My Man, My Admirer (Cake Fanf...

By surfingcake

Calum Hood, the bassist from the rock band "5 Seconds of Summer" has feelings for the lead singer of the band... More

My Man, My Admirer || Cake Fanfiction
Chapter 1 - What's wrong with Luke?
Chapter 2 - Accidental Love Letters
Chapter 3 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 4 - Confessions
Chapter 5 - Because it Benefits Me
Chapter 6 - Too Confused
Chapter 7 - Who's my Man?
Chapter 8 - Mr. Confident
Chapter 9 - #CakeLL
Chapter 10 - Bound to L.A.
Chapter 11 - Breaking His Heart
Chapter 12 - I Do
Chapter 13 - The Library of Love
Chapter 14 - Movies & Cuddles
Chapter 15 - It's Not Stress
Chapter 16 - We're Brothers
Chapter 17 - The Truth
Chapter 18 - Surprise Lucas
Chapter 19 - Not a Perfect Christmas
Chapter 20 - Redoing Christmas
Chapter 21 - Back at it Again
Chapter 22 - Tour Bus
Chapter 23 - Stay Safe, Please
Chapter 24 - Running Away
Chapter 25 - Soon
Chapter 26 - Nothing But Awkward
Chapter 27 - Raining on the Rooftop
Chapter 28 - Second Chances
Chapter 29 - Reunion Plans
Chapter 30 - Doubts and Questions
Chapter 31 - Perfect Two
Chapter 32 - Back Home
Chapter 33 - 12:00 AM
Chapter 34 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 35 - Mobbed
Chapter 36 - Under The Sea
Chapter 37 - Daniel and Chris
Chapter 38 - Dogsitting Pt.1
Chapter 39 - Dogsitting Pt.2
Chapter 40 - Dogsitting Pt.3
Chapter 41 - National Anthem
Chapter 42 - Dream Big Luke
Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum
Chapter 44 - Dream Big Ashton
Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael
Chapter 46 - Mess Up
Chapter 47 - Red & White Dye
Chapter 48 - Replacement
Chapter 49 - Livestream
Epilogue (and more)

Chapter 50 - New Beginnings

2.5K 97 107
By surfingcake

Hi beauties.

So, let's see how this chapter (story:() ends.

Please stay to read the epilogue next week :D

It would show me how much you appreciated this story.

Well, ENJOY! <3

--

(Calum's POV)

"Sorry, but if you are part of the flight to Australia, due at 6:39pm, you have missed your flight. Please reach the front desk to purchase tickets for the next available flight. Thank you."

"What the hell." Luke mumbled, as we watched our plane leave into the sky. He groaned and collapsed onto a near chair, Ashton and Michael following him. We threw our bags onto a windowsill nearby. I wiped a drip of sweat coming down from my forehead.

"The one flight we don't want to miss, is the one we actually miss." Ashton complained, trying to get comfortable on a wooden bench. The gate that we're at was empty, everyone was gone from the last flight that left. Sooner or later, a herd of people will come in and find us.

"Ash, go get tickets at the front desk please."

"But-"

"Ash." I said, a little more sternly. "You're the oldest, please get them."

Ashton slightly cursed under his breath before walking towards the front desk, hood up and sunglasses on. Michael lazily got up from his seat and ran up to Ashton, helping him buy the tickets. I heard a small snore behind me, and I turned around to see Luke fast asleep.

His hood was up and he was wearing my glasses.

"What a princess." I smiled, stroking his cheek lightly. He grinned slightly in his sleep, and shifted his position so that he was falling asleep on my lap. I leaned against the window and watched the planes take off for a few minutes, before falling asleep myself.

(Ashton's POV) 

Michael and I walked and turned a few more corners, before reaching the front desk. We walked in silence for the most part, but it broke when he gave me his wallet to purchase tickets. He handed me his brown floppy wallet and took his license out.

"Thank you."

"Yeah."

The woman at the front desk, luckily didn't even recognize us as we purchased new tickets. She gave Michael an eye at his rainbow hair, but he just shrugged. Nodding, she seemed like she decided not to question him any further. Of course, though, I was wrong.

