Hidden Marks || BTS || COMPLE...

By Havenesa

What does it mean to be soulmates? What do I love about her? What is the reason? Does there need to be a rat... More

Introduction
1 : Covering Up
2 : Soul Therapy
3: What are you Hiding?
4 : Promises and Regrets
5 : Drunk Confession
6 : Drunk Memories
7 : Arms Length Apart
8 : Hospital Visits
9 : Conflicts
10 : Not Alone
11 : Secret Drawings
12: Fading
13: Just friends
14: My Person
16: Behind the Smile
17: Happiness within Pain
18: The Pain
19: Talk
20: Lie so Beautifull
21: Beautiful Compassion
22: Soul's Dance
23: Soft Whispers
24: Warm Bread
25: The Bestfriend
26: Cold Burn
27: Promise to Return
28: Breathing
29: Safe Travels
30: The Otherside
31: A Marks Meaning
32: Sudden Reality
33: Fate
Thoughts and Future (A/N)
34: Beginning
35: Warm Tears
36: Confronting Confidence
37: Sisters
38: His Mother
39: California Thoughts
40: Holding On
41: Childhood Town
42: Parents
43: Being Enough
44: We're all Broken
45: Dear Sera
46: Consequences
47: Discontent
48: Parallel
Q&A (AN)
49: Letting Go
50: Goodbye
Sequel
My Love

15: Smiles

19.2K 865 303
By Havenesa

Should I make a story for Baekhyun? Like a short side story based off this one, because he's my bias is Exo. When this story ends I'll either makes another BTS story or one stand alone story for Baekhyun. Just some thoughts.

Also more news:
I want to change the cover for Hidden Marks as I made the current one last minute just so I can publish this story. The issue is, I'm bad at making covers so I was wondering if any of my readers would like to make any covers?
There only needs two things on:
1. The Title: Hidden Marks
-also include BTS FF or BTS Fanfiction
2. The authors name aka me haha: Havenesa

You can DM the covers and I'll give credit to the one I choose and all the ones a receive!

*****

[edited by jemi018]

Consider giving a follow and an upvote!

Also if you have time, visit my kp-fi page and leave a tip if you want!
https://ko-fi.com/havenesa

*****

"Baekhyun!" A deep voice tumbled through the hospital building, instantly spotting the vibrant pink hair that belonged to his daughter's best friend. Worry was written all over the aging man's face as he rushed towards the college student, "I'm sorry it took a few days to come, where's my daughter? Is my baby girl okay?"

Instantly getting up, Baekhyun looked miserable and at the verge of passing out himself. Skin pale with a bluish tint, making his lack of sleep more apparent with his deep, dark circles. Hair flat and dim, as his facial hair were stubbles from the lack of him maintaining his appearance. Even his outfit was thrown on last minute, a hoodie with sweats, not caring about the usual clean impression he liked to maintain. It didn't matter, he hasn't even been attending his classes the past few days; his time spent in the hospital, to try to make Sera see his way.

However, ever since the day of the fight, a flip just switched off inside him. Uncaring and uncooperative, ignoring any attempts of Kimie telling him he needs to take care of himself or Sera was gonna get angry. Phone notifications left unchecked; several of his other friends attempted to call and text him but he ignored them all. There was no energy left to care anymore; all of it spent on Sera, even though he knew she wouldn't be happy with how he was acting, but he didn't care. Everything was just numb to him now. Even when Sera's father had engulfed him into a bone crushing hug, he didn't feel the warmth and love behind it. All he felt was emptiness.

In the back stood Taehyung and Jin, awkwardly standing there, not knowing what to do.

For the past few days, at least two of Sera's soulmates would come and spend the majority of the day with Baekhyun; though they never did speak to the pink-haired boy nor would Baekhyun give a reply if spoken to. They tried their own attempts to comfort Sera or try to persuade her to let them in, but even they failed. The bond they shared was mute, no one knowing how Sera felt because she was blocking the bond, and it added even more stress.

If you continually block a bond, it'll weaken it.

Sera has been blocking the bonds for days already.

"Are you Han Sera's father? Han Jun?" One of the nurses spotted the man.

Sera's father was hard to ignore as he was nowhere near slender as Baekhyun was. He towered mostly everyone, standing at above six feet tall, and he was a built man; his muscles prominent even with his old age. What was once dark brown hair was now graying and he also had a few wrinkles, but he was as lovely as ever.

