Faryah

By Kulthumm_a

Ever Since Faryah was six, she couldn't say words out loud. She was mute due to an alleged accident she had w... More

Prologue
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8
9.
10
11.
12
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Finale
Bonus Chapter
A truck load of thanks

34.

412 44 0
By Kulthumm_a

------------ Los Angeles, California.

------------------------A month and two weeks later( UCLA, Department of Business Administration)

I took a deep breath as I walked down the stairs to the front stage of the class. A lot had happened that made me reach here today. A month passed by so quickly with me living my life gracefully. I never thought my life was ever going to be this great. Each day was filled with amazing memories, all thanks to my husband and his family and friends that became my friends. Even though I didn't really get a clue or a lead on my real parents, I bore in mind that Allah's timing was always the best.

Khalid and I were doing pretty much great and I managed to make him watch some sermons by Mufti Menk and Bilal Philips on YouTube. I was glad that he wasn't pushing my efforts away and was making an effort to see the right path and fully accept it. That was my goal. Forcing him to convert was just going to be a plain waste of time. He wasn't going to be committed at all if I did things that way.

GrandPa and Ummah were doing fine and news reached me that Firdaus was changing for the better. I really hoped so. I always prayed for the bully in her to vanish into thin air and for her to realise that GrandPa and Ummah did all their best to shape her well. She had to finally realise that even though I wasn't related to them by blood, I was still their family and we loved each other equally.

Khalifa and I had been catching up lately, for the past few days. We became friends I guess, he was nice, he had serious anger issues that needed controlling and I also found out that he and RiRi were actually maternal cousins. No wonder he looked a little like her. RiRi was graduating soon too and after that, she was going to go meet her parents in Malaysia and do her masters there.

To be honest, I never thought about the Miss UCLA 2019 thingy but just three days ago, Natalie and her crew announced the three final nominees for the award. I and Sophia and another lady were in. Sophia was excited and she wanted us to get dresses for the event. Khalid talked me into going with her cause I was just planning on wearing one of the dresses I got when I went shopping with Sophia like a few months ago.

We were graduating in two weeks time. I really was anxious. I was finally going to be a BA graduate. I loved the course for some unknown reason. It was like Natures call and finally I was graduating. In just 14 days. Alhamdulillah.

Sophia had already booked us an appointment with an upcoming designer she said was late Neill's girlfriend. We were going to be meeting her today for our convocation and dinner outfits. The dinner was supposed to be like an event for the graduands. Celebrating their victory. I was hesitant to go but Khalid and Sophia almost forced me to. All those events thingies weren't my thing. 

But I was happy and I was really thankful to Allah. Alhamdulillah.

I smiled widely as I came back to reality and looked at the crowd in front of me. The Dean of BA was here, as well as head of accounting, banking and finance, public administration and the rest under Business. I had to prove myself worthy of graduating from UCLA. I was going to be making people proud about me and I was most importantly making myself proud.

I prepared my thesis and I was ready to present. " Good day everyone, my name is Faryah Mustapha" I started as I dimmed the lights in the room. It was time.

Olyster Textiles.

I've never more happier and busier. The grand Launch was in two weeks time and same was Faryah and Sophia's graduation. Faryah was presenting her thesis and I reviewed it before further process and it was good. Very good.

Everything was almost set for the event. The venue was ready, decorations, catering services, dj's, and photographers. The only things that was still giving us issues was the guest list.

Mother's birthday surprise was also coming up well, greatly. I still needed the perfect gift for her. I was hoping Faryah and I could choose something for her together.

The days that passed by pretty quickly were filled with lots of memorable memories. She made me watch some interesting sermons by Bilal Philips and Mufti Menk. I had to admit, they were pretty convincing about the value of Islam. They made me really believe that Islam was really a religion of peace. But nobody was perfect when practicing the religion, nobody had to be. All you had to do was to try your best to please Allah. I heard some surprising stories, but I got to finally realise that the impossible could happen if you had Faith in Allah.

" Sir, the new and updated guest list is here, Sir Brandon checked it out and his secretary sent it here for you to review it and for you to give your final say and a go for the team to prepare the invites and send them out" My secretary said as she walked into my office. After reviewing them, I was leaving. Faryah was done with her presentation by now and I needed to take her and Sophia to go see Sandra. We were lucky she was available now. She was supposed to be graduating soon too and leaving for London or France to pursue her dreams. She had moved on from Neill pretty nicely and she focused more on her classes and school. I was happy for all three of them. Most especially my wife.