"Five seconds of Summer? My daughter loves you boys." She whispered.

"Oh, I love us too." Michael mumbled tiredly. I elbowed his shoulder.

"We love your daughter too. Sorry, Michael's a little cocky." I replied with a bright smile.

"It's not a problem, have a safe flight and mind the fans. You guys usually have your own plane, but I hear that it's in repair."

"How do you-"

"My daughter knows everything about you guys. It seems creepy, but it's true. When I get home from work, she always talks on and on about your band." She explained, cutting me off.

"Oh, okay. Tell your daughter that I said hi." Michael responded, trying to make up for his rude behavior. I stood tall next to him, nodding in agreement. She just smiled, handed us our tickets, and waved the two of us goodbye.

Turning the same corners and going through the same hallways, we slowly approached the gate terminal from the flight we were supposed to be at. It had only been half an hour, but Luke and Calum were fast asleep by the window.

And our bags, were stolen.

"HELL NO!" Michael shouted, noticing it as well. Luke and Calum woke up, a little stirred up by Michael's loud voice. I put my hands on my head and shook it, clearly trying to look upset. I walked back and forth as the two lovebirds finally noticed.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry guys." Luke apologized, only to have Calum step forward.

"No, no. This is my fault because I fell asleep last. So, I'm sorry."

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO FELL ASLEEP! THE THING THAT MATTERS IS THE PERSON WHO TOOK OUR STUFF!" Michael yelled, frustrated.

I rubbed Michael's back and tried staying calm. He immediately relaxed under my touch. I rested my arm on his shoulder and looked towards the other two.

"It doesn't make any sense. T-The bags too heavy for one person to carry." Luke thought.

"Then it must have been a group of people." Calum suggested.

"Okay, okay guys. Luke, go to security and ask them for footage of this terminal from about thirty to fifteen minutes ago. We'll be right here." Michael said.

"Why me?"

"Because you need to be active to stay awake." I continued on with Michael.

Luke ran off towards the back of the airport as the three of us were left to just sit there. We decided not to tweet about it, because fans could be piling into this airport within seconds. I removed my fan disguise and opened up my phone. I shut it, once I heard a loud voice.

"Calum?"

"Erica!" Calum shouted back, running up to give her a hug. He swung her around as they both laughed and shared smiles. Michael shared a sad look with me, and I returned the same. Calum was giving this girl the eyes he gave to Luke. Loving ones.

This is Calum's ex-girlfriend.

"It's so good to see you! I haven't been catching up with your band for years because of the amount of research that I do in the lab. School is a pain." She giggled.

"Probably why I dropped out." Calum smirked, brushing off absolutely nothing on his leather jacket. Luke could be back in seconds, and he'd be disappointed at what he would see. I roll my eyes at Calum from behind the girl's back.

"Anyways, I know that you four make music and stuff, but I hear two of you guys are gay! That's great, because I'm basing my next theory on differences. Is it you two?"

I immediately shook my head as she pointed to Michael and I. Michael's cheeks tinted a light pink, mumbling a small 'no' in his breath. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion before she took Calum's hand. He gladly accepted it.

He. Gladly. Accepted. It.

"When's your flight?" Erica asked.

I tossed him the ticket and he looked at the bold gray time stamps. He smiled widely at the amount of time that he had left. "It's at midnight, let's go get something to eat."

My mouth dropped open as she and Calum left, hand in hand. Michael lifted my chin to close my mouth, but he stood their in utter shock as well. Luke ran back, coming in with the new evidence with our bags. He gave us a small smile, but looked behind us.

"Guys, where's Calum?" Luke asked.

"He's just chilling around the airport. You know-"

Luke suddenly dropped to the floor, noticing Calum and Erica still in sight with their hands intertwined. He started to hyperventilate. His phase was back again, but this time, it was a phase from his pain. He panted a few more times before shutting himself out, and passing out.

"Call an ambulance." Michael told me calmly.