Instantly, he let Baekhyun go with a slight pat on his shoulders before turning to the nurse, "That would be me. How is my daughter, is my baby girl okay?" He was worried, this was the first time he was ever called in concerning Sera's health since she moved out for college. When he received the call, his heart nearly stopped beating.

Before the nurse could reply, Sera's doctor came and excused her with a friendly smile. It was the same doctor who had always been treating Sera for the past four years, "Mr. Han," there was a pleasant smile on her face as she gestured for the group to follow her, "Miss Han has been asking for you during her first day in the hospital. But recently, Miss Han has become... unresponsive."

There was fear written all over the old man's face, as sweat began to form, "What do you mean by that? Is my baby girl in a coma?"

"No, she's isn't in a coma. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Sera's been following a daily routine, but that's just that. She'd wake up, the nurses would feed her and assist her to the bathroom, but that's it. She hasn't been talking at all these past few days, even being unresponsive to Mr. Byun and her soulmates."

That caused confusion and slight panic for Taehyung and Jin, as they had inherently, but not formally met Sera's dad; and how were they going to explain they were at fault here? That his baby girl's soulmates, the ones who were supposed to cherish, love, and protect her, caused all this? That they haven't even broken up or talked to Lilia yet.

"Soulmates? My daughter has soulmates?" Jun asked, confusion written all over his face, "She never mentioned anything about soulmates to me," he then turned to Baekhyun, but his eyes caught the two boys slightly in the back, eyes narrowing slightly, "Baekhyun, who's Sera's soulmates?"

This was it.

This was the moment Baekhyun ousted all of them, told them of what truly transpired that put Jun's baby girl in a hospital bed. It would be Taehyung and Jin in the hospital bed now.

"It should be Sera to tell you Uncle Jun," Baekhyun spoke, surprising the two boys as he paid them no attention. A defeated smile was on his face, as he truly did want to tell Sera's father the truth, but couldn't. There was no reason, but the fact is that he just couldn't.

This had stunned the two boys, and it didn't settle right with them. Both of them had wanted Baekhyun to tell Jun the real truth because this would be their punishment. They, and their other soulmates, have caused Sera to be in this condition, and they so badly wanted to make up for it. None of them exactly know how they would, but just withholding this big picture from Sera's father felt wrong.

Everything just felt so damn wrong.

Jun nodded, his lips pressed together in a firm line but didn't press forward. Turning back to the doctor, he took a deep breath, "Can I go and see my daughter now?"

The doctor nodded, as she gently knocked on the door announcing their presence, before slowly opening it. Quietly, the small group entered the room, and the sight of Sera was not what the group had expected from the doctor's description of Sera.

They were expecting a broken girl, who looked and was broken.

However, the girl before them, who sat in the hospital bed seemed...fine.

Of course, there were the bandages wrapped around her head, and the cast of her left arm, along with several needles piercing her skin; but other than that, she looked lively. Skin slightly pale but there was a glow to it that usually people did not have in a hospital. Hair neatly combed and tied into a loose ponytail, and her amber eyes shone brightly in the room as she sat up and her eyes going instantly to her father.

A smile made its way on her lips, "Dad," her voice was shaky and parched as if she hasn't used it in awhile. They heard one of the nurses, who was in Sera's room, let out a relieved sigh as she silently dismissed herself, "You're here.

"Of course I'm here, you had me worried sick!" Jun instantly fussed as he walked over to Sera's bed and gently sat on the side of it, "Besides the bandages and cast...well you look fine! Are you feeling fine?"

"I'm sorry that I worried you," there was a smile that inched its way onto her face, a serene one that almost looked too calm to be real. There was a storm brewing inside the calm facade she played so well, that her father didn't notice, "I was clumsy when walking down the stairs and tripped," she didn't mention how her vision was blurred from tears and it felt like her heart felt like it was going to stop beating.

"S-Sera?" Confusion was written clearly on Baekhyun's face, attempting to process the Sera that was before him.

Amber eyes shifted to meet with desperate brown ones. For once, in years, their eyes clash with conflicting understanding from one another. The two sets of eyes, different but yet so familiar, no longer saw eye to eye as Baekhyun knew there was a wall built up around her, as her smile never slipped as she took in Baekhyun's defeated appearance. Even her eyes, beautiful amber eyes that spoke volume, seemed to be muted.

