on right below my right cheekbone and ended at the side of my neck. I gave Ani a pat on his head.

"Good boy, Ani." I said.

Ani wagged his tail at my words. The Clawdite looked at Ani in absolute horror.

"He's not a good dog! He nearly killed me!" He protested.

"Then you deserved it." I retorted before pulling him up from the couch. "Come on, up on your feet."

He reluctantly obliged, following Ani and me out of my ship and into town. Once I arrived in the cantina, we made our way over to Karga's booth. As we approached him, I overheard him sending a hologram to the Mandalorian.

"Mando, I received your transmission. Wonderful news! Upon your return, deliver the quarry directly to the client. I have no idea if he wants to eat it or hang it on his wall, but he's very antsy. Safe passage! You know where to find me." He mentioned before turning his holoprojector off.

Now I'm very interested in what this bounty is. Karga finally noticed me with my bounty and his eyes widened. "That was fast."

He then chuckled. "But I expect nothing less from the Shadow Bonzami."

Karga then shouted out to one of his men to take the Clawdite away. Once he was taken away, I sat down in the booth across from Karga. He took out Imperial credits from a small pouch bag.

"Greef, you know me. No Imperial credits." I reminded him.

"Well I can do half in Corellian Credits and because I like you, I'll throw in Shata leather and Rancor-leather. You can make new pants and a jacket with that." Karga offered.

"Fine. I'll take it." I replied.

He then passed the credits and the leather over to me. Once I slipped it into my bag, I spoke again.

"What was the Mandalorian tracking?" I inquired.

Karga let out a sigh. "Helia, you know you're my favorite bounty hunter, but-"

I scoffed. "I bet you say the same to the Mandalorian."

Karga placed a hand on his chest. "Oh Helia, you wound me. You know you're a good friend of mine."

I placed my left arm on the table and slightly raised my hand as I spoke. "And because I'm a good friend of yours, you'll tell me all you know about the bounty that the Mando is searching for."

Karga looked at me vacantly for a moment before he replied. "Look you're a good friend of mine, so I will tell you all you know. Just keep this between the two of us."

A grin grew on my face. "Of course."

"The client is part of the last remnants of the Empire. They're searching for a person, not exactly sure who, but all I know is it's fifty years old." Karga explained.

The Empire? Nothing good came out from those people. What did they want with a fifty year old? Was the Empire looking for Jedi? I felt a shiver down my spine. The Emperor and Vader are dead, there's no one else who would be interested in those who are Force-sensitive, right? Before I could pry for more information, Saucer Head approached us. No doubt he wanted another bounty puck after he failed the past several times.

Karga sighed. "Look, I told you. I'm not interested in your excuses."

Saucer Head protested. Karga cut him off. "You had your shot, dust breather, but you failed. No pucks for you. Now get outta here!"

Saucer Head eventually gave up, storming off. Once he left, Karga's scowl faded and was replaced with a smile. "Ah! Mando!"

At Karga's words, I turned around around to see the Mandalorian in Beskar armor that looked brand new. All the bounty hunters in the room, glared at the Mandalorian. As soon as he approached us, Karga let out a laugh. "They all hate you, Mando. Because you're a legend!"

"How many of them had tracking fobs?" The Mandalorian asked.

"All of them. All of them!" Karga exclaimed.

The Mandalorian glanced over at me. I couldn't see his face as he had his helmet on, but I knew he was looking at me. He was probably wondering if I had a tracking fob.

"All except for Helia here. But not one of them closed the deal." Karga added. "Only you, Mando. Only you. And with it, the richest reward this parsec has ever seen. Please sit, my friend."

"I should go-" I began.

Karga cut me off at once. "No, you can stay. You are also my friend and one of my valuable partners."

I scooted over so he could sit. Once he took off his rifle from his back, he sat down beside me. I heard growling and we all looked over to see Ani glaring at the Mandalorian. Ani was very protective of me and it took him a while to trust those around me.

"Ani, koccic sulng. He's not an enemy." I reprimanded.

At once, Ani stopped glaring at the Mandalorian and plopped down on the ground beside our booth. I wore a sheepish smile as I looked over at the Mandalorian. "Sorry about him, he's just protective of me."

The Mandalorian glanced over at me. He merely gave me a small nod before turning his attention back to Karga. I hated how he wore a helmet, because I could never see his emotions.

"They're all weighing the Beskar in their minds, but not me. No. I, for one, I celebrate your success. Because it is my success as well. Hell! Even I am rich." Karga mentioned. He then revealed Beskar from his tunic before tucking it back in. "Now, how can I show my gratitude to one of my most valuable partners?"

"I want my next job." The Mandalorian mentioned.

"Next job?" Karga repeated, rather baffled. "Take some time off. Enjoy yourself. I'll take you to the Twi'lek healing baths."

"I want my next job." The Mandalorian insisted.

"Sure, fine. You hunters like to keep busy, right?" Karga questioned. He then took out a sack of several pucks. "Well, these are all far away."

"The further, the better." The Mandalorian retorted.

"Well, take your pick. You've earned it." Karga replied.

