Frenemy With The Bad Boy

By macaroonhoneybee

#1 IN TEEN FICTION! Fren·e·my || a person with whom one is friendly despite a fundamental dislike or rivalry... More

Chapter 1 - I'm So Dead
Chapter 2 - The Gate To Hell Is Wide Open
Chapter 3 - Tell Me Something I Don't Know
Chapter 4 - Mi Lady
Chapter 5 - Screw You, Clayton.
Chapter 6 - What The Hell?!
Chapter 7 - Drama
Chapter 8 - Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 9 - Ditching School With Brody Dane
Chapter 10 - Oh Dear Lord
Chapter 11 - Truth Or Dare
Chapter 12 - Three Wishes
Chapter 13 - Monday, Oh, Monday
Chapter 14 - Nobody Flirts With My Girl, You Monkey-Butt
Chapter 15 - I Would
Chapter 16 - Can We Please Not Talk About It?
Chapter 17 - Elliot
Chapter 18 - Boyfriend Material
Chapter 19 - Drama...Again
Chapter 20 - Reality Show
Chapter 21 - Friday
Chapter 22 - As You Wish, Mi Lady
Chapter 23 - I'm Glad You Put Me Into Detention
Chapter 24 - Are We Dating?
Chapter 25 - Am I Ready For This?
Chapter 26 - Curiosty Killed The Cat
Chapter 27 - Lies Don't End Relationships, The Truth Does
Chapter 28 - I Can Treat You Better
Chapter 29 - The Truth Untold
Chapter 30 - The Evil Twins
Chapter 32 - Back To Normal
Chapter 33 - Fix What We've Broken
Chapter 34 - Keep Your Friends Close
Chapter 35 - Catching Up

Chapter 31 - Circles

2.7K 82 28
By macaroonhoneybee

Serena

I was not lying when I said Clayton just digged his own grave, after the twins and Clayton met for the first time since I broke up with him, all hell broke loose. During the car ride, they kept on ranting and roasting him, to which Clayton accepted gladly because he knew he was at fault, but because I felt bad for him, I asked the twins to save their rants for now and they can continue later without me, because I didn't need to hear them cursing the life out of Clayton. I already felt bad enough for his mom and Nora, so I didn't need to feel bad for him too.

When Clayton called the twins evil, I didn't disagree. Let me tell you, Claire and Brody might've came out from the same womb but their personalities couldn't be more different. Claire liked to keep things to herself, while Brody, well, he was a delinquent and everybody knew. However, they do have one thing in common; they're very protective of anyone and/or anything they love, and that includes me. So, everyone let's pray for Clayton.

"So, you're saying that someone else from the party is the father?" Claire asked after Clayton explained what happened at Ethan's party for the millionth time.

After what seemed like the longest car ride in my life, we decided to go to Monroe's for dinner and to figure out how to save Clayton's life and if the twins could remember anything from the party because, of course, they were there. "Yes, Claire. How many times do I have to explain?" Clayton groaned in frustration.

"I don't buy it," Brody said and crossed his arms on his chest. "Were you drunk?"

"No. Unlike someone, I don't drink when I know I'm driving," Clayton said taking a jab at Brody who failed to drive me home after drinking thirty cans of beer at another one of Ethan's parties.

"Uh oh, shots fired." I laughed and high fived Clayton for it.

Brody just rolled his eyes at our antics. "Right, says the one who was not even a little suspicious, when he found his girlfriend unconscious in his best friend's room after a party," Brody smiled in satisfaction at his remark which only earned him the middle finger from Clayton.

"Why did you leave her alone anyway? Wasn't she your girlfriend?" Claire asked.

"I told you, I lost her. I was looking for her everywhere when I found her in Ethan's bedroom. She was drunk," Clayton answered.

"Weird," Claire said and furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought Nora Bennett wasn't that type of girl. No offense, but she doesn't seem like the type of girl to go to a party much less getting drunk." She continued and lied her back against the chair.

"Wait, did you say Nora Bennett?" Brody asked and widened his eyes.

"I did, why?" Claire asked confusedly. Well, I was confused too. "Do you know her?"

"I do. I met her while I was in juvie," Brody said ever so casually while crossing his arms over his chest. "She was kind of antisocial though so I didn't really get to know her."

Clayton, Claire, and I fell into a deafening silence. It was like the world stopped moving for hours because none of us said anything after Brody made the shocking revelation. "You knew her all this time but you never tell us?" Claire asked.

"I didn't know his ex was Nora Bennett!" Brody said in a defensive tone. "I mean, c'mon! How many Nora's are there in this town? And also if you tell me sooner, I would've told you."

"Why was she in juvie?" I asked.

"She was in juvie?" Claire repeated what I just said before widening her eyes and shot a look at Brody. "Are you sure we're talking about the same person? What did she do? Because the Nora we all know was a fucking angel."

"Black hair, big round eyes, plump lips, and her voice was a bit husky and she has a tattoo of a rose on her pinky—" Before Brody could finish his sentence, he was cut off by Clayton.

"That's her," Clayton finally uttered a word. "She has a rose tattoo on her right pinky."

"Why was she there?" I asked.

Brody just shrugged. "I don't know. Never asked and even if I did, I don't think she would tell me."

"Didn't you know about this, Wade?" I asked Clayton who has fallen into a deep thought and apparently needed me to pull him back into reality.

He shook his head. "To be honest, I didn't know much about her. Sure, we went on dates and talked for hours but she was never an open book. She wouldn't talk about her family and if I started getting personal, she immediately changed the topic."

"Well, do you know where she lives now?" Claire asked.

"I don't," Clayton answered and sighed.