There was a moment of silence before Sera spoke, "I've heard you barely gotten any sleep Hyunnie and that you've been skipping class. Thank you for worrying about me but you should prioritize yourself. I'm fine."

Those two words nearly broke him, because Baekhyun knew Sera wasn't fine and that everything was a lie. She was trying to paint an image that wasn't real, to mask the true ugliness and darkness of the situation with bright colors that were untrue. Even if she wanted to push Baekhyun away and pretend she was alright, the pink-haired boy already knew her too well; knew that she wasn't fine. Even as she began to calmly talk to her dad, catching up on things, with that smile never slipping off her face; Baekhyun knew it was all a lie.

A lie he desperately wanted to reveal but didn't know how.

His friend, who he expected would be an empty husk of the person she once was, was sitting on the hospital bed, reassuring her father. Something in him wished she was an empty shell instead of this fake smiling girl.

After a few minutes of talking, Jun's phone went off; and when he checked the caller ID, he gave Sera an apologetic smile, "It's my boss, I left without a notice. It'll be a quick call," with Sera's understanding smile, Jun stood up and left the room.

Leaving Sera with three boys, who didn't know what to say.

Once again, it was Sera to break the silence, as she addressed Jin and Taehyung, "The things I said that night...was unnecessary and I apologize," her voice was light and airy, "I do hope we can be good friends."

"Friends?" Taehyung asked slowly, taking a cautious step towards Sera. He always liked to imagine Sera smiling, her amber eyes sparkling as she looked at him. Yet the person before him was like a stranger, and he couldn't grasp exactly what Sera was saying; his heart pounding painfully hard, "What do you mean?"

"This bond...we never asked for it. I remember my dream was to always find my soulmates and just...be with them. Now that I think back, it was kind of pitiful that it was my only dream. I'm about to graduate college, and then go to a medical school; my dream is to be the best cardio surgeon there is. I also want all of you to be happy, and being with Lilia makes you all happy."

Jin stepped up, opening his mouth but only closing it as he tried to read the situation. Desperately, he tried to fix this mess and clear up any misunderstanding. "Sera, we're soulmates," his voice pleaded, trying to get his point across, "We're meant for each other, to be with each other and to love each other."

A chuckle escaped Sera's chapped lips, an amused one, no hint of bitterness, "We don't have to be lovers, I'm fully content with being just friends. I value my friendship with Lilia as well, and I want her to be happy. There is no love between us, but we can learn to love each other as friends."

Refusing to listen to this nonsense, Taehyung walked over to Sera and kneeled beside her. He was desperate as he gently grabbed Sera's good hand, warm brown eyes staring pleadingly into amber ones, "No, ignore what Lilia said that day. We messed up, we all messed up. We can fix this together, we're supposed to be so much more than just friends. Please, we can do this," tears were forming at the edge of his eyes. He was never good with words, never knew how to verbally express his emotions; he could only ever do that through his drawings. So he was desperately trying to tell Sera his feelings, to make her see that this is not what he wanted.

Taehyung wanted to just go back to the night he got drunk with Sera, to feel that beautiful feeling he felt when she was in his arms; to gaze at her beautiful appearance and take in her sweet scent. Just a few days ago, he remembered sitting in her apartment with Jimin, all of them laughing and chatting together through the photo shoot for Kimie. How Taehyung felt so complete in that moment.

He just wanted to go back to that moment.

"We can learn to love each other, so please don't give up on this. It's so beautiful what we can have, don't throw it away."

[2156]

*****

Preview for chapter 16:

"There's nothing wrong with that arm," Jun pointed to Sera's arm where her soulmate marks were, wrapped with bandages. A rather unreadable expression on his face as he leaned against his chair in Sera's hospital room, "Why are you still hiding your marks?"

Like I'm sorry for being a fan girl right now, but I really love Baekhyun❣️
Can like anyone guess who's my bias in BTS lol?? Y'all be pretty surprised on who's my bias and bias wrecker.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sou7mate By Tam

Fanfiction

9.8K 403 17
"H-hyung, why is it so-- bright? It looks like...." Or in this AU: At the age of 25 your soulmate's initials burn into your wrist. One set of inital...
173K 12.1K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...
387K 32.9K 161
They say once you enter college, everything changes; Views on life, meeting new people, finding new interesting to yourself, etc.. How true that turn...
702K 32.4K 122
In the world of soulmates, perhaps Daun is the only one who does not expect for any soulmate to come. She doesn't have the soul marks that everyone s...