Love Me Alpha

By SoulMated

Holly is a young werewolf who has been singled out her whole life, but when her pack finally pushes her too f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 39

403K 9.2K 936
By SoulMated

Chapter 39

Holly’s POV

“You look fine” Adrian told me for the third time in the past five minutes as I tugged at the bottom of my dress. It was a pretty dress I thought, a light peachy pink that came to just the tops of my thighs and flared out slightly at the waist.

“Is it cold out?” I asked nervously, pulling on a pair of thermal tights as I sat on the edge of the already made bed. I flushed as I remembered what my mate had done to me only a few moments ago.

Clearly knowing what had caused my blush he smirked, shooting me a wink causing me to huff.

“Cheer up sweetheart” was all he sniggered. “But what your wearing should be ok, we’ll be inside and the snows already starting to melt” he told me in all seriousness causing me to nod. I trusted his judgement completely.

“If you say so,”

With that I tugged on my pea green coat before grabbing his hand as he held it outstretched for me, my fingers curling around his own as he tugged me close gently.

It didn’t take us long to arrive at the familiar looking house, Adrian turning off the car as he parked in the drive before a small growl rumbled out of his throat from his chest. I turned to face him, confused.

“What’s wrong?” I asked nervously, thinking something was up.

“They had better no start anything, I am not in the mood” he grunted out.

At that I frowned. “I thought you would be happy after this morning?” I tilted my head to the side before flushing at my boldness. “I mean…”

I stopped when he suddenly burst out in a throaty chuckle, the fact my wolf purred deliciously at the sound the only reason I wasn’t bright with embarrassment.

“You made me very happy this morning,” he grinned broadly making me squirm under his bright eyed gaze. “It’s just, I don’t want it to be ruined by two pathetic pups who don’t know how to obey!” he scowled.

“But you’re meant to teach them, yes?”

“I am, and I will. But they have to want to be taught, sweetie” he explained, though not in a patronising manner which I was thankful for. “When it comes to pups likes these, over arrogant and cocky it isn’t safe to have them running wild” he added.

Chewing on my bottom lip I nodded, thinking it over before realising that it made sense. I pecked him on the cheek in thanks, for not only sharing his thoughts on the matter at hand but for being patient with me.

“Shall we go in?” he asked causing me to nod.

Adrian ran around to open my door, me not having time to do so myself before he was standing next to me. I grabbed his hand as he helped me out. I wasn’t as shaky on my legs any more, hadn’t been for a while now, but that didn’t mean my legs could give out on me all of a sudden out of nowhere.

Not to mention since Adrian’s panic that something was wrong with me he was being incredibly cautious. I found it sweet, but I wasn’t worried. I felt fine really.

Heading to the door Adrian firmly knocked, it only being a few seconds before the door opened revealing Rebecca who looked incredibly nervous. She must have been staring at the car outside from the moment we arrived; I wouldn’t have put it past her when I caught sight of her expression.

I smiled, trying to ease her nerves but I didn’t think it worked.

“Alpha” Rebecca nodded, quickly fully opening the door. “Please come in.”

Nodding I watched intrigued as Adrian had schooled his features into an stern expression, though as soon as she turned to head back inside he turned to shoot me a wink. I was fascinated by how easily his features lapsed into a soft expression, his eyes full of enough adoration that I couldn’t help but press my face into his chest as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I love you” I whispered, still shocked at how the words sounded coming from my mouth. It was strange, but a good strange.

I felt his emotional reaction through our bond, how much he felt about me making me almost tear up.

“I love you too, sweetheart” he murmured, his lips pressing against the crown of my head causing me to sigh in content.

I didn’t know how long we stood there until I felt Adrian wrap his arm around my waist and pull me close to his side, leading us into the familiar house before shutting the door gently behind us.

Back to business then I guess. I didn’t mind, I found it all interesting since my old pack – if you could even call them that – had never let me get involved in any of the mechanics of how to run a pack. I was learning so much already. It was nice.

Walking into the living room I immediately felt Adrian stiffen at the sight of both Sophie and Liam sitting on the couch, both frustrated and nervous expressions on their faces. I also felt it as Adrian pulled me closer against him almost protectively, possessively.  

It was tense for exactly twelve seconds before Rebecca seemed to nervously break the tension.

“Liam, Sophie, this is Adrian” she introduced nervously. It was clear she had previously remembered that our last visit hadn’t even gotten to introductions before they had successfully pissed him off. “This is our alpha, and this is…oh god, I am so sorry I forgot your name” she blurted out trembling.