"I know her sister," Brody said. "She might know something, I don't know, but at least it doesn't hurt to try, right?"

"Right." I said nonchalantly.

Brody

To be honest, I had no fucking idea what was going on. I had warned Serena about seeing Clayton way before she was swooned by him, and that he would eventually break her heart and voila, I was right. I never liked him in the first place, and it was definitely, not because everyone kept comparing me and him. Who am I kidding, that was one of the ninety-nine reasons why I didn't like him. There was just something about Clayton and I couldn't figure out what. Something shady perhaps or it could just be my negative thoughts.

You see, all I have are negative thoughts. Not about me though, but everyone around me. I've had a series of unfortunate events of people, whom I thought was my friend, betraying me. So, don't blame me if I'm quite judgy and picky. "How do you know her sister?" Clayton asked. "I didn't even know she had a sister."

"Wade, do you even know anything about her?" Claire snapped and rolled her eyes.

The next day, after the little meeting we had at the diner. We finally decided to go meet Nora's sister. From what I remember, she lives on the other side of the town. The shady part of the town; you know what I am talking about. And all of you must be wondering how I became involved in this whole situation regarding Clayton Wade and his baby issues - well, let me tell you, I absolutely had no idea that I will also be dragged into this mess and yet here I am. I happened to know Nora Bennett, who happened to be Clayton's ex-girlfriend, who supposedly just gave birth to a baby which was believed to be Clayton's flesh and blood.

How did I meet Nora Bennett?

Well, I met her while I was in juvie two years ago. It was a long time ago and I wasn't proud of my memories since I forgot most of the details, but I do remember her name. Nora Bennett was quite famous in juvie for being "the juvie beauty". Typical, I know. But, who would've thought that a girl as beautiful as her would ended up in juvie, like me? I mean, I'm all for the "don't judge a book by its cover" thing, but she looked so decent, too normal. Anyway, I never talked to her since boys and girls aren't allowed to be in the same room so I only heard gossips because as you all know, gossips travel fast.

"I heard she was sent to juvie because of theft," I said. "But some kids said that her parents are dealers. But I don't know. They were all just rumors."

"How do you know her sister?" Claire asked.

"She was my friend's friend's girlfriend," I answered.

"Were you on drugs?" Clayton asked and raised an eyebrow.

"That is so not relevant. But I was. As in past tense. I am completely sober now," I answered confidently. "Are you?"

Clayton scoffed. "Never. My mom would kill me."

After about twenty minutes of driving, we finally arrived at Nora's sister's house. This part of the town nevet felt safe, it was a few away from the Monroe's -- it was already dark when we arrived so Serena and Claire were contemplating whether or not we should knock on her door because, one; the house looked empty and two; the neighborhood wasn't the friendliest looking type of neighborhood.

"I've never been to this part of town," Serena said as she put her arm around my forearm and Claire on my other forearm. So, they were clinging onto me. "Why is it so quiet?"

"Why are you all clinging onto him?" Clayton asked irritatingly as he eyed Serena's arm around me. "I'm here too!"

Claire smiled. "I don't trust you. Sorry."

"Knock," I nudged Clayton as he gave me a look. "You're the father. You knock."

He just rolled his eyes and then proceeded to knock ever so gently. After a few knocks, we saw the lights inside switched on and footsteps coming towards the front door. Taking a few steps back, Clayton turned around and all I could see in his eyes was pure anxiety. "C'mon, stop being such a wuss."

The front door opened revealing a woman who could pass as Nora Bennett's twin sister. "Brody?" Nora's sister, Dani, asked confusedly as her eyes landed on me, completely ignoring the fact that Clayton Wade was standing in front of her. "Who are you?" She finally realized Clayton's presence.

"Hi, are you Nora Bennett's sister?" Clayton asked.

"Yes. Am I supposed to know you?" Dani asked and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Uh, my name is Clayton Wade--"

"You're Clayton? The boyfriend Nora kept talking about?" Dani let out a chuckle. "Well damn. I thought all words that came out from her mouth were all bullshit."

Serena

Dani invited all of us inside her house and we sat on the couch in the living room. The house looked very clean and it seemed like Dani was living by herself. She resembled Nora; they both have the same big round eyes. "We just wanted to know if you happen to know where Nora is right now?" Clayton asked.

Dani clicked her tongue. "The last time we contacted each other, I heard she was in juvie. I'm not really close to her, in fact, I don't keep in touch with my family. I ran away when I was a teen."

"I'm sorry," Clayton said. "Do you still keep in contact with her?"

"Yes. We texted each other sometimes just to see how we're doing, but I haven't heard from her in a few months now," Dani answered. "May I ask why are you looking for her?"

"Well, you see, Nora came to me a few months ago and told me that she gave birth to a baby and that I am the father of her baby," Clayton said and pursed his lips before continuing. "But after that, she went MIA and I couldn't contact her. I just wanted to know if I'm really the father--"

"Wait, hold on, a baby?" Dani asked. "What are you talking about? Nora was never pregnant!" Dani revealed.

"What?" Me, Claire, and Brody screamed at the same time. "

"Wait, what?" Clayton asked. "What?!"

Hello, lovelies! I'm finally back with another chapter!

I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope you will like this chapter. The story will be even more complicated in the future, I hope you're ready for it ;)

I love you all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 6.8K 43
#79 in Chicklit {highest ranking} [Completed] WARNING -This is my first books so read at your own risk plus please don't judge my writing with just t...
1.6K 54 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
1M 36.3K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...
126K 4.8K 56
|WATTYS 2021 Shortlisted| ❝Teach me.❞ ❝Teach you what?❞ ❝Teach me how to be a bad boy.❞ Elias Rodriguez has a crush on a certain cheerleader (since f...