The Mandalorian then grabbed a puck, causing Karga to smile. "Ah. That's the best one of the lot. A nobleman's son skipped bail. Looks like you're headed to the ocean dunes of Karnac."

The Mandalorian then got up, taking his rifle, and began to walk away. Karga then turned his attention towards me.

"How about you, Helia? You want your next job?" Karga inquired.

Before I could answer, the Mandalorian returned back to the booth. This had startled me as I has not expected him to be back so soon.

"Any idea what they're gonna do with it?" He asked.

"With what?" Karga inquired.

"The kid." The Mandalorian mentioned.

My eyes widened. Kid? Karga said the bounty was fifty years old. A million thoughts filled my mind.

"I didn't ask. It's against the Guild Code." Karga mentioned.

"They work for the Empire. What are they doing here?" The Mandalorian asked.

I was surprised by his questions. No one here in the Guild ever cared about what happened to the bounties they turned in. I wished to turn in these enemies to the Republic. Out of all people, I never expected the Mandalorian to care. He didn't strike me as that person, but then again I barely knew the man.

"The Empire is gone, Mando. All that are left are mercenaries and warlords. But if it bothers you, just go back to the Core and report them to the New Republic." Karga commented.

Mandalorian scoffed. "That's a joke."

"Mando, enjoy your rewards. Buy a camtono of spice. By the time you come out of hyperdrive, you will have forgotten all about it." Karga suggested.

At his words, the Mandalorian took off without saying another word. After the Mandalorian left, Karga cleared his throat. "Now about your next job?"

I stood up from the booth at once before answering his question. "I'm taking a break. Ani, let's go."

I then stormed off before Karga had a chance to respond. Ani and I left the cantina and made our way to the marketplace in search for some answers about the remnants of the Empire here on Nevarro. As we asked around, I wasn't fortunate. No one knew about anyone who was a Empire sympathizer on this planet, making me frustrated. Nightfall was soon upon us and I found nothing, so I decided to return to the cantina to get my next job. Before I could reach Karga, I heard everyone's tracking fobs including Karga's activate, which baffled me. Then it hit me, the Mandalorian's words came back to me.

"How many of them had tracking fobs?"

All of them, except for me. And if activated that meant someone took the kid. In a heartbeat, everyone in the cantina rushed out. As Karga reached the front door, he spotted me and rushed to my side.

"Helia, we must all go. The bounty has been taken and I know a certain person who took it." He mentioned.

"Greef, don't tell me you think the Mandalorian took the bounty back?" I inquired.

"I have my suspicions and they're rightfully justified, especially with those questions he asked. He broke the code and you better help us if you don't want to end up like him." He warned.

I nodded. "Of course, I'm coming."

With that, I followed Karga and the others from the Guild out into the streets. As they walked past the streets and towards the entrance of town near the Mandalorian's ship, Ani and I slipped behind. Fortunately, no one noticed and I made my way towards a roof top, away from everyone else. I felt conflicted as I wanted nothing to do with the Empire. And if side with Karga, then I'll be helping the Empire, which is last thing I want to do. With those thoughts in mind, I took out a sniper rifle, getting prepared to strike. I watched as the Mandalorian walked through the town while the bounty hunters crept up around him. It wasn't long until they surrounded him. I glanced over at the Mandalorian's left arm to see something wrapped up in brown cloth. I wondered if it was the kid.

"Welcome back, Mando! Now put the package down." Karga greeted.

"Step aside. I'm going to my ship." The Mandalorian warned.

"You put the bounty down and perhaps I'll let you pass." Karga mentioned.

"The kid's coming with me." The Mandalorian retorted.

"If you truly care about the kid, then you'll put it on the speeder and we'll discuss terms." Karga warned.

"How do I know I can trust you?" The Mandalorian asked.

"Because I'm your only hope." Karga said.

The Mandalorian walked over towards a speeder near the where I was. He looked down at the brown cloth and it was then when I saw the child. It was a species I didn't know. He was small, green, and had pointy ears. His eyes were closed, but for some reason I felt a pull towards him. Rather intrigued, I felt something strange. And the next thing I knew, I felt the child's heartbeat and sensed his emotions. I felt the energy surround him. My eyes widened as I realized what had happened. I knew that whatever happened today I had to protect the child.

The Mandalorian then hopped into the speeder before shooting down a few bounty hunters. He then forced the droid controlling the speeder to drive him towards his ship. Without thinking twice, I aimed my pistol rifle at the bounty hunters on the rooftops across from me. I quickly fired, shooting down a row of bounty hunters. They all tumbled down to the ground. It wasn't long until the bounty hunters discovered who had betrayed them. Ani and I ducked, missing the blasts by centimeters.

I glanced down at the Mandalorian to see him looking back up at me. No doubt he was wondering why I had helped him out. I gave him a nod and he gave me a firm nod back. The speeder eventually stopped though as Karga shot the droid that was controlling the speeder. He then took out his Amban sniper rifle and began to vaporize a few of the bounty hunters.

"That's one impressive weapon!" Karga shouted.

