Love Being By Your Side - A S...

By Nightskullfire

ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏғ ᴡᴀᴡᴀɴᴀᴋᴡᴀ ʜɪɢʜ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪɴᴛᴇɴsɪғɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀ... More

Chapter 2: First day back pt.2
Chapter 3: A failed assignment pt.1
Chapter 4: A failed assignment pt.2
Chapter 5: Two-column proofs
Chapter 6: On each other's mind
Chapter 7: Is this a date?
Chapter 8: Passing with flying colors
Chapter 9: Projects
Chapter 10: A suprise visit? pt.1
Chapter 11: A Surprise visit? pt.2
Chapter 12: Knowing his thoughts?
Chapter 13: Our project pt.1
Chapter 14: Our project pt.2
Chapter 15: A rainy winter day
Chapter 16: Gifts
Chapter 17: An accident
Chapter 18: Will she say yes?
Chapter 19: Forgive me
Chapter 20: A Walk home
Chapter 21: The future ahead of us(finale)

Chapter 1: First day back pt.1

1.3K 35 137
By Nightskullfire

An: okay, before I start, I'm just gonna go over the uniform policy. Basically it's a white button up T-shirt(it doesn't necessarily have to be long sleeve) Khaki pants(or skirt), and their school tie.(Black and red cardigans are optional) no outerwear. Just, thought I should note that. Okay, now to the story!

Courtney's POV

It was 3:48 AM in the morning. I was going over my checklist... for the 4th time.

"Notebooks? check. Spiral notebook in case the teacher is picky? Check. Binder? Check. Highlighters? Check."

My train of thought was broken by a knock on my door. My mom peaked in, then walked in.

"Morning mom." I grinned.

"Morning Courtney. It's 3 in the morning. What are you doing up doing paperwork?" My mom asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Just reviewing my supplies. I just wanna make sure I have everything so I won't have to worry about it later."

"Won't the teacher give out a syllabus with the supplies you need?"

"Yeah. But I'd just rather be ready now."

"Okay. Just try to get some rest before you have to leave out."

"I will."

After that, my mom left out my room. I continued to look over my checklist until 4:12. After that I took a nap.

Scott's POV

It was about 4:30 in the morning. I was at my house dealing with some of my chores. I would be getting ready for school, but my sister, Al(Albertha) was taking a whole century in the bathroom.

I didn't really have too many chores to deal with, but I'm sure my mom is gonna assign me more when I come back from school.

I continued to sweep around the house. My sister finally got out of the bathroom. I took that as an opportunity to shower.

After that I got dressed. It was 6:45 and the school is approximately a 14 minute walk.

"Okay, mom. I'm gonna head out." I said.

"Okay. Don't forget it's your turn to do dishes."

"I know."

"Okay. Stay safe my handsome mule."

"I will." I left out.

I adjusted my backpack and started walking.

Courtney's POV

After I neatly organized everything, my mom drove me to school. I arrived at 6:58. I stepped out of the car and looked at the school.

Well. I guess I'm back here again.

"Courtney." I heard my name being called.

I turned around and saw Bridgette.

"Bridgette." I waved.

Bridgette's been my best friend since Freshman year. We both had Physical Science together.

We both ecstatically greeted each other and hugged.

"How was your summer?" Bridgette asked.

"Great. I got to relax for a bit. Though half way through August I started early preparation for school." I said.

"Preparing for school in the middle of August?"

"Yeah. Just briefly reviewing substances that we'll learn this year. That way it's not a complete stranger when the teacher starts teaching it."

"Wow. I guess you're prepared."

"I'm always prepared. Except for this weird Agriculture Science class on my roster. I didn't have time to review that but I'm sure it's simple." I grinned.

We saw the school doors opening.

"Well. We better head inside and check it. It's bound to be crowded and hectic. It being the first day in all." Bridgette said.

"Yeah. Especially with all the new freshman coming in." I added.

Me and Bridgette waited for a bit but with due time we got in.

"Okay, my advisory is room 111." Bridgette told me." What about you?"

"207." I told Bridgette.

"Well, hopefully I see you around."

"Yeah. Hopefully."

+

After that, me and Bridgette parted ways. I wandered around until I found room 207. I headed in and picked a seat in the back of the room.

Scott's POV

Okay, so the walk took me longer than I thought. So, I got in a tad late. It took me a few minutes to find my advisory.

When I got there, a fair amount of people were already here. I saw an empty seat next to a brown haired girl reading a book.

I walked over, and sat down. I decided to just study my roster. I looked over at the girl intensely reading her book.

I averted my eyes back to my roster.

"Hey Princess." I heard someone say.