I felt Adrian’s hand clench against where it was resting against my thigh, us having finally taken a seat. “It’s Holly” I quickly cut in before Adrian could come up with some crass comment. I could tell it annoyed him that she ad forgotten, and once again I found it sweet how willing he was to stand up for me.

“Oh course, and this is Holly, his mate” she stated in a clear, warning tone towards both her son and daughter. They looked like a pair of kids caught with their hand stuck in a cookie jar.

“It’s nice to meet you, sir” the female spoke in a polite but forced tone.

“And you ma’am” the boy cut in, making me shift uncomfortably at how his eyes focused on my legs.

I didn’t like it. I didn’t like attention, never had and never will and unless it was Adrian, my mate who I loved and trusted, who looked at me in such a way it made me want to do nothing more but to run and hide.

It seemed Adrian noticed this as well if the snarl escaping his mouth was anything to go by.

Rubbing his hand soothingly, staying calm while the Pennies family seemed to flinch at the sound, I stayed quiet and let Adrian deal with it. I had to admit I was curious to how things would go from here on out.

“I will give you one more warning, divert your eyes now!”

His tone really shouldn’t have given me delectable shivers, right? Not when the three other occupants of the room were trembling at his tone…and I don’t think it was from pleasure.

It was quiet after that, uncomfortably quiet. That was until Adrian broke it again, his voice firm but it was less harsh then it had been before.

“I want you to tell me why I have prevented you from phasing. I warn you now, it would not serve you well to lie to me” he stated bluntly.

It was the girl who spoke first. “I…urm, made your girlfriend uncomfortable because I flirted with you?” she asked with a shrug.

I frowned at the term, ‘girlfriend’ seemed to, I don’t know, vague as a way to describe mates.

Turned out Adrian must have thought so to.

“Do you to understand what a mate means?” he asked curiously, though his tone was still like steel. I liked it. Made me feel protected, safe.

“It’s like a long-term partner?” Sophie smirked, clearly happy with herself. 

“It’s permanent. It means that if you offend her, hurt her, lust after her, then you’re dead” he stated bluntly, causing me to flush when I realised he was no longer talking about in general but about me specifically.

“Isn’t that a bit of an overreaction?” Liam asked with a snort. I could tell he was really testing Adrian’s patience; he wasn’t the most patient of alphas. My mates next comment surprised me somewhat however.

“I would consider it an understatement. You see I wouldn’t just kill you, oh no that would be far too easy. I would let you run, taunt you so that you would have the false hope of getting away. Then if you so much as hurt her, I would make sure what I would inflict on you was enough to have you in so much pain you couldn’t remember your own name” he spoke so icily that even I shivered at his tone.

Feeling my reaction I felt his hand run soothingly up and down my thigh, his lips pressing against my forehead but he never took his gaze off the two pale children sitting in front of him. I had heard he was a harsh but fair alpha, but this was nothing like I had ever seen before.

Did it really work?

I almost snorted at the thought. Of course it must work, he was one of the most successful packs known after all and he had to have gotten there somehow. It was impressive to say the least.

“You ok?” I heard him murmur, his concern leaking through our joint bond.

“Yea,” I replied softly. Because I was ok, more than ok.

When neither Sophie nor Liam seemed to have anything to say I once again fidgeted under the awkwardness of the situation before I turned back towards Rebecca who was standing next to her children nervously.

“Do you mind if I use your bathroom?” I asked softly, hoping that she would be fine with it.

It seemed to snap her out of whatever mental haze she had been trapped in as she hurriedly nodded. “Yes, of course. It’s the second door on the left.”

Nodding I turned my head to peck Adrian on the lips quickly before flushing at my action, quickly pushing his hand away as I stood up when I felt it creep down my back before moving to settle on my arse. I knew I must have been bright red as I hurried to the bathroom, leaving his breathy chuckles behind me.

He could be such a pervert at times.

I was surprised how much I liked it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.9K 932 27
Holly is a young women who is desperate to find her mate, to find the man who she knew would protect her with his own life. With powerful Alpha blood...
799 78 5
Vivian was to become the Alpha female of a powerful pack due to an arranged mating set up by the elders when she was just three years old. The Alpha...
29K 990 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
563 2 10
Meet Claire Randy. She's a kind, caring person. She's beautiful but no one ever tells her. She's sarcastic. She loves her family and friends more tha...