"Here's what I'll do. I'm gonna walk to my ship with the kid and you're gonna let it happen." The Mandalorian replied.

"No. How about this? We take the kid, and if you try to stop us, we kill you and we strip your body for parts." Karga retorted.

The bounty hunters charged towards the Mandalorian and he did his best to fight them off. I quickly placed my rifle on my back. Without thinking twice, I jumped off the roof and onto the ground in front of the speeder. I let out a whistle and in a heartbeat, Ani jumped off the building and landed beside me. I took out my blaster pistols, firing down the bounty hunters who dared to come near the speeder where the Mandalorian and the child were. Ani also helped me out, taking down any that I had missed.

I whipped around, sensing a bounty hunter behind me. Once I turned, the bounty hunter had been shot to the ground by the Mandalorian. I gave him a small smile and in return, he gave me a nod. We then fought side by side, fighting off the bounty hunters. But there was too many of them. At that moment, we saw several Mandalorians flying in the air with jetpacks. They quickly joined in the fight, helping to take down the bounty hunters. While the Mandalorian was occupied, talking to another Mandalorian, I noticed Karga sneak off into his ship. I watched as the Mandalorian rushed towards his ship with the child in his arms. I called Ani before trailing behind him. As soon as Ani and I arrived at the ship, I saw Karga in front of me with his back faced towards me. He had a blaster pointed at the Mandalorian.

"Hold it, Mando. I didn't want it to come to this. But then you broke the Code." Karga mentioned.

The Mandalorian then used one of the gadgets on his vambrace quickly spraying Karga with tibanna gas. He then took this opportunity to blast Karga and I helped by kicking him out. Once he fell out of the ship, the Mandalorian then looked over at me. "Why did you help me?"

I scoffed. "Really? I help you and I don't even get a thank you?"

The Mandalorian sighed. "Thank you."

"Now was that so hard to say?" I teased.

I couldn't see his face, but I knew he was probably glaring at me. He tilted his head as he replied. "Why did you help me?"

My face fell, not expecting him to be so persistent. Several answers swarmed around my head, but I hesitated to say any of them out loud. I didn't like to speak of my past.

"Because you're doing the right thing." I replied. "Allow me to come with you."

"No." He said.

"Look I have my own ship. I could help you. Besides I'm no longer a friend to the Guild." I pointed out. "I'm an excellent fighter, I know many languages, and I'm great at fixing things."

He then stared at me for a few moments as if he was observing me. I anxiously waited for his response. He then let out a sigh. "Fine. But you better hurry."

I grinned. "I'll be right behind you, Mandalorian! Come on Ani!"

Ani and I then quickly boarded the Naberrie Maiden, following the Mandalorian's ship out of Nevarro. After being here for two years, I didn't think I'd be leaving so soon. But I wasn't complaining.

~Soundtrack~

01. Heart Of Darkness by Tommee Profitt ft. Sam Tinnesz

02. Just Give Me A Reason by Pink ft. Nate Ruess 

03. Heart of Stone by Iko

04. Love Runs Out by One Republic

05. Birds by Imagine Dragons

06. Lovely by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid

07. Who Are You by Svrcina

08. Like Talks by Of Monsters and Men

09. Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars

10. Finally//Beautiful Stranger by Halsey

11. When The Truth Hunts You Down by Sam Tinnesz

12. Dragonflies by Svrcina

13. Secrets by One Republic

14. Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars

15. Let Her Go by Passenger

16. Zombie by Bad Wolves

17. Dreamin by The Score ft. Blackbear

18. Human by Rag'n'Bone Man

19. Flares by The Script

20. I Found by Amber Run

21. I Love You by Billie Eilish

22. Everything I Wanted by Billie Eilish

23. Game Of Survival by Ruelle

24. The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

25. In The End by 2WEI

26. Paralyzed by NF

27. Survivor by 2WEI

28. Home by Vince Staples ft. Richie Kohan

29. Hold On by Chord Overstreet

30. The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes ft. Ryan Tedder

31. Heroes by Peter Gabriel

32. Runnin' by Adam Lambert

33. Breaking The Habit by Linkin Park

34. Sad Song by We The Kings ft. Elena Coats

35. Any Other Way by We The Kings

36. Paint It, Black by Ciara

37. Home by Vince Staples ft. Richie Kohan

38. Hope In The Air by Laura Marling

39. Glory and Glore by Lorde

40. You Are The Reason by Calum Scott

~Translations~

Koccic sulng---Be quiet (Old Corellian)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

909 22 15
The Mandalorian gets more than he bargained for when he takes a risky job in exchange for information on a Jedi. Preferring to work alone, he is frus...
17.7K 543 43
He's the best bounty hunter in the parsec and she's his most valuable mission yet... After returning Grogu to the Jedi, Din is alone once again. He...
80K 1.6K 14
(Highest Rank: 35 in #Reader) (Y/n) meets the Mandalorian when she's only 17. Truly brought together by fate, she tags along on his voyage. One late...
15.4K 332 76
Kyria Organa is the younger sister of Senator Bail Organa. Despite the Jedi Code, the young woman has maintained a strong bond with her family, espec...