I saw a guy with a green mohawk talking to the girl that was reading her book. Hm... so that's her name.

I wanted to listen to the rest of the conversation but I had to go to the bathroom so, I left.

Courtney's POV

"Seriously Duncan. Third year here and you're still calling me that?" I raised an eyebrow.

Duncan.... the most annoying thing about my high school experience and probably my whole life.

"What else am I suppose to call you?" Duncan grinned.

"How about my actual name?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Mmm... that's not fun. Besides your reaction to Princess is way better."

"Whatever. What do you want anyway?" I said, snappy.

"Sheesh. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"I did not. I just don't see why you bother talking to me mister"I decide to skip class to look cool." I crossed my arms.

"I don't have to try to look cool. I just do. It comes naturally. And I skip because this dump is a boring shit hole. What are you even reading anyways?" He asked, starting to pick up my book.

I quickly snatch it away from him.

"That is none of your concern."

"Come on. You can tell me Court." He said with a stupid smirk.

"It's just a book about lawyer related stuff to put it simply. Probably too complicated for you to understand."

Duncan yawned.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that? I wasn't listening." He said, doing that stupid smrik again.

"Ugh! Just go sit down somewhere and let me read my book in peace." I glared.

"Pfft. Whatever." He scoffed.

He sat down somewhere else and I continued to read my book.

Scott's POV

I returned back to my seat. It looks like Princess finished her conversation with that guy. I looked in my bookbag and realized I forgot a pencil.

How did I forget that? I looked over and saw Princess pulling out her pencil case. She had 9 led pencils in her case.

Hm.... I wonder....

I looked at her pulling out a highlighter and I put on a confident smile.

Courtney's POV

I pulled out my pencil case and pulled out a pink highlighter. I started highlighting a part of the book I was reading.

This seems like an important thing to remember. I continued to annotate different parts of the book.

"Excuse me, Princess?"

I looked up from my book and turned my attention to the red head that called me.

"Um, could you not call me by that name?" I crossed my arms.

"Um.. isn't that your name?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What?! No."

"But didn't he-" The red head started, pointing at Duncan.

"No. That is not my name. I'm not sure why he calls me that. But my name it NOT Princess."

"Oh. Then, what is your name then?" He asked with an intrigued grin.

"Courtney. Courtney Barlow. Now, you were trying to ask me something?"

"I-I was wondering if I could borrow a pencil. Just for today."

"You didn't bring a pencil? Where did you think you were going? The mall? How do you forget to bring pencils to school?" I narrowed my eyes.

"I was running late and in a bit of a hurry. I rushed out and forgot to put them in my bag."

"Sorry. Whenever I let people borrow my pencils, and utensils they never give them back. They either lose them or keep them for themselves. My pencil sparing days are over. Find another sucker."

"Please. I-I'll return it. I promise. You have my word."

I looked at the pleading look he had in his face.

"Fine. But you better return it tomorrow." I pulled a pink pencil out and handed him it.

"Yes mam. I'm Scott by the way."

"Well. It's nice to meet you Scott."

Well.... I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get the pencil back. Guess I'll replace it tonight. I continued to annotate my book.

The Principal started an announcement. 

"Principal Mclean speaking, welcome back to another year of Wawanakwa high. I hope your year has a painfu- I mean, positive start." Chris said as me and Scott exchange slightly confused looks."The first bell will be going off in a few minutes. I hope you all have an incredibly painful day..... just kidding"

Wow. What a sad excuse for a principal.

"So. Courtney. What's the first class on your roster?" Scott asked me.

"Oh. I have AP History. How about you?"

"Biochemistry."

"I see. Can I see your roster?"

"Sure." He handed me his roster.

I compared our roster.

"We have Lunch, Geometry, and Agriculture Science together." I told him, handing back his roster.

"Cool." He grinned.

The first bell rang.

"Well... I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah... see ya." He grinned.

Scott's POV

After getting my roster back, I picked up my bag and started heading to class.

Hm... she's very.... pretty.

AN: And that's the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

This is kinda my first time writting a fanfiction outside the original plot of the story.

Not to mention not using an OC. So, this is a bit new to me. But I hope you guys liked it. So yeah, and vote(i-if you want)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 540 13
𝚈/𝙽 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕. 𝙰𝚕𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜, 𝚍𝚊𝚛...
330 18 5
𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤! 𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 * "𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕." 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒏...
5.6K 234 22
"You're annoying as hell Heffley." "Don't act like you don't like it L/N." 𝓲𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 "𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓼" 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽...
39.6K 402 12
Rodrick Heffley had been bullying you since.. forever One day, things suddenly take a turn and you find something out. You were shocked. READ TO FIND...