I bought a house for us, pretty big, but comfortable, and I was planning on showing it to her on the night before their graduation. She was going to style it the way she wanted. It was a seven bedroom house, with a pool, an indoor gym and beautiful gardens. I knew she was going to love it. We were going to build our family there. I was also planning on asking her to get married to me again. This time, we were going to be happier. A peaceful Islamic wedding with our family members and friends. She was definitely going to be on board with the idea. I tried contacting Pamela but I heard she resigned from the hospital and is now in Rome. She went back to her family, I really hoped she was ready to face them. The last time I checked, she wasn't. I just prayed for her, and hoped she was making the right choices for her life. I took my time reviewing the list. Brandon already sent invites to the famous designers and famous people he wanted at the grand launch for them to prepare their various looks ahead of time. This list was for the other guests. Investors, clients, friends and other random guests worldwide. Every invite was to come with a plus one.

After reviewing the list I signed and sent them to the secretary to send it our team in charge of them. I turned off my laptop and set out for UCLA. " Dude" Ethan called immediately I got out of my office. " Man, I need to go meet Faryah and your lady" I smiled as I hurriedly walked towards the elevator with him walking by my side. " Yes, I know and I want to talk to you and ask for your permission about something" He answered as we got into the elevator together. " What's up?" I asked and watched him sigh nervously. I rolled my eyes and patted his shoulder. " Speak up man" I said gently. " Well, I want to come over to your place tonight, I don't want Sophia to be there" So weird. He always wanted to see Sophia. " Are you breaking up with her?" I asked with a brow raised. " Oh no, no, never" he answered instantly. " Then why don't you want to see Sophia?, or wait.." it hit me. He wanted to ask for their permission if he could go ahead and ask Sophia to marry him. " You want to ask for Sophia's hand in marriage" I added and watched him smile sheepishly. I really couldn't believe this idiot was going to get married to my younger sister. They made me a cute couple, they love each other, yes, he always smarter when he was around her, but he was still cutely dumb at some point. Like when we followed the police to raid Daisy.

" well congrats man" I finally said and watched him laugh. " Thanks man, so you'll help me get her out of your mansion tonight?" he asked and I nodded. "Good and also the papers for your house is ready, I'll bring them over to your house tonight okay" He added and I gave him a thumbs up. " Remember, you're coming with me to go get a ring for your sister" he said with a big smile. " Dude, you're too dumb to get married to my sister" I said and rolled my eyes. " Ouch, and thank you, she loves me like that"

" So you know you're dumb" I answered and looked at him. " Well I..... I didn't say so.." this was my chance to tease him. " You admit you're dumb" I cut him off before he could try defending himself. " No I..." I cut him off again. " You agreed you're dumb" I said again. I was pissing him off. " Grow up dude" He said and let out a little laugh as the elevator door opened. I really cherished my friendship with me. He was the only dummy that tolerated my anger and stood by me. " I'll see you tonight" I said as I walked away from him. Faryah was going to help me with keeping Sophia away from the mansion tonight.

I got to the university by 2:00pm and headed towards her department where I found her talking to her new friend. Khalifa. An African. I didn't like him, he didn't really look trustworthy. " Habibaty" I called her attention and she instantly came running towards me. " I did it" she squealed as she ended up hugging me tightly and giggling like a three year old. I had to laugh too. Her giggle was contagious. " I knew you would" I said as she let go of me. " I am finally going to graduate" she squealed as she jumped up and down and did a happy dance. " Yay" I said as I laughed at her and watched her celebrity. " Alhamdulillah, Khalifa made it too" She said as the Khalifa guy walked to us.

" Congrats" I said to him and he smiled genuinely. Dude was handsome. I really hoped he wasn't hitting on my wife when I wasn't around. " Thank you" he answered and took a quick glance at hyper Faryah. He liked her. I could feel it. " your wife has a knack for business" he added and I smirked a little. " Yes, she does, she's blessed" I answered and watched her smile again. " Well, I have to go now" He said with a nice smile. " Okay then, Bye" Faryah bid and he nodded simply at me before leaving.

" So hyper Faryah, I have news for you" I said as I threw my arm round her shoulder and pulled her closer to me and collected her bag from her. " First, Sophia said we should wait here for here" She said as she pulled me towards the bench I usually sat down on. " Sure" I answered and followed her. She and Sophia were nominated for the three finalists in the Miss UCLA 2019 awards. That was why we were going to see Sandra. To get their dresses ready for the dinner.

" So, Ethan needs your help" I started as she looked at me. " What's up?" she asked. " He wants to officially seek Mother and Brandon's permission to get married to Sophia tonight and he doesn't want her in the mansion this night, so you can think of something" I said straightforwardly. " Wow, I'm happy for her. I'll surely distract her, don't worry" she answered and smiled at her. " can I choose the colour of the dress you'll wear for your dinner?" That just popped up out of nowhere. " Uhmm sure I guess" she answered.

