I Played The Player

Od LaciDenise

Katherine Dominguez is your typical high school junior, trying to figure out how to juggle homework, band, an... Více

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Two

16.9K 525 63
Od LaciDenise

I've gotten seven reads and a vote so far, so I'm going to continue! Enjoy!

Edited for your enjoyment!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

      "Holy hell," Kat exclaimed. Not only had Bailey accepted her friend request, but she had also sent Kat a message.

      "What, what?!" Nicole exclaimed, pushing Kat away from the laptop to read the message blinking on the home screen. "Dude! I thought it would've taken longer than that! 'Hi, nice to meet you. You look really familiar.'" Nicole read the message out loud. Kat pushed the other girl out of the way, scooting her office chair back to its rightful position at the small table her laptop sat on.

      "Yeah, me too. What do I tell her?"

      "Um, um... Tell her, "Thanks, and that's funny You look like my next girlfriend.' Don't forget to put the winky face!" The fake Facebook profile had only been up a couple of days, and Kat had managed to befriend half her entire school in the blink of an eye. She wasn't sure if she liked the fact that in lying to Bailey, she was also lying to everyone she had grown up with, but she had quickly vanquished the thought when the message had come across. Kat quickly replied, and that opened up a instant message conversation that had spanned three days, and every ounce of Kat's free time.

      That Friday was a game day, and Kat was nervous. In her two and a half years in the stands with the band, she had never seen Bailey at a football game, but there was a first for everything, right? She plucked at her bobbers and sighed. This dare was ruining her Friday nights.

      "Katherine, either sit your butt down, or help Kassandra with the music!" the band director barked. Kat nodded, and made her way to where Nicole was pulling sheets of music out of the filing cabinet. She grabbed some and moved to the table next to Nicole.

      "Its Nicole, Howards! Not Kassandra!" Nicole and Mr. Howards had been having this war since the girl's freshman year. Kat thought it was because he couldn't remember her name, but Nicole remained steadfast in saying that the old man loved it, and it gave him something to look forward to besides having to deal with a hundred and twenty teenagers in and out of his band hall every day. "So, have you seen her yet?" Nicole whispered. Kat shook her head, sorting the sheets according to instrument.

      "No, thank God. What if she sees me, and recognizes me as Alyson? What am I gonna do?"

      "Dude, calm down. We made Alyson look so different from you, she'll never recognize you. You'd be surprised at what the power of make up can do to help one," Nicole remarked. There was that phrase again, the power of make up. Kat just shrugged, not believing any of it; she had worn make up before, and while everyone complimented her on it, they still knew it was her underneath the foundation and mascara. "Plus, you were wearing green contacts. Don't worry so much."

     Kat still worried. But after she passed Bailey, struggling to not let her mouth fall open from surprise at finally seeing her at a football game, the worries the girl had been holding finally managed to die down some. Bailey had continued to walk by, not showing any signs of recognizing the girl Kat was pretending to be.

      'I guess contacts and an oddly placed freckle did help.'

                                                                                                  *******

      Bailey said: When can we meet?

      I said: I don't know. I'm really busy.

      Kat groaned in frustration and threw her phone on the bed next to her. Kat and Bailey had progressed from instant messaging to texting and Bailey was persistent that they meet. Kat was nervous that she would slip up by mentioning something from school, or people Alyson wouldn't know other than from Facebook.

      Bailey said: Chicken! Haha

      I said: No, just busy! :P lol

                                                                                             •••••••••

      "You have to meet her! Or else she's gonna get bored, and you'll never get her to date you," Nicole stood above Kat, her hands on her hips, halfway changed from that morning's practice. Her jeans were zipped, but unbuttoned, and she was walking around in her pink sports bra. "So, you will text her during next hour, and tell her you will meet her at the mall, after school tomorrow."

      Kat groaned, and Nicole glared at her.

      "Fine, fine. Why after school though?" she slipped her black boot cut jeans on, buttoned her black and purple plaid shirt up, and stepped into the low top black converse.

      "Because you need to do it. I'm not giving you another excuse to back out," Nicole replied, slipping on her pink and grey off the shoulder blouse and grey flats. The girls walked to second hour, where Kat set up a time and place to meet Bailey.

                                                                                                •••••••••

      "Take your glasses off, take them off!" Nicole whispered when she saw Bailey enter the food court.

      "Oh, right!" The contacts did nothing more than cover Kat's natural eye color, so she still had to wear her glasses. She had quickly stuffed them in her bag, then smoothed her shaking hands over her clothes. She was wearing a multicolored, multi fabric skirt that Nicole had let her borrow, a lilac blouse that had sleeves that went to the elbows, and black flats. She felt like she should be in a tavern serving pirates.

      "Alyson?" Kat smiled as Bailey approached the table. She was wearing blue jeans that didn't hang off her butt, a solid light blue woman's button up, and her hair was down around her shoulders.

      "Yes. Bailey, right?" Bailey nodded her head, a shy smile on her face.

      "Well. I'll just be going then," Nicole said awkwardly before hugging Kat and jogging away, motioning that she would call Kat later that evening.

      "Sorry about her. She was more nervous than I was," Kat admitted, running her hands through her hair. Not used to it being in curls, her fingers immediately got tangled. "Ow, ow.."

      Bailey laughed, then grabbed Kat's hand. "Here, let me help you," she quickly freed her hand.

      "You must have your hands in a lot of curls if you know how to manage them so well." Kat commented without thinking. She blushed, but Bailey just laughed.

      "You've got me there. I'm a sucker for curls." she replied sitting in the chair Nicole had vacated.

      They sat and talked for an hour before they ran out of things to talk about. Trying to avoid awkward silences, Kat suggested they take a walk around the mall, letting the store front bring up more conversation topics for the two girls. After what seemed like forever, Kat finally checked the time on her phone, and realized she was close to her curfew time.

      "Oh damnit. I'm supposed to be home in like ten minutes. I'm sorry, but I have to go," She said, frowning.

     "Oh hey, its no problem. Do you want a ride home?" Kat bit her lip nervously. She wasn't completely sure if she wanted to bring Bailey that far into Alyson's life so early. But she also didn't want to get in trouble for being late, and riding in Bailey's car for five miles was quicker to her house than Kat walking the same distance.

      "That would be great," she replied smiling.

                                                                                           •••••••••

     "Can I see you again?" Kat smiled at her.

      "I don't know. Are you sure you'll have time, with all the other girls hanging around?"

      Bailey laughed, a blush creeping onto her face. "You're going to make this hard for me, aren't you?"

      Kat laughed in response before answering Bailey. "I don't know what you're talking about," she then got out of the car, giving Bailey a shy smile before unlocking the door and walking inside. Her phone beeped right as she closed the front door.

      Bailey said: This should be fun (;

      I said: You have no idea

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12K 391 21
*Previously called 'Player Falling For A Nerd.' (: * Having a twin sister is something amazing. But that's the total opposite for Skylar. In fact, Sk...
2.7M 72.7K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
167K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...
85 3 66
Caleb have a crush on this Girl Courtney and Is trying to juggle that basketball spending time with his Family /Friend and School Will he ever have t...