I dialed the number and explained the situation. Luckily, they were all here within minutes. I patted Michael on the back as he entered the back of the truck with Luke, waiting for me to come in. I shook my head and backed away from the amulance.

"Ashton?"

"I'm staying to wait and talk to Calum." I shouted back, as the truck started to drive away. Michael gave me eyes of worry, but I only responded with eyes of reassurance. Everything will turn out all right, because it always has, right?

(Calum's POV)

Erica and I ate at this really fancy restaurant, and it reminded me of the days that we used to go out. I honestly missed that, but I do feel bad for ditching the boys on a short notice. As soon as we finished eating, I headed over to the restroom to clean up.

My phone continued to vibrate through the whole meal, so I decided to check it out. Ashton had been texting and calling me the entire time. Wonder what for?

About the twentieth time he called, I picked up.

"Sorry Ash, I was on a date with Erica. What do you need?" I asked, brushing off my jacket and cleaning the stains. I'm not the neatest person.

"Luke passed out because of you. Meet me in the terminal right away and if you seriously don't show up and ditch everything for your date, you're going to hear from Liz."

The line went dead, and I slipped my phone back into my deep pocket. I groaned, pulling my hair out of the way. I can't believe that I actually forgot about my boyfriend, or that I was in general, gay. He passed out because of me, because he saw me with her.

My heart ached, and I felt a tear travel down my face. I left Luke for my ex-girlfriend who I gave up for a chance to live my life. Now, I'm back to square one. I shook my head and pinched my arm, disappointed in what I did. I stormed out of the bathroom, and ignored Erica's many calls.

Once I was out of sight from the restaurant, I ran. I ran back into the airport and turned in my ticket to reach Luke. As soon as I arrived, all I saw was Ashton with a few security guards, them returning our bags and luggage.

"We got our stuff back!" I smiled as I reached Ashton, but he still was down.

"Luke's not in there, but that's obviously not what you were hoping." Ashton mumbled, kicking our bags to the side of the black bench. I frowned, awkwardly running a hand through my hair and letting it fall onto my thighs. "He's at the hospital."

"THEN LET'S GO!" I screamed, close to tears. I'm really close to losing the best thing that I've ever had. Not Erica, but Luke.

"We can't, calm dow-"

"HOW THE HELL CAN I CALM DOWN?" I yelled, tears starting to appear on my face. "I MADE MY OWN BOYFRIEND PASS OUT AND I FORGOT ABOUT HIM! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THAT EVEN FEELS LIKE!"

"CALUM!" I whisper-shouted, making his mouth shut. "People are looking."

"I'm such a bad boyfriend, even a bad friend."

"I was just as shocked as you, once you gave her that look. I was quite sad to be honest. You're just like everyone else though, making mistakes." I mentioned, trying to heal things.

My phone rang, and it was Michael. I handed my device to Calum and he snatched it from me, answering the call. His frown was starting to make me feel depressed. Maybe I should've gone easier on him.

"Hello? Yeah, I'm here. I'm so sorry, I'll give up anything to change what I did. Alright, tell him that I love him and still do. Uh, bye." Calum said into the phone.

He handed my phone back to me and sat down on the black bench in tears. I rubbed his back soothingly, but he only tensed up and scooted farther away from me. I sighed, resting a hand on my knee as I started to hum words to random songs.

- Small Time Skip - 

(Luke's POV) 

I walked out of the hospital, Michael gripping on to me in fear that I would fall over. I kept repeating that I was fine, but he wouldn't take any chances.

Anthony, Amayra, Amayra's boyfriend, and Sarah stopped by to see how I was doing. I mentioned that I was a little dizzy and that was it. Sarah looked after me for most of the time, and she was being such a sweetheart. It kind of killed me inside.

Apparently, I also figured out that Amayra's boyfriend was here and working with Calum's new other half in research about sexuality and the aquatic seas of the world. Two completely different topics, but they somehow have a relation to each other.

Michael and I arrived back to the airport and into our terminal. People started piling in, but no one noticed what I saw. Ashton and Calum in their disguises, sitting on opposite sides of each other. That girl was talking with Calum though, which made Ashton scoot over and interrupt.