We reached Sandra's place by 3:00pm. Sophia was giddy but Faryah wasn't so amused. My wife didn't even want to attend the dinner but we forced her to. " Welcome guys, It's a pleasure to finally meet you Faryah" Sandra greeted immediately she opened the door and sighted Faryah from beside me. Her was curled up today and her smile was lighting up the area. " It's a pleasure to meet you too" Faryah said nicely as I and Sophia walked into her house. It was pretty much neater than ever. " Khalid made a nice choice for once in his life, would you like something to drink. I ordered snacks and I still have some cans of cola, you want some?" Sandra asked Faryah and she continued blushing like a baby. " water is fine" Faryah answered as she threw herself on the beanbag and admired Sandra's living room. " Sandy cheeks, which snack exactly did you order?" Sophia asked as she turned her Tv on. " Doughnuts and pizza" She answered as she walked to her kitchen. " Yay" Sophia chirped as I sat on a free couch.

" Here's your water, so why don't we get down to business" Sandra said as she handed Faryah a bottled water and sat in front of her, giving her a closer look. " Stop looking at my wife like that" I shot and heard her giggle. " Dude, I'm not going to swallow her, I'm only admiring her beauty and thinking of ideas for her" she said as she got up from where she sat and took a book from the centre table. " Faryah, come" I called and she willingly obeyed. She sat beside me as Sandra and Sophia looked through some of her work.

" Sophia, which colour are you going for?" Sandra started as she took her pencil. " A breath-taking colour, something out of the ordinary" She answered and I almost laughed out loud. " You should get something out of the ordinary if you are out of the ordinary, don't get what you're not Soph" I teased and heard her growl and Sandra laugh. " Faryah what do you think?" Sophia asked and all our attention went to quiet Faryah. " Well Uhmm, I think Sandra should sketch out the dress first before you pick a colour" She said as she sipped from her water.

" Alright then Sandy cheeks let's get working" Sophia said as she sat upright.  " what do you want Soph?" Sandra asked and I looked at Faryah. She was enjoying the conversation. I was going to fall asleep. Girls could blab for hours over clothes. " Curvy" I heard Sophia say and I almost choked on my saliva. " Curvy?, what curves do you want to show?" I teased again. " Come on Khalid" She was rolling her eyes and grumbling. " Ugh, Sandy cheeks be honest, what's going to fit this amazing body of mine, you need to have some ideas for me" Sophia said as she got up and sashayed around. " Can I say something?" Faryah finally spoke up. Let's see if my wife had a great fashion sense.

" Don't go for fitted" She added as she got up from beside and walked to Sophia. " why not?"

" Fitted is not proper, you can still go for something modest and stand out" She replied with a small smile. " Yeah Soph, curvy ain't for you" Sandra added. " Then what is?"

" A trash can" I was just stating my opinion. " Khalid come on, be serious" Sophia whined. " Fine" I had nothing for her. " Uhmm, light pink, not so light... Sandra, look, let's see a high-low long-sleeved straight-neck blouse, the low at the back should be pretty long to make the short train. At the front of the blouse, cover the material up with dull pink rose flowers you know. The sleeves and the front of the blouse, with a little ruffle just a few metres below her bust , should be decorated with flowers, with tiny sequins on them, then at the back, the train we'll use some flowers to create a pattern with pearls to follow and decorate the train, right from the back of the dress. The back shoulder line should be straight too, no curvy line, no skin should be exposed " Faryah described with Sophia's body as Sandra sketched. The idea was nice. Pretty classy for Sophia, and pretty wonderful for Faryah to come up with. " I like that idea, Sandra did you sketch that?" Sophia asked and she showed them a perfect display of Faryah's description. " Faryah's good with this I have to admit, it's excellent and your kind of wow" Sandra said as Sophia collected the book from her. " How did you come up with this beauty?" Sophia asked with her eyes filled with happiness. " I just thought of something, I'm glad I made sense to you guys " Faryah said with a wide smile.

" You really are great at what ever you do" I complimented as she sat beside me and she smiled at me. " Well the idea just popped in my head" she answered as the door bell rang and Sandra went to get it almost instantly. The snacks were here.

I ate gracefully as the ladies continued blabbing about their dress ideas. The doughnuts were amazingly good. I couldn't wait to get out of here. "  pair that epic pink blouse with a white straight skirt" Sophia said as she munched on the pizza. " And I'll add some final touches to it" They were done with Sophia's dinner dress finally. " Yes" She answered and Sophia smiled widely. " Thanks Faryah" Sophia thanked and Faryah just smiled. Like she used to when she was mute. Thank goodness those days were gone for good. " So Faryah you next, what colour are we aiming for?" This was my cue.

" Royal blue"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 26.1K 92
*BOOK ONE IN THE ALL THAT GLITTERS TRILOGY Walking out of an abusive marriage 'unscathed', Khadijah thought that was her salvation, the end of her su...
223K 32.8K 84
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
151K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...
64.6K 13.3K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...