"So, how'd you get your luggage and bags back?" She said out of the blue.

"None of your buisness, plus how did you know that we lost our stuff?" Calum retorted, raising his eyebrows. She put her hands up defensively and shrugged, taking her own luggage to head to another terminal.

"Date when we get back to Chicago?" She asked, fluttering her eyelashes. No.

"You know what? No! I made a mistake of even acknowledging you in the first place! I don't need you! I have the best boyfriend in the world, and his name is Luke Hemmings. I don't need an Erica in my life, I just need him. I made so many mistakes today, especially when I forgot about him. But you know, the biggest mistake was ever being with you." Calum rambled as Erica's face went bright pink.

The whole terminal, including others by us, watched the scene go down. Some fans surrounded the outer area of the terminal, while others recorded the scene. Erica gave Calum a slap on the cheek, before going away to her terminal. Calum rubbed his cheek and looked down at his hand.

"So!" I yelled, walking towards Calum. His eyes went wide as he ran up to me and gave me an enormous hug. I squealed at how tight he hugged me before looking at him. He let go of me and backed away a few steps. He seemed really disappointed.

"I'm sorry for everything Luke. I just wanted to-"

"I heard, and that's the sweetest compliment that I've ever gotten." I cutt him off, blushing,

He gave me a smile, before crashing his lips on mine. The people around, fans or strangers, erupted in cheers and applause as Calum and I looked deep into each other's eyes. Our nose touched, and I breathed in his scent. He smelled like peppermint.

"Never again, will I ever forget about the most important thing in my life." Calum mumbled. I only smiled and nodded as everyone continued to watch.

"Maybe I, maybe I overreacted. You know?" I questioned.

"You did not overreact, Luke. I would've done the same." Calum said. "Sometimes, I get to sucked up in things, and I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I responded, kissing his nose. "It's always okay. I feel like that we're the ultimate match, balancing each other out. I love you Calum."

"I love you too."

"Anyways, in celebration, maybe we could do a small gig here before we leave in two hours." Ashton and Michael said, coming between us. We just nodded and looked around at everyone, taking off our silly disguises that probably never worked. They screamed in excitement as we prepared.

The four of us sat at a bench, and took out the acoustic guitars and the red bass. Ashton sat at a wall, getting ready to start the beat for any song that we would sing.

"We're Five Seconds of Summer." I started, as a group of one hundred or more people started to sit down and surround us. "This is a sort of weird transition. You know, from a bad situation to a gig, but we do it all for you."

"Also, Luke Hemmings," Calum started, looking directly into my eyes, "I hope you forgive me, because I would like to start over."

"My name is Luke."

I took his hand and shook it, only to have him embrace me in a hug.

"Hi I'm Calum." He said into the hug.

"And I'm gay." Michael announced. We dropped our hug slowly before turning towards Michael. "If you're a homophobe, then just leave. I thought this would be the right time to say so, because it seems like eveyone is in the middle of starting over. If you haven't noticed the obvious, I've kept my hair a rainbow looking color for a long time."

He jumped onto a nearby chair, standing and confessed silently.

"I'm in love with you, Ashton Irwin."

--

*Cries* the story is basically over. :(

I hope you liked it a whole bunch!

New fanfic will be called: Seasons (Cake Fanfiction)

Vote? Comment? Share? Follow?

TYASM for the awesome support, and see what happens to the two pairs in the epilogue, happening next week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 0 15
◇ Dandelion Floray has been a fan of 5 Seconds of summer (5SOS) for years now. She used to have a major crush on the bassist Calum Hood. However afte...
10.1K 460 24
You are Luke Hemmings from 5 seconds of summer. You have band mates named Calum Hood, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin. You are the bands bitch. You...
5.7K 172 26
(AN: Edited Chapters.) Hi Im June Somers! well this is my story about how ive been bullied, fallen in love, and made new friends. Im being bullied b...
3.7K 102 27
Calum Hood, bassist for up and coming Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer, can't believe his luck when he finds the girl of his dreams in a tattoo sh...